PDA

View Full Version : #6 PG In the NBA Today: Volume 2

Mile High Champ
06-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember but I conducted a poll at the start of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

PG Rankings DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!

1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6)

Last Years PG rankings:

1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Mile High Champ
06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
I think this one will be very close after the last few blow outs....

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Rondo. He's had a better year/playoffs than everyone else on the list, except for maybe Mo Williams.

droalex
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
I'll have to go with Derrick Rose, lead bulls into the playoffs.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 12:38 AM
I picked Harris, not Rose yet

SidTheKid87
06-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Could be wrong but I believe Rondo is the only one with a title. Not trying to start the whole "had more talent around him" but he had a great playoff and a good season. Starting to come into his own and making it a "BIG 4". If it was all-time I'd take Kidd but right now I'll go Rondo ahead of harris and rose

VCaintdead17
06-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Devin Harris hands down.

Yankees22
06-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Derrick Rose

zambo4president
06-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Rose should be 5

Chronz
06-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Rondo. He's had a better year/playoffs than everyone else on the list, except for maybe Mo Williams.

Did you just say Mo Williams had a good playoff run? Can we take his vote away please

Jumba
06-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Derrick Rose, strong potential, more of a point guard's point guard

Agar81
06-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Anyone who thinks Mo deserves it is an idiot. Compare his playoff numbers (when it counts) to rondo,drose, or even harris for just being a monster in the regular season.

VCaintdead17
06-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Seriously, Rose is NOT a top 5 point guard.

I swear, if Rose wins this, than this list series thing loses all credibility.

kb24ap28
06-20-2009, 01:44 AM

i agree. theres no way that rite now he is better than jkidd, b davis and devin harris. does he have potential to be better than them? sure, but like the rules say its not about that.

cmellofan15
06-20-2009, 01:44 AM
It goes to the best PG in the East...Devin Harris

carter15
06-20-2009, 01:46 AM
REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

Derrick Rose, strong potential, more of a point guard's point guard

this is why derrick rose has so many votes....believe me I am one of D. Rose's biggest fans, he's my 3rd or 4th favorite player but hes just played ONE season....he is not the 5th best point guard YET....after next season when we do this again then maybe...but not now....his regular season numbers just dont match up to most of the other guys up for vote.

ragee
06-20-2009, 02:19 AM

How did Mo actually had a better playoff when he actually choked against the Magic? I picked Rondo too though...

ink
06-20-2009, 02:42 AM
Rose will win based completely on the number of Bulls fans here.

Should be:

#6: Rondo
#7: Harris
#8: Rose

Evolution=FACT
06-20-2009, 03:01 AM
i agree. theres no way that rite now he is better than jkidd, b davis and devin harris. does he have potential to be better than them? sure, but like the rules say its not about that.

are you kidding me right now? wow. it is a fact, he is much better right now than jason kidd.

Lizard King
06-20-2009, 03:11 AM

Go whine about it...oh wait.

Kyben36
06-20-2009, 03:47 AM
For this year, I would go rose, without Gordon in chicago anymore, Rose will have alot more ball time which = more points and more assist.

KG2TB
06-20-2009, 04:05 AM

Baron Davis? Are you serious? Also, D. Rose I believe is better than J Kidd RIGHT NOW. Kidd has slowed up some. If anything, they're even but whatever. Also, it's not all about numbers, if it was than Chauncey Billups wouldn't be ranked 3rd.

jehovah joe
06-20-2009, 05:15 AM
rose will be #1 in the near future... but for now he's #6...

barbjake
06-20-2009, 05:26 AM

Rose and Harris are the only ones who are close.
If potential isn't a factor, then neither should Kidd's past. Baron Davis did Dick-all this year. Oh, no wait, he made a crap Clippers team worse if that's even possible.
#6 HAS to be Rose or Harris or "this list loses all credibility".

