PDA

View Full Version : What should Dwyane Wade do if the Heat don't improve this offseason?

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
What should Dwyane Wade do if the Heat fail to get Boozer, Bosh or an allstar big man this offseason?

Should he just stay the year in Miami and then leave to somewhere else?
Should he complain to management that they are not giving him the right pieces?

What exactly should Wade do at this point?

Lindystud36
06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Tell management to do nothing this year, relax and get a hign draft pick, then bring in bosh and the highpick. Win a ship in 2010

Hellcrooner
06-18-2009, 05:19 PM
wait the year.

Go FA.

Go public about resigning if miami gets Bosh, Stou or Lebron.

if it does not happen go wherever one of these guys sign and still has cash to throw at him ( knicks)

or sign with the best team that offers him good money.

Red222
be a bull simple

LayZbone
the development of Chalmers, Beasley, Cook should help the Heat improve. J.O. and JJ both healthy also really helps. If the Heat don't make any more significant moves (trade for Bosh, sign A.Miller, etc).....I don't know what to tell ya. Either way, we're not winning it all this coming season (2nd round would be a big success)....and either way, the franchise is headed in the right direction.

Wade and Riley have always had great communication. If he's not happy/satisfied, I fully expect him to let the F.O. know....rather than keeping it to himself and bolting in 2010. He wants to spend his career in MIA, has stated so on multiple occasions. With the love he has for this city, you'd think he'd at least give the Heat a chance to create something special here. He wouldn't just put on the fake smile, "everything's all gravy", and then sign w/ CHI or NYK...his 1st option would be to spend the rest of his career here in miami.

That's a lot of responsibility for our front office. It's their job to keep him happy.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Team up with someone in New York.

td0tsfinest
06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
wait for 2010 and then get the bombaclot out of there

Ethix11
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I like the idea of tanking the season and getting a high draft pick but it isnt gonna happen. Theres no rush in trading Beasley for Bosh and Wade knows that. He also knows Miami will have one of if not the most cap room in 2010.

LayZbone
06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
jeez, lol are you guys serious? is Miami that bad of a situation where you think he should definitely gtfo in 2010 w/o question?

Also, the Heat might wait until the season starts or the trade deadline before they deal. Having a better idea of where organizations are headed and players become available. Off season 09 isn't do or die for Wade's decision making process.

LayZbone
06-18-2009, 05:34 PM
I like the idea of tanking the season and getting a high draft pick but it isnt gonna happen. Theres no rush in trading Beasley for Bosh and Wade knows that. He also knows Miami will have one of if not the most cap room in 2010.

they will have the most. Cook, Chalmers and Beasley will all have TEAM OPTIONS on their small contracts....everyone else is expiring.

KG2TB
06-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Da BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Lindystud36
06-18-2009, 05:40 PM

Yea so develop this year then, and really save wade's legs for a good run in the future. When robinson went down the spurs got duncan and looked how that worked out

MiamiHeat
06-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Da BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

be a bull simple

:laugh2:
Bulls fans
always dreaming....

sep11ie
06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Sit the year out and try baseball. See how that works for him.

LayZbone
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I wish this thread were serious. Since a lot of you are suggesting "baseball", "da bulls", "tank it" or "bombaclot to NYC"...are there any real suggestions for what the Heat should do IF Wade approaches them about making changes and improving the roster by 2010?

If he expresses concern, what should Miami's next step be?

I know that's not the thread question, but I'm interested since most of you are giving the vibe that Miami's a lost cause and Wade should leave when he gets the chance.

Pran Raznor
06-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Bulls fans
always dreaming....

His children live in Chicago. Maybe he wants to be a dad.

Silent
06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
be a bull simple

+1

dtmagnet
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Maybe move JO's contract for a piece? I don't thin he will leave but they have lots of expirings that can be played around with.

MattyPatty
06-18-2009, 05:54 PM
to the bulls ;O

Raps08-09 Champ
06-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Bulls fans
always dreaming....

Don't some of you guys do that when it comes to Bosh?

