PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Offering Devin Harris for the 2nd Pick

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Source: Commercialappeal (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/)

The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris. The Griz should ponder if Harris is worth the second pick.

Sounds strange. But that scenario sums up the Grizzlies' draft one week out: Expect the unexpected.

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 03:41 PM
i had just read somethin about this, what direction is NJ going in if they made this trade...devin is a 26 year old stud...is rubio really worth it?

NYKnickFanatic
06-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Wtf is NJ thinking?

JWO35
06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
WOW!

The Griz would be crazy tho Mayo + Harris + Gay(lol)= Ownage :laugh:

I really don't see how better off the Nets would be without Harris.....

Chronz
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Sounds like a step in the wrong direction to me, but if its for Rubio and the kid turns out to be legit, how smart would this move be then?

bctgg27
06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I will be pissed if the Nets do this. They have a good future right now with Harris and Lopez. Draft a guy like Derozan or Clark and they can be very good eventually.

GoatMilk
06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
it wouldnt be straight up would it?

NJ would have to get OJ or Rudy, right?
if not, this is terrible

CelticsPride
06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I would be jumping all over this deal if I were the Grizzlies. In this very weak draft class you can get a guy like Devin Harris who is a very young point guard who is starting to blossom and is only going to get better. I dont not understand why the Nets would be condiser doing this. There is not a cant miss prospect out there this year and trading a good young point guard would be a dumb move.

SidTheKid87
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Okay go with me on this one...the draft rubio...have an awful year...get the first pick and that same year sign lebron...maybe this is what they're thinking because I don't think there's any concept.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
i love it!!! new jersey is being BOLD!

of course it wont be straight up. NJ will get Darell Arthur or Darko or someone like that, but they also get Ricky Rubio, and yall wait and see.

in two or three years:

Rubio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harris

harsh506
06-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a step in the wrong direction to me, but if its for Rubio and the kid turns out to be legit, how smart would this move be then?

well i consider Harris atleast top 7 in the league right now at the point and with mayo and gay and gasol, i think that could be a a force to compete with for years to come.

ggb108
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
wow, dumb

harris was an all-star

rubio is 18, has a lot of basketball in front of him

but not for your best player

you're definitely not getting lebron is harris leaves

and on top of all of this, if you get rubio, you get to pay his debts as well

GoatMilk
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
well i consider Harris atleast top 7 in the league right now at the point and with mayo and gay and gasol, i think that could be a a force to compete with for years to come.

until they have to get paid

Brooklyn Mets
06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
harris is a proven talent.. they should build around him not trade him..

Hellcrooner
06-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Great PG and the Great Center!!!!!

thats the winning combination in ANY ERA

and they woudl hit prime AT THE SAME TIME.

not to forget they woudl also increase a LOT their chances at Lebron in 2010

Rubio, Carter, Lebron, Anderson , Lopez

thats a dinasty in 2 - 3 years!!!!

LakersKB24
06-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Sounds to me like they are clearing cap space for 2010. They get the chance to draft a player with a lot of talent and who will have a rookie contract throughout '10 so they save some money for LeBron & Co. and still have a decent player as a PG (if Rubio turns out as he is expected to) if they manage to move to Brooklyn by then.

Otherwise I don't get that trade at all. Why dump such a great player for a young, unexpreienced 18 year old kid who hasn't made any NBA experiences at all and has to acclimate to a whole new country.
Pretty risky move!

(of course, this depends on whether they would draft Ricky with the 2nd or not)

MiamiHeat
06-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I find Devin Harris overrated and if the Nets feel that Rubio will be a better player then why shouldn't they do this.. :shrug:

nolin
06-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I would pass. terrible trade for memphis they just drafted conley a couple of years ago. He started coming around toward the end of the season.

blazerman
06-19-2009, 04:11 PM
I for one would be shocked if New Jersey would part with a young explosive point guard like Devin Harris for the second pick(maybe if they got R Gay but I still would rather have Harris).

Chris Wallace would finally be be the giver instead of the receiver for once, but knowing him he'd probably offer to assume the position for old time sake:smoking:

james21
06-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't think so rubio at #2 ,and a filler at #11 You already know they are gearing up for labron, and rubio already said he wants to go to a big city, if rubio pans out this would be a very smart move!

yungballah15
06-19-2009, 04:29 PM
wow i would never do this i would have to think hard and long for the first pick harris is one of the best point guards man if jersey do this and draft rubio who i think could be a bust i dont really think he is that great does good things but for devin harris like devins been working on his shooting non stop and its good now and i bet u he wants it great but it will be good so it would be less compation for the raptors and grizz would hav a sick roster but iunno whats rong wit jersey maybe they want a kid type player but dont see why they dont hav alot of scorers

Hellcrooner
06-19-2009, 04:30 PM
its a high risk high reward move.

if it does pan out they would look at them as geniuses.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
this is a very smart move for the Nets, especially if there serious about the LeBron sweepstakes.

Devin Harris is a shoot/score first point guard. He doesnt neccesarily make players aound him better and doesnt have a feel for the game like Rubio's

Rubio in New Jersey would attract LeBron because hed have the opportunity to play with a pass-first point guard with great vision that would make LeBron even better then he already is.

Also, the Nets would only hve to pay a rookie contract.

Great great move by the nets money wise, and in my opinion basketbal wise

op12
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
memphis has to take that. a great 3 to build around, not even mentioning gasol. i would be excited to watch that memphis team. people must be loving rubio.

Hustla23
06-19-2009, 05:00 PM
This is not a smart move by New Jersey.

Kyle N.
06-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Sounds to me like they are clearing cap space for 2010. They get the chance to draft a player with a lot of talent and who will have a rookie contract throughout '10 so they save some money for LeBron & Co. and still have a decent player as a PG (if Rubio turns out as he is expected to) if they manage to move to Brooklyn by then.

Otherwise I don't get that trade at all. Why dump such a great player for a young, unexpreienced 18 year old kid who hasn't made any NBA experiences at all and has to acclimate to a whole new country.
Pretty risky move!

(of course, this depends on whether they would draft Ricky with the 2nd or not)

Ha ha. I just realized you quoted me on that LeBron thing. Anyway, if I was Chris Wallace right now I would be screaming "YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". I don't know what the Nets are thinking on this one. Certainly the Nets can end up on the better side of this, but why risk it?

YayBoston
06-19-2009, 05:55 PM
I would pass. terrible trade for memphis they just drafted conley a couple of years ago. He started coming around toward the end of the season.

Conley looked good at the end of the season, but not as good as Harris. If this were to happen, Conley could be traded for another need.

this is a very smart move for the Nets, especially if there serious about the LeBron sweepstakes.

Devin Harris is a shoot/score first point guard. He doesnt neccesarily make players aound him better and doesnt have a feel for the game like Rubio's

Rubio in New Jersey would attract LeBron because hed have the opportunity to play with a pass-first point guard with great vision that would make LeBron even better then he already is.