LakersIn5
harris is no.5, rose is no.6 now and in the future higher so rose is not a top 5 PG

barbjake
Actually change that to ROSE or RONDO. Those two blow out all others left. (I thought Rondo had already been picked.)

raptors_fanatic
06-20-2009, 08:42 AM
should be harris....but seems like Rose is gettin alot of love, calderon could be comin in after, im not a homer just dont like rondo's game

Mile High Champ
06-20-2009, 09:16 AM
we got a close one on our hands here..

kbaxter34
06-20-2009, 09:35 AM
This is a tough one between Harris Rondo Rose. I almost want to give it to Rondo because of his playoff performance. He was .2 ast away from avg a tripple double. Harris had the best regular season out of this group and really stepped it up this year. Im goin with him

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Derrick Rose averaged 17 PPG/6.5 APG/4 RPG while leading his team to the playoffs as a ROOKIE! He then averaged 20 PPG/6 APG/6 RPG in the playoffs and almost lead his team past the 1st round. How can he not be 6th on this list. He had the best 1st playoff game ever by a rookie in his 1st game getting 36 PTS/11 AST!

Need I say more?

SidTheKid87
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Derrick Rose averaged 17 PPG/6.5 APG/4 RPG while leading his team to the playoffs as a ROOKIE! He then averaged 20 PPG/6 APG/6 RPG in the playoffs and almost lead his team past the 1st round. How can he not be 6th on this list. He had the best 1st playoff game ever by a rookie in his 1st game getting 36 PTS/11 AST!

Need I say more?

Yes because you're saying one game makes you the sixth best point guard in the game? One season makes you on of the best in the game? I'll take a guy who has done it before which is why I took Rondo. Rondo < Rose in the playoffs and there's just no way you could argue it and I even dislike the Celts.

PJAF
06-20-2009, 11:18 AM
I would put a healthy, sound minded Stephon Marbury above all those guys mentioned in the 6 spot.

JWO35
06-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Devin Harris

ManRam
06-20-2009, 11:29 AM
I voted for Rose, just so Harris wouldn't win. I really think Harris' game is overrated.

Mile High Champ
06-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I think Rose is a bit overated in this thread, a few to many homers...

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Devin Harris.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Steve Nash is #6

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes because you're saying one game makes you the sixth best point guard in the game? One season makes you on of the best in the game? I'll take a guy who has done it before which is why I took Rondo. Rondo < Rose in the playoffs and there's just no way you could argue it and I even dislike the Celts.

So you agree with me? That bolded statement means that Rondo is less than(<) Rose and therefore Rose is better than Rondo. I guess you wrote that whole statement for no reason if you agreed with me.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Rose, he lead the Bulls into the playoffs, Harris didn't do that. Rose had a great season, and was consistent all year. he shot 48% from the field. That's crazy considering he is a pg.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Harris is only so good, because he is the only man on the team that can score other than VC, while the Bulls had Gordon Salmons, and Hinrich.

J_M_B
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Devin Harris

J_M_B
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Next in line is Rondo and Rose

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Devin Harris I think.....the Rondo, then Rose.

mikantsass
06-20-2009, 02:27 PM
The guy who started the post said it himself "REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best."

That explains D Rose. I dont know how he has so many votes. He certainly has the potential but he hasnt proved anything yet.

It has to be either Rondo or Harris, with the nod to Rondo because he's got the ring and post season resume

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 02:38 PM
The guy who started the post said it himself "REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best."

That explains D Rose. I dont know how he has so many votes. He certainly has the potential but he hasnt proved anything yet.

It has to be either Rondo or Harris, with the nod to Rondo because he's got the ring and post season resume

Rose hasn't proven anything? Carrying a team throughout the first half of the season? Rookie of the Year. Skills challenge champ? Having one of the single best performences for a rookie in the playoffs? 48% fg shooting for a pg? He has done plenty, I feel he deserves it.

jim51990
06-20-2009, 02:38 PM
this is crazy atleast 3 of these guys right now are better then rose and harris and rondo are far better

IversonIsKrazy
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
B-Diddy has aged, and isnt himself anymore this season. Kidd is the same thing. It's between Rose & Harris. Devin Harris was the main or second guy on the team. Rose had to share the ball with the selfish Gordon. Rose was just amazing in the playoffs, which is why i voted Rose over Harris.

op12
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Rose will win based completely on the number of Bulls fans here.