The Conductor
06-18-2009, 06:11 PM
retire

samus
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
why not be really tactiful and trade dwyane wade and get this years and next years 1st draft pick, tell dwade the plan, and when free agency hits we got beasely, mario, griffin/thabeet and ? on rookie contracts. nothings more enticing than 4 decent rookies. d wade comes back maybe lebron. BAM championship. it may seem silly but everyones like dont trade beasely for good reasons but why not trade dwade. we could get a lot.

Ansy
06-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Wade knows that he'll be past his prime before either Beasley or Chalmers are ready to be second options on a championship team. He also knows that Riley knows this.

I'm sure Wade is very much in the loop on what Riley's plans are to build a championship team. If he likes what he hears, he'll probably stay.

Lindystud36
06-18-2009, 06:28 PM
play this year out, mentor your young guys, sign bosh next summer, and pick up a solid 6 man

KG2TB
06-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Bulls fans
always dreaming....

Dream or be dead amigo :)

Mudvayne91
06-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I'd be stoked to see him in Denver. For the most part we got young good talent.

D Roses Bulls
06-18-2009, 06:52 PM
ummm anyone who knows basketball and actually pays attention knows that the heat are not going to have a lot of cap space this summer. it will be the summer of 2010 when they will have the cap space and give wade his extention and make a play for someone like bosh or amare. as a bulls fan i would love to have wade but its not going to happen. he is going to stay in miami and pat riley will find someone to compliment him in that summer of 2010 and beasley should be improved as well as chalmers. wade IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE and Miami is not going to waste whatever cap space unless its for a trade to get a super star and not on the likes of boozer because he is not a superstar. there is no one this summer that is worth the cap space for miami to just waste their money on. they are not in a lebron james and cavs frantic to keep their superstar. wade is not going anywhere. miami will get the pieces they need in a year.

ragee
06-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Wait... Oneal's contract is expiring after this season and this could help them get some help...

LayZbone
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Wait... Oneal's contract is expiring after this season and this could help them get some help...

look at the Heat's salaries Click here (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm)

No one on the roster is guaranteed past 2010. Oodles of cap room. Enough to re-sign Wade to the max, another max contract, and some good role players to go along with our developed young guys (Beasley, Chalmers, Cook).

ragee
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
look at the Heat's salaries Click here (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm)

No one on the roster is guaranteed past 2010. Oodles of cap room. Enough to re-sign Wade to the max, another max contract, and some good role players to go along with our developed young guys (Beasley, Chalmers, Cook).

I know... That is why I said he should wait... I just emphasized Oneal's contact because it is worth 20+million...

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Sit the year out and try baseball. See how that works for him.

:)

Young2Kinsler
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Clearly come play with the big german!

Kabowdos
06-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Wait it out for another year or two. If the Heat don't get anything done this off-season or next than he should leave when his contract is up. He needs some help.

ragee
06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Clearly come play with the big german!

Y2K, I would love to see that happen but we all know that that is just wishful thinking...

Raps08-09 Champ
06-18-2009, 09:00 PM

There's only 9 guys guareenteed for the 09/10 season. The rest expire this season. That extra cap room in 2010 is going to get smaller by atleast 5-10 million seeing as how they are going to sign players this offseason.

I can still see signing Wade and another player to a max but there wouldn't be enough money to sign decent players.

dodie53
06-18-2009, 09:08 PM
be a sun
:)

Pauleboman
06-18-2009, 09:36 PM
COME HOME AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS:superman:

J_M_B
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
There's only 9 guys guareenteed for the 09/10 season. The rest expire this season. That extra cap room in 2010 is going to get smaller by atleast 5-10 million seeing as how they are going to sign players this offseason.

I can still see signing Wade and another player to a max but there wouldn't be enough money to sign decent players.

Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook will still be under contract.

Jonathan2323
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Pat Riley said today that if Wade does not sign this summer there will be no major moves this summer.