Also, the Nets would only hve to pay a rookie contract.

Great great move by the nets money wise, and in my opinion basketbal wise

LeBron is better suited with shoot-first point guard. He needs to be the playmaker and he needs shooters to open the court, like Mo Williams and Delonte West. For all we know, Rubio may never develop a jumper and may just be a ballhandler, which wouldn't make him a good fit with LeBron.

jrivera
Wow what a gift..

ematz1423
I think it makes sense if they think they will be able to get Lebron because Harris is more of a scoring PG and Rubio is more of a pure PG so if they get draft Lebron then have a terrible year next year and pick somebody like an Ed Davis then sign Lebron I think they have a pretty good team to add some pieces around.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2009, 06:01 PM
It'll be good for Memphis.

I expect NJ to draft Rubio with the 2nd and someone like Lawson, Flynn, or Holliday with their original pick.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 06:07 PM
This is NOT true.

This is one idiotic Memphis reporter getting way more credit for making up a rumor than he should.
Please either seriously reconsider the name of this thread or lock it.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I want to make sure this gets through everyone's head that reads this.

This is NOT true.

This is a Memphis reporter making up a rumor and spouting it off.
It has not been either confirmed or even discussed by ANY credible source.

Do not believe this.

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 06:14 PM
This could happen straight -up 2nd for D-Harris because Grizzlies are under the cap room. I guess this trade would be determined if it is good or not after 4 years, to c if Rubio lives up to his hype, but look at Grizzlies please.

Harris/OJ/Rudy/?/Gasol

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
theuuord, number one you dont have to post twice that you dont thnk its true. u got ur point across the first time

number 2, you dont have the credibility or sources yourself to say whether this is true or not, so dont make it sound like youve talked to the GM of the nets and grizz and confirmed that its false.

it very well could be false, but just because this would be your nightmare doesnt mean you should make yourself sound more credible then the actual media

theuuord
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
theuuord, number one you dont have to post twice that you dont thnk its true. u got ur point across the first time

number 2, you dont have the credibility or sources yourself to say whether this is true or not, so dont make it sound like youve talked to the GM of the nets and grizz and confirmed that its false.

it very well could be false, but just because this would be your nightmare doesnt mean you should make yourself sound more credible then the actual media

Dude, are you serious? Do you not get how journalism works? This guy didn't cite a source. He didn't say it was likely. He didn't even say the Nets would do it. He just said "hey, the Nets have Devin Harris, we have the number 2 pick.... Interesting!"

There is absolutely no reason to believe this is anything but some reporter making something up and people taking it far further than it is.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Hey man, I heard the Clippers have the #1 pick. The Nets have Bobby Simmons...... Hmmm.............

Match made in heaven? I think so. Trust me on this one, dude. I swear.

hgtiger32
06-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Okay go with me on this one...the draft rubio...have an awful year...get the first pick and that same year sign lebron...maybe this is what they're thinking because I don't think there's any concept.

OMG! Seriously will people stop assuming that LeBron wants to come play on the East Coast with a really big market! Seriously! What happens when they don't get the first overal pick? What happens when LeBron resigns with Cleveland? Then you are stuck with Rubio and Lopez. knock off the crap about assuming that lebron will play for NY/NJ.

jiggajay23
06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
If this is true, which i doubt, then i would be happy with the nets if (1) They DO NOT pick rubio but someone else like hasheem and then a good point guard like jennings or curry if available at #11. (2) Trade for gay or mayo or both because I'm a net fan and I HATE devin harris cuz hes a HUGE FLOPPER. I'm tired of watching free throws all game so send him away and throw carter in while your at it thorn cuz hes old and doesnt care about winning, he just wants to play and get paid.................

arkanian215
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Source: Commercialappeal (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/)

the title is misleading. no way has new jersey approached memphis about the number 2 pick. this is cr*p out of memphis. just pure speculation. frankly it's worse than some of the threads up in this forum.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM
i do highly doubt that this is true, but if it is, serioulsy, its not a bad trade for both teams.

arkanian215
06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
If this is true, which i doubt, then i would be happy with the nets if (1) They DO NOT pick rubio but someone else like hasheem and then a good point guard like jennings or curry if available at #11. (2) Trade for gay or mayo or both because I'm a net fan and I HATE devin harris cuz hes a HUGE FLOPPER. I'm tired of watching free throws all game so send him away and throw carter in while your at it thorn cuz hes old and doesnt care about winning, he just wants to play and get paid.................

haha yeah he is a huge flopper. really annoying. and that's coming from a guy who watches european soccer. god! i haven't even seen the spanish flop as badly as harris has. the worst one must be dida hands down.

azkarraga
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
this wont happen. but still, the nets are always doing bold moves on the PG spot

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/06/report_nets_willing_to_trade_h.html

just another link talking about it

BallersTalk.com
06-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Seems like an odd move. The only way I can see this working is if they take Rudy Gay too. Might as well steal Darrel Arthur while they're at it. I say they're better off trying to shop him for a slightly lower pick + young prospects and take Jordan Hill or James Harden to fill a need and then take the best available PG at #11, which would most likely be either Holiday, Flynn, or Jennings.

TO to the CHI
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
http://www.silive.com/sports/index.ssf/2009/06/report_nets_willing_to_trade_h.html

just another link talking about it

didn't you read the uuord's posts above..... he said it is completely untrue, so it must be completely untrue

SW, if that is necessary

TO to the CHI
06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey man, I heard the Clippers have the #1 pick. The Nets have Bobby Simmons...... Hmmm.............

Match made in heaven? I think so. Trust me on this one, dude. I swear.

I LOL'd at this, but your premise is wrong. Notwithstanding it being a Memphis based paper, you have no factual basis for assuming that there is no fact behind it (as I have no factual basis to support the article). The fact is that the article said the Nets are willing to part with Harris - it didn't say straight up for the 2nd pick. There are numerous other items that could be included in a trade to make it more equitable. The Nets do want cap room and many, myself included, believe that Harris played way above his head last year as one of only two offensive options on the team.

If the deal was #2, a future pick, and another young player it would seem to be a more fair trade.

juggla53
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Thats the kind of trade that will get people fired in NJ is rubio doesnt turn out to be the next chris paul

jkiddvc20
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
As a Nets fan I just dont see how this is true. I do not think that Rod Thorn and Kiki would do this I would be so beyond pissed if the Nets do this. Lets hope it is just a rumor and nothing more than that..

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
jason kidd is the man that made the nets a playoff team year after year and lead them to the finals twice.

ricky rubio is said to be the next jason kidd

sure, its a huge risk to take, but yeah. you gota have some balls in this league sometimes

zsiddiqui23
06-19-2009, 07:06 PM
haha i hope this is true..maybe memphis will do the lakers another favor!