Should be:

#6: Rondo
#7: Harris
#8: Rose

agreed it should be rondo or harris. this homer stuff is getting crazy. im not event sure rose is #8.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 02:45 PM
this is crazy atleast 3 of these guys right now are better then rose and harris and rondo are far better

Please explain your reasoning and why those 3 are better and how Rondo and Harris are "far better". Rose and Harris had pretty mch hte same season except for 3 PPG which Harris got from the free throw line. Rose would have had the same numbers if he would have gotten some calls. So again, please explain how they are better let alone "far better".

barbjake
06-20-2009, 03:04 PM
It's funny to see all the haters talking about how there are too many "homers". Rose is getting votes from fans of other teams too. Maybe just suck it up, and accept that Rose is up there. If it were being a homer, Rose would've been in the running for #1. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT NUMBER ****ING SIX!

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 03:17 PM
with out a question Devin Harris

Ovratd1up
06-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Rondo will be great one day but like 12ppg and 7/8 apg? How is this better than Rose or Harris? Calderon should be number 6 then if that's all it takes.

MiamiHeat
06-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Rose didn't lead the Bulls to the playoffs don't give me that ********
Bulls weren't going to make the playoffs before the trade.

I vote for Devin Harris

heyman321
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
I can't believe Rose and Harris are getting more votes than Rondo. Rondo basically averaged a freakin triple double in the playoffs. He was the Celtic's best player.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 03:40 PM

I vote for Devin Harris

The bulls wouldn't have been in contention even after the trade if Rose didn't carry them for the firts half of the season so dont give me that ****.

Pran Raznor
06-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I vote for Devin Harris

That's fine if you think Harris is better. But don't say Rose didn't lead the Bulls to the playoffs. That's ignorant.

Sean McG
06-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Devin Harris. Hell I'd probably put him #4 over Parker and Nash.

VCaintdead17
06-20-2009, 04:35 PM
It's funny how you guys think that a playoff series constitutes more than an ENTIRE SEASON.

This is clearly Devin Harris. I don't give two ***** about how well Rose and Rondo did in the playoffs, because that's what, 7 games for Rose? 14 games for Rondo? Harris played better than both of them for 82 games.

theuuord
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
lol @ Rose "carrying" the Bulls to a 25-30 record before they made the Salmons/Miller trade.

lol @ the Bulls winning only 8 more games than they did last year, an expected amount considering their youth and the trade even without the #1 pick, and the media hypes it into this unbelievable turnaround.

The Rose-colored glasses are out in full force....

theuuord
06-20-2009, 04:47 PM
also, lol @ people going nuts over how Harris isn't a "true" point guard but then fail to point out that he has a higher assist rate than Derrick Rose.

We get it. Chicago is ecstatic they landed their point guard of the future. He's great. He will probably be a top-5 point guard in the league when all is said and done. But he's not there yet, and that's what this question is asking.

ManRam
06-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Harris is only so good, because he is the only man on the team that can score other than VC, while the Bulls had Gordon Salmons, and Hinrich.

Agreed. If Rondo is on the Nets, his number are going to be way better than Harris. Harris is one of the worst shooting PGs in the league. 44% from the field and 29% from three. His game is so overrated. He's a turn over machine, and SUCH an inefficient scorer.

I'd rather have Rondo, and his great defense, great rebounding, and far superior passing than Devin Harris' speed and shot jacking. If Rondo isn't the 4th option on his team (like the playoffs, he was #2) he puts up ridiculous numbers all year long.

I'd rather have Rose, a guy who knows he can't shoot the three and doesn't (Harris can't shoot the three but still does), shoots more efficiently, turns the ball over less, and has more athleticism and size.

6. Rondo
7. Rose
8. Harris

carter15
06-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Agreed. If Rondo is on the Nets, his number are going to be way better than Harris. Harris is one of the worst shooting PGs in the league. 44% from the field and 29% from three. His game is so overrated. He's a turn over machine, and SUCH an inefficient scorer.

I'd rather have Rondo, and his great defense, great rebounding, and far superior passing than Devin Harris' speed and shot jacking. If Rondo isn't the 4th option on his team (like the playoffs, he was #2) he puts up ridiculous numbers all year long.

