PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Garbage

Lo Porto
06-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Is anybody else tired of all the false information out there? The reports were McGrady, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Rondo and so many others were on the block only for their teams to adamantly deny it. For me, there are some things that should be changed in the timing of NBA offseason events:

Opt out deadlines for players should be BEFORE the draft - how in the world do teams really know who to draft if they don't even know who is coming back? This schedule change would help teams trade away players who decided to stay but know they don't want by using draft considerations (GS with Jamal Crawford for example).

If free agency stays after the draft, they need to change the 1 year "matched contract" trade rule. For example, the Hawks can't trade Josh Smith without his approval until mid-August because that is when they matched on his deal. They should change the rule to "through the whole season". If Smith or other matched-on players could be traded before the draft, teams would have more options.

Everything in the offseason should happen a little sooner. All playoffs, teams and fans are already talking about next season. This anticipation sucks. We should know more about players opting out or not within a week or two of the finals. All this wait for info just creates more untrue trash being spread around like Shaq to the Cavs, Jefferson and #6 for Amare and other bogus info.

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 10:50 AM
well it keeps me on sites like this so I like it, and it makes good conversation at school and work...its not too much to gain interest in after the draft so rumors keep me entertained

Kakaroach
06-19-2009, 11:32 AM
I COMPLETELY AGREE TO THE FIRST ONE LO. Teams get screwed because they won't know what to draft for depending on their FA situation. A prime example is the Utah Jazz right now. All 3 of our bigs could leave and we might end up drafting a back-up PG or something.

Lo Porto
06-19-2009, 11:45 AM
When the league does the CBA again in the next couple years, they have to make the opt out deadline at least a week before the draft. It's so stupid that it's after.