Trouble87
06-19-2009, 07:14 PM
If Rubio doesnt go to the knicks I would hope he went to the nets.... at least ill get to see him play

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 07:19 PM
If the Nets do this they might as well trade Vince Carter as well and start over.

SaimoNETS
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
i'd puke if this happened.

NYtilIdie
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Why trade an established star and a center piece for a building franchise for a guy who could possibly be a bust?

Doesn't make sense.

Kyle N.
06-19-2009, 07:27 PM
As a Kings fan I don't like this because it takes away the chance to get Rubio, but the Grizzlies would be crazy not to do this.

ragee
06-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Is this serious? I love Rubio... I want this to happen but it is too risky for the Nets for it to materialize... If this happens though, the Nets will be in a good position to land Lebron... Brook Lopez, Ricky Rubio and one hell of a space to get Lebron and another superstar!!! Oh, and when this happens, they will probably get another high pick next year because there is no way they are going to win a lot of games without Harris and probably without Rubio too...

Eases Jesus
06-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Well so far we heard Memphis is thinking about trading the #2 pick for Rondo and now Devin Harris. If Memphis were smart they'd trade him for Rondo because he is the better player. For all you saying New Jersey is stupid for wanting to trade away Devin Harris to potentially draft Ricky Rubio you don't have a clue what your talking about. Rubio is 19 years old and already a better PG than Harris. Harris is more of a scorer than a pure PG anyway but Rubio has twice as much upside. I'd make that trade if I was Boston or New Jersey without even thinking about it. Scouts have Rubio as being just as good as Chris Paul some scouts have him being better than Chris Paul. Even if the scouts are wrong which I doubt because I've seen the kid play, I know he'll be better than Devin Harris. I'm 100% sure about that.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Well so far we heard Memphis is thinking about trading the #2 pick for Rondo and now Devin Harris. If Memphis were smart they'd trade him for Rondo because he is the better player. For all you saying New Jersey is stupid for wanting to trade away Devin Harris to potentially draft Ricky Rubio you don't have a clue what your talking about. Rubio is 19 years old and already a better PG than Harris. Harris is more of a scorer than a pure PG anyway but Rubio has twice as much upside. I'd make that trade if I was Boston or New Jersey without even thinking about it. Scouts have Rubio as being just as good as Chris Paul some scouts have him being better than Chris Paul. Even if the scouts are wrong which I doubt because I've seen the kid play, I know he'll be better than Devin Harris. I'm 100% sure about that.

x2

VCaintdead17
06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
The Nets are gonna be Hariss's team next year. Why trade a future top five point guard for years to come for a big risk player like Rubio?

VCaintdead17
06-19-2009, 08:22 PM

It's funny how you think Rubio is already better than Harris. Even though Rubio has not played one second in the NBA. Sure, he's playing over in Europe professionally , but the game here in the NBA is MUCH more physical and doesn't rely on jump shooting the entire game. IMO Rubio won't be near the level of Harris when he jumps ship. Harris is really underrated, and put up incredible numbers this year.

ps, Devin Harris>Rajon Rondo. ;)

aussiepiston
06-19-2009, 08:24 PM
The Nets are gonna be Hariss's team next year. Why trade a future top five point guard for years to come for a big risk player like Rubio?

Just for the fun of it really

redsox4ever36
06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Why whenever some rumor comes up everyone actually comments on them like they're legitimate. Sports reporting has become like a gossip magazine. "I heard from Rod Thorn's daughters boyfriends wart that the nets are thinking of trading Devin Harris for the 2nd pick." Stop buying into all of this crap. Obviously theres not much here and there wasnt much with that supposed Al Jefferson and the sixth pick for Amare (which was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard). Speculation I'm all for what the nets should do etc. But these hollow rumors that are baseless are really startint to annoy me.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I LOL'd at this, but your premise is wrong. Notwithstanding it being a Memphis based paper, you have no factual basis for assuming that there is no fact behind it (as I have no factual basis to support the article). The fact is that the article said the Nets are willing to part with Harris - it didn't say straight up for the 2nd pick. There are numerous other items that could be included in a trade to make it more equitable. The Nets do want cap room and many, myself included, believe that Harris played way above his head last year as one of only two offensive options on the team.

If the deal was #2, a future pick, and another young player it would seem to be a more fair trade.

The premise is precisely the point. If you make a claim - ANY claim - you'd better be able to back it up with a source. This guy didn't even say he had an anonymous source. He just mentioned it at the end of an article in passing.
It is the job of the reporter to provide evidence to support a claim, especially a claim as big as this. The fact that he didn't is irresponsible, but it's way more the fault of people who believe it at face value (and here, it's definitely the fault of JordansBulls for making the title of this thread wildly misleading).
It's the hype machine of PSD and any other journalist who doesn't know how to read making this into a story that it's not.

I like exciting draft rumors as much as the next guy, but the difference is that I like rumors that have ANY basis in fact or evidence. this one has none. it's a non-story.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Again, JordansBulls, I would think it highly irresponsible of you to not change the title of this thread, as it is not only wildly misleading, but also flat out false (the article doesn't even report that the Nets offered anything).

D-Amazins
06-19-2009, 08:32 PM

You have lost all credibility.

_KB24_
06-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow....Who the **** is the NJ GM anyway? This deal would be TERRIBLE for the NETS. Devin Harris is going to be an all-star in this league for many years. If Chris Wallace would be able to pull this off, it would turn everything around for him

theuuord
06-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Question:

The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris.

By who? Who said this? Has anyone ever said this? Other than this guy at the Memphis Commercial Appeal, has anyone in the world ever had this idea?

From day one this season all Rod & Kiki have said is that Harris and Lopez are the rocks. The cornerstones. Unless someone offered Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, they weren't going anywhere.
Now one guy who lives in Memphis says that others have said this, and everyone all of a sudden takes it as fact?

This is yellow sports journalism at its finest...

juggla53
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM

What are you rubio's boyfriend? Rondo better then Devin Harris?? Hahaha thats hilarious. Rubio is already better then D.harris? How the **** do you know Why because you saw some highlight tape of him on youtube, harris ripped it up in NJ last year so why would you trade if for some 160lb 19 year old who could turn out to be a bust, and if Rubio is better then harris right now then we should all expect 25ppg and 8asst as a rookie from him. Which scouts exactly have him being better then chris paul? If he was projected to be that good first of why would memphis even wanna trade the pick?

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Are the Griz entertaining trade offers for the second pick?

Absolutely. Sacramento, Houston, Boston, Minnesota, Washington and New York are among the teams that have made offers -- some ridiculous.

Are there any potential trades scenarios that have gone underreported?

Sure. The New Jersey Nets are said to be willing to part with point guard Devin Harris. The Griz should ponder if Harris is worth the second pick.
Sounds strange. But that scenario sums up the Grizzlies' draft one week out: Expect the unexpected.

