PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to Houston?

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 12:33 PM
http://probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=582

O'Neal to the Rockets for Tracy McGrady: Believe it or not, McGrady makes more money than O'Neal; he is scheduled to receive $21.1 million next season, then comes off the books, so neither team's plans are affected.

The Suns can look at it two ways: It can be a salary dump, which they have already indicated they are open to with some of the other rumored deals. Or they can take an abbreviated look at McGrady, who will be ready in December or January and eager to prove he is healed and worthy of another contract. In Phoenix's offense, he can play anywhere from the 1 to the 4.

The Rockets were one win away from the conference finals without McGrady. He clearly isn't in their plans and is rumored to be on the market. Moving him would be a huge step forward for the franchise.

While limiting O'Neal's minutes, the Rockets would have insurance for the oft-injured Yao Ming. You get a nice mental picture of guys like Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Chuck Hayes and Aaron Brooks playing in the space that O'Neal creates, which would be very similar to playing alongside Yao. And with a roster that includes O'Neal, Scola, Landry, Hayes, Ron Artest and Shane Battier, the Rockets would be perhaps the toughest team in the NBA.

If O'Neal is serious about winning a championship -- and getting another contract, perhaps at mid-level money -- this is the place to be.

I thought about this the other day....I would do it in a heart beat.......we give yao a backup and we have insurance in case he goes down again.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 12:41 PM
The Big Cactus aint comin off the bench dawg

LakersIn5
06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
lol @ shaq coming off the bench

more like

yao-shaq-artest-tmac-brooks

lol there is even a bigger chance of shaq playing starting pg than come off the bench

azkarraga
06-20-2009, 12:52 PM

more like

lol there is even a bigger chance of shaq playing starting pg than come off the bench

x2

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Yes, one of the most egomaniacal men in the league will come off of the bench.

jacquewho?
06-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Yea I dont' think he is going to accept a spot off the bench. He claimed this is his ast year playing basketball, so I'm sure he would like it to be on a contending team starting than on the bench, getting just 15-20 MPG behind Yao

It'd be a nice trade for the Rockets though, but it's not going to happen.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 12:55 PM
C-Yao
PF-Shaq
SF-Artest
SG-Battier
PG-Brooks

Ballah0liC1
06-20-2009, 12:59 PM
hells no that will totally ruin the offense cause well be so god damn slow

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 01:01 PM
i know it's hard to imagine shaq off the bench, but I think he would be willing to do it for another title shot...hell Alonzo Mourning got the important minutes against Dallas in the finals a couple of years back and shaq was fine with it.........plus it's almost inevitable that yao will go down so he might end up starting anyway.....

LakersIn5
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
i know it's hard to imagine shaq off the bench, but I think he would be willing to do it for another title shot...hell Alonzo Mourning got the important minutes against Dallas in the finals a couple of years back and shaq was fine with it.........plus it's almost inevitable that yao will go down so he might end up starting anyway.....

cuz he started

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 01:14 PM
C-Yao
PF-Shaq
SF-Artest
SG-Battier
PG-Brooks

uhhh okay the slowest front court in the league with the fastest pg :laugh: genius :laugh: :down:

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 01:17 PM
never happen...sorry pal

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 01:24 PM
uhhh okay the slowest front court in the league with the fastest pg :laugh: genius :laugh: :down:

I'm not a fan of the trade because that would probably be the lineup.

Good 5 players but it isn't smooth.

geoffizfoshiz
06-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Of all the trades scenarios i've seen for the diesel, this HAS to be the worst.

If you think Shaq would come off the bench in Houston, than you don't know Shaq.

If you think Shaq would accept mid-level money, than you don't know Shaq.

If you think Shaq and Yao could play together at the 4 and 5 spots....than you just flat out don't know basketball.

king4day
06-20-2009, 01:42 PM

more like

TMac is the one getting traded.

Shaq and Yao starting together would make other teams just run past them. If you thought Amare and Shaq had trouble playing together, imagine two of the slowest guys in the game at the same time.

I know this sounds silly, but given Yao's injuries, why not bring him off the bench to lessen his minutes. No one can say that's a joke since he's yet to play a full season.

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
It just wouldn't work.....Teams would run em out of the building. The Lane won't be as clogged as people think thanks to Yao's jumper, but it still would not work.

juggla53
06-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Never in a million years, you'd have probabley the slowest team in NBA history

nikefreek220
06-20-2009, 02:59 PM
worst fast break in the history of basketball right there.

braveniler58
06-20-2009, 03:11 PM
What the hell? Please, no. -_-

still1ballin
06-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Doesn't make sense

BenFrank
06-20-2009, 04:02 PM
This is the funniest idea i've ever heard.. I would only do this if Shaq was willing to come off the bench.. which he might consider if it was for another ring.. or he might not.. but playing them together is just redicilious.. as a Rocket's fan I would hate to see that

goku
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
not happening stupid thread

blacknell
06-20-2009, 04:59 PM
doubt shaq ever comes off the bench

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
not happening stupid thread

it's a rumor.................

ManRam
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
C-Yao
PF-Shaq
SF-Artest
SG-Battier
PG-Brooks

Biggest team in the league. Probably the slowest too, besides Brooks.

It would be really interesting to see how that starting 5 would succeed.

Trouble87
06-20-2009, 05:21 PM
horrible

Reyes6
06-20-2009, 05:22 PM
PG- Shaq
SG- Battier
SF- Artest
PF- Scola
C- Yao

2nd Unit
PG- Brooks
SG- Lowry
SF- Wafer
PF- Landry
C- Hayes

Smallest 2nd unit and Biggest 1st unit. I like it.... /sarcasm.

fredo832
06-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I wouldnt mind it if we had shaq. but only if he comes off the bench. you never know shaq is getting up there in his age and im sure he doesnt want to be on the court for the whole game.

theimortalone
06-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I dunno about this! :confused: Shaq isn't gonna come off the bench.

DeadMemories
06-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Hahahaha!!!!!!!

wileyisTOFU
06-20-2009, 07:39 PM
yikes that would be brutal to watch shaq and yao jog down the court for a year

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
People don't think Shaq would do it if he were garuanteed 16-20mpg? Yao needs a lot of rest and Shaq's only playing every other game right now. He's be playing 20 a night instead of 30 every other night. Both of them could use the breather. Plus in the playoffs every game generally devolves into half court sets, and putting Yao and Shaq in at the same time would be a killer two-man zone. I don't know anyone else that Shaq might consider playing behind.