PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft - June 25, 2009 - Draft Board

Pages : [1] 2 3

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 05:31 AM
The 2009 NBA Draft

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3885/nbadraft1.png
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4992/nbadraft2.png
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6176/nbadraft3.png (http://scores.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draftCast/index)

ROUND ONE

1 LA Clippers
Blake Griffin (PF) Oklahoma

2 Memphis
Hasheem Thabeet (C) Connecticut

3 Oklahoma City
James Harden (SG) Arizona State

4 Sacramento
Tyreke Evans (SG) Memphis

5 Minnesota
Ricky Rubio (PG) Spain

6 Minnesota
Jonny Flynn (PG) Syracuse

7 Golden State
Stephen Curry (PG) Davidson

8 New York
Jordan Hill (PF) Arizona

9 Toronto
DeMar DeRozan (SG) USC

10 Milwaukee
Brandon Jennings (PG) Italy

11 New Jersey
Terrence Williams (SG) Louisville

12 Charlotte
Gerald Henderson (SG) Duke

13 Indiana
Tyler Hansbrough (PF) North Carolina

14 Phoenix
Earl Clark (SF) Louisville

15 Detroit
Austin Daye (SF) Gonzaga

16 Chicago
James Johnson (PF) Wake Forest

17 Philadelphia
Jrue Holiday (PG) UCLA

18 Minnesota
Ty Lawson (PG) UNC
(to Denver? Rick Bucher said so during the draft broadcast)

19 Atlanta
Jeff Teague (PG) Wake Forest

20 Utah
Eric Maynor (PG) VA Commonwealth

21 New Orleans
Darren Collison (PG) UCLA

22 Portland

23 Sacramento

24 Dallas

25 Oklahoma City

26 Chicago

27 Memphis

28 Minnesota

29 LA Lakers

30 Cleveland

ROUND TWO

theuuord
06-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I'll move my draft prediction stuff into this thread...

theuuord
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Here's a mashup of all my predictions from my draft thread (I took out the Celtics trade because it now seems unlikely):

Ty Lawson and DeJuan Blair will be the steals of this draft.

Hasheem Thabeet will be thought of as a bust offensively but make up for it by being outstanding defensively.

Jordan Hill will be a good player but won't merit the top 5 selection he will get (note: this is a pretty weak draft though, so who knows)

Stephen Curry will be overhyped, overrated, and underappreciated all at the same time. He'll become the Derek Jeter of basketball. (Double that if he becomes a Knick, like everyone says.)

James Harden will be the only legit SG contributor from this draft in his first year, but DeMar DeRozan could end up being an equivalent star in time.

Earl Clark will be the bust of the lottery.

James Johnson will become a very good player if he stays inside the three point line.

B.J. Mullens will be the DeAndre Jordan of this draft: Way oversold in high school, struggled in college, draft stock falls and whoever picks him up has two years to figure out if he'll ever figure it out.

The Kings will take Jrue Holiday with the fourth pick, hoping to replicate the success of Russell Westbrook. They won't.

Here's an obvious one: Stephen Curry, say hello to Madison Square Garden.

James Harden may fall out of the top 10 completely, which makes whatever team that takes him the luckiest team of the draft. This is only if the Celtics make the trade and teams from 6-10 commit the draft-day sin of drafting for need and not ability. The same is true for Jordan Hill.

serratedmuffin
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Harden won't fall out of the top 10. He'll be a top 5 pick. I'd love for him to drop to the raptors at 9 but that just wont happen.

I think you're also undervaluing Hill. They compare him to bosh but I think he'll more like a Jamison type, not quite an all-star but really solid.

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Pretty comprehensive post there, theuuord. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

For my part I can only say that since I really didn't watch any college ball for the past few seasons, I don't have very strong opinions about any of the players in the draft.

I'm interested to hear, though, what people think about what teams will successfully move up. I've got my eye on the Nuggets, of course, who are rumored to want to move up into the 5-12 pick range to draft a point. I'm not so confident they've got the pieces to do it, though.

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Stephen Curry will be overhyped, overrated, and underappreciated all at the same time. He'll become the Derek Jeter of basketball. (Double that if he becomes a Knick, like everyone says.)

B.J. Mullens will be the DeAndre Jordan of this draft: Way oversold in high school, struggled in college, draft stock falls and whoever picks him up has two years to figure out if he'll ever figure it out.

Here's an obvious one: Stephen Curry, say hello to Madison Square Garden.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Although the Knicks might try to move up the draft if Rubio is still available by the 3rd/4th pick.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Harden won't fall out of the top 10. He'll be a top 5 pick. I'd love for him to drop to the raptors at 9 but that just wont happen.

I think you're also undervaluing Hill. They compare him to bosh but I think he'll more like a Jamison type, not quite an all-star but really solid.

Actually, it's possible. It's very unlikely but possible.

If the top 4 goes Griffin/Thabeet/Rubio/Holiday, than a team such as the Celtics trades up to the 5th pick to get Tyreke Evans (which they have been rumored to do), then the next three teams commit draft-day sin (drafting need over talent) and take some combination of Curry/Flynn/Jennings 6-8, that leaves Hill, DeRozan and Harden from 9-11. The Raptors have said they'd take DeRozan at 9, but if Harden is there I don't think they pass him up.

Like I said, very unlikely, but definitely possible.

As for Jordan Hill, I'm so not sold on him that even if he fell to the Nets at 11 I wouldn't be ecstatic. He's had one good year at the NCAA level and is really milking this weak draft for all it's worth. Hollinger's draft rater has him at 26, and while I think that's definitely too low I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn out much worse than people predict.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 12:05 PM
Pretty comprehensive post there, theuuord. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

For my part I can only say that since I really didn't watch any college ball for the past few seasons, I don't have very strong opinions about any of the players in the draft.

I'm interested to hear, though, what people think about what teams will successfully move up. I've got my eye on the Nuggets, of course, who are rumored to want to move up into the 5-12 pick range to draft a point. I'm not so confident they've got the pieces to do it, though.

The Nets are currently talking to the Bulls/Wolves about trading down. If the Nuggets can come up with a better offer, they'd probably give it a listen. I don't think you guys have enough trade chips to get the 5 pick, though.... That being said, a bunch of teams in the lottery have multiple picks in the first round (Thunder, T'Wolves, Grizzlies, Kings) so who knows what you might be able to pull off...

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I don't see the Nugs getting all the way up to 5. In that "5-12" range they're rumored to be aiming for, I'd say "9-13" is probably much more realistic. They have a fairly heavily protected future Bobcats 1st that will probably be the centerpiece of any deal.

serratedmuffin
06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Actually, it's possible. It's very unlikely but possible.

If the top 4 goes Griffin/Thabeet/Rubio/Holiday

As for Jordan Hill, I'm so not sold on him that even if he fell to the Nets at 11 I wouldn't be ecstatic. He's had one good year at the NCAA level and is really milking this weak draft for all it's worth. Hollinger's draft rater has him at 26, and while I think that's definitely too low I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn out much worse than people predict.