That's the full exerpt from the article that's applicable. The reporter is speculating, he even says that they are "potential trades scenarios that have gone underreported". He says nothing about there actually being an offer.

mlisica19
06-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Devin Harris goes down as last years top 10 PG. With Brook Lopez becoming a star in jersey as our big man and now we just need to have that lil man. Devin Harris is our lil man, hes our main scorer and can even dish it out. Hes a great Pg and not worth a simple 2nd pick especially in this years draft (nothing that great this draft). Who the Nets need to get rid of is Carter who is and always has been an entertainer and not a winner. Hes a talented player who wowed the crowd with his dunks and that turned him into a big name. His big name got him to better teams like the early 2000 nets with j kidd and Jefferson but still no winning. Now that hes older hes no more flashy dunker instead he turned into a shocking long range jump shooter. Either way he will always make the crowd jump to their feet but hell never lead the new jersey nets into prosperity. I want Carter out and someone who is hard nose go getter on the team, i was so hoping for a Carter trade this season for Artest. I heard some rumors, and i would have loved for Artest. Bad ***** who wins games... led rockets to some wins this post season. W.e he probbaly wont leave anytime soon and well be stuck like thsi until he does so. If they trade away devin Harris i might not be a Nets Fan anymore

dodgers310
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Nets must be out of there mind
What if there pick isnt as good as they expect him to be..

soundjunkies2
06-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Can't be true.

jmastert
06-19-2009, 09:10 PM
it isnt for straight up, inside sources say other players are included!

Robbw241
06-19-2009, 09:12 PM

ROFL :laugh:

dre1990
06-19-2009, 09:12 PM
If im the Griz i do this in 2 secs. If im the Nets I dont even think bout doin this

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-19-2009, 09:15 PM
The only way the deal goes down...

Harris and #14 for Gay/Mayo and #2

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Devin Harris goes down as last years top 10 PG. With Brook Lopez becoming a star in jersey as our big man and now we just need to have that lil man. Devin Harris is our lil man, hes our main scorer and can even dish it out. Hes a great Pg and not worth a simple 2nd pick especially in this years draft (nothing that great this draft). Who the Nets need to get rid of is Carter who is and always has been an entertainer and not a winner.

How about Devin Harris, and Vince Carter for #2, Mike Conley, and filler? Vince is the last bad contract they need to get rid of, but he still has a couple of good years in the tank. New Jersey gets to retain #11.

The filler would likely be: Darko Milicic, Greg Buckner, and possibly Marko Jaric, depending on how much salary the Nets would have to take back to make the deal work.

jimbobjarree
06-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I thought I read Carter for Big Ben and Pavlovic?

if they then went and got Rubio that is a huge salary dump for 2010

FarOutIos
06-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why is it assumed that the Nets are considering the trade so that they can take Rubio?...

Couldn't it be true that they really want to go for Harden with the #2 pick?

They still have the #11 pick and there will be plenty of good PGs still there at 11...

As a Kings fan, we are really in need of a PG, but if we were to have the 2nd pick AND the 11th pick, I would rather go for a PG at 11.

Statik1
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why is it assumed that the Nets are considering the trade so that they can take Rubio?...

Couldn't it be true that they really want to go for Harden with the #2 pick?

They still have the #11 pick and there will be plenty of good PGs still there at 11...

As a Kings fan, we are really in need of a PG, but if we were to have the 2nd pick AND the 11th pick, I would rather go for a PG at 11.

I get what your saying but anyone in their right mind would not take Harden over Rubio.

If I am the Griz HELL YES I take that deal no questions asked.

AllTheWay
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Oho If I was Memphis I would jump all over this ****.

jimbobjarree
06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
what if Memphis were to go on and trade Harris for Lamarcus...

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-19-2009, 09:53 PM
O.J. and #2 for Harris and #11...:pray::dance:

Eases Jesus
06-19-2009, 09:55 PM
What are you rubio's boyfriend? Rondo better then Devin Harris?? Hahaha thats hilarious. Rubio is already better then D.harris? How the **** do you know Why because you saw some highlight tape of him on youtube, harris ripped it up in NJ last year so why would you trade if for some 160lb 19 year old who could turn out to be a bust, and if Rubio is better then harris right now then we should all expect 25ppg and 8asst as a rookie from him. Which scouts exactly have him being better then chris paul? If he was projected to be that good first of why would memphis even wanna trade the pick?

I said Rubio is a better PG already because Harris is a scorer and not really a pure PG and Rondo is better than Harris. I guarantee you at least 75% of NBA coaches would take Rondo over Harris. Call me when Harris averages a triple double through seven playoff games. I started at PG for four years at Holy Cross which is a division 1A school and we made it to the NCAA tournament two times in those four years with me at PG. We were the 15 seed in 2001 and lost to the #2 seed Kentucky Wildcats by 4 points and in 2002 we nearly pulled of the greatest upset in NCAA tournament history against the top seeded Kansas Jayhawks with me starting at PG so I know a little som ething about the gsme and about being a PG. I've seen this kid Rubio play and he has the tools to be incredible and is only 19 years old.

Eases Jesus
06-19-2009, 09:59 PM
It's funny how you think Rubio is already better than Harris. Even though Rubio has not played one second in the NBA. Sure, he's playing over in Europe professionally , but the game here in the NBA is MUCH more physical and doesn't rely on jump shooting the entire game. IMO Rubio won't be near the level of Harris when he jumps ship. Harris is really underrated, and put up incredible numbers this year.;)

Rubio is 19 and has been a pro for four years already and has the most upside of anyone in the draft. Devin Harris has had one good season.

ps,Rajon Rondo>Devin Harris

theuuord
06-19-2009, 09:59 PM
I said Rubio is a better PG already because Harris is a scorer and not really a pure PG and Rondo is better than Harris. I guarantee you at least 75% of NBA coaches would take Rondo over Harris. Call me when Harris averages a triple double through seven playoff games. I started at PG for four years at Holy Cross which is a division 1A school and we made it to the NCAA tournament two times in those four years with me at PG. We were the 15 seed in 2001 and lost to the #2 seed Kentucky Wildcats by 4 points and in 2002 we nearly pulled of the greatest upset in NCAA tournament history against the top seeded Kansas Jayhawks with me starting at PG so I know a little som ething about the gsme and about being a PG. I've seen this kid Rubio play and he has the tools to be incredible and is only 19 years old.

no one cares.

sorry j.

Eases Jesus
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
no one cares.

sorry j.

What have you done with your lousy life? As a Nets fan you should be excited about possibly aquiring Ricky Rubio. This kid is an all out stud. The Nets will be like they were with Jason Kidd in a few years with Rubio at the point.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 10:15 PM
What have you done with your lousy life? As a Nets fan you should be excited about possibly aquiring Ricky Rubio. This kid is an all out stud. The Nets will be like they were with Jason Kidd in a few years with Rubio at the point.

enough that i don't feel the need to brag about playing a D1 sport to make my opinion seem credible on an internet forum.

