PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers pursue Vince Carter

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AnnG13QYnfazOQAvGb_6.sQ5nYcB?slug=aw-draftnotes061909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

The Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed Vince Carter again, sources said. As financial losses mount for New Jersey’s ownership, it appears more likely that the Nets will try to move Carter and the two years and $33.6 million left on his deal. The Nets would have to take Ben Wallace(notes) and Sasha Pavlovic(notes) in return

COLH
06-19-2009, 10:24 PM
interesting..well, Vince is definitely a major plus compared to Delonte West. But it still doesn't solve their frontcourt problems.

29$JerZ
06-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Didn't they try this last year with Wally for V.C?

Don;t see Nets doing it unless they are 100% sure V.C won't be a contributor.

Uz13
06-19-2009, 10:26 PM
IMO, if this goes down , Cleveland's frontcourt will be much improved. VC brings the true 2 guard abilities. He can slash , dunk , shoot and is has good length. Not like Gibson and Delonte who are undersized combo guards.

nyyankees09
06-19-2009, 10:29 PM
do not do this nets

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
IMO, if this goes down , Cleveland's frontcourt will be much improved. VC brings the true 2 guard abilities. He can slash , dunk , shoot and is has good length. Not like Gibson and Delonte who are undersized combo guards.

Maybe you meant backcourt :eyebrow:

COLH
06-19-2009, 10:48 PM
if they do this trade, then they should sign like Rasheed or some other froncourt player that's available through free agency.

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 10:49 PM
if they do this trade, then they should sign like Rasheed or some other froncourt player that's available through free agency.

I'm sure that is what they are thinking.

Cavs would have a big 4.

Prime Mo Williams and Lebron and then stars in Vince and Rasheed.

PG Mo
SG Vince
SF Lebron
PF Sheed
C Big Z

Hustla23
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Please don't do this Netsss

carter15
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
i no im a VC fan...but adding Vince is giving them a new 2nd best player....nobody shud even try and debate then Mo is a better player then VC....and this wud give the Cavs a LEGIT 2nd option in the playoffs when they most need it and Vince has a good track record statswise in the playoffs.
with that been said the Cavs will still need to do something in the frontcourt with Varejao opting out (i think) and Ben likely leaving (in the trade)...maybe Hickson is ready to step in? i dont no.

SaimoNETS
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
if this happens, the Nets wont win more than 15 games.

Uz13
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Maybe you meant backcourt :eyebrow:

Ye :/ Mybad.

cmellofan15
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
wow they're really tryna free up some cap

Flamarlins21
06-19-2009, 11:12 PM
What would they do with Delonte then? I can't see him coming off the bench, can you?

Hustla23
06-19-2009, 11:22 PM
What would they do with Delonte then? I can't see him coming off the bench, can you?

Who the hell cares about Delonte. Undersized 2's are supposed to come off the bench.

SouljahPhil...
06-19-2009, 11:23 PM
this would be a good trade for the Cavs but doubt the nets do it...

They should ask for Hickson and 2 1st rounders....not just give away VC to save...

raptors_fanatic
06-19-2009, 11:37 PM
wow....was there an earthquake in new jersey and the whole organization just bumped heads or what?

another one of these nets trades....your telling me you'd give up your TWO best players, Vince Carter & Devin Harris for (cap space) Big Ben, Sasha and potentially Rubio......

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 11:42 PM
omg, trade Vince back to the RAPTORS!!

Nets Get:
Shawn Marion (1yr/$13m)
Anthony Parker (S&T)

Raptors Get:
Vince Carter

Then raptors draft DeMar DeRozan. Sign Marvin Williams. Resign Delfino & Pops.