The thunder have Westbrook and he plays on the ball so them taking rubio doesn't make sense and I read somewhere that Westbrook doesn't want to move from the point (speculation?). With westbrook and Durant needing the ball, Harden is much better fit than Rubio and gives them two great pieces in Green and Harden to work with the on the ball players Durant and Westbrook.
Harden is going third to OKC.

Hill is no doubt milking the craptastic draft but that doesn't mean he can't play. If you're basing your judgements on hollinger's draft rater you need to rethink. It was solid for the first few years but missed badly last year on Gordon, Mayo etc so my faith in that isn't strong and the draft is still a crapshoot.

This is just my opinion so feel free to disagree

theuuord
06-19-2009, 12:23 PM

And I will!

The thunder have Westbrook and he plays on the ball so them taking rubio doesn't make sense and I read somewhere that Westbrook doesn't want to move from the point (speculation?). With westbrook and Durant needing the ball, Harden is much better fit than Rubio and gives them two great pieces in Green and Harden to work with the on the ball players Durant and Westbrook.

Like I said, it was unlikely. But it is possible. Rubio has been rumored to go to OKC for a while now. Harden is a better fit, while Rubio is considered the better prospect... And having a backcourt of Westbrook/Rubio would be the most electric young backcourt we've seen in a while.

Also, Memphis has been rumored to draft Rubio despite his unwillingness to visit them. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/
If that happens, it's also entirely possible you guys take Thabeet.

Hill is no doubt milking the craptastic draft but that doesn't mean he can't play. If you're basing your judgements on hollinger's draft rater you need to rethink. It was solid for the first few years but missed badly last year on Gordon, Mayo etc so my faith in that isn't strong and the draft is still a crapshoot.

I'm not basing my argument on that at all. I didn't like him before I read it, and I like him more than Hollinger's Draft Rater does. That being said, for what it's worth last year was by far the worst year for the Rater, and it's been excellent prior to it.

Hill is an intriguing prospect for sure, but he's not a particularly efficient scorer inside for a college big man, and turns the ball over a LOT. He could develop into a decent big man, but if you're expecting anything of star potential I'd put good money on your disappointment.

ragee
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I hope Rubio lands in Memphis or Sacramento...

serratedmuffin
06-19-2009, 12:33 PM
And I will!

Like I said, it was unlikely. But it is possible. Rubio has been rumored to go to OKC for a while now. Harden is a better fit, while Rubio is considered the better prospect... And having a backcourt of Westbrook/Rubio would be the most electric young backcourt we've seen in a while.

Also, Memphis has been rumored to draft Rubio despite his unwillingness to visit them. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/
If that happens, it's also entirely possible you guys take Thabeet.

I think Rubio goes second and gets traded or falls to 4 to the kings.
1. Blake 2. Rubio 3. Thabeet 4. Holliday 5. Harden
Harden will then land at 5 and the pick is for sale. I can understand your reasoning on why its possible for Harden to fall but I think most teams think he's a step above the leftovers. He's the third best prospect in my opinion.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I think Rubio goes second and gets traded or falls to 4 to the kings.
1. Blake 2. Rubio 3. Thabeet 4. Holliday 5. Harden
Harden will then land at 5 and the pick is for sale. I can understand your reasoning on why its possible for Harden to fall but I think most teams think he's a step above the leftovers. He's the third best prospect in my opinion.

Oh, he's the second-best prospect in mine. I'd take him over anyone in this draft who didn't wear 23 for Oklahoma. The possibility of him falling is very, very unlikely, and it relies on like four different factors all lining up in one direction, but it is certainly possible depending on the directions of a bunch of GM's.

The most likely scenario I see for Harden is going 5 to whoever trades for the Washington pick. However, there are a few teams enamored enough with Tyreke Evans that if they trade for the 5th pick he will go there. That could potentially set off a chain reaction that leaves Harden the loser on draft night.

Baller1
06-19-2009, 12:43 PM

You're right. Westbrook made it clear to Scott Brooks that he wants to remain a PG in the NBA and to continue to develop at that position. However, if Rubio falls to us at 3, I think it's an automatic pick. I say it's automatic because we don't necessarily have to keep him, I could see the Thunder trading Rubio (or 3rd pick) due to Rubio's such incredible vaule at this point.

I think you're right though, if Rubio isn't there at 3. I think OKC will take Harden, and that is who I really want us to get. He fits in perfectly as a SG on that team with a strong all-around game. He hits the open jumper, which is all we will need with Durant, Green, and Westbrook doing plenty of scoring.

Baller1
06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh, he's the second-best prospect in mine. I'd take him over anyone in this draft who didn't wear 23 for Oklahoma. The possibility of him falling is very, very unlikely, and it relies on like four different factors all lining up in one direction, but it is certainly possible depending on the directions of a bunch of GM's.

The most likely scenario I see for Harden is going 5 to whoever trades for the Washington pick. However, there are a few teams enamored enough with Tyreke Evans that if they trade for the 5th pick he will go there. That could potentially set off a chain reaction that leaves Harden the loser on draft night.

The Thunder might pass up on Thabeet for Harden. Just speculation of course.

theuuord
06-19-2009, 12:49 PM
The Thunder might pass up on Thabeet for Harden. Just speculation of course.

I mean there are literally dozens of possibilities. I can't go into all of them. Memphis could even end up drafting Harden too. The only time we'll know for sure is June 25th.

Baller1
06-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I mean there are literally dozens of possibilities. I can't go into all of them. Memphis could even end up drafting Harden too. The only time we'll know for sure is June 25th.

True. The only reason I said that though is because OKC seems to be really high on Harden, although, I don't know how other teams are looking at him.

JWO35
06-19-2009, 01:41 PM
BJ Mullens will fail miserably :pity:
(Kwame Brown 2.0)

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 03:07 PM
clippers-griffin
memphis-thabeet
thunder-harden
kings-rubio

everyone gets what they want there.

Obviously Griffin is the no. 1 prospect in the draft, so the Clipps get him.

the grizzlies liked thabeet from the start, and there was even word that if they got the number one pick that theyd select him or trade down for him.

James Harden is the perfect pick for the thunder. Durant can play small forward and then theyd have a perimeter or pg westbrook sg harden sf durant which is a very bright future for years to come. I really think Harden is one of the most NBA ready players in the draft.

The kings will be amazingly happy if/when Rubio falls to them, but its becoming more and more clear that he will fall there. Sacramento also gets the guy they wanted from the start. the kings are in need of a point guard for the future, becasue realistically, Beno is just a really good back up.

I expect theWizards to draft Jordan Hill and possibly trade Antwan Jamison to the cavs, as it has been rumored lately.

