PDA

View Full Version : 3-Way Trade

bball1217
06-19-2009, 02:08 AM
I saw this on ESPN's Draft Buzz:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/news/story?page=09DraftBuzz2

Trading Shaq or Stoudemire doesn't make much sense in the former scenario. Lose either guy, and the Suns are less likely to be a serious contender. Although the Suns seem way more inclined to move Shaq and keep Stoudemire, a Suns source conceded that both players could be moved, and it could correspond to moving up in this year's draft.

If that's the case, here's a theory (and that's all it is, folks, a theory): What if you combine the two most prominent Suns trade rumors into a mega three-way deal?

It would look like this:

The Suns send Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland and Amare Stoudemire to Washington.

The Cavs send Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to Washington.

The Wizards send the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Mike James and JaVale McGee to Phoenix and Antawn Jamison to Cleveland.
Call me crazy, but isn't this the ideal deal for all three teams?

The Suns would lose a lot of talent in the deal and basically would be blowing up the team. However, if they think they'll lose Stoudemire next summer anyway and don't believe they have a real shot at winning a title next season, why not get something for Stoudemire now and jump-start the rebuilding process?

In this deal, the Suns would pick up the No. 5 pick and McGee, a talented 7-footer who would be a good fit in Phoenix. More importantly for them, they would save a ton of cash next season. Pavlovic's salary is only partially guaranteed. Wallace likely could be bought out for less than he's owed. And the Suns would take back less money in the deal to begin with. When you factor in the reduction in luxury taxes and consider that they might save enough to eke below the dreaded luxury-tax line ... could owner Robert Sarver really pass on saving potentially $12-14 million in salary and penalties next season?

The Wizards essentially would replace Jamison, a couple of role players (Thomas and James) and two prospects (McGee and the No. 5 pick) with Stoudemire and Ilgauskas. Yes, Jamison is very important to the Wizards, but he'd be replaced by Stoudemire. And Ilgauskas would give them a legit big man in the middle. Suddenly, they would look like contenders for the Eastern Conference crown. And if things don't work out, they'll have cap room in 2010 when Ilgauskas, Stoudemire and Brendan Haywood all come off the books.

And the Cavs? They would get Shaq, whom they apparently like. And Jamison, an athletic scoring 4 who can do what the Cavs' bigs couldn't during the playoffs -- guard someone on the wing.

What do you guys think?

Duncan = Donkey
06-19-2009, 02:21 AM
yer ive seen it. Crap trade for PHX. i dont know what chad ford was smoking

KobeIs
06-19-2009, 02:25 AM
wow the cavs just won everything in this trade.

Duncan = Donkey
06-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Phoenix just get raped, the set on fire, then pissed on. thats how dumb this trade idea is.

Kyle N.
06-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah Phoenix is the one team that doesn't make it out so clean in this one.

_KB24_
06-19-2009, 02:39 AM
It would not make sense for Phoneix because there getting a **** load of money off their payroll, but who would they pursue???? If they have a clear target their going for, it would actually be a good trade.

kblo247
06-19-2009, 02:41 AM
It would not make sense for Phoneix because there getting a **** load of money off their payroll, but who would they pursue???? If they have a clear target their going for, it would actually be a good trade.

They haven't been close to the promise land since they lost a Sir, so why not try to get a King :eyebrow:

goku
06-19-2009, 02:45 AM
suns just get shot in the head with this deal

james21
06-19-2009, 02:46 AM
suns fans u better take what you can get cause you don't want to lose amare for nothing!!!

kEviN21
06-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Cleveland gets two all stars for basically crap lol

IversonIsKrazy
06-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Suns are doing it to save money and get the no.5 pick. But man, cavs & magic would be really good.

Cavs: Mo/West/LeBron/Jamison/Shaq

Wizards: Arenas/DeShawn/Butler/Amare/BigZ

Zefflin
06-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Good trade idea but damn I feel bad for the Suns fans on this one...

nikefreek220
06-19-2009, 03:03 AM
This is worst than the Laker and Grizzlies trade people were complaining about for 6 like months.

Cleavland doesnt give up any youth or picks, and in return get TWO all stars.

Ovratd1up
06-19-2009, 03:29 AM
The Cavs include Hickson to Suns and Wizards throw in Nick Young to Suns... And they still get raped. But I guess it is where hey may have to go anyway with Amare prolly leaving next summer.

Legitimate
06-19-2009, 03:37 AM

What do you guys think?

It should be against PSD policy to post such a ridiculous trade offer. Cleveland gives their garbage for 2 allstars? I'm sure pheonix can get a lot more in return than just a 5th pick and cap relief.

Duncan = Donkey
06-19-2009, 03:39 AM
this trade isnt even realistic, so whatever.

the trade for phoneix is basically amare and shaq for pick 5, McGee and expirings. lol. NO CHANCE

XJW18
06-19-2009, 04:28 AM
wow the cavs just won everything in this trade.

Agreed.

ragee
06-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I'll do it if I am from the Cavs... Other than that, hell no! Too one sided!

IndyRealist
06-19-2009, 09:16 AM
The problem with the scenario is that he's looking to make the Cavs better, and dumps on every other team.

1) Why would Ben Wallace take a buyout for less than what he's owed? He could just retire this year and get the full amount. You can't threaten to not play him.

2) Phoenix holds all the pieces the other teams want, and all they're going to take in return is expirings, one pick, and Javale McGee? C'mon.

3) I don't think Washington blows anything up until they see how Arenas is going to play this year.