Ricky Rubio has the chance to be a great point guard.
Devin Harris is a great point guard.

This trade is beyond stupid.

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Being a good player does not automatically make someone a good scout. Larry Bird, for instance....I'm just sayin'.

And right now, Devin Harris' one good year > Rubio's zero good years. Young, proven talent over young, unproven talent, any day of the week. Rubio may end up being better, but a bird in the hand....

Kjthunder
06-19-2009, 10:25 PM
I agree that this is a dumb trade for NJ but if they want to get rid of harris for rubio, im sure OKC would be happy to accept that trade. Because im sure Rubio will be there at 3 if memphis is really serious about thabeet

blacknell
06-19-2009, 10:40 PM
just watch rubio is going to suck worse than he did in the olympics. really what is all the hype about this guy? In the Euro league he averaged 2pts and 2assists and didn't start 3 of the 5 games. the year before that he averaged 7 pts 4 assists. He has kwame brown type bust written all over him he will never be able to gurad a deron williams, chris paul, mo williams

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 10:47 PM
just watch rubio is going to suck worse than he did in the olympics. really what is all the hype about this guy? In the Euro league he averaged 2pts and 2assists and didn't start 3 of the 5 games. the year before that he averaged 7 pts 4 assists. He has kwame brown type bust written all over him he will never be able to gurad a deron williams, chris paul, mo williams

:confused:

Which Olympics were you watching?? The kid was holding his own against Paul, Kidd, and D-Will. Plus he was destroying the defense of other teams.

And you do know he had those stats after coming back from the wrist injury, right?? Know your facts before bashing the guy. Check out his stats BEFORE the injury.

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 10:48 PM
On the side note, Ricky and LeBron will not mesh together so if that's what NJ is planning, it's not gonna work. Ricky needs the ball to be effective, plus he has a below average jumpshot.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
On the side note, Ricky and LeBron will not mesh together so if that's what NJ is planning, it's not gonna work. Ricky needs the ball to be effective, plus he has a below average jumpshot.

They're not planning anything because this is fake.

nyyankees09
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
the nets denied making this offer

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
if the deal is Rubio and Rudy Gay for Devin Harris then the nets easily win the deal becaue Rudy Gay is an underrated STAR and rubio has a chance to be better then harris anyways.

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
They're not planning anything because this is fake.

I didn't bother reading the middle pages. My bad.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM

link?

if you don have one then noone will believe u

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
if the deal is Rubio and Rudy Gay for Devin Harris then the nets easily win the deal becaue Rudy Gay is an underrated STAR and rubio has a chance to be better then harris anyways.

Gay hogs the ball a little bit too much IMO :shrug:

jehovah joe
06-19-2009, 11:03 PM
the warriors could sure use devin harris...

Drtino
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow.... I love Devin Harris game, but I'd seen Rubio play in some Euroleague games... this kid is good and for being only 19 years old, he has a bright future ahead of him.

I wouldn't like to part ways with Devin, because he's a legitimate scorer... but this kid knows how to look for the open man and can either penetrate and score or look for the best open man (even if he's right behind him) as if he had eyes on the back of his head.

He'll be a good piece for the Nets if Lebron somehow signs with the Nets.

But that's just as risky as making this move, knowing that Rubio has yet to prove himself in the NBA... Although he can be a good playmaker alongside Brook Lopez and Carter for the next season.

Rubio and Gay for Devin...it'll be a good deal... that is if the Nets had individual talks with Memphis from the start, if not... oh well, we keep Devin.

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 11:07 PM
link?

if you don have one then noone will believe u

The original article says that it's just the author's speculation. There is no rumor.

Drtino
06-19-2009, 11:09 PM

You sure... Oh, well... we keep Devin.

He's still a good player and can do a lot of damage.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 11:12 PM
The original article says that it's just the author's speculation. There is no rumor.

ok. good for u. it still doesnt mean the nets have come out and denied requesting this trade.

also, i believe that wheres the smoke theres fire, so i doubt that the writer was like "hmmm lets make up a good rumor.oh i know! devin harris!"

dos132
06-19-2009, 11:28 PM
that offer will be their biggest gamble, trading a star player to a NBA rookie...
if i were to Memphis, i will grab that offer for Devin Harris, adding rubio in Memphis will be a gamble too for them...

theuuord
06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
ok. good for u. it still doesnt mean the nets have come out and denied requesting this trade.

also, i believe that wheres the smoke theres fire, so i doubt that the writer was like "hmmm lets make up a good rumor.oh i know! devin harris!"

you really don't get journalism at ALL, do you?

blacknell
06-19-2009, 11:52 PM
:confused:

Which Olympics were you watching?? The kid was holding his own against Paul, Kidd, and D-Will. Plus he was destroying the defense of other teams.

And you do know he had those stats after coming back from the wrist injury, right?? Know your facts before bashing the guy. Check out his stats BEFORE the injury.

Dude i watched him i the olympics and he did nothing to be considered a lottery pick and for the past 3 seasons he has not been coming back from a wrist injury so read before you post. And if he has had a wrist injury for the past 3 seasons he should get that looked at big time. Also i was doing some digging and even alot of NBA Gm's see what i saw he is not very athletic and he can't shoot and he turns over the ball to much.. i will post the link to that when i find it again

blacknell
06-19-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.dailythunder.com/?p=2597

Speaking of Rubio, I encountered a number of NBA GMs and scouts this week who were pretty skeptical about Rubio’s NBA future. They see him as an average athlete who can’t shoot well and who is turnover prone, and wonder aloud why he’s ranked so high.

A few GMs said Rubio isn’t in their top five

ctitus45
06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
quit the Rubio hate! he is only 18!! he has another 20 years of basketball in him!!!

as a mavs fan, i miss the hell out of Devin Harris...New Jersey would be stupid to trade him. he may never be a cp3 or d-will but the guy has amazing speed and knows how to attack the rim. he's proven...rubio isnt. keep devin new jersey.

even if Rubio turns out to be great, he won't flourish unless he has speed and athleticisim on the wings.

don't give me the vince carter arguement. he doesnt have the patience for an 18 yr old PG to develop. he will be demanding a trade immediately if this does go down

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 11:58 PM
and for the past 3 seasons he has not been coming back from a wrist injury so read before you post

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/scott_howard-cooper/06/12/jennings.rubio/index.html

In fact, according to the Euroleague's official Web site, Rubio went scoreless with three assists and three turnovers in nine minutes in the early stages of his return from a wrist injury. Jennings finished with 12 points and two assists in 23 minutes. Rubio and DKV Joventut beat Jennings and Lottomatica Roma 97-93.

:crazy:

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 11:59 PM
I'll take IQ over athleticism any day of the week. Magic and Bird didn't have as much athleticism as players do nowadays but their great IQ pushed them over the top.

blacknell
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I'll take IQ over athleticism any day of the week. Magic and Bird didn't have as much athleticism as players do nowadays but their great IQ pushed them over the top.