I think honestly when its all ssaid and down, teams 1-3 are going to be pissed that they passed on Ricky Rubio because in 3 years he'll be a top 3 point guard in this league and whoever has him will be championship contenders because:

-good defensive point guard
-makes his teammates better
-great feel for the game
-great court vision
-great passer
-improving shooter(everyones knock on rubio is that he cant shoot the ball...he shot 43% from 3 point range last year. thats only at the age of 18, so thatll continue to improve)

Blake Griffin will be the next Amar'e Stoudemire
Hasheem Thabeet will be the next Mutumbo
James Harden will be the next Paul Pierce
Ricky Rubio will be the next Jason Kidd

(those are all best case scenarios)

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM
A must read piece in TrueHoop about Minnesota's point guard workout. (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-116/Minnesota-s-Massive-Point-Guard-Workout.html)

BTownTeamsRKing
06-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I wanna throw this in.

nomally i am 100% against drafting international besides yao.

i hated yi, bargs, galinari, that top 10 pick by the magic who never played, and many others, HOWEVER

RICKY RUBIO is the real effen DEAL. man that kid is sick. i never watched before, but i watched some highlights and i have never seen such amazing passing since steve nash.

this kid is not a project by any means. ROY straight up. clippers are stupid for taking griffin first. this kid is that next amazing point guard. props to Spain for this amazing young player.

GrandDaddyPurp
06-19-2009, 09:02 PM
the kings aren't taking holiday

droalex
06-19-2009, 09:11 PM
^Thanks. For that link.

lakers4sho
06-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I wanna throw this in.

nomally i am 100% against drafting international besides yao.

i hated yi, bargs, galinari, that top 10 pick by the magic who never played, and many others, HOWEVER

RICKY RUBIO is the real effen DEAL. man that kid is sick. i never watched before, but i watched some highlights and i have never seen such amazing passing since steve nash.

this kid is not a project by any means. ROY straight up. clippers are stupid for taking griffin first. this kid is that next amazing point guard. props to Spain for this amazing young player.

As much as I'm a big fan of Ricky, I don't know if he'll end up being ROY. Even though, I agree that he'll be a top PG someday, his first year should be a year of adjustment from Euroball to the NBA. His progress should be sped up if he gets the proper minutes. I think the best situation for him would be Sacramento, given that they don't have an up-and-coming point guard and they run a quick offense.

I don't blame the Clippers for taking Griffin. He is the consensus #1 pick by just about everyone. However, I'll probably blame them in the future for ruining this kid's future.

Giannis94
06-19-2009, 10:55 PM
who do you see the milwaukee bucks taking i'd like them to move up

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Ricky Rubio will be the first player taken in the top 5 to lead his team to the playoffs.

when hes jumpshot is done improviing(hes up to 43% from three point range so i dont see how people underrate his jumpshot so much), hell be everything anyone would want in a point guard

loufor2
06-19-2009, 11:11 PM
And I will!

Hill is an intriguing prospect for sure, but he's not a particularly efficient scorer inside for a college big man, and turns the ball over a LOT. He could develop into a decent big man, but if you're expecting anything of star potential I'd put good money on your disappointment.

I feel that okc will certainly take harden. While i agree that the combo of rubio and westbrook would make for an exciting backcourt, they would have the smallest line up in the NBA. It's Basically like 2 pg's, 2 sf's (durant,green), and a center (collision, nenad...?)

Also, Hill reminds me a lot of Mareese Speights from last years draft (which was a stronger draft class) They have a similar skill set and build.

I also do not think Holiday will even be a lottery pick wuite honestly. No way he goes in t he top 5.

AI4MVP
06-19-2009, 11:16 PM
loufor, not onnly will holiday be a lottery pick, hes a lottery LOCK. i guaranttee you he doesnt get passed phoenix at 14

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
^Thanks. For that link.

No problem. :cool:

loufor2
06-19-2009, 11:26 PM
we shall see in 6 days. I know he was highly recruited but he didn't impress me to much in college. Some mocks have him going high, while some have him going low. He folded under the pressure in college which is what may happen if he is taken highly in the NBA. I won't disagree that he has great potential.

loufor2
06-19-2009, 11:31 PM
we shall see in 6 days. I know he was highly recruited but he didn't impress me to much in college. Some mocks have him going high, while some have him going low. He folded under the pressure in college which is what may happen if he is taken highly in the NBA. I won't disagree that he has great potential.

Beno7500
06-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Rubio to Sacramento. Please, if there is a god.

Sean McG
06-20-2009, 05:58 PM
The draft is on my birthday this year, I hope I get a nice present from Sam Presti. Also hoping that present is James Harden, or Hasheem Thabeet, if he's available, but I don't think he will be. I guess I'll post a mock in a bit, pretty bored in anticipation for the NBA/NHL drafts.

Korman12
06-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Thought: Will Milwaukee screw up their top 10 first round selection again?

Baller1
06-20-2009, 06:47 PM
The draft is on my birthday this year, I hope I get a nice present from Sam Presti. Also hoping that present is James Harden, or Hasheem Thabeet, if he's available, but I don't think he will be. I guess I'll post a mock in a bit, pretty bored in anticipation for the NBA/NHL drafts.

I'm starting to lean toward Harden for OKC. I'm loving his game, and it fits in perfectly with who we already have.

Kakaroach
06-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Thought: Will Milwaukee screw up their top 10 first round selection again? Interesting thought lol. Who knows, they have done it a lot before.

MiamiHeat
06-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm very impressed with Ricky Rubio, I seen some highlights and this guy is amazing
can't wait to see him in the NBA

ESaady
06-20-2009, 08:50 PM
For some reason I feel like Nelson is going to take Jrue Holiday. He is big, and about 200 pounds, although he doesn't have a solid outside shot, the Warriors have enough shooters to fill that void.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
David Stern:With the 9th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select Demar Derozan out of University of Southern California.

Toronto Fans: (Thunderous applause and cheers) Thank You, Brian Colangelo.

Conlangelo: Don't mention it.

Beno7500
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I hope this happens

Clippers:Griffin
Memphis:Not Rubio
OKC: Not Rubio
Sacramento: Rubio

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Darren Collison or Marcus Thronton to the Lakers please.

Chateamsfan
06-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Gerald Henderson to Bobcats! If MJ and the Front Office has any sense at all!

what54!?
06-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Darren Collison or Marcus Thronton to the Lakers please.don't think he slips that far

just hope the heat move up

AllTheWay
06-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Why not? A lot of mocks have him going into the second round...

what54!?
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I think someone will take a chance on him somewhere between 16-24

SouljahPhil...
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Lakers will take Cassippi or Jerebko or Beaubois with their 1st if not I'm sure they will trade it...seems mitch comments leads that way....

lakers4sho
06-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Lakers will take Cassippi or Jerebko or Beaubois with their 1st if not I'm sure they will trade it...seems mitch comments leads that way....

Who who and who??

For the first one did you mean Omri Casspi? If so then he's going in the early 20s on most draft boards so there's no way we'd get him.

loufor2
06-21-2009, 09:58 PM
im not a lakers fan but he could easily fall to you guys. The mocks can be very inaccurate at times. Players fall all of the time! Ex frome last year: Darrell Arthur. He was projected as a lottery pick and he was drafted close to 30th!!

Sixers will end up with Eric Maynor. He'll be one of the best pg from this draft class!

DenButsu
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
im not a lakers fan but he could easily fall to you guys. The mocks can be very inaccurate at times. Players fall all of the time! Ex frome last year: Darrell Arthur. He was projected as a lottery pick and he was drafted close to 30th!!

Sixers will end up with Eric Maynor. He'll be one of the best pg from this draft class!