I'd rather have Rose, a guy who knows he can't shoot the three and doesn't (Harris can't shoot the three but still does), shoots more efficiently, turns the ball over less, and has more athleticism and size.

6. Rondo
7. Rose
8. Harris
you can look at it another way though saying that since the Nets have no one other then VC and Devin ..Devin has to take a lot of shots and a lot of difficult shots since defenses can focus in on him....its easier been a 3rd or 4th option and not shooting as many shots and when you do they are higher percentage shots...obviously in that case guys lik rondo will have a higher shooting %....but if rondo or rose were been forced to take jumpers and shoot 15+ shots a game, you'd see their percentages go down a lot.

bodupp311
06-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Rose hasn't proven anything? Carrying a team throughout the first half of the season? Rookie of the Year. Skills challenge champ? Having one of the single best performences for a rookie in the playoffs? 48% fg shooting for a pg? He has done plenty, I feel he deserves it.

agree 100%

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 06:22 PM
lol @ Rose "carrying" the Bulls to a 25-30 record before they made the Salmons/Miller trade.

lol @ the Bulls winning only 8 more games than they did last year, an expected amount considering their youth and the trade even without the #1 pick, and the media hypes it into this unbelievable turnaround.

The Rose-colored glasses are out in full force....

It was, we were 23-30 and we ended the season as the 2nd hottest team in the east. without Derrick Rose we would have had a 15-38 record and wouldn't be in playoff contention. so yes he did carry us before the Miller and Salmons trade.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 06:57 PM
you can look at it another way though saying that since the Nets have no one other then VC and Devin ..Devin has to take a lot of shots and a lot of difficult shots since defenses can focus in on him....its easier been a 3rd or 4th option and not shooting as many shots and when you do they are higher percentage shots...obviously in that case guys lik rondo will have a higher shooting %....but if rondo or rose were been forced to take jumpers and shoot 15+ shots a game, you'd see their percentages go down a lot.

Derrick Rose does shoot around 15 shots per game and he is the focal point for opposing defenses along with Ben Gordon. The only reason Derrick Rose didn't average over 20 PPG is because the refs gave him NO calls at all. He would have easily averaged 20 PPG if refs weren't biased against almost all rookies.

Baller1
06-20-2009, 07:02 PM
It's Jason Kidd? I can't believe Rose or Harris is going to win this.

carter15
06-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Derrick Rose does shoot around 15 shots per game and he is the focal point for opposing defenses along with Ben Gordon. The only reason Derrick Rose didn't average over 20 PPG is because the refs gave him NO calls at all. He would have easily averaged 20 PPG if refs weren't biased against almost all rookies.

i guess i shuda added how its not just 15 shots for devin its another 9 FT's almost....all this means he is forced to create offense more...so its harder to keep the % up.

and that reason about rose not getting calls is BS.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 07:14 PM
i guess i shuda added how its not just 15 shots for devin its another 9 FT's almost....all this means he is forced to create offense more...so its harder to keep the % up.

and that reason about rose not getting calls is BS.

Really? Ask ANYBODY who has watched the Bulls multiple times and you will see it is not BS. You have watched maybe 2 or 3 Bulls games this year during the REGULAR SEASON probably when they have face the Nets and that is not enough. If you have watched them the whole year, you would know what I am talking about.

And also to all you Rondo fans who say he is one of the best defenders at the PG position, how did he let a rookie average 20/6/6?

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Really? Ask ANYBODY who has watched the Bulls multiple times and you will see it is not BS. You have watched maybe 2 or 3 Bulls games this year during the REGULAR SEASON probably when they have face the Nets and that is not enough. If you have watched them the whole year, you would know what I am talking about.

And also to all you Rondo fans who say he is one of the best defenders at the PG position, how did he let a rookie average 20/6/6?