PG: Jose/Ukic
SG: VC/DeRozan
SF: Marvin/Delfino
PF: CB4/Pops
C: Bargs/Evans

blacknell
06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
nets wont do this

DubsFan
06-19-2009, 11:49 PM
The Cavs should have done this before the deadline. Danny Ferry thought it might have screwed up the chemistry but they were so overrated that management overlooked it I guess. Better late than ever. LBJ will finally have his Scottie, or the closest thing he is going to get to his Pippen. If the Cavs get Carter which would make them ever better in the backcourt then they better sign Rasheed or trade for Shaq. Sounds kind of weird, 3 All Stars in Cleveland, LBJ, Carter, and Shaq. Just doesn't seem right. haha

Trouble87
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Good trade for the Nets.... I see Vince being the thing that gets Lebron fed up with Cleveland once and for all

what54!?
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
nets would get raped

YoungFuture
06-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Trade:Cavs get Vince Carter / Nets get Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic
Trade:Bulls get 11th pick, Jarvis Hayes, Eduardo Najera / Nets get 16th pick, Luel Deng

Cavs get a true go to go guy in (Vince Carter) that can take pressure of Lebron and average an easy 20.ppg and take pressure of the King. Getting a good role back-up SF player for Vince will be good enough and should be a good move to help Lebron and the Cavs to win that Championship.
Nets get expiring contracts and cap space and if Ben Wallace does not decide to retire will have a true back up Center. Sasha will give them a good 3-point shooter and an good defender. Also will get a true small forward in Luel Deng and get the 16th pick where there will be variety good players to choose from possibly Tyler Hansborough.Nets will be flexible in the offseason with some cash and even more flexible next year in the 2010 offseason.
Bulls get the 11th pick in the draft and are high on James Johnson and other players on the board at the 11th spot. They also pick up to good forwards from the nets with Jarvis Hayes who can come of the bench and give u instint offence with his excellent 3-point shot. Najera an excellent defender and can knock down open jumpers and give you energy of the bench. Have some cap space and possibly re-sign Ben Gordon or an other role player. Showed they can play without Luel Deng in the playoffs and are a good team with him or with-out him.

Cavs Starting Line-Up: Mo, V.C, Lebron, Varejao, Big Z / Bench: Delonte,Gibson, Joe Smith, J.J Hickson and others but will have to get another SF.
Nets Starting Line-Up: Devin Harris, Bobby Simmons, Luel Deng, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez / Bench: Keyon Dooling, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Sasha Pavlovic, Ben Wallace,Josh Boone, 16th pick and others.
Bulls Starting Line-Up: D.Rose, Kirk Hinrich, John Salmons, Tyrus Thomas, Noah / Bench: Brad Miller, Jarvis Hayes, Najera, Tim Thomas, 11th pick and others and free agent signing.

raptors_fanatic
06-20-2009, 08:49 AM
The Cavs should have done this before the deadline. Danny Ferry thought it might have screwed up the chemistry but they were so overrated that management overlooked it I guess. Better late than ever. LBJ will finally have his Scottie, or the closest thing he is going to get to his Pippen. If the Cavs get Carter which would make them ever better in the backcourt then they better sign Rasheed or trade for Shaq. Sounds kind of weird, 3 All Stars in Cleveland, LBJ, Carter, and Shaq. Just doesn't seem right. haha

I knw, seems weird...so which big 3 is...well, BIGGER.

VC, The King & SHAQ or ray-ray, pierce and KG

^i think the cavs' would be more explosive and VERY entertaining.....but iunno whose better cuz LeBron's a beast as it is....

JordansBulls
06-20-2009, 09:38 AM
If the Cavs get Vince, I'm sure they will sign Rasheed as well.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Wont happen at all. I would think about it if Delonte was in the deal?

EastCoastBaller
06-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I knw, seems weird...so which big 3 is...well, BIGGER.

VC, The King & SHAQ or ray-ray, pierce and KG

^i think the cavs' would be more explosive and VERY entertaining.....but iunno whose better cuz LeBron's a beast as it is....

You forgot that Mo Williams is also an All-Star... But how can the Cavs get Shaq and Carter? But if they do get both somehow then wow.