That's probably just about the most atypical example you could come up with. He'd most definitely have been a solid lottery pick if not for the reports about his medical condition that scared all those teams with top picks away from using them on him.

loufor2
06-21-2009, 10:25 PM
ok then...how about brook lopez from last year. He was a sure fire top 5 pick in every single mock and he went 10th to NJ...and how about Deandre Jordan, he was projected as a sure fire first rounder and every mock and he went in the second. I am just trying to prove that mocks are often time very inaccurate so don't think any players are out of reach!

theuuord
06-21-2009, 10:26 PM
ok then...how about brook lopez from last year. He was a sure fire top 5 pick in every single mock and he went 12th to NJ...and how about Deandre Jordan, he was projected as a sure fire first rounder and every mock and he went in the second. I am just trying to prove that mocks are often time very inaccurate so don't think any players are out of reach!

Yeah DeAndre Jordan or CDR would have been my examples. And hell in this draft where pretty much every player from about 10-25 is ranked about evenly you could find a guy you like dropping VERY far or being taken 10 spots ahead of where you expected.

AllTheWay
06-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't mind Casspi...

RapssRULzzz16
06-21-2009, 11:03 PM
David Stern:With the 9th pick in the 2009 NBA draft, the Toronto Raptors select Demar Derozan out of University of Southern California.

Toronto Fans: (Thunderous applause and cheers) Thank You, Brian Colangelo.

Conlangelo: Don't mention it.

You got it bro. It'll be music to my ears as well. I just can't wait to see derozan in a raptors uniform!!!....BC please dont screw this one up!!!!!!!!!!!(i know you won't but still!!!!!!!!!)

And also can't wait for the draft. It may be a weak draft, but it's also a very interesting and important draft for a lot of teams because basically every things up for grabs after the 1st pick.

theimortalone
06-21-2009, 11:17 PM
The Phoenix Suns have promised Earl Clark that they will draft him:
This makes me so happy as a Suns fan! Earl Clark is gonna be something very very special!
http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=283

jacquewho?
06-22-2009, 12:23 AM
1. L.A. Clippers - Blake Griffin - I haven't heard any rumors/news that talk about LA moving this pick. So for now, as Dunleavy has said, the Clippers will take Griffin here.

2. Memphis - Hasheem Thabeet - It's tough to determine what will be of this pick come draft night, as it is most likely to be traded from what I've heard. But this mock isn't about trades, so if Memphis keeps the pick, I am led to believe that Thabeet will be picked to put next to Gasol down low.

3. OKC - James Harden - Another pick that could be moved come draft night, OKC will have a tough decision to make here. Keep it and draft Harden/Hill or trade it? However, I believe that OKC will keep the pick if Memphis doesn't take Harden. Getting Harden on this team will add another great scorer to this team so opponents aren't always on Kevin Durant the entire game. This makes sense over Jordan Hill here, as the Thunder would have Krstic at C, Green at PF, Durant SF, Harden SG, and Westy at PG.

4. Kings - Ricky Rubio - Like in my last mock draft, Rubio falls to the Kings at 4, just like they wanted to. However, with the numerous amount of teams aiming to trade up in front of the Kings to get him, I HIGHLY doubt this pick will come true come draft night. Expect Jrue Holliday to be taken here if Rubio is off the board. Jonny Flynn and Tyreke Evans are others on the rise.

5. Wizards - Stephen Curry - Sorry Knicks fans, but Curry gets snagged here. With nobody at the SG position for the Wiz, Curry would be a great long-term answer here. However, I don't think the Wizards will have this pick on the draft night. It's been one of the most talked about picks in trade rumors, with teams like the Mavericks, Pacers, and TBlazers coming up the most.

6. TWolves - Tyreke Evans - Wolves are very high on Curry and Evans, so with Curry gone this makes the pick a lot easier for the front office. Curry gives them a combo guard who is very effective and can contribute immediately.

7. Warriors - Jordan Hill - Don Nelson isn't big on playing rookies (see Brandan Wright, Anthony Randolph), so I could definatley see this pick being traded. If they decide to keep the pick, I think a PG would be the best way to go, but there have been many reports that have led me to believe that if Hill is available here, the Warriors will take him (Draft Express says Nelson promised him he wouldn't fall below 7 on draft night). He would be a good value pick if he does fall on draft night.

8. Knicks - Jrue Holliday - With Chris Duhon's poor performance in the 2nd half of the season, getting Holliday here would be an excellent pick and Donnie Walsh should be charged with burglary. However, a recent rumor has Donnie interested in Jordan Hill if he falls to them. But it seems that he won't make it past no.7, and Curry is most likely to go before the Knicks anyways.

9. Raptors - Demar DeRozan - This would be an excellent pick for the Raptors with DeRozan falling to them. Some question his maturity, but the talent level is there and can immediately contribute to this team.

10. Bucks - Jonny Flynn - Some say that the Bucks love Jeff Teague and may take him here, but he would be such a reach at 10. So the only way that happens is if they trade down, which I don't see happening when Jonny Flynn and Brandon Jennings are still here. In this case, Flynn is having the better workouts and would fit well here if Sessions leaves during FA.

11. Nets - James Johnson - Seems like the reports out of New Joisey have the Nets liking Johnson and are very high on him. So I'm not led otherwise to believe they will go anywhere else with this pick, but Dejuan Blair is another to consider here.

12. Bobcats - DeJuan Blair - Apparently the Bobcats love this guy and Larry Brown loves him too. Larry says his lack of height is made up for by his incredible strength. Another possibility here is BJ Mullens.

13. Pacers - Brandon Jennings - Pacers need to go B/A here, and Jennings fits that bill. Pacers also lack a PG for the future and some depth there as well. Jarrett Jack is there for the time being until the Pacers are ready to contend again, and Jennings can be there in the long-run to really help us win it all.

14. Suns - BJ Mullens - Shaq's heir? I don't see Robin Lopez being the long-term answer, so getting someone like Mullens to play behind Shaq/Amare for a year would be a good idea.

15. Pistons - Earl Clark - A draft promise was given to Daye from what rumors are saying, but Clark overall is the better player.

16. Bulls - Gerald Henderson - Excellent pickup here for the Bulls, as Henderson falls out of the lottery. A logical pick if Gordon doesn't come back.

17. 76ers - Ty Lawson - What if Andre Miller doesn't return?

18. TWolves - Terrence Williams - Player who could see many minutes backing up Mike Miller and Randy Foye.

19. Hawks - Chase Budinger - Time to get a legit 6th man for this team.

20. Jazz - Tyler Hansbrough - A backup to Kirilenko and Milsap on the team, a B/A pick here.

jacquewho?
06-22-2009, 12:24 AM
I made that Top 20 mock draft on the 17th, and will probably do an updated version tomorrow.

DenButsu
06-22-2009, 12:36 AM
I made that Top 20 mock draft on the 17th, and will probably do an updated version tomorrow.

Who is Ryan Feldman and why do you believe that he actually knows anything or has any insider information? Looks pretty bogus to me, like nothing more than if some random PSD poster wrote a blog saying the same thing, based on nothing more than their own theories. :shrug:

jacquewho?
06-22-2009, 01:01 AM
What? Do you have the wrong thread? I don't mention Ryan Feldman at all...