100% agree

jim51990
06-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Please explain your reasoning and why those 3 are better and how Rondo and Harris are "far better". Rose and Harris had pretty mch hte same season except for 3 PPG which Harris got from the free throw line. Rose would have had the same numbers if he would have gotten some calls. So again, please explain how they are better let alone "far better".

i need not even explain harris because he is as good as rose at everything while being a far better shooter rondo proved in the play offs how he was better. he put to rest oh hes good because of the big 3 kg was gone and allen and pierce struggled

theuuord
06-20-2009, 07:28 PM
It was, we were 23-30 and we ended the season as the 2nd hottest team in the east. without Derrick Rose we would have had a 15-38 record and wouldn't be in playoff contention. so yes he did carry us before the Miller and Salmons trade.

You have no basis in saying that. The year prior to this with essentially the exact same team the Bulls went 33-49 - essentially the same winning percentage as 23-30. The only difference is that their best players all got one year older (and since they were young, closer to their primes, or more deeply into them).
In essence, even with the addition of Rose and the development of pretty much everyone that was a rotation player in Chicago, you guys only got marginally better.

Rose's impact is not nearly that which Bulls fans think it was. Sorry guys. Time to give credit to your entire team.

carter15
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM

first of all everyone will think their team deserved more calls..i no near the end of season harris wasnt getting the calls he did at the begining..so u cant complain about that when comparing player.

2nd of all...didnt rose let rondo almost average a triple double on him :confused: or was that the next series.

jim51990
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM

if kirk was healthy all year and rose wasnt on the team they would have still made the playoffs

theuuord
06-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow, usually you don't have to deal with this much incorrect analysis in so little time.
Let's get started.

The reason Harris's percentages look low is because he had to take a massive load of the Nets offense. He took 28.4% of team possessions - way more than Rose's 22.6%. To compare, the average is 20 - obviously, since there are 5 players on the floor - and guys like LeBron have usage rates around 33%. 28.4% put Harris at 10th in the league, right below Duncan and right above Durant.

Every player in the league sees their percentages drop the more possessions they use. For some like LeBron and Kobe, the drop is less dramatic, but for most players, it's noticeable. For a guy like Harris, who had never taken on anywhere near such an offensive load, it's understandable.

Despite his average field goal percentages, Harris actually had a great offensive rating of 113 - the best of his career, and five more than Rose's 108. And that doesn't even take the bigger offensive load into account.

As for being a so-called "turnover machine," his turnover rate was relatively identical to Rose's (14% to 13.3%), so I'm not sure where you made that up, but I'd suggest looking at facts first.

Again, outside of a couple of GREAT playoff series, there is nothing really to back this up. And I like Rondo a lot, and think he's an excellent point guard. You calling Harris a shotjacker isn't fair, because for the millionth time, he and Carter were the two big offensive threats on the team (and Lopez to an extent).
Not to mention the entire concept of the dribble-drive offense, which is the offense the Nets use, and tailors itself precisely to the type of playmaking Harris does.

It's funny how people say Harris is just a shotjacker and then can't seem to explain why his assist rate is better than Rose's and in the top 10 of point guards in the league.

Again, this whole "shooting more efficiently" thing? Wrong. Harris had a true shooting percentage of .563 to Rose's .516, a very significant difference. That's because Harris is both way better at the free throw line (and from shooting outside) and gets there way more.
To be fair, Rose has a slight edge in eFG% (.482 to .475) but not only is that a difference of like three shots over the course of the season, it also doesn't take free throws or the added workload into account.

6. Rondo
7. Rose
8. Harris

You have this reversed. It's okay. I explained why up there^.

Nocioni5
06-20-2009, 07:58 PM

I can vouch for this. I watched and DVR'd every bulls game like I do every year and DRose did get the rookie treatment to the full of its potential. There where some calls that where just rediculous and half the time he would drive he would get hammered with no call. Drose does have a strong build and he still finishes even with contact but thats no reason not to call a foul when he is being tamahawked left and right. I was starting to worry about him getting hurt because he was getting used and abuse in the lane w/ out a call and he is not the complaining type.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I can vouch for this. I watched and DVR'd every bulls game like I do every year and DRose did get the rookie treatment to the full of its potential. There where some calls that where just rediculous and half the time he would drive he would get hammered with no call. Drose does have a strong build and he still finishes even with contact but thats no reason not to call a foul when he is being tamahawked left and right. I was starting to worry about him getting hurt because he was getting used and abuse in the lane w/ out a call and he is not the complaining type.

