PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take for the east to catch up with the west?

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Lets be real, Epsn and thier east bias had been talking bout the east being the good conference this year.

But well.

We all know that ANY playoff team in the west would have taken out in a series every east teams but the Magic and Cavs ( Celtics had no Kg so, sorry)

The finals was a WASH and i do get the impresion that Lakers, Nugets, Spurs, Mavs all would have won the finals.

To make things worse the top three 2010 agentes are East Dudes and The likes of Suns, Rockets or Mavs will have a lot of moenty to throw at them.

and the final straw this years lottery

top 4 picks go the the west.....

so , when?

JordansBulls
06-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Lets be real, Epsn and thier east bias had been talking bout the east being the good conference this year.

But well.

We all know that ANY playoff team in the west would have taken out in a series every east teams but the Magic and Cavs ( Celtics had no Kg so, sorry)

The finals was a WASH and i do get the impresion that Lakers, Nugets, Spurs, Mavs all would have won the finals.

To make things worse the top three 2010 agentes are East Dudes and The likes of Suns, Rockets or Mavs will have a lot of moenty to throw at them.

so , when?

Denver would struggle with the Bulls, as would the Mavs. The east isn't as you say, they are already with the west.

In fact if you base things on what has been happening, each conference alternates champions.

2003 - Spurs - West
2004 - Pistons - East
2005 - Spurs - West
2006 - Heat - East
2007 - Spurs - West
2008 - Celtics - East
2009 - Lakers - West

Lakers09
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
2000 - Lakers - West
2001 - Lakers - West
2002 - Lakers - West
2003 - Spurs - West
2004 - Pistons - East
2005 - Spurs - West
2006 - Heat - East
2007 - Spurs - West
2008 - Celtics - East
2009 - Lakers - West

The west/lakers own it

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
not long, its already happening. Dallas, SA, and Phx are fading, and the east is getting better in that middle portion. It all depends on management decisions, the west has shown since the late 90's, that they are smarter. So, on paper, it looks like the east is making up ground. We will see though

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Jordanbulls you know that those three titles had everything to do with the west team strugglin surprisngly do you?

Fantastic four imploding.

Mavs letting a 2-0 go

Odom , Bryant and Pau dissapearing.

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Jordanbulls you know that those three titles had everything to do with the west team strugglin surprisngly do you?

Mavs letting a 2-0 go

well normally you do struggle when the other team is better.......

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
no when the otehr teamis better you just lose.

when you re suppossed to win but lose you struggle.

b_rad23
06-20-2009, 02:41 PM
no when the otehr teamis better you just lose.

when you re suppossed to win but lose you struggle.

Except that the Celtics were/are (when healthy) better than the Lakers, and they struggled because the Celtics were great defensively.

If you look at it, the better defensive team won almost all of those series'.

The Mavs were great offensively, but not amazing defensively (the Heat were better on that end), and the Pistons were great defensively as well.

GCOOKIE7
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM

But well.

so , when?

English plz?

mikantsass
06-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Hmmm more biased LAL propaganda. What do you want to hear? The Lakers are the best team ever in the history of sports. Noone will ever be better. They will beat any other team, not only in basketball, but they would beat the Patriots in a game of football, and the Yankeess in a game of baseball. Kobe would be the MVP at wide reciever. AND PAU IS JUST GOD - The best thing to come into the U.S. since silk boxing draws.

To go back to your original post, the Mavs and Nuggs would not win a series vs Bos, Cle, Orl, Chi, and maybe even ATL

fairandbalanced
06-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Catch up? Dude, do you live in China?.....If KG was healthy, the Celtics would have repeat.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 02:58 PM

Mavs letting a 2-0 go

sorry dude, not true. In football, or college, maybe. But in a 7 games series, the better team wins. Period, end of story

GCOOKIE7
06-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Catch up? Dude, do you live in China?.....If KG was healthy, the Celtics would have repeat.

And we'd still be calling Pau soft

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:03 PM
And we'd still be calling Pau soft

he is soft. But so is Orlando's defense

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM
^hey its not our fault you didnt show up.

In fact you should have deserved to lose against Bulls and their incredible stars Salmons a, MIller and Noah.

Whats your wxcuse?

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Keep Calling Pau Soft , as long as he gets rings call him whatever.

lakers4sho
06-20-2009, 03:08 PM
English plz?

any west playoff team could've beaten any eastern playoff team in a series other than the Cavs and the Magic

If the Lakers had Bynum/Ariza last year, the Lakers would've been the ones to repeat.

We can just go on and on and on with this...

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Keep Calling Pau Soft , as long as he gets rings call him whatever.

