PDA

View Full Version : Think the Clippers have a shot at the playoffs?

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Baron Davis
Blake Griffin
Eric Gordon
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Zach Randolph
Al Thornton

They will definitely have more talent than the Lakers... there's just no superstar.

How do you think they will do?

I could them possibly beating out the Suns, but I don't know who they would replace in the playoffs.

If they do become playoff-bound... the Western conference might be even tougher than before.

MoBASS
06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
That team is ****ing stacked. Get micromanaging Dumb-leavy's *** out of there and watch the wins pile up.

Jonathan2323
06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
as an 8 seed maybe.

droalex
06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Nope.

BALLER71
06-18-2009, 02:45 PM
On Paper this is a very good team. But they have to have chemistry.

slyry
06-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Great amount of talent on paper, dumb*** of a coach on the bench, too many names being tossed around on the trade block to make the players on the team feel like... well... a team? They don't make the playoffs again and draft John Wall next year. ;)

MiamiHeat
06-18-2009, 02:47 PM
On Paper this is a very good team. But they have to have chemistry.

+1

whole lot of talent no chemistry at all

CityofTreez
06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Is this a joke?

Hellcrooner
06-18-2009, 03:07 PM
more talent than the lakers?

Nobody on that roster has more talent than Kobe.

I would also dare to say nobody on that roster ahs more Talent than Pau.

They can make the playoffs if they are able to somehow Make Griffin Play Sf or if they are able to trade Randolph and Camby for some solid Bench pieces.

Lakersho
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM
your stupid,they would be a good farm club for lakers, thats about it...

JIDsanity
06-18-2009, 03:18 PM
No, and the should trade Camby

Kakaroach
06-18-2009, 03:22 PM
No they won't. They need all of those guys to stay healthy, play fast, and have good team chemistry. Won't happen under Dunleavy at least.

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 03:27 PM
your stupid,they would be a good farm club for lakers, thats about it...

my stupid? huh?

madiaz3
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
ive seen a similarly talented team like that one before
stephon marbury, nate robinson
jamal crawford
wilson chandler
david lee, zach randolph
eddy curry

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
ive seen a similarly talented team like that one before
stephon marbury, nate robinson
jamal crawford
wilson chandler
david lee, zach randolph
eddy curry

And they have one thing in commonc: Zach Randolph.

madiaz3
06-18-2009, 03:53 PM
And they have one thing in commonc: Zach Randolph.

And that Knicks team also had godawful management and coaching that rivals the current coaching and management of the clippers today

The Clips aren't going anywhere without changing up their coach to start.

clutchski
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
If they were one of the worst teams in the league last year, only to get Blake Griffin and then make the playoffs next year...that's just stupid..it wouldn't make sense to me.

BenFrank
06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
I doubt it.. if there coach was on ne other team he would have been fired allready

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
If they were one of the worst teams in the league last year, only to get Blake Griffin and then make the playoffs next year...that's just stupid..it wouldn't make sense to me.

I'm pretty sure what happened was, the team didn't gel in the beginning because of Baron Davis' attitude towards being there after Elton Brand bolted.

He didn't wanna play there, no one else really wanted to play as a team and they stunk it up. Minor injuries became reasons to sit out numerous games to preserve their health and longevity... meanwhile, the team tanked to get a good pick and actually try.

volcomgal 77
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I kinda agree with Kenny Smith on this one. On paper they look great, but there basically just a collection of talent with no chemistry or style of play. What type of team do they want to be? Defense? Run and gun? 3 point threat? Low post? each player is great individually but not great team chemistry. West is much harder than east to reach playoffs

clutchski
^^ true enough

Hellcrooner
I got yet another similary talented team in mind.

Roy,

Aldrige

Webster

Outlow

Pryzbilla
Magloire

RANDOLPH

:D

DrDEADalready
06-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Baron Davis
Blake Griffin
Eric Gordon
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Zach Randolph
Al Thornton

They will definitely have more talent than the Lakers... there's just no superstar.

How do you think they will do?