PG. Mo Williams
SG. Vince Carter
SF. LeKing James
PF. Rasheed Wallace or Charlie Villanueva
C. Shaqullile O'Neal

Damn that's a very tough team to beat.

phila_gorilla
06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Would be a steal for Cleveland. Carter is clutch at the end of games too. Would take some attention off LeBron.

Ragun
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
cavs pursue everyone. its shouldnt me news. they dont acquire anyone. they acquire mo and donte but thats like 2 of 2 million rumors. the only way cavs will make a trade is if they rape a team. they are not giving up any of their better players.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 10:02 AM
can u imagine if the nets trade both harris and carter..that would be the worst team in nba history

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:13 AM
this would be a good trade for the Cavs but doubt the nets do it...

They should ask for Hickson and 2 1st rounders....not just give away VC to save...

Vince makes 33mil the next two years & hes like 33 years old. He doesn't have that kind of value around the league to ANY GMs.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
wow....was there an earthquake in new jersey and the whole organization just bumped heads or what?another one of these nets trades....your telling me you'd give up your TWO best players, Vince Carter & Devin Harris for (cap space) Big Ben, Sasha and potentially Rubio......

Money doesn't grow on trees buddy. If it's going to be a problem paying certain guys then it's a smart idea to move them. 2 years 33million on a team that will have empty seats for the next season & a half? It's silly. The revenue is not there right now... especially when u take into account how much it is costing to build a brand new modern arena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:speechless:

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:27 AM
omg, trade Vince back to the RAPTORS!!

Nets Get:
Shawn Marion (1yr/$13m)
Anthony Parker (S&T)

Raptors Get:
Vince Carter

Then raptors draft DeMar DeRozan. Sign Marvin Williams. Resign Delfino & Pops.

PG: Jose/Ukic
SG: VC/DeRozan
SF: Marvin/Delfino
PF: CB4/Pops
C: Bargs/Evans

when you sign and trade additional players cant be added with the signee that is being shipped. one player goes out, but an unlimited amount of players can come in.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Trade:Cavs get Vince Carter / Nets get Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic
Trade:Bulls get 11th pick, Jarvis Hayes, Eduardo Najera / Nets get 16th pick, Luel Deng

Cavs get a true go to go guy in (Vince Carter) that can take pressure of Lebron and average an easy 20.ppg and take pressure of the King. Getting a good role back-up SF player for Vince will be good enough and should be a good move to help Lebron and the Cavs to win that Championship.
Nets get expiring contracts and cap space and if Ben Wallace does not decide to retire will have a true back up Center. Sasha will give them a good 3-point shooter and an good defender. Also will get a true small forward in Luel Deng and get the 16th pick where there will be variety good players to choose from possibly Tyler Hansborough.Nets will be flexible in the offseason with some cash and even more flexible next year in the 2010 offseason.
Bulls get the 11th pick in the draft and are high on James Johnson and other players on the board at the 11th spot. They also pick up to good forwards from the nets with Jarvis Hayes who can come of the bench and give u instint offence with his excellent 3-point shot. Najera an excellent defender and can knock down open jumpers and give you energy of the bench. Have some cap space and possibly re-sign Ben Gordon or an other role player. Showed they can play without Luel Deng in the playoffs and are a good team with him or with-out him.

Cavs Starting Line-Up: Mo, V.C, Lebron, Varejao, Big Z / Bench: Delonte,Gibson, Joe Smith, J.J Hickson and others but will have to get another SF.
Nets Starting Line-Up: Devin Harris, Bobby Simmons, Luel Deng, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez / Bench: Keyon Dooling, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Sasha Pavlovic, Ben Wallace,Josh Boone, 16th pick and others.
Bulls Starting Line-Up: D.Rose, Kirk Hinrich, John Salmons, Tyrus Thomas, Noah / Bench: Brad Miller, Jarvis Hayes, Najera, Tim Thomas, 11th pick and others and free agent signing.

