PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Hedo Turkoglu

ARMIN12NBA
06-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Hedo Turkoglu has played for three different championship potential winning squads. He has played with the Kings, Spurs, and Magic.

In 2002, the Kings potential 3-1 series lead was ruined after an all-time amazing shot by Robert Horry at the buzzer.

In 2004, Derek Fisher hit the infamous 0.4 shot against the Spurs which gave the Lakers a 3-2 lead and finished the Spurs off for good.

In 2009, Derek Fisher hit two huge shots and brought the Lakers back from 5 down with under 40 seconds left to play against the Magic.

The common factor to all three teams which spanned over 7 years? Hedo Turkoglu.

Damn, I feel bad for that dude. One man having to endure so many heart-breaking shots.

Lakersfan2483
06-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Hedo Turkoglu has played for three different championship potential winning squads. He has played with the Kings, Spurs, and Magic.

In 2002, the Kings potential 3-1 series lead was ruined after an all-time amazing shot by Robert Horry at the buzzer.

In 2004, Derek Fisher hit the infamous 0.4 shot against the Spurs which gave the Lakers a 3-2 lead and finished the Spurs off for good.

In 2009, Derek Fisher hit two huge shots and brought the Lakers back from 5 down with under 40 seconds left to play against the Magic.

Damn, I feel bad for that dude. One man having to endure so many heart-breaking shots.

It's funny that you brought this topic up, I was thinking the same thing the other day. Hedo has had to endure some serious heartache in his career. Teams must beware, stay away from Hedo. :):laugh:

lakerboy
06-19-2009, 03:09 AM
If he wants to come to LA for cheap, I'd still take him.

nikefreek220
06-19-2009, 03:13 AM
He is a very good player. But needs to go to a team where he can be the #2 option just like he was for the Magic. I dont think he is a #1 type of guy and will probably fade as a #3.

Kyle N.
06-19-2009, 03:35 AM
He is a very good player. But needs to go to a team where he can be the #2 option just like he was for the Magic. I dont think he is a #1 type of guy and will probably fade as a #3.

And to think he was the #7 or #8 on the Kings.

nikefreek220
06-19-2009, 03:39 AM
^^he should have been starting over Doug Christi. Hedo had the gay highlights on his hair lol.

Chronz
06-19-2009, 04:38 AM
All to the same team no less, damn thats comedy

BigEric
06-19-2009, 05:07 AM
He and his frosted tips shouldn't have and didn't start for Christie. Christie was a very vital part to that team.

Beno7500
06-19-2009, 05:20 AM
He would have gotten a ship with the Kings if the refs didnt help

DerekRE_3
06-19-2009, 05:53 AM
And to think he was the #7 or #8 on the Kings.

What's crazy is Gerald Wallace was behind Hedo. Peja/Hedo/Wallace. We had a ton of talent at the SF position back in the day.

JayW_1023
06-19-2009, 06:11 AM
His loss for not staying with the Spurs :p

But seriously, yes I feel bad for him. He is one of my favorite players in the league. He was already better than Peja in Sacramento and better than Shard in Orlando, but never got the same credit as them.

Ragun
06-19-2009, 08:02 AM
hedo played really bad during the games i watched during the finals. he forced way too many shots.

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 08:35 AM

In 2002 and 2004 you can use it as a curse because that is when he was on teams with HCA. However in 2009 he had to get by 2 teams just in the east without HCA.

CityofTreez
06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Curse? There was a guy named Kobe Bryant & the lakers

It's like Rick Adelman in comparison, had great teams, but there was a guy named Phil Jackson w/ Jordan & Bryant, so he never won a ring.

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
What's crazy is Gerald Wallace was behind Hedo. Peja/Hedo/Wallace. We had a ton of talent at the SF position back in the day.

Gerald Wallace didn't see the floor and Hedo wasn't really good yet.

Mc Uncle Cola
06-19-2009, 02:11 PM
i'd take hedo on my team

J_M_B
06-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Damn I feel bad for the guy

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
He wasn't really that important back then to the Kings and Spurs anyways.

ManRam
06-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think Hedo cursed the Magic. The fact that they made the Finals alone is impressive enough. It's not like they were favorites, and cursed because they lost. Underdog teams are never cursed...especially not over a one year span. He's just been on some bad luck teams.

Silent
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
what's crazy is gerald wallace was behind hedo. Peja/hedo/wallace. We had a ton of talent at the sf position back in the day.

now u have no talent lol j/k sac got robbed everyone knows it but if u draft right this year should be fun to watch gl kings

ARMIN12NBA
06-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Curse? There was a guy named Kobe Bryant & the lakers

It's like Rick Adelman in comparison, had great teams, but there was a guy named Phil Jackson w/ Jordan & Bryant, so he never won a ring.

I feel you. I put the word "Curse" for shock value. :laugh2: Anyways, simply the fact that he lost by heartbreaking last second ridiculous shots when he had a great, great chance to win (2 of the 3 he would have won the series) is what makes it so incredible.

Trouble87
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
nice find.... never knew that but wow thats weird

blazerman
06-19-2009, 04:53 PM

that is a nice trio of SF's, you'd a thought management would have kept at least one.:bang:

DerekRE_3
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
that is a nice trio of SF's, you'd a thought management would have kept at least one.:bang:

Well, our GM traded Peja at the perfect time, right before he was going to expire (he left the pacers after playing for them for not even half a season) and then he had and still has a ton of back problems. We got great value for an expiring guy in Ron Artest, who was pretty much the entire reason why we got to the playoffs as an 8 seed and pushed the Spurs to 6 games. Hedo, we got Brad Miller, a former all star center, who teamed up with Vlade perfectly while Webber was out with his knee injury. As for Wallace, he was buried on the depth chart, and the Kings left him unprotected in the expansion draft (could only protect 8 players). He wouldn't be the player he is today if the stayed on the Kings. Going to Charlotte was the best thing for his career.

DerekRE_3
06-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Gerald Wallace didn't see the floor and Hedo wasn't really good yet.

Well...Hedo was a lot younger, he had the talent back then and showed flashes of what he was going to become. Wallace came in as a 19 year old rookie who was really raw and was buried behind a lot of talented players. Also, when Wallace did see the floor, he also showed flashes of brilliance.

PhillyBoomerang
06-19-2009, 05:43 PM
unlucky dude, thats all i gotta say

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 07:01 PM
He must h8 the Lakers.

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 07:02 PM
i still hope he goes to Chicago.

ko8e24
06-19-2009, 07:18 PM

The same team that beat all three: Los Angeles Lakers

yanks 4lif3
06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Don't care, thats just a coincidence and I'd love to see him back with the Kings, but I know we probably don't have enough cap space to do that

basketfan4life
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
he is from my country,Turkiye,and we are all proud of him...especially that games 2 and 3 against the Lakers,and a lot of game winners during the playoffs,i love the guy.that game 2,he played the pg role all the game,he defended by ariza very tightly and at the end of the game,he defended Kobe very well 4 possessions in a row.Kobe scored only once during that span,and that was a shot that only Kobe Bryant could make...

the one good thing with these unlucky loses is he lost to the Lakers.i love Hidayet a lot but c'mon,this is Lake show baby...

LakerzDQ
06-19-2009, 10:02 PM

there's no wonder why we're the most hated team in the NBA

_Sn1P3r_
06-20-2009, 11:34 AM

Haha, I was going to point that out too.