HAHAHA Rubio is really turnover prone Magic wasn't.. Never ever mention his name with Magic in the same sentence ever. Magic is the greatest PG to ever play the game rubio will never be on his level and magic was athletic Bird wasn't but seeing rubio can't shoot like bird how bout we don't compare him either... Rubio has never played a game in the NBA so he has no IQ what the hell is he gonna do when Iverson wants to cross him over? Nothing but get scored on, How is he gonna stop Parker,williams,cp3,harris,mo williams? The answer is he isn't he is not athletic enough i'm sure he is a good defender in spain but how many of them are fast, athletic,quick? bout 3%

blacknell
06-20-2009, 12:06 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/scott_howard-cooper/06/12/jennings.rubio/index.html

:crazy:

I'll say this one more time in caps now.. SHOW ME WHERE HE HAD A WRIST INJURY FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS

lakers4sho
06-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I'll say this one more time in caps now.. SHOW ME WHERE HE HAD A WRIST INJURY FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS

Who the **** said he had a wrist injury for 3 straight years??

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Wtf is NJ thinking? x100 :pity: The GM of the Nets must have been high or something.

AI4MVP
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
WHATEVER!!! keep hattin you Rubio hatters. Whens hes ****ing ******** on your team and your like "damn i wish we had this kid" then you'll shut the **** up and stop hattin. just wait fellas.

IndyRealist
06-20-2009, 12:22 AM
C'mon guys, at least read the last page of the thread before you post. Or at the very least, read the original article. The author says that it was his idea. There is no rumor, thus there is nothing for the Nets to deny. The Nets are shopping Harris, and the author thought the Grizz should consider trading #2 to get him. That's it.

blacknell
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Who the **** said he had a wrist injury for 3 straight years??

He had 3 straight poor seasons in the euro league and you keep brigning up an wrist injury and i want you to show me all 3 of his poor seasons came from a wrist injury

theuuord
06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
x100 :pity: The GM of the Nets must have been high or something.

...or the writer made it up, like he said.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-20-2009, 12:42 AM
harris>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rubio

Lindystud36
06-20-2009, 12:49 AM
I want to see a block buster trade

lakers4sho
06-20-2009, 12:50 AM
He had 3 straight poor seasons in the euro league and you keep brigning up an wrist injury and i want you to show me all 3 of his poor seasons came from a wrist injury

Again, you are misreading my post. You said

In the Euro league he averaged 2pts and 2assists and didn't start 3 of the 5 games.

And then I said it's because he came back from a wrist injury.

Right before he had his injury:

10 PPG, 42% 3PT FG, 80% FT, 6.1 APG, 2.2 SPG

in 23 minutes of action. That's more than the average NBA player playing the same amount of minutes.

He doesn't have overwhelming stats, but actually watching him play shows you the maturity of the kid playing against professional players at such a young age. And if we based everything off of stats, what need would there be for scouts to visit countries overseas??

Nets fan 93
06-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Nets officials denied a report they’ve offered Devin Harris to the Grizzlies for the #2 pick. “No way,” one source told the Post. “Absolutely nothing to that,” said another. “Just not true,” said a third.
http://www.netsdaily.com/
:cool:

FaceDown91
06-20-2009, 04:42 AM
http://www.netsdaily.com/
:cool:

swing and the miss.

TheDiggler
06-20-2009, 05:14 AM
Can't believe it. Give up an all-star for Rubio ? ******** anyone ?

LakersIn5
06-20-2009, 05:42 AM

who said that rubio and lopez are great? and after 2-3 years VC would be 2009 grant hill at best

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 07:59 AM
funny,.......but im the ONLY ONE here realizing this trade woudl be HORRIBLE for Memphis?

I mean......Harris needs the ball and the touches to look good, he never lloked so good in Dallas because he was not a scoring option.

So how woudl he fit with Oj Mayo and Gay who both need a lot of touches to look good and are Ball hogish? Mayo at least has the decency to looks every ten times to give away one dime but i swear that i have seen rudy gay get tripled have two open men and still go and shoot too many times.

I think that mix woudl be a chemistry blow up one....

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Can't believe it. Give up an all-star for Rubio ? ******** anyone ?

yeah absolutely ********.

What ws tha ******** move by Jerrry west?

uh SOmething about an allstar flopper and some Jellybean son or soemthign....

yep ********.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 09:26 AM
whoa whoa whoa everybody relax.....

why is everyone so high on rubio??
Devin Harris is an AllStar.... and IMO the best point gaurd in the east. Hands Down.
unless with the number #2 pick they plan on getting a PF or a SG and with there #11 plan on gettin someone like Ty Lawson then thats a different story... but The Nets have 2 holes in their starting lineup.. the 3 and 4 position every thing else is pretty solid.

Reddd
06-20-2009, 10:05 AM
This won't happen, altough if it would happen, you can't really tell who did benefit more cause rubio needs IMO at least 2-3 yrs to get to the same level as Devin Harris.

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Harris best pg in the east? top 5? You on drugs?

Better Pg than Harris

West: Billups, Deron, Davis, Nash, Parker, Kidd,Paul,

East:Rose,Mo Williams, Rondo,Calderon,Nelson,

So top 10 at best

rabzouz 96
06-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Harris best pg in the east? top 5? You on drugs?

Better Pg than Harris

West: Billups, Deron, Davis, Nash, Parker, Kidd,Paul,

So top 10 at best
while hes not top 5, the east point guards you named are worse than him,maybe with the exception of rondo.

Hellcrooner
06-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Rondo and Rose have much higher ceilling than hi and are playing very good.

Calderon is a best CLASICALL past first point guards with better d.

I will admit discussion on Nelson and Williams but hey they were in the e c f

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
i can't even believe you morons are entertaining this bullsh*t rumor

mikantsass
06-20-2009, 10:42 AM
NJ is stupid for doing this if it happens. This draft is horrible beyond Griffin and Harris is a border-line top 5 pg. NJ prob just doesnt want to pay Harris

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 10:42 AM
while hes not top 5, the east point guards you named are worse than him,maybe with the exception of rondo.

co-sign:cool:

JIDsanity
06-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Sounds like a crock of ****. I thought we had to use real sources?

JIDsanity
06-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Change the title, because that isn't true.

raptor fan
06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
i dont like this deal for NJ, but its not terrible. if they're planning to cut payroll for 2010 and they believe they have a legitimate shot at bringing in Lebron, then yeah i guess this deal kind of makes sense. but its a huge risk to take; harris is a great PG.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 11:39 AM

yeahhh right pal...

theuuord
06-20-2009, 12:04 PM
This is not true, this is still not true, this is still still not true.

Please either lock this thread or change the title.

theuuord
06-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Change the title, because that isn't true.

don't you get it yet? This is the PSD sports forum, where shock posting and stupidity reign supreme.