:laugh: :laugh: why the hell would the bulls do that when they can trade Deng & their 16th pick to get waaaaaaaay higher than 11 :laugh:

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:34 AM
cavs pursue everyone. its shouldnt me news. they dont acquire anyone. they acquire mo and donte but thats like 2 of 2 million rumors. the only way cavs will make a trade is if they rape a team. they are not giving up any of their better players.

well said:smoking:

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:41 AM
can u imagine if the nets trade both harris and carter..that would be the worst team in nba history

Brook Lopez is a beast... devin harris isn't going nowhere... c'monnnnnn

JIDsanity
06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
I dont oppose to this if we get their pick, and a future first round pick.

raptor fan
06-20-2009, 11:18 AM
this is a good deal for both teams because NJ gets cap space, and cleveland gets a scorer to take some of the pressure off of lebron.

JIDsanity
06-20-2009, 11:41 AM
this is a good deal for both teams because NJ gets cap space, and cleveland gets a scorer to take some of the pressure off of lebron.

Wurd, too bad our GM wont do it. Most likely we keep him, and Yi for some reason, and CDR gets no PT again next season.

Bones10564
06-20-2009, 12:03 PM
If they are able to get it done, what happens to their attempts to get Shaq...
LBJ - VC - Shaq could do some damage... (They still wouldn't beat the Lakers!!)

theimortalone
06-20-2009, 12:28 PM

n00b! :D

You do realize that if the Cavs get Vince, they won't get Shaq, don't you? Wallace and Sasha are what was offered to Phoenix for Shaq. So yeah, it would be very hard to see LBJ, VC, and Shaq play together!

dwadefan03
06-20-2009, 12:28 PM
they shold pick up vince and then trade dwest for a front court player.then draft another guard. maybe someone like marcus thorton or patrick mills

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 12:29 PM

:eyebrow:

dwadefan03
06-20-2009, 12:32 PM
.... or maybe they can pick up charlie vilanueva thru free agency, i think thats a better option than rasheed wallace.i dont kno if they hav enuff money to do dat though. maybe a sign and trde would work.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
n00b! :D

You do realize that if the Cavs get Vince, they won't get Shaq, don't you? Wallace and Sasha are what was offered to Phoenix for Shaq. So yeah, it would be very hard to see LBJ, VC, and Shaq play together!

It could still happen by the trade deadline if they wanted it to. Big Z would have to be involved though. I can easily see him pulling a Stackhouse after he gets traded&waived and signing back with Cleveland...

exactly what drew gooden should have did a few months ago!!!!!!!:mad:

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 12:38 PM
they shold pick up vince and then trade dwest for a front court player.then draft another guard. maybe someone like marcus thorton or patrick mills

:( that would destroy the locker room

J-Relo
06-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm sure that is what they are thinking.

Cavs would have a big 4.

Prime Mo Williams and Lebron and then stars in Vince and Rasheed.

PG Mo
SG Vince
SF Lebron
PF Sheed
C Big Z

if Sheed and Vince would find their spots - championship

lakers sqaud
06-20-2009, 03:59 PM

I think he would be in the trade plus a coulple pics~!

smith&wesson
06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
hahaha
THIS IS A JOKE.
so now all of a sudden Ben wallace is worth somthing ? lol
how bout we stop overating cavs players so that it SEEMS like trades are fair.

incase you guys dont know it yet. Ben Wallace is like a D leauge player now and holds 0 stock value in the market. the only way cavs can get better is to sign through free agency. they cant trade for anything because they really dont have anything lol .. . ben and pav for vince hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a joke.
hey maybe we can trade a bag of basket balls for wade next ? lol hahahahahahaahahahahaha

what would the nets look like if they did this trade ? just stop the madness pls.
they would let go of vince for bums just to get cap space ? and then sign who exactly ?
lol this is just ********. how bout james gets traded to the nets for umm swift. and picks does that sound fair ?