I am not debating whether he got a ring or not dude. Ummmmmm, as soon as KG wins one, there is hate everywhere for him.
The fact is, he is soft, but so was the entire NBA this year. There were quasi contenders like Cleveland, who had a stud and a bunch of cast off role players, Orlando, who has a good big man and a couple of shooters, and no experience at all, Boston was gimped, and the west top dogs are all on the way down, with Portland not being ready yet. The Lakers were the best of the league this year. Do you truly think this team is better than the Lakers of the early 2000's, or the Spurs championship teams, or the Piston's 2004 team, or the Celtics of last year? C'mon.
back to the subject. The east appears to be gaining, but as I said before, they need better management decisions, or the west will just build right up again

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:11 PM
any west playoff team could've beaten any eastern playoff team in a series other than the Cavs and the Magic

If the Lakers had Bynum/Ariza last year, the Lakers would've been the ones to repeat.

if, if, if, what a fun game. Bynum showed what exactly? The Celtics would have eaten him alive. And Ariza would have helped, but he wouldn't have stopped the Celtics bro. He was much improved this year, even as the season went on, he wasn't that good last year

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 03:16 PM
espn east bias??? nahhh dont think so

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:21 PM
espn east bias??? nahhh dont think so

outside the Lakers, ESPN is horrible on the east bias

lakers4sho
06-20-2009, 03:21 PM
if, if, if, what a fun game. Bynum showed what exactly? The Celtics would have eaten him alive. And Ariza would have helped, but he wouldn't have stopped the Celtics bro. He was much improved this year, even as the season went on, he wasn't that good last year

But I'd take Ariza guarding Pierce over Radmanovic guarding Pierce.

Plus Bynum could've at least be a body out there against Perkins. Odom is terribly undersized.

Oh well, this is getting a bit off topic.

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:24 PM
But I'd take Ariza guarding Pierce over Radmanovic guarding Pierce.

Plus Bynum could've at least be a body out there against Perkins. Odom is terribly undersized.

Oh well, this is getting a bit off topic.

agreed, we don't need to discuss that here, I will never agree that this years Laker team could have beaten the Celtics of last year. Not when a Yao/McGrady less Rockets team pushes them to 7, and they just show up with total complacency every few games.
They were down this year imo, but they were the best of the down year in the NBA. Still a ring, and means just as much as winning it in the toughest year ever, so not a criticism

J-Relo
06-20-2009, 03:24 PM

1. You started that game
2. 08/09 Lakers would have been almost the same, or better than 08/09 Celtics with KG....

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 03:34 PM
1. You started that game
2. 08/09 Lakers would have been almost the same, or better than 08/09 Celtics with KG....

I did not start it bro.
and who knows, we will never know, so why speculate? We don't know how good the Celtics would have been with a healthy KG this season.

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 03:43 PM
09 lakers versus 00 lakers?

True Shaq and Kobe is a very good case for 00

But id take the MUCH BETTER DEPTH and quality of the starters of this year.

I mean Pau, Ariza, Odom, Bynum are all of them better than Horry, Washed up Ac green Ultra washed up Rice and Shaw etc.

Fisher cancels himself 00 is younger and faster 09 is more experienced.

YankeesR#2
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM

The Celtics bent the Lakers over last year and stuck it where the sun don't shine.

It was a total humiliation and to think that someone like Bynum or Aziza would have made a differene is just ludicrous.

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 04:13 PM
what was Celtics record agains Lakers this regular season? WITH KG ON THE COURT by the way.....

End of the discussion

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
what was Celtics record agains Lakers this regular season? WITH KG ON THE COURT by the way.....

End of the discussion

regular season doesn't matter come playoff time. End of discussion

Hawkeye15
06-20-2009, 04:32 PM

I mean Pau, Ariza, Odom, Bynum are all of them better than Horry, Washed up Ac green Ultra washed up Rice and Shaw etc.

Horry was not washed up then, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, Fisher was better. But, Gasol and Ariza would have been a problem for them, however, Kobe cancels himself out, and Shaq would have DESTROYED the current Laker front lineup. 2000 Lakers in 5

Ansy
06-20-2009, 04:40 PM

The 00 Lakers probably wouldn't have lost a single game this entire playoff run. Depth is nice. The Kings had tons of depth, and so did the Blazers, both of whom lost to that Lakers team.

Shaq in his prime is worth 10 Pau Gasol's. How quickly we forget, the league had to change the rules of the game because Shaq was too dominant, too far above all the other stars in the league at the time.

dodgers310
06-20-2009, 04:43 PM

You sure about that

ericjrosenberg
06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
The east is not soft, the bulls and celtics played a historical series. The Lakers just had more experience in the finals the Magic were a missed layup and a couple missed free throws away from being up 3-1 instead of down. Here is a free tip for Dwight Howard instead of thinking up and praticing new dunks for the dunk contest, PRACTICE YOUR FOUL SHOOTING! Let me end this by saying I HATE Kobe but he did what King James ( i think is overrated) could not, he put his team on his back and pulled out wins (granted he has a better supporting cast).

Celtics win in 2010 and 2011 KG is pissed!