D-Amazins
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
funny,.......but im the ONLY ONE here realizing this trade woudl be HORRIBLE for Memphis?

I mean......Harris needs the ball and the touches to look good, he never lloked so good in Dallas because he was not a scoring option.

So how woudl he fit with Oj Mayo and Gay who both need a lot of touches to look good and are Ball hogish? Mayo at least has the decency to looks every ten times to give away one dime but i swear that i have seen rudy gay get tripled have two open men and still go and shoot too many times.

I think that mix woudl be a chemistry blow up one....

1. Harris wasn't a starter in Dallas and wasn't depended on to score.
2. Dallas already had 3 scoring options ahead of him in Dirk,Howard & Terry. Shoot even Stackhouse had more FGA.
3. In NJ where he was scoring option # 1B. (Carter was 1A.) He shined.

I honestly feel in Memphis he would thrive. Doesn't matter what Mayo or Gay wants, this is a team game and I doubt any HC is going to just let their guards play however they seem fit. If Harris basically averaged 7 Assists on a weak Nets team Imagine with 2 legit scoring options and good post scorer in Gasol.

theimortalone
06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
WTF NJ? You wanna offer a young stud in Devin Harris so that you can get the #2 pick? :confused:

rabzouz 96
06-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Rondo and Rose have much higher ceilling than hi and are playing very good.

Calderon is a best CLASICALL past first point guards with better d.

I will admit discussion on Nelson and Williams but hey they were in the e c f

theyre not playing on his level as of yet and therefore theyre not better than him, this is not about potential its about best pg right now.

calderon is pretty overrated and not a better pg than harris, and his d is not better than harris d, although harris was pretty disappointing on the defensive end this season, especially when u consider that he was one of the premier pg defenders before that. ford was better for toronto

great argument, that doesnt mean anything, just that their management assembled better teams, fisher is not a top pg, although he was in the finals.

jacquewho?
06-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I have no idea as to why New Joisey would do this. Unless they feel Ricky Rubio will be just as good as Devin Harris was last year in his rookie campaign (which isn't going to happen on a team like New Jersey with their talent level) then they are dumb to do this trade. No point, they trade away their PG of the future for a (most likely) project. I could see them drafting Jordan Hill too, but I think Rubio would be the more logical choice.

Still....dumb dumb dumb trade.

theuuord
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
WTF NJ? You wanna offer a young stud in Devin Harris so that you can get the #2 pick? :confused:

They wouldn't, because this is fake.

Grim Reaper
06-20-2009, 06:31 PM
HAHAHA Rubio is really turnover prone Magic wasn't.. Never ever mention his name with Magic in the same sentence ever. Magic is the greatest PG to ever play the game rubio will never be on his level and magic was athletic Bird wasn't but seeing rubio can't shoot like bird how bout we don't compare him either... Rubio has never played a game in the NBA so he has no IQ what the hell is he gonna do when Iverson wants to cross him over? Nothing but get scored on, How is he gonna stop Parker,williams,cp3,harris,mo williams? The answer is he isn't he is not athletic enough i'm sure he is a good defender in spain but how many of them are fast, athletic,quick? bout 3%

Rubio is only 19 though. Magic was only a freshmen in college at that age.

Grim Reaper
06-20-2009, 06:34 PM

To get a better young stud in Ricky Rubio. It makes sense to me.

juggla53
06-20-2009, 08:38 PM

You gauarantee 75% of coaches would take rondo over harris, again ill ask how the **** do you know, are you an NBA coach? No your not and wow congrats you play for holy cross again nobody cares because you probabley made that up anyway, look at your last post with half of the people on the thread laughing at you. Isiah Thomas knows a hell of a lot more about basketball then everyone on this forum combined and yet he still managed to run the NY knicks into the ground so even if you did play for holy cross (which nobody cares anyway) that doesnt mean you have any clue as to how talent will project into the NBA.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Rudy and Rubio for Harris and a 2010 first rounder sounds even

AFlagRules
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Rubio > Harris..

Harris is overrated..

smith&wesson
06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
if new jersey does this, the GM and president of the nets should get fired and the team should be sold to another city. Devon harris is one of the best players in the league right now. He is an all around amazing point gaurd, extreamly fast, unselfish, plays very smart, and is really clutch. hmmm lets trade him for an unproven gaurd with contract issues who may or may not live up to the hype and might even want to be traded once his rookie contract is up ??? like for real ? this is ********!!!! if new jersey has harris, carter and lopez, shouldnt they be looking to fill in the small forward and power forward position to make a complet starting 5 ? i dont get what this franshize is doing.. really i dont get it. chances are carter is leaving too, so trade harris and you pretty much have a centre with potential and bunch of guys that can get traded for a bag of basket balls. new jersey will then become a D league team.. whos running the show up there ? what the hell is going on ...

theuuord
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
if new jersey does this, the GM and president of the nets should get fired and the team should be sold to another city. Devon harris is one of the best players in the league right now. He is an all around amazing point gaurd, extreamly fast, unselfish, plays very smart, and is reallyl clutch. hmmm lets trade him for an unproven gaurd with contract issues who may or may not live up to the hype and might even want to be traded once his rookie contract is up... i think thats a good trade. lets do it ??? like for real ? this is ********!!!! if new jersey has harris, carter and lopes, shouldnt they be looking to fill in the small forward and power forward position to make a complet starting 5 ? i dont get what this franshize is doing.. really i dont get it. chances is are carter is leaving too, so trade harris and you pretty much have a centre with potention and bunch of guys that can get traded for a bag of basket balls. new jersey will then become a D league team.. whos running the show up there ? what the hell is going on ...

good thing they're not doing it, because it was made up by a memphis reporter, and has been denied vehemently.

(seriously people. reading is FUN!damental.)

smith&wesson
06-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Rubio > Harris..

Harris is overrated..

stick to football, you obviously dont know **** about basket ball...
im guessing you been following rubio's career for you to make a statment like rubio > harris. the guy hasnt bounced a ball in the nba yet and your saying he is better then an all star. U must be a genius.

smith&wesson
06-20-2009, 09:56 PM
good thing they're not doing it, because it was made up by a memphis reporter, and has been denied vehemently.

(seriously people. reading is FUN!damental.)

still whats really good with the nets, i dont get the direction they going in. is it because they are uncertain if the teams gonna stay in jersey or move to broklyn ? because it done look like they are going any where and it dont like like they rebuilding either.

theuuord
06-20-2009, 10:04 PM
still whats really good with the nets, i dont get the direction they going in. is it because they are uncertain if the teams gonna stay in jersey or move to broklyn ? because it done look like they are going any where and it dont like like they rebuilding either.

it's retooling mode. We have two cornerstones (Harris/Lopez), one veteran leader in the starting five (Carter), a veteran leader off the bench (Dooling), a load of potential (Lopez/Anderson/Yi/CDR), and international market dominators (Najera/Yi).