The 1 game he did miss this year was because of getting fouled and it wasn't called. He was going up for a jam against the Wizards and almost got thrown down. He missed the dunk and jammed his wrist because of that and the foul wasn't even called.

BullsNumber1Fan
06-20-2009, 08:07 PM
first of all everyone will think their team deserved more calls..i no near the end of season harris wasnt getting the calls he did at the begining..so u cant complain about that when comparing player.

2nd of all...didnt rose let rondo almost average a triple double on him :confused: or was that the next series.

He did let Rondo almost average a triple double, but Rose's defense isn't exactly great. I was trying to make a point because some of the reasons people think Rondo is so good is because of his defense. Rondo was pretty impressive during the playoffs though.

chitownbulls
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
You have no basis in saying that. The year prior to this with essentially the exact same team the Bulls went 33-49 - essentially the same winning percentage as 23-30. The only difference is that their best players all got one year older (and since they were young, closer to their primes, or more deeply into them).
In essence, even with the addition of Rose and the development of pretty much everyone that was a rotation player in Chicago, you guys only got marginally better.

Rose's impact is not nearly that which Bulls fans think it was. Sorry guys. Time to give credit to your entire team.

Rose's impact was a lot more because at that time we had a struggling Ben Gordon, and Luol Deng. Kirk Hinrich was injured. Drew Gooden was having injury problems. Rose is the only reason we had a record that good.

greg_ory_2005
06-20-2009, 08:14 PM
My vote goes to Devin.

Chronz
06-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Devin without question

QuaLiThADoN
06-20-2009, 11:53 PM
derrick rose should not win this Homers :(

Kyben36
06-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I think its between Rose and Rondo here. only 2 imo that should be talked about here.

Hariss is good, but realy hasnt gotten his team going like Rondo and Rose did in the playoffs last year.

zambo4president
06-21-2009, 01:02 AM
How was Devin Harris even being considered.

Kyben36
06-21-2009, 01:09 AM
^ Realy, its Derrick Hatters, but he is a great PG, no doubt, but I just dont see him on the level of Rose and Rondo. These 2 impressed the **** out of me in the playoffs.

theuuord
06-21-2009, 01:16 AM
I think its between Rose and Rondo here. only 2 imo that should be talked about here.

Hariss is good, but realy hasnt gotten his team going like Rondo and Rose did in the playoffs last year.

Gotten his team going? Without him, the Nets weren't even moving. They were 4-8 with him out of the lineup - those four wins coming to an Orlando team who had already clinched, the Knicks, a Heat team where Wade had an off night (I was at that game, actually) and the Grizzlies.

The most ridiculous thing I see is when people say Rondo and Rose are better because they have better teams surrounding them. How much sense does that make?

theuuord
06-21-2009, 01:16 AM
^ Realy, its Derrick Hatters, but he is a great PG, no doubt, but I just dont see him on the level of Rose and Rondo. These 2 impressed the **** out of me in the playoffs.

Yeah, totally Derrick haters. Not like, you know, fact-checkers or anything.

Chronz
06-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Rose had 1 good playoff game and everyone thinks he broke every rookie record known to man, the guy didnt even have a good playoff series yet he impressed fans, no scratch that, Chicago Fans. Rose might barely be a top 10 PG much less #6.

Lizard King
06-21-2009, 04:02 AM
There's a lot of hating and whining in this thread. It's a poll on an internet forum...the world is not going to end. The lot of you need to grow up.

Lakerfrk
06-21-2009, 04:44 AM
I'm not a Bulls fan.. and I'm picking Rose... and then Devin.. and maybe even Kidd and Baron before Rondo...

I think Rondo did great things in the playoffs too... but I'd take Rose, Harris, Kidd, and Baron over him any day...

ragee
06-21-2009, 04:58 AM
I'm not a Bulls fan.. and I'm picking Rose... and then Devin.. and maybe even Kidd and Baron before Rondo...