I could them possibly beating out the Suns, but I don't know who they would replace in the playoffs.

If they do become playoff-bound... the Western conference might be even tougher than before.

As far as you sig goes. Yes you can shoot him. that will make him stop

But about the clippers they can be really good. and the west is already good enough it would be hard for them to steal a playoff spot with the teams there is now.

theimortalone
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
They have all the talent to be a very good team this year. Which makes the West even more dangerous!

dodgers310
06-18-2009, 04:25 PM
the big men just need to stay healthy

Go Dodgers!
06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
You can have all the talent in the world but if your not well coach it means nothing the Clippers success will happen once Dunleavy is gone..

GSRaider
06-18-2009, 04:41 PM
No

I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs...
I'll be surprised if they have a better record then the warriors
I'll be surprised if they don't finish last int the division

Blake griffin is going to disappoint a lot of people...

Living Legend
06-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Yes they will make the playoffs, they are stacked.

MattyPatty
06-18-2009, 04:51 PM
still a no hahas!

GarlicStench
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
30 wins is about it. Baron never plays a whole season and Randolph is a proven loser. So about 30 wins is about right.

hockeypro68
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
They CERTAINLY have a shot at the playoffs. Anyone who thinks there's no way they'll make it is just stupid. The west is so stacked though, making the Playoffs requires nearly 50 wins. I can see the team winning about 40-45 games next season, possibly more if they gel and form some chemistry this offseason. But I honestly don't think the roster right now is what it will look like come next season. I see us trading at least Camby or Kaman, and HOPEFULLY somehow trade Zach Randolph. If we can't, then I'd be interested to see Griffin try to play some SF, putting Thornton in a 6th man role where he'd still get 25-30 minutes. I just hope Dunleavy realizes this offseason that Baron Davis thrives in an up tempo offense and the team needs to push the ball more. I made a bet with a friend of mine. Not that the Clippers would make the playoffs, but just that they'd win 41+ games. I'm very anxious to see how they perform next season.

Baron Davis/Mike Taylor
Eric Gordon/Mardy Collins/Ricky Davis
Al Thornton/Steve Novak
Zach Randolph/Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman/Marcus Camby/DeAndre Jordan

sep11ie
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
That team will prob end up being a shell of the team you just named. Theres no telling who will get traded, or if Blake can be a dominate big man in the NBA. It will be his rookie year and he's playing in the West and all...

danbuc0101
06-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Baron Davis will never be able to play again the way he did with GS because of the style of play. He will not be a good player again as long as Dunleavy is the coach. Another point is he cannot stay healthy if his life depended on it. And this is basically the same exact team as last year, except they added griffin, and i believe that team fed them the #1 pick in this draft.

Beno7500
06-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Theres always a thread that jumps on a back of a team that got #1 pick asking if they can or will make the playoffs

Beno7500
06-18-2009, 05:29 PM
They CERTAINLY have a shot at the playoffs. Anyone who thinks there's no way they'll make it is just stupid. The west is so stacked though, making the Playoffs requires nearly 50 wins. I can see the team winning about 40-45 games next season, possibly more if they gel and form some chemistry this offseason. But I honestly don't think the roster right now is what it will look like come next season. I see us trading at least Camby or Kaman, and HOPEFULLY somehow trade Zach Randolph. If we can't, then I'd be interested to see Griffin try to play some SF, putting Thornton in a 6th man role where he'd still get 25-30 minutes. I just hope Dunleavy realizes this offseason that Baron Davis thrives in an up tempo offense and the team needs to push the ball more. I made a bet with a friend of mine. Not that the Clippers would make the playoffs, but just that they'd win 41+ games. I'm very anxious to see how they perform next season.

Baron Davis/Mike Taylor
Eric Gordon/Mardy Collins/Ricky Davis
Al Thornton/Steve Novak
Zach Randolph/Blake Griffin
Chris Kaman/Marcus Camby/DeAndre Jordan

Get over yourself

hockeypro68
06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Get over yourself

Go hump yourself. What useful input have you added to this thread? None. People like you make PSD suck. Always trying to belittle other posters.