DenButsu
06-22-2009, 02:34 AM
What? Do you have the wrong thread? I don't mention Ryan Feldman at all...

He wrote the blog entry you linked to.

theuuord
06-22-2009, 09:23 AM

No, that was the guy above him.

jacquewho?
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM

No. Thats wasn't me.

AirJordanXVIII
06-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Hopefully Brandon Jennings drops to the Sixers at 17.

NastyRud
06-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Here's the list of players who have been invited to sit in the Green Room for the draft.

1. Blake Griffin
2. James Harden
3. Hasheem Thabeet
4. Ricky Rubio
5. Jordan Hill
6. Tyreke Evans
7. Stephen Curry
8. Jonny Flynn
9. Demar DeRozan
10. Jrue Holiday
11. Gerald Henderson
12. Brandon Jennings
13. Tyler Hansbrough
14. B.J. Mullens (potentially declining)
15. James Johnson (declining invite)
16. Eric Maynor (potentially declining)

link for the rest of the story

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-22nd-3276

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Derozen 9th on the list.

Maybe it's a sign.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I like the fact the Hansbrough is there.

He is a mid to late 1st round pick but he has done so much for College Basketball for the 4 years he was at UNC.

oshea225
06-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Here's the list of players who have been invited to sit in the Green Room for the draft.

1. Blake Griffin
2. James Harden
3. Hasheem Thabeet
4. Ricky Rubio
5. Jordan Hill
6. Tyreke Evans
7. Stephen Curry
8. Jonny Flynn
9. Demar DeRozan
10. Jrue Holiday
11. Gerald Henderson
12. Brandon Jennings
13. Tyler Hansbrough
14. B.J. Mullens (potentially declining)
15. James Johnson (declining invite)
16. Eric Maynor (potentially declining)

link for the rest of the story

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-22nd-3276

so basically i'll be meeting:
1. Blake Griffin
2. James Harden
3. Hasheem Thabeet
4. Ricky Rubio
5. Jordan Hill
6. Tyreke Evans
7. Stephen Curry
8. Jonny Flynn
9. Demar DeRozan
10. Jrue Holiday
11. Gerald Henderson
12. Brandon Jennings
13. Tyler Hansbrough
14. B.J. Mullens .. maybe
15. Eric Maynor .. maybe

NastyRud
06-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I like the fact the Hansbrough is there.

He is a mid to late 1st round pick but he has done so much for College Basketball for the 4 years he was at UNC.

I have a hunch the crowd is going to go nuts when he is called.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2009, 11:07 PM
^

Ya me too.

I think he's be solid in the NBA as a 6th or 7th man. I don't know why people are putting him down so much.

clutchski
Derozen 9th on the list.

Maybe it's a sign.

:clap: it is a sign

GiantYankKnicks
Terrance Williams should be on that list since it looks like he wont fall past 12 and Charlotte

Raps08-09 Champ
06-22-2009, 11:08 PM
so basically i'll be meeting:
1. Blake Griffin
2. James Harden
3. Hasheem Thabeet
4. Ricky Rubio
5. Jordan Hill
6. Tyreke Evans
7. Stephen Curry
8. Jonny Flynn
9. Demar DeRozan
10. Jrue Holiday
11. Gerald Henderson
12. Brandon Jennings
13. Tyler Hansbrough
14. B.J. Mullens .. maybe
15. Eric Maynor .. maybe

Shout out "Raps08-09 Champ" when they show you on T.V.

AI4MVP
06-23-2009, 12:05 AM
why would you ever decline on invitation to sit in the green room and go up and shake the commisioners hand when he calls ur name? isnt tha everyone kids dream?

david stern:"james johnson, youve offically been invited to sit in the green room at the nba draft. congratualtions"

james johnson:"nawww im aiight thanks fo da invite tho mistah comish"

jacquewho?
06-23-2009, 12:09 AM
why would you ever decline on invitation to sit in the green room and go up and shake the commisioners hand when he calls ur name? isnt tha everyone kids dream?

david stern:"james johnson, youve offically been invited to sit in the green room at the nba draft. congratualtions"

james johnson:"nawww im aiight thanks fo da invite tho mistah comish"

Maybe they wanted to go fishing with their dad like Joe Thomas did on NFL Draft Day (I may have the wrong guy).

J$mo0th_3o5
06-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Jack McClinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacquewho?
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Only have time for a lotto one. My last one before the draft!

1. Clippers - Blake Griffin - Need I say more?

2. Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio - With everything that I have read recently, I truly believe that the Grizz will go after Rubio, but will trade him to the Wolves for the 5th and 18th picks. Management is torn on Thabeet, so this seems like the right move IMO.

3. Thunder - James Harden - So since Rubio isn't here, looks like the Thunder will unfortunately have to make the move that makes the most sense for the team.

4. Kings - Tyreke Evans - Kings like Evans just as much as they did Rubio, and don't have to worry about paying for a buyout now.

5. TWolves - Hasheem Thabeet - While it may seem unlikely Thabeet falls in real life, I think there is a slight chance he does if the Grizzlies do indeed pass up on him to pick Rubio for trading (which is probably the only reason they do pick him). Grizzlies get some value, get their guy, and don't have to pay him 2nd pick money.

6. TWolves - Stephen Curry - Sorry Knicks fans. Wolves get their SG and have a very successful draft, coming out with Evans and Curry.

7. Warriors - Jordan Hill - Well, Don Nelson really likes him and said that if he is still there at 7, they would take him. There is a slight chance he could fall if the Wolves end up picking DeRozan instead of Curry, cause apparently the Warriors love Curry just as much as they do Hill. Don't be surprised if they trade down and swap picks with the Pacers, as Bird would love to get his hands on Hill.

8. Knicks - Demar DeRozan - Oh no, everything is falling out of place now. Knicks still get a SG here even though he is not named Curry. Still a decent pick, and Demar is one of the most NBA ready prospects in this draft.

9. Raptors - James Johnson - Unfortunately, their guy Demar didn't fall to them like last few mock drafts I've had. I like Johnson here to the Raps, as he will probably start at SF for them right away.

10. Bucks - Jonny Flynn - Worried Sessions may leave, the Bucks steal Flynn here and are charged with burglary.

11. Nets - Tyler Hansborough- Interesting pick here by the Nets, but reports have said that they are very impressed with Hansborough and feel that he can play the 4 well. Terrence Williams is another possibility here.

12. Bobcats - DeJuan Blair - Larry loves this guy from what I've heard and is no.1 on their board, so this works out nicely.

13. Pacers - Jrue Holliday - Bummer for Bird, he becomes a hypocrite and goes potential over experience here.

14. Suns - Earl Clark - No Jennings here, with reoprts they are trying to re-sign Nash long-term. Clark fills an immediate need at SF for this team.

mzgrizz
06-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Only have time for a lotto one. My last one before the draft!

