PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon - What team could he help

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 03:08 PM
If somehow the Bulls don't keep Gordon and he either does a S/T or he walks away, what team should pursue him?

Basically what team would he be able to help the most?

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
if NJ is still shopping VC, a backcourt of him and Devin Harris would be nice

#24forPrez
06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I personally think if the rockets can trade away t-mac somewhere for nothing and then sign ben gordon that could be good for them even though i want him to stay in the east somewhere cuz im a laker fan

abe_froman
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
det.,okc

lavell12
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
How about the Spurs? They could use a player who isn't past his prime.

Brooklyn Mets
06-19-2009, 03:19 PM
if NJ is still shopping VC, a backcourt of him and Devin Harris would be nice

they would def be fun to watch..

ben gordon could help out any team but i see him staying in chicago..

nikefreek220
06-19-2009, 03:25 PM
he would be PERFECT fit in Orlando.

Nelson
Gordon
Hedo
Lewis
Howard

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 03:29 PM

Nelson
Gordon
Hedo
Lewis
Howard

i dont think ORL has the money

Hellcrooner
06-19-2009, 03:34 PM
The Raptors they should try to make a Sign and trade offer sending Marion and Bargnani to Chicago and getting Deng and Gordon.

Both teams win.

Calderon,Gordon, Deng, Bosh, Jordan Hill looks very god IMO

heyman321
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
The Raptors they should try to make a Sign and trade offer sending Marion and Bargnani to Chicago and getting Deng and Gordon.

Both teams win.

Keep him away from the Raptors please, we don't need an undersized two guard who can't defend and an inconsistent Deng. I'd rather much have Bargnani who is on the way up, and Marion anyday.

Ty Fast
06-19-2009, 03:48 PM
The Raptors. With Marion’s contract off the books they freed up like 17 million and should be offer him a contract without having to give anything up. He is just what they need and it would also show Bosh that they are serious about winning. I also think it might make scenes for the Bulls to let him walk because it would give them cap room to land D Wade. The only other team that I think will be buyers this off-season is the Pistons, but will probably go after David Lee instead. As for the rest of the teams that have cap space, learn from Philly’s mistake and wait one more off season for Lebron, Wade, Bosh, ect.

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Sixers still need a starter who can shoot consistently from 3 and Ben Gordon would be the answer.

We need two combo guards for our new offense so I like how this would work.

Lou Williams 22 / Eric Maynor? 22 or Ty Lawson? 21 (draft)
Ben Gordon 25 /
Andre Iguodala 25 / Jason Kapono 28
Thaddeus Young 21/ Marreese Speights 22
Elton Brand 30/ Jason Smith 22

Thats a good promising team right therwe with everyone besides Elton and Kapono being 25 and under.

JWO35
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The Detroit Pistons (he could replace an aging Rip)

Kyben36
06-19-2009, 04:02 PM
IMO, The Pistons are the best team. Stucky is 6"5, meaning that even though he runs the point, he is capable of guarding the Larger guard of the other team, while Gordon guards the PG, And, if there is any team that will make Gordon play D, its the pistons.

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Both teams win.

Please!!! The Bulls aren't taking that. If we get anyone it is Bosh.

Hellcrooner
06-19-2009, 04:12 PM
didnt you need an inside scorer? Bargs is that.

Method28
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
He'd help N.O. big time. They dont have a 2 and they need offensive help in the worst way

cantstopthee
06-19-2009, 04:30 PM

ohh yeah teams can get anybody they want now adays with no problem.

bosh is a very high price player that many teams want so don't get your hopes up to much

E.O.21
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Houston and San Antonio are the teams he can help the most

D-Will4Prez
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM
He could help Utah by signing with the pistons. That way Pistons would have to trade for Boozer if they want him probably involving Rip. and Utah doesn't lose Boozer for nothing :D.

YayBoston
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
How about the Thunder? They need shooting and they need energy. Their payroll this offseason is $41 million and adding Gordon and whoever they draft could make them an above average team next year.

29$JerZ
06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Detroit could use him very well, especially since Stuckey is a tall Guard and can guard both guard positions.

New York would also be a great place for him but not enough money to spend on him.

Interesting thought would be Utah, especially if they want to move Boozer but I doubt Boozer is the type of Pf Chicago wants.

Kyben36
06-19-2009, 06:01 PM
How about the Thunder? They need shooting and they need energy. Their payroll this offseason is $41 million and adding Gordon and whoever they draft could make them an above average team next year.

The only thing I could want from them is the 3rd pick.

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
well if chicago isnt keeping them, Detroit is getting him. There gunna pay him $11m/yr, and i think Chicago doesnt want to overpay him so they might try 2 get a guy like Gerald Henderson from the draft with draft trades.

jiggajay23
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
well if chicago isnt keeping them, Detroit is getting him. There gunna pay him $11m/yr, and i think Chicago doesnt want to overpay him so they might try 2 get a guy like Gerald Henderson from the draft with draft trades.

I actually think a good fit would be with phoenix since they have shaq and amare so they can kick it out to him when doubled. But even better would prob be the knicks because I think d'antonis run and gun style of play would suit him well...plus larry hughes sucks so itd be a major upgrade

blacknell
06-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Knicks

MattyPatty
06-19-2009, 06:31 PM
thunders

Tmac,lt,berkman
06-19-2009, 06:46 PM
i think he would help the rockets... i think we would pursue him with t-mac for gordon and deng.

joeboow90
06-19-2009, 07:09 PM
He'd help the Spurs a lot. ANd the Mavs could really use him 2. I'd love to see him on the Magic tho. they could've REALLY used him in the Finals instead of bum *** Courtney Lee. they definately dont have enough money to get him tho since Hedo is a free agent and he'll demand a lot of money that he really doesnt deserve. Yes he played very well during the REGULAR SEASON but where was he in the Finals when they needed him? brickin up shots and turning the ball over.

kurtismurray
06-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Ben Gordon would help Utah big time.