I think Rondo did great things in the playoffs too... but I'd take Rose, Harris, Kidd, and Baron over him any day...

Yup, you are not a Bulls fan... However, you are a Laker fan... I think that may have influenced your opinion a little bit... I have no problem with you picking Harris or Rose over Rondo coz I actually think those players are close to each other... But Kidd and especially Baron Davis?! I don't think so... Have you seen him in the playoffs? Averaged almost a triple double? Who else can do that? Kidd in his prime but not anymore...

Tom81
06-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Derrick Rose

jc4life
06-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Devin Harris

_Supreme_
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
This result once again proves why these polls are a big fat joke.

Nothing more than a popularity contest.

Lizard King
06-21-2009, 04:29 PM

Quit *****ing about it, and get over the fact that Miami didn't get the #1 pick in the 2008 NBA draft.

SaimoNETS
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM

Agreed.

Too many homer Chicago fans on PSD.

Cubs Win
06-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Agreed.

Too many homer Chicago fans on PSD.

Are you gonna be ok? Should I call 911? Need a tissue? Get over it. And Rose is the better PG.

Vinny642
06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Its all w/e now.

SaimoNETS
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Are you gonna be ok? Should I call 911? Need a tissue? Get over it. And Rose is the better PG.

Yeah, keep thinking that.

KH12
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
I see mostly the people complaining about the results are New Jersey fans. How does that make Bulls fans any more "homers" than them? They're both great, young PGs. Rose and Harris were both pretty similar throughout the season production wise and I don't think I saw Harris lead New Jersey to or in the playoffs.

It's a poll on an internet forum, get over it.

effen5
06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Rose had 1 good playoff game and everyone thinks he broke every rookie record known to man, the guy didnt even have a good playoff series yet he impressed fans, no scratch that, Chicago Fans. Rose might barely be a top 10 PG much less #6.

Rose had 1 good playoff game? Did we watch the same playoff series?

Rose AVERAGED 19.7pts at 49 percent, 6.3 Reb, 6.4 assists.....

He had an excellent playoff series...you are ****ing insane

The only downside he had in the playoffs was the turnovers which I am sure he is working on.

Iodine
06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh god not this again. Last time homers sucked off nash, this time rose

effen5
06-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Rose's impact was a lot more because at that time we had a struggling Ben Gordon, and Luol Deng. Kirk Hinrich was injured. Drew Gooden was having injury problems. Rose is the only reason we had a record that good.

Not to mention the whole team had to learn a whole new system with VDN and had to deal with the questionable calls VDN made at end of games.

Cubs Win
06-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, keep thinking that.

OK, I will. You don't need to tell me Rose is better. I correctly voted for him over Devin Harris. You should tell some of your Nets buddies.

Chronz
06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Rose had 1 good playoff game? Did we watch the same playoff series?

Rose AVERAGED 19.7pts at 49 percent, 6.3 Reb, 6.4 assists.....

He had an excellent playoff series...you are ****ing insane

The only downside he had in the playoffs was the turnovers which I am sure he is working on.

Yes it was 1 good game and several meh ones

I know what he averaged, do you know how efficient he was? Horribly inefficient, sadly you cant just look at per game averages think they look pretty and ignore the fact that he had a turnover% of 21.1%, his offensive rating was below 100, he couldnt make an open 3, in fact the C's gave him the Rondo treatment and just overplayed everyone else, he didnt make up for it on the offensive glass, his playmaking was very pedestrian, and on top of it all he was absolutely horrible defensively and somehow managed to not play the passing lanes either, so he was basically doing nothing, oh yea and he scored zilch in all the O.T.'s,

The downside was heavy, he was wasteful with his possessions. He played much better in the regular season.

He had a very overrated playoff series. He was decent for a ROOK, but just about every other PG in the playoffs had a better run than him.

Chronz
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
OK, I will. You don't need to tell me Rose is better. I correctly voted for him over Devin Harris. You should tell some of your Nets buddies.

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh GOOOD 1

Cubs Win
06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh GOOOD 1

You just don't give up, do you loser?

theuuord
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
You just don't give up, do you loser?

Chronz's evidence > your namecalling.