YankeesR#2
06-20-2009, 04:58 PM
What no one is mentioning is the difference in coaching.

Van Gundy was the worst coach I can remember to coach a team in the finals.....and he outcoached Brown in the conference finals.

I would say that Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers coaching Cleveland or Orlando would beat a Laker team coached by Van Gundy or Brown,

NYYCowboys
06-20-2009, 04:59 PM

But well.

so , when?

There's no way teams like the Mavs, Blazers, Hornets and Jazz could have beaten the Celtics. And the answer to when the East will catch up will be when the Knicks sign Lebron and/or Wade/Bosh.

f19ure
06-20-2009, 05:32 PM

Quit living in a fantasy world. The Bulls would have murked the Hornets (Atlanta would have too). Miami would have decimated Utah (out of 11 matchups, since Wade's been in the league, the Jazz have won only once; how's that for pathetic :down:). The KG-less Celtics would have burned teams like the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs. Philadelphia causes serious matchup problems for the Portland Trailblazers, despite Portland's length. It's no wonder the East dominated Inter-conference play. Quit talkin' out of your @$$.

Bynum is foul-prone, has no lateral quickness to keep up with KG (the Celtics would have certainly exploited this on mismatches) and hasn't proven anything thus far in the playoffs offensively. And Ariza had a breakout campaign, 'nuff said.

You hittin' the pipe if you think the Celtics are gonna win it in 2010 and 2011. They'll no doubt contend, but the East is gettin' top heavy. Atlanta really only needs on-court leadership, and maybe one or two pieces to make them title contenders. The Cavaliers are hell-bent on avoiding going backwards, and I'm certain they'll make the right moves to try to win a championship in 2010. The Heat just need a decent low-post option (who can mix it up offensively and play some good interior defense), and another legitimate wing option (preferably a small forward that can space out the opposing team's defense). Orlando is frustrated (even more-so than Cleveland), Howard and Nelson both watched the Lakers celebrate on their home floor amid swirls of nausea reverberating from within. After purging themselves of the loss, don't you think they're gonna' be hungry, possibly more than ever? And the Bulls have some really good pieces to build around, nurtured the right way, those pieces could really flourish alongside Rose.

t-mac1nukka
06-20-2009, 08:29 PM
the east is so vastly overrated. i dont know that we will see them catch up for 5-10 years.

orlando would of been mauled by lakers, rockets, denver, mavs, or utah!!!! the fact that this orlando team made it to the finals shows how weak the east is. orlando is an above average team not an elite team by any means.

Grim Reaper
06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
It's pretty even now. The West is still a little better but it is getting closer every year.

Caution1011
06-20-2009, 08:45 PM
The east is not soft, the bulls and celtics played a historical series. The Lakers just had more experience in the finals the Magic were a missed layup and a couple missed free throws away from being up 3-1 instead of down. Here is a free tip for Dwight Howard instead of thinking up and praticing new dunks for the dunk contest, PRACTICE YOUR FOUL SHOOTING! Let me end this by saying I HATE Kobe but he did what King James ( i think is overrated) could not, he put his team on his back and pulled out wins (granted he has a better supporting cast).

hell no! Miami could of taken out New Orleans, Spurs, Mavs which Wade owns. Dude the east is underrated.

f19ure
06-20-2009, 09:08 PM
the east is so vastly overrated. i dont know that we will see them catch up for 5-10 years.

orlando would of been mauled by lakers, rockets, denver, mavs, or utah!!!! the fact that this orlando team made it to the finals shows how weak the east is. orlando is an above average team not an elite team by any means.

Lmfao at this scrub. Utah was destroyed both the times they met the Magic, at EnergySolutions Arena and on the road @ Amway. There loss at home ended in a ten-point deficit, but that's as close as that game got (the Magic outscored them 34-12 to go up 80-68 at the end of the third). Not to mention, this was one of the three games Dwight Howard missed. The Jazz's road loss was even worse, especially when you consider that Orlando struggled from the free-throw line and the field. And Denver had a similar loss, on their home-court no less, to the Magic. I won't even comment on the Mavericks, they've got no interior defense, know what happens when you've got a decent low-post player and nobody to defend him in the paint? :laugh:

Only teams that would give the Magic fits are the Rockets and Lakers. Western Conference teams are the ones that are overrated. LOL @ Dallas, Denver, or Utah beating the Magic in the Finals. F*ckin' ******. Like I said in my post above (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9852718#post9852718), it's no wonder the East dominated Inter-conference play.

GCOOKIE7
06-20-2009, 09:09 PM
[/B]
hell no! Miami could of taken out New Orleans, Spurs, Mavs which Wade owns. Dude the east is underrated.

HAHAHA the Miami heat were the worst team in the playoffs

f19ure
06-20-2009, 09:13 PM
The worst team in the playoffs was by far and wide, New Orleans, followed by Detroit.