Caution1011
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Bulls fans
always dreaming....

i agree:up::laugh::laugh::laugh::silly:silly bulls fans

J_M_B
06-18-2009, 11:09 PM
The Heat should improve this season with the development of Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook. Also a healthy season from JO and James Jones should also help. Miami doesn't need to make any huge changes to the roster this year because they don't want to use any 2010 money. Moves you can see made are like signing a veteran pg or re-signing Jammal Magloire etc.
Then when 2010 comes around Miami will have the most cap space in the league. The Heat then re-sign Wade and sign a a star caliber player, either Bosh or Amare. The development of Miami young core(Beasley, Chalmers, Cook) will be a lot better and ready to be true contenders. A Trio of Wade, Bosh/Amare, Beasley should contend for a title.

29$JerZ
06-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Tell management "if you believe Beasly/Cook/Haslem/Chalmers is enough to put around me your sadly mistaken and I'm out' Trade for a star 4 or good Center like Tyson Chandler who NO would probably dump in a salary dump.

Going to next season with just the current squad is a bad idea, Wade is great but I doubt even he repeats the season like he just did.

ndfan23
06-19-2009, 12:28 AM
The Heat should improve this season with the development of Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook. Also a healthy season from JO and James Jones should also help. Miami doesn't need to make any huge changes to the roster this year because they don't want to use any 2010 money. Moves you can see made are like signing a veteran pg or re-signing Jammal Magloire etc.
Then when 2010 comes around Miami will have the most cap space in the league. The Heat then re-sign Wade and sign a a star caliber player, either Bosh or Amare. The development of Miami young core(Beasley, Chalmers, Cook) will be a lot better and ready to be true contenders. A Trio of Wade, Bosh/Amare, Beasley should contend for a title.

Thats so cute that you thing a guy with Spagetti holding up his knees will be healthy. Wade is pretty stupid if he doesn't sign extension because of his injuries issues

BigEric
06-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Show some loyalty and stay with the Heat. If he wants money, then go to NY.

Beasley is developing, give him another year or two. The Heat need some pure position players, they are a team full of tweeners.

klvanzu
06-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Come to Chicago?

_KB24_
06-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Pull a Kobe. Here are the steps:

1. Demand a trade if your team still sucks balls.
2. Go into the season ready to play.
3. Play your hardest and don't let up for a second.
4. Hopefully get a good addition during the deadline. (just ask Chris Wallace)
5. PLAYOFF TIME and your team is playing well.
6. Win MVP and lose in the Finals to the Lakers.

lol

I do think that Wade will win MVP next year and hopefully the Heat will acquire that "other" star that he needs. I want him to stay in Miami and hopefully that can get either Bosh or Boozer. If not, Hello Chicago/New York:)

D Roses Bulls
06-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Pull a Kobe. Here are the steps:

1. Demand a trade if your team still sucks balls.
2. Go into the season ready to play.
3. Play your hardest and don't let up for a second.
4. Hopefully get a good addition during the deadline. (just ask Chris Wallace)
5. PLAYOFF TIME and your team is playing well.
6. Win MVP and lose in the Finals to the Lakers.

lol

I do think that Wade will win MVP next year and hopefully the Heat will acquire that "other" star that he needs. I want him to stay in Miami and hopefully that can get either Bosh or Boozer. If not, Hello Chicago/New York:)

wow a lot of you and not just you, but a lot of you must of not read what i said in the second page. im not even a heat fan and you know what the plan is. and boozer? are you kidding me? they will not sign his injury prone ***. think nba wise and not fantasy land fo real

_KB24_
06-19-2009, 02:35 AM
ummm anyone who knows basketball and actually pays attention knows that the heat are not going to have a lot of cap space this summer. it will be the summer of 2010 when they will have the cap space and give wade his extention and make a play for someone like bosh or amare. as a bulls fan i would love to have wade but its not going to happen. he is going to stay in miami and pat riley will find someone to compliment him in that summer of 2010 and beasley should be improved as well as chalmers. wade IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE and Miami is not going to waste whatever cap space unless its for a trade to get a super star and not on the likes of boozer because he is not a superstar. there is no one this summer that is worth the cap space for miami to just waste their money on. they are not in a lebron james and cavs frantic to keep their superstar. wade is not going anywhere. miami will get the pieces they need in a year.