We're building to both a) make money and b) win games in the long term. Short-term losses for now though.

vash9
06-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Rubio > Harris..

Harris is overrated..

^ Fail at life. Stick to football. Rubio is still unproven because of the fact that he isn't a pro yet. For all we know, he could turn out to be a dud. Devin Harris is only 5 years in. After 4 years of being a backup PG, he became a starter AND then made All-Star that same year. All-Star<Potential Dud? I don't think so.

this was started out as a rumor. Kiki and Rod officially announced that Devin isn't go anywhere.

Chronz
06-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Yea NJ's direction is pretty clear, they are one solid draft away from setting themselves up for the next decade.

jerseykidd88
06-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I would be SOooo pissed man im a die hard NJ fan !

#1Mavericksfan
06-21-2009, 03:14 AM
As much as people on this forum wanted to bash the Mavs for trading Devin now look what we have here...the Nets are about to send him packing too but I don't see anybody talking crap about the Nets.

Raidaz4Life
06-21-2009, 03:57 AM
I would love this trade and hope it goes down for both teams

theuuord
06-21-2009, 09:13 AM
As much as people on this forum wanted to bash the Mavs for trading Devin now look what we have here...the Nets are about to send him packing too but I don't see anybody talking crap about the Nets.

Because this is a fake deal, that a reporter made up, that isn't happening.

Hellcrooner
06-21-2009, 09:58 AM
For the Record Rubio would not be walking out of Nets.

Broolyn would be enough of a market for him.

theuuord
06-21-2009, 10:02 AM
For the Record Rubio would not be walking out of Nets.

Broolyn would be enough of a market for him.

For the record, this rumor was made up by a Memphis reporter and has been shot down repeatedly since he invented the idea.

J_M_B
06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
What is New Jersey thinking? There has to be more to the trade right?

#2 and Gay for Harris? That makes more sense

theuuord
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM

They're not thinking anything, because this is still not a real rumor.

(Wow, I can't believe people are still doing this. I've been at work for like 4 pages now.)

clipsedya
06-22-2009, 01:22 AM
I think New Jersey (or should I say Jay-Z?) is considering a move like this because Rubio could bring big time money to their market. Think about how booming New York would be with the Knicks and their following, plus all of the Euro hype that would follow Rubio in Brooklyn!!

The only downside to Rubio is the contract issues, but there are enough deep pockets that would be involved to make it happen for New Jersey.

Plus Rubio is as good at his age as anybody we have seen recently.....including Lebron and Kobe. This guy could be a monster in the league!!

lakers4sho
06-22-2009, 01:39 AM
People, there is no "offer" by New Jersey.

*Superman*
06-22-2009, 02:16 AM
^Why isn't this thread locked yet?

Hellcrooner
06-22-2009, 02:40 AM
spanish media has not told a single world about this.

It thhere was the Samllast hint of any truth it woudl have been all over the papers here..

so, False Rumor.

By the way Te uuord why so much interest in denying this repitedly over and ovr?

You want Rubio on your team :D?

*Superman*
06-22-2009, 03:05 AM

Are you serious. That would be ownage for NJ. Gay is a franchise player and getting Rubio, thats a steal.

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 03:16 AM
ill trade dj mbengas championship ring to new jersey for devin harris to go to the lakers....think about it! i mean the nets wont see another ring for a long time as long as big bynum and kobe and lamar and pau are in town hahah

IndyRealist
06-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Are you serious. That would be ownage for NJ. Gay is a franchise player and getting Rubio, thats a steal.

I'd assume that NJ would send back their pick at #11, I dunno if that makes it fair or not. I'm not a fan of Rudy Gay, so....

Regardless, this isn't a rumor. It isn't going to happen. The author of the original article made it up.

theuuord
06-22-2009, 09:27 AM
spanish media has not told a single world about this.

It thhere was the Samllast hint of any truth it woudl have been all over the papers here..

so, False Rumor.

By the way Te uuord why so much interest in denying this repitedly over and ovr?

You want Rubio on your team :D?

lol, i love rubio as a prospect but i hate stupidity on a forum more. :p

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2009, 03:15 PM
That's an ignorant idea. Devin Harris has already proven that he can run a team. The Nets need to worry about position where they are weak.

b_rad23
06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Harris has proven he can lead a team to the lottery while putting up big stats, yes, but he hasn't proven that he can successfully run a winning team at all.

Anyway, I'd say #2 and Gay for Harris and #11 helps both teams if Conley gets moved in another deal (for a forward).

BluejaysFan08
06-22-2009, 04:10 PM
as a raptors fan i love if this went down.

azkarraga
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
memphis aint pickin rubio anyway.

GiantMetKnick
06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Fascinating. I like Memphis' roster. And they still have cap room for a big free agent... why not Boozer or Millsap?

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Gasol

Package Darko and Conley for Kaman.... now you're really talking!
( LA would like to dump the contract, and Darko is expiring)

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Kaman

Or send Conley, Gasol and maybe future pick for the 3rd pick (tough sell on Conley though because Thunder don't need PG)...

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Thabeet

HOLY MOLY... THE GRIZZ ARE CONTENDERS!

Robbw241
06-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Fascinating. I like Memphis' roster. And they still have cap room for a big free agent... why not Boozer or Millsap?

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Gasol

Package Darko and Conley for Kaman.... now you're really talking!
( LA would like to dump the contract, and Darko is expiring)

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Kaman

Or send Conley, Gasol and maybe future pick for the 3rd pick (tough sell on Conley though because Thunder don't need PG)...

PG - Harris
SG - Mayo
SF - Gay
PF - Boozer
C - Thabeet

HOLY MOLY... THE GRIZZ ARE CONTENDERS!

except for the part where any of this happens

Kabowdos
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Might be the stupidest post I have ever read.

JordansBulls
06-22-2009, 05:09 PM

That's Vince Carter right?

Nighthawk
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Rubio is the real deal. Why do you think we hear all these teams wiling to trade away there point gurads to get rubio. (Nets, Suns, C's, etc) Rubio imo can come in right away an play. And will only get better over the years. Rubio will be better than Harris.

dodie53
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
D. Harris > 2nd pick
imo.

Kobedidit2009
06-22-2009, 09:27 PM
devin harris should just beg the nets to release him and come to the lakers and win some titles hahaha... seriously though to trade devin harris for techinically rubio would be a bad idea...he hasnt stepped on an nba floor yet,hes younger then i am(im 19) and to me isnt ready yet to take over a team ...too much pressure

chadillachembre
06-23-2009, 02:23 AM
I do this in a heart beat if im memphis!

jc4life
06-23-2009, 02:53 AM
this will never happen

BlinkManJan02
06-23-2009, 03:06 AM
the mavericks were stupid for trading harris, in my opinion the nets got a steal. kidds good but hes near the end of his career. harris is about to enter his prime.

now they want to get rid of him? how stupid would the nets be if they did this. what a dumba*s idea of theirs.