S&T Boozer for Gordon and future 1st rounder

Utah drafts Hansbrough

Williams
Gordon/Korver
Brewer/AK
Millsap/Hansbrough
Okur/Koufous

Trade CJ for someone and keep Almond

Chronz
06-19-2009, 08:12 PM
The Detroit Pistons (he could replace an aging Rip)

That would be the absolute worst scenario, they are going to tie all their money into 1 position when theyve already overpayed to keep Hamilton?

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 08:33 PM
The only thing I could want from them is the 3rd pick.

I think the point was that the Thunder can sign him outright, they don't have to deal with Chicago at all.

YayBoston
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I think the point was that the Thunder can sign him outright, they don't have to deal with Chicago at all.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. But even if it was a sign and trade, the Thunder would still be well off adding Gordon.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
as ive said many times, S&T for Ray Allen. He fits perfect next to:

A driving and dishing Rondo. A slashing Pierce, and can catch and shoot when KG gets doubled in the post. He is young so u dont have to worry about his minutes and has a calm personality.

Bulls get: Ray Allen
Celtics get: BG and Tim Thomas

chitownbulls
06-19-2009, 11:21 PM
as ive said many times, S&T for Ray Allen. He fits perfect next to:

A driving and dishing Rondo. A slashing Pierce, and can catch and shoot when KG gets doubled in the post. He is young so u dont have to worry about his minutes and has a calm personality.

Bulls get: Ray Allen
Celtics get: BG and Tim Thomas

I like that trade. Ray Allen has an expiring contract(I think), it gives us another shooter without overpaying him. And Allen is one of the most clutch players of all time. We get rid of Tim Thomas, and you guys have a younger shooter that can put points up faster than Kobe when he's feeling it.

Vinny642
06-20-2009, 12:13 AM
He'd help N.O. big time. They dont have a 2 and they need offensive help in the worst way

He would help us greatly, we have a 2 though named Butler, but i'd take Gordon anyday over Butler. He can create his own shot too, it'd be nice.

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
The Utah Jazz!! :)

btownsawx1
06-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I definately see the Ray Allen trade going down, that is a really good trade but your sayin youd send ray straight up for tim thomas? thats tough because we could sign ben gordon for 12mill per. for 5 (that is what it would take). and there is talk of ray goin to like milwaukee for the number 5 pick, bcuz we know ainge loves rubio.

Catfish1314
06-20-2009, 12:45 AM

Nelson
Gordon
Hedo
Lewis
Howard

That looks great on paper and Gordon would give the Magic that other player on the perimeter who can create his own shot. But the Magic's offense consists of a lot of passing when Jameer Nelson is controlling the offense. The ball doesn't get around as much when it's Hedo doing the facilitating, but the Magic move the ball a lot. Gordon is a great scorer, one of the most refined in the NBA, but he stagnates offenses.

If Aaron Brooks is Houston's point guard of the future, Gordon is definitely not a good fit for Houston. That backcourt would be the worst in the NBA defensively just because of the size disadvantage. That and Gordon is a horrible defender.

San Antonio has plenty of defensive players and with Manu not getting any younger, they could use a guy to add to Tony Parker for their long-term plans.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-20-2009, 01:32 AM
I definately see the Ray Allen trade going down, that is a really good trade but your sayin youd send ray straight up for tim thomas? thats tough because we could sign ben gordon for 12mill per. for 5 (that is what it would take). and there is talk of ray goin to like milwaukee for the number 5 pick, bcuz we know ainge loves rubio.

theres no way Rubio could fall to 5. maybe a trade for Michael Redd and his wonderful contract. but i just couldnt see Rubio falling fast Sactown.

plus, we cant sign BG straight up. we dont have the cap room for that.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 11:45 AM
1.)Philly
2.)Charlotte
3.)Knicks
4.)Mavs
5.)Nets

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 11:46 AM
The Utah Jazz!! :)

u might be right :up:

heyman321
06-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Lol, Raptors wouldn't trade you Bosh for that junk. The only one Bosh is tradeable for is Rose, and Bulls sure as hell aren't doing that. Plus, Gordon is overrated anyways. An undersized two guard who happened to have a nice run in the playoffs, he'd hold the Raptors down during the regular season.

1amLEGEND
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Lol, Raptors wouldn't trade you Bosh for that junk. The only one Bosh is tradeable for is Rose, and Bulls sure as hell aren't doing that. Plus, Gordon is overrated anyways. An undersized two guard who happened to have a nice run in the playoffs, he'd hold the Raptors down during the regular season.

bulls have the pieces to get bosh without rose. bosh in his final year

Mc Uncle Cola
06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
shop him to jersey

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
u might be right :up: Well, we Jazz fans have been talking a lot about the serious need for a SG who can shoot the ball and have the ability to penetrate into the lane. I'm just afraid about how Ben Gordon tends to dominate the ball which wouldn't work in a complete team offense like we have.

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 02:28 PM
I see Philly as a great destination for him.

oshen333
06-20-2009, 03:13 PM
what about the thunder as a destination with the thunder trading

nick collison
earl watson
1st round pick(25th pick)

for
ben gordon
2nd round pick

westbrook,gordon,durant,green,thabeet(crossing my fingers)

Ovratd1up
06-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I honk he could help NO as well. Apart from Raptors, Pistons, and Sixers.