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
hahaha
THIS IS A JOKE.
so now all of a sudden Ben wallace is worth somthing ? lol
how bout we stop overating cavs players so that it SEEMS like trades are fair.

incase you guys dont know it yet. Ben Wallace is like a D leauge player now and holds 0 stock value in the market. the only way cavs can get better is to sign through free agency. they cant trade for anything because they really dont have anything lol .. . ben and pav for vince hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a joke.
hey maybe we can trade a bag of basket balls for wade next ? lol hahahahahahaahahahahaha

what would the nets look like if they did this trade ? just stop the madness pls.
they would let go of vince for bums just to get cap space ? and then sign who exactly ?
lol this is just ********. how bout james gets traded to the nets for umm swift. and picks does that sound fair ?

ben wallace's contract is coming off the books.........that's why they're interested.........

E.O.21
06-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I know this is a bad trade for the Nets but maybe VC wants to go to a championship team, now that he is getting up there in age. And maybe the Nets want to rebuild with Harris and Lopez. IDK just my opinion

Jahari Kavi
06-20-2009, 05:10 PM
i've heard the nets may be trying to move harris as well.......

E.O.21
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
^ Im pretty sure thats just a rumor

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 12:09 AM

Certainly possible. I would love to see that team against a healthy Celtics team.

Lakersfan2483
06-21-2009, 12:15 AM
How many players are the Cavs rumored to be after? I have heard that they were after Rasheed, Yao, Shaq and now Vince Carter? Who's next?

Pauleboman
06-21-2009, 12:23 AM
How many players are the Cavs rumored to be after? I have heard that they were after Rasheed, Yao, Shaq and now Vince Carter? Who's next?

Well there going to be like the Yankees of basketball.lol
They will wheel and deal till the luxury tax is gone and still
try to make moves.they got joe smith pretty cheap and he did well..I love having our team in contention you lure in good players who want to win..

vash9
06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
I know this is a bad trade for the Nets but maybe VC wants to go to a championship team, now that he is getting up there in age. And maybe the Nets want to rebuild with Harris and Lopez. IDK just my opinion

yeah, VC is getting old and he would like to be remembered for everything, but more for a championship. He does not hate where he is at all. He has stated himself, he feels comfortable and loves where he's at. He also stated that IF he does get traded, he's likely to buy a house in NJ and still continue to visit the team and fund for other stuff while he maybe in a different team.

Harris being moved was a rumored made by some Memphis reporter. Harris stays.

lakerboy
06-21-2009, 06:33 AM
If this trade goes down, somebody please email Senseiking and ask him back. He's going to piss off all you LBJ fans. :LMAO:

Tom81
06-21-2009, 07:07 AM
nice duo vince+lebron

cormacraig
06-21-2009, 07:18 AM

Are you serious? they both way over the hill, and probably won't ever "find their spots" again.
Even in his peak, VC couldn't lead a team for championship, and Sheed was excellent a support - not the main star.

Tom81
06-21-2009, 08:19 AM

good piont

Tblaze
06-21-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm getting a bit annoyed by all the cavs-rumours, they are after the league's best, but they have nothing to offer. And they won't even give up Delonte West who is (except for their capspace) their only real trading chip.

you won't get a star for a bag of chips, not even when you make up storys for the media.

Nighthawk
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I wanna know why a retiring ben wallace and sasha pavlovic is able to bring you Shaq or even Vince. I kno Carter and Shaq arent what they were, but there value should be ALOT higher than Sasha and Big Ben. Id like to hope so. If thats the case id like to see what a Sign and Trade with Big Baby and Pruitt could get us.

lakers4sho
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
I wanna know why a retiring ben wallace and sasha pavlovic is able to bring you Shaq or even Vince. I kno Carter and Shaq arent what they were, but there value should be ALOT higher than Sasha and Big Ben. Id like to hope so. If thats the case id like to see what a Sign and Trade with Big Baby and Pruitt could get us.

Ben Wallace has this huge expiring contract teams want.

Big Baby and Pruitt don't.

Born a Brave
06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Nice to see Cleveland trying to get LeBron some more help.......