1. Clippers - Blake Griffin - Need I say more?

2. Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio - With everything that I have read recently, I truly believe that the Grizz will go after Rubio, but will trade him to the Wolves for the 5th and 18th picks. Management is torn on Thabeet, so this seems like the right move IMO.

3. Thunder - James Harden - So since Rubio isn't here, looks like the Thunder will unfortunately have to make the move that makes the most sense for the team.

4. Kings - Tyreke Evans - Kings like Evans just as much as they did Rubio, and don't have to worry about paying for a buyout now.

5. TWolves - Hasheem Thabeet - While it may seem unlikely Thabeet falls in real life, I think there is a slight chance he does if the Grizzlies do indeed pass up on him to pick Rubio for trading (which is probably the only reason they do pick him). Grizzlies get some value, get their guy, and don't have to pay him 2nd pick money.

6. TWolves - Stephen Curry - Sorry Knicks fans. Wolves get their SG and have a very successful draft, coming out with Evans and Curry.

7. Warriors - Jordan Hill - Well, Don Nelson really likes him and said that if he is still there at 7, they would take him. There is a slight chance he could fall if the Wolves end up picking DeRozan instead of Curry, cause apparently the Warriors love Curry just as much as they do Hill. Don't be surprised if they trade down and swap picks with the Pacers, as Bird would love to get his hands on Hill.

8. Knicks - Demar DeRozan - Oh no, everything is falling out of place now. Knicks still get a SG here even though he is not named Curry. Still a decent pick, and Demar is one of the most NBA ready prospects in this draft.

9. Raptors - James Johnson - Unfortunately, their guy Demar didn't fall to them like last few mock drafts I've had. I like Johnson here to the Raps, as he will probably start at SF for them right away.

10. Bucks - Jonny Flynn - Worried Sessions may leave, the Bucks steal Flynn here and are charged with burglary.

11. Nets - Tyler Hansborough- Interesting pick here by the Nets, but reports have said that they are very impressed with Hansborough and feel that he can play the 4 well. Terrence Williams is another possibility here.

12. Bobcats - DeJuan Blair - Larry loves this guy from what I've heard and is no.1 on their board, so this works out nicely.

13. Pacers - Jrue Holliday - Bummer for Bird, he becomes a hypocrite and goes potential over experience here.

14. Suns - Earl Clark - No Jennings here, with reoprts they are trying to re-sign Nash long-term. Clark fills an immediate need at SF for this team.

I like your analysis but what do the Grizz want with the 2 other picks???
I'd prefer #1 keeping Rubio to PLAY
#2 Drafting Thabeet to PLAY

JWO35
06-23-2009, 10:44 PM

:dance: Pisotns taking Brandon Jennings *Priceless*

camador22
06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
1. Clippers- Blake Griffin
2. Grizzles- Ricky Rubio
3. Thunder- Hasheem Thabeet
4. Kings- Tyreke Evans
5. Wolves- James harden
6. Wolves- Stephen Curry
7. Warriors- Jordan Hill
8. Knicks- Brandon Jennings
9. Raptors- DeMar DeRozen
10. Bucks- Jonny Flynn

bball1217
06-24-2009, 01:22 AM
1. Clippers - Blake Griffin
2. Grizzles - Ricky Rubio
3. Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet
4. Kings - Jonny Flynn
5. Wolves - Jordan Hill
6. Wolves - James Harden
7. Warriors - Tyreke Evans
8. Knicks - Stephen Curry
9. Raptors - DeMar DeRozen
10. Bucks - Jrue Holiday
11. Nets - Terrence Williams
12. Bobcats - Gerald Henderson
13. Pacers - Brandon Jennings
14. Suns - Earl Clark

TRADE: T-Wolves trade 5th (Hill) and 18th to Grizzlies for 2nd (Rubio)

Chateamsfan
06-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know how the Bobcats could get Tyler Hansbrough without trading our 12th pick?

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 04:25 AM
Meanwhile, inside the basketball offices at Florida State, the phones have been ringing. Seminoles assistant coach Stan Jones said just about every NBA team has called to make inquiries about {Toney} Douglas. The Chicago Bulls, Sacramento Kings and Denver Nuggets have been among the teams that have called the most, Jones said.bostonherald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/20090624florida_states_toney_douglas_hopes_his_wor k_ethic_pays_off/srvc=home&position=recent)

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Enough with all the side talk, please, everyone, let's just keep this thread on topic.

JayW_1023
06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Harden may be the more polished player now...but Tyreke Evans has far more upside than Harden. Picking Harden over Evans will be a mistake.

24/7 All Day
06-24-2009, 12:01 PM
demar is one of the most NBA-ready prospects? WTF?! are you kidding me? great potential but i would argue he's one of the LEAST NBA-ready prospects.

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 12:43 PM
NBA Draft 2009 Countdown Clock (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=6&day=25&year=2009&hour=7pm&min=0&sec=0&p0=179)

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
why would the knicks take demar when we plan one having Wilson Chandler get burn at the 2? It really is between Flynn and Jennings if we stay put at the 8th spot if you ask me

theuuord
06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Harden may be the more polished player now...but Tyreke Evans has far more upside than Harden. Picking Harden over Evans will be a mistake.

Upside is a dangerous, dangerous word. Harden is one of the most sneakily athletic players in the draft - he doesn't wow you with his athleticism, but he's a crazily effective player and similarly a crazily efficient scorer. He's more athletic than people think and his "upside" is as good as anyone in this draft.

I have Harden and Evans 1 and 2 as far as shooting guards (although Evans gets an edge for being able to play point), although both have the chance to be very good players.

KnickaBockas
06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
i think that harden is better then evans now and even when they both reach thier primes or potential i would still rather have harden.... His ceiling is just as high as evans's is in my opinion

camador22
06-24-2009, 09:42 PM

Agreed. The Kings will be smart and select Evans before Harden.

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 09:54 PM
By this time tomorrow, we'll know what went down.

theuuord
06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
By this time tomorrow, we'll know what went down.

probably not. knowing the draft there's at least one announced trade post-draft every year.

Sean McG
06-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Does anyone know how the Bobcats could get Tyler Hansbrough without trading our 12th pick?

Taking him at 12? Lmao.

Less than 21 hours, wooo. More excited about this than my birthday tomorrow, ahaha.

Chateamsfan
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Taking him at 12? Lmao.

Less than 21 hours, wooo. More excited about this than my birthday tomorrow, ahaha.

No I mean trading back into 1st after 12th pick. I want Terrence Williams at 12. Maybe we should trade with New Orleans or Utah to get Hansbrough.

JWO35
06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know why Brandon Jennings' stock is falling as of late???

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 10:19 PM
probably not. knowing the draft there's at least one announced trade post-draft every year.

:rolleyes: Okay, then. We'll know 98% of what went down.

TYoung21
06-24-2009, 10:21 PM

Character concerns, they think he's too cocky by calling out Rubio, which I liked :). He also reportedly acted as a diva during workouts not taking drills seriously...