Sounds like your their GM and know everything ahead of time? Wade and Boozers are good friends and I don't think Wade would not mind having a guy who can put out 20 -10 in a given night. Boozer is still an allstar forward when playing... And why do you think Wade signed I believe that 3 year extension instead of a longer one? to keep his options open just in case he doesn't feel Miami is right for him...I hope your right and Wade will stay, but I also hope someone like Bosh or Boozer will come.

BallersTalk.com
06-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Leave the Heat in 2010 and go to the Knicks. Bring LeBron while you're at it.

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 08:38 AM

They both want to be the man.

Wade_County
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM

great post:clap:

JaySmoke
06-19-2009, 12:07 PM
???

BALLER71
06-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Why would we trade Beasley when we can get Bosh when he becomes a FA? We could suck for one more year, get a good draft pick and then get Bosh. And we'll still have Beasley.

J_M_B
06-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Neither of them are going to New York

JaySmoke
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Neither of them are going to New York

did they tell u that?

Caution1011
06-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Lebron James a Brooklyn Net or the Knicks will pick him up. Wade will retire with us he isn't going anywhere.

D Roses Bulls
06-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Sounds like your their GM and know everything ahead of time? Wade and Boozers are good friends and I don't think Wade would not mind having a guy who can put out 20 -10 in a given night. Boozer is still an allstar forward when playing... And why do you think Wade signed I believe that 3 year extension instead of a longer one? to keep his options open just in case he doesn't feel Miami is right for him...I hope your right and Wade will stay, but I also hope someone like Bosh or Boozer will come.

you dont need to be a gm to know that. pay attention to the nba in a whole and not just one or two teams. this has been talked about for the last year and a half every channel, almost every sports site. yes, they are not gm's, but riley is no dummy and is not going to trade or try and sign boozer when the guy is injury prone and no where near as good as bosh or amare. think about it. why would utah not wanna resign boozer and replace him with milsap? i mean milsap is good, but he is not a star. doesnt that kind of make you think? and dont say its because of cap. if boozer was that good, they would trade milsap to keep him and wade is friends with a lot of stars. he played in the olympics with lebron and talk all the time. does that mean lebrons coming to the heat? NO! but riley is not stupid enough to sign boozer. he is going to wait for either bosh or amare. its not acting like it a know it all, its kind of common sense

Derick713
06-19-2009, 01:04 PM
The Heat can't really go after a big free agent untill 2010. If the Heat don't look like a contender by the time D-Wade can opt out then he might leave.

The Heat could stand to add few players here and there. If I'm D-Wade I would be worried if Jermaine O'Neal was my second best player. He was a great player, but it is highyl unlikely he plays all 82 games next season.

I think the Heat have to add a center to pair with O'Neal to reduce the wear and tear on his body.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook will still be under contract.

I know.

But if they sign 2 players to the max, they probably wouldn't have enough to fill in good backups.

Wade, other max player, Beasley, Chalmers and Cook would almost add up to +50mil.

BallersTalk.com
06-19-2009, 02:12 PM
They both want to be the man.
I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as that. I don't think either of them as Kobe-like egos. They definitely have egos. But I don't think they'd throw it in the way of winning. But, yeah, I think they both stay in their respective cities, but not for that reason.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Easy. Come to the BAY!

D-Wade & Monta in back-court..championship..

Brooklyn Mets
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
wade will pull a kobe and ask to be traded if the right pieces aren't brought in..

NYman15
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
wade has stated he wants miami but has also stated he want to have a great team and wants another great player and is thinking about opting out the heat have somewhat of a young core between beasley cook and chalmers but that is no where near enough the bosh rumors i have been told by sources that they are just rumors bosh has even said he doesnt even have any friends in miami and the idea of bringin in lebron doesnt make to much sense because lebron in miami it seems wade will always be number 1 and wade in cleveland lebron will always be number 1 the only way i see them 2 playin together is in ny who are starting to get a young core of players with chandler gallinari the 8th pick and have enough money to sign 2 max free agents a liineup of stephaun curry dwayne wade lebron gallinari and eddy curry who is getting into shape looks pretty good to me

Pran Raznor
06-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Chris Quinn

YayBoston
06-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Joe Johnson? Fills the void and steals him from a division rival.

i.got.the.nutz
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Chalmers.

jiggajay23
06-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Rony Seikley BABY!!!

arkanian215
06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
this is a flaw i find with the nba and their contracts. they have no compensation for giving up their stars. miami might become a top of the lottery team again for awhile. maybe they should be rated like in baseball. a team will give up their first rounder (plus a second rounder if the first rounder is a spot) for superstars and just a second rounder for regular FA's. i dunno.