Great article the compares LeBron's game winning 3 against the Magic in this year's playoffs with Michael Jordan's game winner over Craig Ehlo in the 1989 playoffs... Must read for all NBA fans!

http://www.atlantabravesnews.com/bornabrave/weblog/7634/le-shot-will-never-replace-the-shot.html

HouRealCoach
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Cavaliers needs to have Bosh and Villanueva as their first options in the offseason then maybe try to get Carter/Wallace/Shaq

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Great article the compares LeBron's game winning 3 against the Magic in this year's playoffs with Michael Jordan's game winner over Craig Ehlo in the 1989 playoffs... Must read for all NBA fans!

http://www.atlantabravesnews.com/bornabrave/weblog/7634/le-shot-will-never-replace-the-shot.html

What does that have to do with the trade rumor?
:shrug:

ko8e24
06-21-2009, 02:40 PM

:confused:

ko8e24
06-21-2009, 02:44 PM

:crazy:

lol, what are you talking about? I thought we were discussing a potential trade of vince carter to cavs?

E.O.21
06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Laker fans seem intimidated now that the GM is going after better players to surround Lebron

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Laker fans seem intimidated now that the GM is going after better players to surround Lebron

Well other teams got intimidated once LA got better players and once Boston got better players.

Brewers255
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I was browsing around and I found a source said that the Cavs are going after VC now, and are hoping to have a deal done by the draft. The deal would send JJ, West and another player for VC.

I'll have a link as soon as I find it.

This was posted by a Cavs insider btw.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 01:08 AM
That would be amazing.

WoodbridgeSkins
06-25-2009, 01:08 AM
i doubt that considering the cavs are paying $21 mil for shaq this year.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:12 AM
would be a damn steal....

McPeak92
06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
they dont have a big enough filler, big Z would have to be involved.

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
How about this:
Vince Carter
for
Delonte West
JJ Hickson
Z. Ilgauskas (about 11.5 million expiring)

Cavs:
Williams
Carter
LeBron
Varejao
Shaq

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
cavs would be in excellent shape if this happened....i mean damn....plus shaq's contract expires next year, so that's money off the books to sign another FA with Bron next summer...

superkegger
06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
They may be going after him, but they have nothing to offer.

New Jersey Nets ownership finally told Rod Thorn that he doesn’t have to trade Vince Carter(notes) in a salary dump.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-draftbuzz062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So what the heck does Cleveland have to offer?

And instead of you fumbling around to come up with an answer, I'll give it to you. They have nothing of worth to give up for VC.

Not gonna happen.

PhillyBoomerang
06-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Cavs must be pisst they lost to the Magic.. they could be very stacked next year.. imagine a lineup of
Mo VC LJ AV and Shaq.. sick

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
they have the pieces to get this deal done..........

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:21 AM
Don't see this trade happening. Seems as if the nets want more than a salary dump out of this trade. I would assume other teams have better players than the cavs to offer. I don't see Carter being traded on draft night anyway.

kingkobe
06-25-2009, 01:21 AM
It'd be funny if the Nets trade Carter to Cavs for a salary dump and then sign Lebron next year with that money.

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:22 AM
They may be going after him, but they have nothing to offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-draftbuzz062409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

So what the heck does Cleveland have to offer?

And instead of you fumbling around to come up with an answer, I'll give it to you. They have nothing of worth to give up for VC.

Not gonna happen.
Actually...

They can offer a big expiring contract, a young (but raw) PF with a lot of potential, and a young SG who can start and contributes on both sides:
Big Z (about 11.5 expiring)
JJ Hickson (about 1.4 next year)
Delonte West (about 4.2 next year)

That's about 17 million trading from the Cavs for Vince (about 16.5 million).

So, I would say they do have the assests to offer for Vince.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:22 AM
with all the bogus trades that happen nowadays it wouldn't shock me at all if this went down.

superkegger
06-25-2009, 01:23 AM
they have the pieces to get this deal done..........

Actually...