Unec
06-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Sixers 1. stay at 17 and take TY LAWSON 2. "SOMEHOW" make a trade with the t wolves to land curry or flynn 3. trade DALEMBERT for a late 1st rd pick and use 17 & the late pick to take LAWSON & ELLINGTON :-)

DenButsu
06-24-2009, 10:23 PM

My takeaway from this writeup on the guard workouts in Minny (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-116/Minnesota-s-Massive-Point-Guard-Workout.html) was that he has a lot of upside but remains extremely raw. Maybe teams are worried about not being able to develop him?

loki34
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
so he can get drafted to a playoff team

banglawiz
06-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Sixers 1. stay at 17 and take TY LAWSON 2. "SOMEHOW" make a trade with the t wolves to land curry or flynn 3. trade DALEMBERT for a late 1st rd pick and use 17 & the late pick to take LAWSON & ELLINGTON :-)

The Lakers will Gladely take Delembert for their first round pick...But u guys have take a player from us to make the saleries match...

TYoung21
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
^^Ok give me Gasol :D

IBleedPurple
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Nuggets need to trade up and get a PG. Learning from Billups could accelerate any young player's development.

GiantYankKnicks
06-25-2009, 01:15 PM
According to Yahoo the Knicks have bought the Lakers 29 pick

Baller1
06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
According to Yahoo the Knicks have bought the Lakers 29 pick

Post the link.

Edit: Nevermind, there's a thread on it.

CTown81
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Cavs Rumor since the moderators keep deleting my LEGIT thread and not responding to my messages.

Per Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Cavs have deal on table with TWolves for #5 pick.

Cavs send 30th pick, Hickson, Cash to Wolves for #5 if Rubio is there.

Skip the actual story on Shaq in the link and look for comments from PDWindhorst. Its Brian. Folks are not allowed to have screenames with PD in front of them unless they are employed by CPD. Not saying its gonna happen but a legit rumor. Cavs are trying to get in top 10 to get a PG.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2009/06/like_the_cleveland_cavaliers_d.html

BTownTeamsRKing
06-25-2009, 05:03 PM
thats a horrendous deal for minny

CTown81
06-25-2009, 05:07 PM
The only thing I can think of is that if they really cant get a deal done for #2 they might not want to pay the money for the 5 and 6 picks... Hickson has some real talent but I agree it seems like its missing a piece.

Danny Ferry has been trying to trade up in the draft though all week but I was figuring more around the 15th pick.

Patrick Swayze
06-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Michael jackson just died :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

jiggin
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I am waiting for the blazers to start making their usual storm on the draft. only one trade and it was very minor...I thought they would be more active with the excess players and excessive picks.

A lot could still happen.

If rubio ends up with the cavs, the rest of the league should just give them the title.

Sean McG
06-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Aaaaah can't believe it's finally here. We're going to know what happens, it's killing me.

DenButsu
06-25-2009, 07:13 PM
A Nuggets blogger recaps a radio interview with Denver exec Mark Warkentien:

The funniest part of the interview occured when Wark was asked about the NBA potential of Hasheem Thabeet. To paraphrase ... Have you ever been in a bar around midnight or 1 a.m.? You ever drink (someone) pretty? Well, when you wake up Friday morning from a long Thursday night you want to be proud of what you have.

Safe to say that the Nuggets front office is not high on the 7'3'' UCONN project.P&R (http://www.pickaxeandroll.com/2009/6/25/924864/nuggets-draft-update-may-trade-up)

KmB728
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Cant wait for the 58th pick! :laugh2:

theuuord
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I've been so shocked by the Carter trade and MJ's death that the draft has taken a complete back seat in my thoughts.

This is weird because the entire month prior to this my mind has been draftdraftdraft.

Coming back now though. I stand by my original predictions/ideas.

torontosports10
06-25-2009, 07:25 PM
Time does this start? 8est time?

superkegger
06-25-2009, 07:25 PM
God, what a wonderful interview with rubio. that was so informative and worthwhile.

Living Legend
06-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Ricky Rubio will fall like a stone

That dude is all hype.

Stephon Curry looks like the steal of this draft - he will go higher then predicted.

tr4shb0t
06-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Ricky Rubio will fall like a stone

That dude is all hype.

Stephon Curry looks like the steal of this draft - he will go higher then predicted.

I agree.

Rubio feels like a choker and I don't think he will adapt well in the NBA. He is really small and weak, and if he doesn't have a jumper he's gonna get torn apart.

Curry seems confident, plus he already has a jumper down so he can work on other aspects of his game.

sacgiants1213
06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
with the 4th pick of the 2009 nba draft, the sacramento kings select Ricky Rubio from spain.

greg_ory_2005
06-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Sasha>>>>Griffin

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Cavs Rumor since the moderators keep deleting my LEGIT thread and not responding to my messages.

Per Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Cavs have deal on table with TWolves for #5 pick.

Cavs send 30th pick, Hickson, Cash to Wolves for #5 if Rubio is there.

Skip the actual story on Shaq in the link and look for comments from PDWindhorst. Its Brian. Folks are not allowed to have screenames with PD in front of them unless they are employed by CPD. Not saying its gonna happen but a legit rumor. Cavs are trying to get in top 10 to get a PG.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2009/06/like_the_cleveland_cavaliers_d.html

Why in the hell would Minnesota do that?

jiggin
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
blazers just traded s. rodriguez and the 38th pick to SMF for the 31st over all pick.

tr4shb0t
06-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Clippers FTW

Devils05
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Kings to take Flynn

td0tsfinest
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
surprised that Blake didn't wear something to match his team colours.

bleedprple&gold
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Wtf Blake Griffin? Totally did not see that coming? What were the Clips thinking...

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Memphis going Thabeat in my opinion

Devils05
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Andre Iguodala says he will be in the Sixers 'war room' to help pick out his new teammate.

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Yep

marvILLous
06-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Thabeet dont look too happy hhaahha

DenButsu
I just posted a draft board in the top post, which I will try to stay on top of with updates.

----------------------

Thabeet - bust?

sacgiants1213
1 more pick till rubio. Please :pray:

We need ricky rubio, badly!!!!!!

Corey
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Thabeet is going to be an absolute bust.

Burkey3472
06-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Thabeet I guess is an ok pick, he has no offensive game but memphis needs a shot blocker.

ManRam
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Obvious picks so far. I hate the Thabeet pick though. He's gonna get bullied in the NBA. He is a MAJOR project.

jiggin
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM
rubio going next pick to the thunder...they already have hired a law firm there to work on his buyout.

Hanzinho
06-25-2009, 07:50 PM
THABEET IS AWFUUUUL!!!!

And now memphis have 4 centers?????

LOL!!!

KmB728
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Hasheem, O.J, Gay,Gasol Connely,Arthur,Warrik... not to bad

greg_ory_2005
Thabeet = bust

bleedprple&gold
Thabeet is going to be an absolute bust.

Depends what you expect out of him. He can rebound and block shots, but that's about it....

Apophis
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
OKies took James Harden... hmmmmmmm

Ryan328
Thunder- James Harden

jiggin
WOW...they skipped rubio!

KmB728
They didnt pick Rubio!

Mckphins
Go on kings take rubio

Burkey3472
Hmmmm.......Harden

Devils05
Rubio will drop like a brick

ugafan
06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Rubio looks happy.
I wouldnt want to live in OKC either lol

Burkey3472
Kings should take Rubio now.

greg_ory_2005
Pretty obvious pick. They want Westbrook to be their point.