4) Jamison for Stoudamire is a lateral move. Yes Amare is a more prolific scorer, but Jamison is a much better defender and a leader, something Amare will never be. If it's a question of age, they really need to succeed with this squad, or they need to go REALLY young, not just a couple of years younger.

todu82
06-19-2009, 09:38 AM
I doubt this trade happens. Both Phoenix and Washington get robbed in this trade.

SunsFanIam
06-19-2009, 09:39 AM
This is the worse trade I have seen so far. If this kind of trade were to happen Steve Kerr would have every suns fan at his door step.

NJrockPD
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Apparently PHX really wants LeBron to win it all next year. Here is what the Cavs would look like next season if this trade went through.

2009 Starting 5

Mo Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Shaquille O'Neal

Anderson Varejao
Wally Szczerbiak
Joe Smith
Daniel Gibson
Tarence Kinsey
Draft Picks

That would be a really tough team to beat.

meltbakins
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
if this trade was to happen all u laker haters would have to stop your crying about the gasol trade

29$JerZ
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Shaq and Jamison for Cleveland and you dump Big Z/Ben?

Great for them.

Dump depth + 5th pick for Amare

Great for Washington

Trade Shaq/Amare and only get back Big Z/MeGee and the 5th
It's okay but wow

Doubt it happens

ATL2010
06-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Suns got raped in this deal

DitchDat
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
it's just a theory people, don't get worked up

NJrockPD
06-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I doubt this trade happens. Both Phoenix and Washington get robbed in this trade.

Washington gets Amare and Big Z for the 5th pick, Jamison, and Mike James.

I don't think they're really getting robbed. They really don't need Mike James with Arenas coming back and Crittenton a solid backup. Stoudamire is better then Jameson, he is also much younger so they throw in the 5th and get Big Z who I think will retire next year, and would probablly start over Haywood for the time being. Here's what they're roster would look like if this thing went through.

PG) Arenas, J. Crittenton
SG) D. Stevenson, N. Young, J. Dixon
SF) C. Butler, A. Blatche, O. Pecherov
PF) A. Stoudamire, D. Songaila, D. McGuire
C) Zydrunas Ilgauskas, B. Haywood, J. McGee

Doesn't look too bad to me, as I said above I'm pretty sure Zydrunas Ilgauskas will retire next year giving the Wizards and expiring to resign STAT, this could work really well for them or blow up in their face if Amare decides to bolt next season.

wizskinsfan
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM
im a wiz fan but no thxs it helps cle more than anyone and if amare walks we lose an allstar and a high draft pick hope this doesnt happen..

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM

What do you guys think?

So the Cavs get 2 allstars in Shaq and Jamison and all they give up is a guy who is going to retire in Ben Wallace, a bench player and a former allstar?
And the Suns give up Shaq/Amare to get Wallace, Sasha and a bunch of scrubs?

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Apparently PHX really wants LeBron to win it all next year. Here is what the Cavs would look like next season if this trade went through.

2009 Starting 5

Mo Williams
Delonte West
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Shaquille O'Neal

Anderson Varejao
Wally Szczerbiak
Joe Smith
Daniel Gibson
Tarence Kinsey
Draft Picks

That would be a really tough team to beat.

That team against a Healthy Boston team would be a thriller

mitch91
06-19-2009, 10:34 AM
so what we get scrubs basically for shaq and stat! epsn is a joke!

shaq and stat, two starters on most nbs teams.

i doubt most of them players coming to the suns are starters in much places, well perhaps starters but none are impact players...perhaps the num5 pick but that would take time to develop

EastCoastBaller
06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Please accept this deal!

jehovah joe
06-19-2009, 10:58 AM
yer ive seen it. Crap trade for PHX. i dont know what chad ford was smoking

i agree... crap trade for phx...

i hope it gets done...:smoking:

bball1217
06-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Think about it guys this trade is realistic:

There is the rumor of Shaq to Cavs for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic

There is the rumor of Amare to Wizards for 5th pick and expirings and youth

Chad Ford is just combing the trades together and adding a few players to make salaries work.

But separate two team trades could defiantly come out of this involving these players...and yes PHX will probably get screwed no matter what (their not getting Big Al and 6th for Amare...that would be a huge steal for PHX)

theimortalone
06-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Horrible trade idea for Phoenix Chad Ford! Phoenix gets the **** job! :pity:

TYoung21
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Cavs get Shaq and Jamison. Holy **** 82-0?

Patriots
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
wow Sun lost 2 big man and get nothing in exchange

Hollywood Butt
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
this is the dumbest trade i have ever seen wow wtf why would pheonix do this

EastCoastBaller
06-19-2009, 11:56 AM
This is a solid deal for the Suns...

bal_ravens
06-19-2009, 12:08 PM
WAY too much for the Wizards to give up.

thephoenixson28
06-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Think about it guys this trade is realistic:

There is the rumor of Shaq to Cavs for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic

There is the rumor of Amare to Wizards for 5th pick and expirings and youth

Chad Ford is just combing the trades together and adding a few players to make salaries work.

But separate two team trades could defiantly come out of this involving these players...and yes PHX will probably get screwed no matter what (their not getting Big Al and 6th for Amare...that would be a huge steal for PHX) it was actually jamison to the suns, but I think chad ford idea is the dumbest trade ever. Its funny how some people get mad cuz the suns make a offer of jefferson and the 6th pick for amare, but then when you see trades like this what do you think is more realistic.

Kabowdos
06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
If that trade happens than the NBA is rigged out of its mind. Cleveland is definitely getting two all-stars for nothing
It is decent for Washington...terrible for Suns.

Afridi786
06-19-2009, 02:21 PM
lol Jamison and Shaq for Sasha and Big Bum?