They can offer a big expiring contract, a young (but raw) PF with a lot of potential, and a young SG who can start and contributes on both sides:
Big Z (about 11.5 expiring)
JJ Hickson (about 1.4 next year)
Delonte West (about 4.2 next year)

That's about 17 million trading from the Cavs for Vince (about 16.5 million).

So, I would say they do have the assests to offer for Vince.

no, they don't. Hickson, west and z are not the pieces to get this deal done.

Hickson is raw, and who knows if he'll ever pan out. West is a point guard in all reality, and while he can play the 2 next to lebron, next to bobby simmons, its not as viable. and z, well **** z. he's of no use to the nets. they have lopez. and the nets aren't looking for a salary dump, they can get better talent elsewhere. especially from teams probably overreacting to the shaq trade.

Kenny
06-25-2009, 01:25 AM

nets though have little use for vince, they arent even making the playoffs with him in the east and he's declining.. Im not saying he will be traded to any particular team, but its time to move vince

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:27 AM

Why not?

Youth, potential, cap space in 2010.

What are the Nets looking for?

I would not call this a salary dump, Big Z can for sure still contribute, West was a very good starter for the Cavs last year on both sides, and Hickson has huge upside.

That's pretty good value for an aging all-star with a big contract.

I think the only thing stopping this deal is the Nets helping out the Cavs (If Cavs win, LeBron might stay), not the value they can get.

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM
with all the bogus trades that happen nowadays it wouldn't shock me at all if this went down.

yeah maybe but it wont happen tomorrow night..

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:28 AM

Hickson is raw, and who knows if he'll ever pan out. West is a point guard in all reality, and while he can play the 2 next to lebron, next to bobby simmons, its not as viable. and z, well **** z. he's of no use to the nets. they have lopez. and the nets aren't looking for a salary dump, they can get better talent elsewhere. especially from teams probably overreacting to the shaq trade.

someone can't do math....they have the pieces.....

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:29 AM

Give me a realistic example, and I will shut up.

superkegger
06-25-2009, 01:34 AM
nets though have little use for vince, they arent even making the playoffs with him in the east and he's declining.. Im not saying he will be traded to any particular team, but its time to move vince

that may be, but they're not moving him in a salary dump.

Besides, if the cavs trade away hickson/z/west and probably their pick. And who knows if Varejao stays or goes. we'll say he stays for the cavs sake.

they then look like this

Shaq/darnell jackson
varejao/darnell jackson
lebron/jawad williams
vince/tarrence kinsey
mo/daniel gibson

they've got to fill out that roster on the cheap, because they'd be looking at just a shade under 70 mil for that roster right there. which is what they would have under contract with shaq and vince. and i don't need to tell you that depth right there is piss poor. beyond piss poor. Yes, vince and shaq with lebron would probably help you get some vets to sign for cheap with the hope of a ring, but how many? how cheap? other teams like boston, orlando, la, sa, houston, dallas, noh, among others are going to be looking to add those same vets.

Adding vince and shaq is just not going to happen. They should have gone after vince first.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:36 AM
they still have their MLE......and a first round draft pick I believe....

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:39 AM
villanueva has expressed interest in the cavs for the MLE, Sheed is out there, Brandon Bass, McDyess, etc.......pieces can still be added.........

superkegger
06-25-2009, 01:39 AM
they still have their MLE......and a first round draft pick I believe....

I'd be shocked if their pick wasn't sent to New Jersey in a deal for Vince.

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:41 AM
that may be, but they're not moving him in a salary dump.

Besides, if the cavs trade away hickson/z/west and probably their pick. And who knows if Varejao stays or goes. we'll say he stays for the cavs sake.

they then look like this

Shaq/darnell jackson
varejao/darnell jackson
lebron/jawad williams
vince/tarrence kinsey
mo/daniel gibson

they've got to fill out that roster on the cheap, because they'd be looking at just a shade under 70 mil for that roster right there. which is what they would have under contract with shaq and vince. and i don't need to tell you that depth right there is piss poor. beyond piss poor. Yes, vince and shaq with lebron would probably help you get some vets to sign for cheap with the hope of a ring, but how many? how cheap? other teams like boston, orlando, la, sa, houston, dallas, noh, among others are going to be looking to add those same vets.