Jonathan2323
06-19-2009, 06:22 PM
it doesn't matter because Wade is not leaving and if he leaves we can sign two max deals anyways.

MattyPatty
06-19-2009, 06:33 PM
GOrdonnn!

hgtiger32
06-19-2009, 06:42 PM
horatio cane

blazerman
06-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Somebody not as good as Wade!

I highly doubt he leaves to go be somebody else's sidekick on another team, I think he get's Bosh in the long run and Beasley will become a Raptor.

Even though D Rose is in Chicago, I dont see him wanting to go back to that cesspool and all the expectations and comparisions with Jordan that would certainly arise.

Besides when you think of the Heat you think of D Wade even if Bosh was to go there it will still be Wade's team.

JordansBulls
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
it doesn't matter because Wade is not leaving and if he leaves we can sign two max deals anyways.

He says that Miami has to make a move first before he signs.

Source: Sun-Sentinel (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-dwyane-wade-heat-s061909,0,6446880.story)

I'm there. Why not fast track this thing anyway while I'm there and let's not give it a chance to get to 2010?" said Wade, who can extend his contract starting July 12, or can opt out an become a free agent following next season. "I'm in my prime right now, playing the best basketball I've ever played, and I feel as good as I ever felt. So let's not wait. Let's do it now if we can do it. So it's not about me signing a contract."

ATL2010
06-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Become a FA and sign with Atlanta

chitownbulls
06-22-2009, 09:56 AM
be a bull and play alongside the white panther aaron gray.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Wade is not leaving Miami. As much as I want him to be a Celtics, it really isnt likely.

JOSKOMANG4
06-22-2009, 10:42 AM
1. Bulls don't resign Ben Gordon this offseason. They have enough players on their rosters to still be a contender in the Eastern Conference. With a load of money off the cap next season, I would love the Bulls to go for Wade in the offseason.

2. Sign & Trade. Sign Gordon and trade him along with Deng and a high draft pick to the Heat for Wade. Also.. Get a 3 way including Raptors and possibly a 3 team in need of a point guard(possibily either Dallas or Sac).. trade away Hinrich and Tyrus thomas.. along with a pick.. and in exchange get Chris Bosh!!!

Lineup:

C) Miller
PF) BOsh
SF) Salmons
SG) Wade
PG) D. Rose

With this lineup.. they top over Cleveland and possibly over Magic and Celtics.. Likely a 2-3 seed.

JordansBulls
06-22-2009, 11:46 AM
1. Bulls don't resign Ben Gordon this offseason. They have enough players on their rosters to still be a contender in the Eastern Conference. With a load of money off the cap next season, I would love the Bulls to go for Wade in the offseason.

2. Sign & Trade. Sign Gordon and trade him along with Deng and a high draft pick to the Heat for Wade. Also.. Get a 3 way including Raptors and possibly a 3 team in need of a point guard(possibily either Dallas or Sac).. trade away Hinrich and Tyrus thomas.. along with a pick.. and in exchange get Chris Bosh!!!

Lineup:

C) Miller
PF) BOsh
SF) Salmons
SG) Wade
PG) D. Rose

With this lineup.. they top over Cleveland and possibly over Magic and Celtics.. Likely a 2-3 seed.

With that lineup the Bulls better win the title. That team is like the Lakers and Celtics on paper.

MiamiHeat
06-22-2009, 12:22 PM

Lineup:

C) Miller
PF) BOsh
SF) Salmons
SG) Wade
PG) D. Rose

why would the Heat accept that trade?

Miami could also sign or trade for Bosh
and have a Wade and Bosh duo
why would he want to go to Chicago if he could be playing with Bosh in Miami...