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Kings....Rubio or Evans?

Devils05
Kings to take Flynn

Kenny
Rubio looks happy.
I wouldnt want to live in OKC either lol

lol me either, or memphis

Sean McG
Yeeeee James Harden

sacgiants1213
take rubio!!!!

mitch91
how good will harden be?

all im hearing is he is the most polished player and a good all around player

mitch91
06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
i also read alot that the kings wernt to high on rubio

Cubs Win
06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
I like Harden for OKC. He's an SG, so there's no worry's about Rubio and Westbrook battling it out for the point and someone being out of position.

marvILLous
06-25-2009, 07:56 PM
ahahah wtf john salmons is in the draft??

ManRam
Good pick. OKC has their PG. They now get their swing man. They have a great starting 5 IMO.

slipcid
great pick by the thunder.

Cubs Win
06-25-2009, 07:57 PM
The Kings did just acquire Sergio today, could it make an easier transition for Rubio?

KmB728
Good pick. OKC has their PG. They now get their swing man. They have a great starting 5 IMO.

Now all they need is a solid young center

Ryan328
Kings select: Tyreke Evans

bleedprple&gold
I think the Kings take Evans and the T-Wolves take Rubio

kswissdaf
Sac-My sig

slipcid
tyreke to the kings

Burkey3472
No Rubio again, Evans is the pick.

mitch91
harden sounds like he has a solid head on his shoulders, should fit in well with thunder

i.got.the.nutz
06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Wow Rubio is slipping.

tr4shb0t
glad the Kings didn't go for Rubio

torontosports10
wow

Cubs Win
Oooh, I definitely think Rubio could go to Minny now. Last I heard that liked him a lot.

Ryan328
Wolves can grab Rubio now

Mckphins
rubio has to go to minn

JPHX
whoa kings take evans

greg_ory_2005
Kings will regret doing that.

Devils05
So much for those sources. Evans to Kings

JPHX
06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
watch rubio will slip to 48th.

Burkey3472
Rubio should go to Minny now.

kswissdaf
My prediction T-wolves select Rubio then Curry

mitch91
yeh min will take two gaurds here i think, rubio will be one of them.....will they take him with the 6th pick just to make him sweat abit lol

Cubs Win
06-25-2009, 08:01 PM
yeh min will take two gaurds here i think, rubio will be one of them.....will they take him with the 6th pick just to make him sweat abit lol

They should take him with the 5th if they plan to take him. It will give him a little more money to help meet the buyout.

greg_ory_2005
Rubio, Curry are my predictions.

Devils05
Kevin Love says Wolves will select Ricky Rubio.

Burkey3472
I can see Rubio, then maybe a trade.... if no trade maybe Curry.

nolin
rubio then Derozen

sacgiants1213
06-25-2009, 08:02 PM
the magoofs have lost their minds...

jesus christ.

Living Legend
Wolves selcet Curry and Jordan Hill

i.got.the.nutz
Rubio and Derozan to the Wolves.

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Rubio and Derozan to the Wolves.

Agreed

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Wolves- Ricky Rubio

kswissdaf
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Rubio gone

Living Legend
ewww rubio

Burkey3472
Rubio off the board.

Mckphins
06-25-2009, 08:05 PM
i just dont know about rubio

marvILLous
pleeeeease not derozan

DenButsu
The "USA, USA" chant is pretty ****ing tacky. :down:

kswissdaf
I would tke curry next he is going to be a star

Burkey3472
I really think Curry will be the pick here.

Living Legend
Curry to Golden State

Cubs Win
Haha..He just said Rubio has a "magical passing ability"

ShinobiNYC
06-25-2009, 08:06 PM
ewww rubio

I guarantee you you haven't watched more than 5 games from the kid.

mitch91
06-25-2009, 08:06 PM
how tall is curry? would a curry rubio backcourt be quite short?

they will go two guard though, if not il be shocked

Mckphins
06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Curry will be a star

kswissdaf
06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Why are the new yorkers given Rubio a hard time.....*** holes

greg_ory_2005
06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Why are the new yorkers given Rubio a hard time.....*** holes

They do that to everyone lol. :p

Corey
06-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Minnesota got lucky. Already got Rubio.

Steph Curry?

Cubs Win
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
From NBAdraft.net on Harden

Plus, anyone who wears that bowtie has to have a boatload of confidence.

:laugh:

kswissdaf
06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I see the Knicks taken flynn

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Wolves- Jonny Flynn....didnt see that

kswissdaf
nvm

i.got.the.nutz
WOwowow

marvILLous
wtf two point guards?

Burkey3472
They take Flynn.

greg_ory_2005
OMG Flynn!

Cubs Win
Two PGs?!?!?

Brooke
they pick Flynn

Corey
Flynn AND Rubio?

Damn.

tr4shb0t
didnt take Curry. Wow

Mckphins
wow flynn. Knicks fans are praying for curry

kswissdaf
2 point guards ......... possibly a trade

slipcid
wow j flynn... knicks pick curry

nolin
flynn will be traded.

mitch91
06-25-2009, 08:11 PM
am i right in saying that flynn is a pg aswell....im from ireland so im not 100% sure.

daaamn

Cubs Win
Rubio and Flynn could be interesting but I would've taken Curry or DeRozan over Flynn in their situation.

Nwsports22
Flynn will get traded

m26555
Must be a trade brewing.

mitch91

smart thinking

greg_ory_2005
am i right in saying that flynn is a pg aswell....im from ireland so im not 100% sure.

daaamn

Yep, he's a PG.

i.got.the.nutz
06-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I agree that Flynn will probably be traded.

The Prodigy

i dont think so. That could become a good backcourt sorta like dwill and fisher was. Could cause problems for other teams

Phxtoday
#6 - johnny flynn.

wtf noooooooooooo.

i wanted suns to get him lol

masalex1205
got to be a trade

Hanzinho
2 PG????

RUBIO TO BOSTOOOOOON!!!!!

GO McHALE!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

kswissdaf
06-25-2009, 08:13 PM
So many of these teams will regret passing on curry

Burkey3472
Flynn could be traded, we'll see, Knick fans are praying Curry drops.

Ryan328
Warriors going with who? In my mock I had Jordan Hill here

gsnts725
gotta be a trade

Cubs Win
06-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Flynn just whipped out the 3rd person!

cwilson21
I think Flynn will be traded. Was thinking DeRozan at this point but I'm far from sold on him.

superkegger
i just don't get the flynn pick. not a fan of it.

Master Mind
wtf

Hellcrooner
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
ok

its either

1 wtf are wolves thinking

2 please rubio to knicks or boston FOR rondo please please please

Burkey3472
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
They are saying Flynn wont be traded.

Ryan328
06-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Warriors- Stephen Curry

Brooke
Warriors get Curry

greg_ory_2005
Curry to GS :laugh2: at the knicks fans.

Burkey3472
Hahahaha, Curry gone, Knick fans are upset.

kswissdaf
hahahahahahah knicks fans