Adding vince and shaq is just not going to happen. They should have gone after vince first.
They will probably re-sign Joe Smith and maybe even Wally (I think both can be signed with the early bird rights) So it will look more like this:
Williams/Gibson
Carter/Kinsey
LeBron/Wally
Varejao/Joe Smith/Darnell Jackson
Shaq/FA
Add their 1st round draft pick as well.

bball1217
06-25-2009, 01:43 AM
I'd be shocked if their pick wasn't sent to New Jersey in a deal for Vince.

It's the 30th pick. It would be just extra incentive. I bet the Cavs keep it though, they will need it to fill their roster out.

Jahari Kavi
06-25-2009, 01:46 AM
it's not like their bench was great last year...and that was with an even worse starting lineup if this trade pans out.........u would mainly need a backup big for shaq and a backup sg/sf.....if you get those 2 positions covered then they will be in great shape next season.......daryl morey needs to get tmac out of houston....everyone else is making moves except for us........

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Av6BFomfs1Sts7FcBdQHYjW8vLYF?slug=aw-shaqlebron062509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

As Yahoo! Sports first reported, the trade came down in the late hours of Wednesday, when Cleveland GM Danny Ferry finally realized he couldn’t pry Vince Carter(notes) out of New Jersey for his expiring contracts and junk players. The Cavs didn’t do this trade without some reservation. “They aren’t sure how he’s going to roll with being LeBron’s sidekick,” says an executive source close to the Cavaliers’ front office. Yet, the Cavaliers made this trade without apology:

Whatever LeBron wants, LeBron gets.

prodigy
06-25-2009, 10:47 AM
west, AV, Z for carter? are you high? his contract is huge which is a turnoff, and the reason it won't happen. But the cavs will only offer cap relief for carter. wallace and pavs are gone, So this trade won't happen.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Big Z, Hickson and Gibson for Carter

Imagine the Cavs now. They are diesed everywhere. Carter is clutch and can get 20, 5 ,5 while Mo is a shooter who can get 18 ppg, Shaq is a 17 and 10 guy and Lebron is 28, 8, 8.

C-Shaq,
PF-Varajaa
SF-Lebron
SG-Carter
PG-Willaims
6th is West

bball1217
06-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Big Z, Hickson and Gibson for Carter

Imagine the Cavs now. They are diesed everywhere. Carter is clutch and can get 20, 5 ,5 while Mo is a shooter who can get 18 ppg, Shaq is a 17 and 10 guy and Lebron is 28, 8, 8.

C-Shaq,
PF-Varajaa
SF-Lebron
SG-Carter
PG-Willaims
6th is West

Good trade, but I bet Nets ask for West, not Gibson.

azkarraga
06-25-2009, 11:03 AM
vince, shaq... the cavs are turning into a nursing home

sep11ie
06-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Close

Ace33Bone
06-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I was browsing around and I found a source said that the Cavs are going after VC now, and are hoping to have a deal done by the draft. The deal would send JJ, West and another player for VC.

I'll have a link as soon as I find it.

This was posted by a Cavs insider btw.

If this happens then I would think that the CAVs would have to be the front runners for the Title. I just wish we did not have to give up West to do this deal. I'd rather give up Gibson and whatever else they want and they can have Hickson... just let us keep West

Wade_County
06-25-2009, 12:48 PM
all this is kinda funny because last year before the trade deadline, the nets where just tring to give Carter away, and now they want something in return. LOL

IBleedPurple
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
I find this deal less likely to happen now that Diesel is trucking his huge contract to Cleveland.

rabzouz 96
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
obviously they no longer have bens expiring to trade, which makes a deal more than just unlikely