Lakers4ItAll
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Baron Davis
Blake Griffin
Eric Gordon
Marcus Camby
Chris Kaman
Zach Randolph
Al Thornton

They will definitely have more talent than the Lakers... .

LOL sure they do :rolleyes:

dodie53
06-18-2009, 08:18 PM
good talent on paper,
but they need chemistry and they have to be injury-free

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
no way.

sep11ie
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Get over yourself

So, have all of your 8,000+ threads been this worthless? Or are you trying something new?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
No.

The Clippers just suck.

I bet they'll trade Camby, Randolph, Kaman and Davis anyways to build around Thornton, Gordon and Griffin.

J_M_B
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM
They don't make the playoffs. The Clippers have talent and everything looks good on paper, but that team has no chemistry and a horrible front office.

J_M_B
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Plus the Clippers are injury prone.

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 01:18 PM
not with dunleavy as coach...he hasnt been on top of his game these past two seasons

Chronz
06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
The way things stand, we dont have a chance. Luckily theres an entire off season to be had

Catfish1314
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
One of Kaman, Camby, or Randolph will surely be traded. And maybe even two of them to make room for Griffin. Kaman is still in his 20s and he was the 3rd best center in the league 2 years ago. Despite his contract, I would think he could fetch some fairly decent value.

If the Clips could get Kaman or Camby to come off the bench, a frontcourt rotation of Kaman/Griffin/Camby would be very, very solid. Given his age, Al Thornton probably won't get much better but Eric Gordon has nowhere to go but up.

I think the Clippers have a good shot at the playoffs, but the West is so tough and Dunleavy is such a bonehead it may not happen until 2010-2011.

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 01:28 PM
One of Kaman, Camby, or Randolph will surely be traded. And maybe even two of them to make room for Griffin. Kaman is still in his 20s and he was the 3rd best center in the league 2 years ago. Despite his contract, I would think he could fetch some fairly decent value.

If the Clips could get Kaman or Camby to come off the bench, a frontcourt rotation of Kaman/Griffin/Camby would be very, very solid. Given his age, Al Thornton probably won't get much better but Eric Gordon has nowhere to go but up.

I think the Clippers have a good shot at the playoffs, but the West is so tough and Dunleavy is such a bonehead it may not happen until 2010-2011.

well put

Brooklyn Mets
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
maybe if they were in the eastern conference but the west is way too stacked for the clippers to make the playoffs..

Afridi786
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
They have a terrible coach so no.

nikefreek220
06-19-2009, 02:38 PM
The Clippers can Have:

Michael Jordan
Charles Barkley
DR.J
James Worthy
Wilt

and they would still find a way to lose, they have been a losing franchise they dont know how to win, besides that one lucky season in 2006. Having coach dunleavy doesnt help the matter either.

JayAllDay
06-19-2009, 02:38 PM
On paper their team last year was playoff worthy...

I'm not sure having Blake Griffin is going to help and their front court is gonna be crowded and cut into each other's production.

S-Dot
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
On paper their team last year was playoff worthy...
I'm not sure having Blake Griffin is going to help and their front court is gonna be crowded and cut into each other's production.

Not with ricky davis on that paper

PhillyBoomerang
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
doesn't seem like the clippers always have a great team on paper, but when they go on the court they suck.. i mean usually they have good talent.. so once more no i doubt they will make the playoffs.. remember last year i remember people saying even without Brand the clippers would be a as high as a Top 5 team! nah too young, and the franchise is garbage.. do us all a favor move outta LA..

Kyle N.
06-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I'll admit the team looks good on paper. I'm surprised they didn't win more last year. I'm guessing they'll make a statement but the playoffs will be tough to get into.

ko8e24
06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
not if the greatest coach of all time mike dunleavy has anything to say about it!

DerekRE_3
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
The Clippers need Larry Brown. He could make something out of the talent they have.

Chronz
06-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Everyone saying we looked good on paper obviously cant read DNP's, and they are most definitely overrating our talent base. All of you should be banned