PDA

View Full Version : Who do you build your team to stop in the East? Bos, Cle or Orl

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Who do you build your team to stop in the East?

Do you build your team to stop Boston, Cleveland or Orlando?

Mane
06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Right now, Orlando.

Gambeezy
06-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Cleveland IS Lebron so you would have to build to try and stop Lebron. But, we don't know what the Celtics are going to do or who they're going to shop in the offseason so I'd say build to beat the Magic.

mikantsass
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
With a healthy KG the Celtics are the favorite in the east. They have 4 ways to beat you:

Rondo with fast breaks
Pierce driving and slashing
Ray's jump shooting
KG post game

The Magic have:
3 ball
Dwight on offensive glass

The Cavs have:
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Sometimes Mo Williams hits a shot or 2

Bausman
06-18-2009, 06:47 PM
The Raptors!!!!!!!!!! Reggie Evans baby.... watch your balls!!!!!!!

NYYankeesWin#27
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
celtics are way to old, so no to them. lebron is the cavs, and every1 else is pretty bad, n lebron goin to knicks anyways next year. orlando has young talent, and is very good.

orlando

lakers4sho
06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
IMO a true elite team should be built to be a good overall team, not just good against a particular opponent. Now, along the way they should make adjustments against a particular team. That's how I see it should be.

You're not gonna see the Lakers make serious changes to their lineup because Houston gave them a scare in the 2nd round.

ragee
06-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Orlando... Dwight will only get better and better... Soon, he will be hard to stop...

Ray_R
06-18-2009, 07:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^

True and Celtics are on decline and Lebron might be moving

nolin
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
With a healthy KG the Celtics are the favorite in the east. They have 4 ways to beat you:

Rondo with fast breaks
Pierce driving and slashing
Ray's jump shooting
KG post game
The Magic have:
3 ball
Dwight on offensive glass

The Cavs have:
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Lebron
Sometimes Mo Williams hits a shot or 2

This one was funny have you seen KG play? hes a jump shooter not post player.

RaiderLakersA's
06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't build a team to stop either, necessarily. I would build a team to be it's own championship caliber team. That means being competitive against both divisions.

That said, I play along...

Cleveland will only be competitive for one year, before LeBron jumps ship.

Boston has some youth, but not enough talent at the same level of their Big 3. I hate to say it, but I think Boston's window closed, unless they do something spectacular in acquisitions.

That leaves just Orlando. They're potentially a team that could get even better with experience, barring injuries and radical changes in their roster. Plus, teams with a dominant big man almost always find it's way to the top of the heap. I've gotta go with Orlando on this one.

Sly Guy
06-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Orlando because:
- Boston's core is aging, you won't have to deal with them for much longer.
- To stop Cleveland, all you've gotta do is stop LeBron. Which in itself is already a near impossible task. Besides one-man teams like Cleveland are hard pressed to win a championship anyway.
- To guard Orlando, you need mobile size to guard the likes Rashard, Turk, and Dwight. Guys who can guard them are likely to be able to slow down LeBron in tandem enough to give you a chance to win.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
There should be a "Nobody" option. Build your team to be the best it can be and try to beat the other team. A ball club is not going to beat another squad at their game. Your goal as a franchise is to become a completely basketball team in all phases of the game. Go out, play, and try to come out on top.

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm more or less thinking of which of those teams is the biggest obstacle for most.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm more or less thinking of which of those teams is the biggest obstacle for most.

Well, that is a whole different thing IMO. Truthfully, if you simply try to build your team as a great defensive squad with a balanced offensive attack then you have a fantastic chance at beating any of these three teams regardless of offensive/defensive schemes. You don't have to "copy cat" one team or the other.

Look at the best era for basketball (the 80's) and see how different all the best teams were:

Lakers- Showtime, fast-paced, high octane offense
Celtics- slower paced, defense, half-court
Pistons- great defensive team, balanced attack
Sixers- inside with Moses, outside with Dr. J

All three were very different, but each had great success.

Kabowdos
06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
You have to build a team that can stop all of them...

I guess this means who do you think is the best team...

Celtics when healthy. They were awesome without KG and I think will be great next season.

JordansBulls
06-20-2009, 10:01 AM
You have to build a team that can stop all of them...

I guess this means who do you think is the best team...

Celtics when healthy. They were awesome without KG and I think will be great next season.

In order to stop them you need a good wing player and a good big man.