PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Jamison and Mike James to the Cavs?

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Source: Draftexpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-16th-3263)

While plenty of media outlets are speculating about a potential deal between Cleveland and Phoenix, we’ve heard some talk of a possible trade between Cleveland and Washington actually. The deal would essentially be a cost-cutting move for the Wizards, sending Antawn Jamison and filler (Mike James) to the Cavs for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. Wallace seems likely to retire, and Pavlovic is on a non-guaranteed contract for next season. It’s not clear whether the Wizards would need to surrender the #5 pick. Jamison is attractive to the Cavs since he’s exactly the type of combo forward they were missing to match up with Orlando’s Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu

IndyRealist
06-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Awful lot of animosity between those teams....

Giaps
06-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Wizards would be oblivious to do this. Jamison has so much more value than that. Even if its cost cutting, they can still get back draft picks, young players or useful expiring contracts. Not 2 bums...

Hustla23
06-18-2009, 12:41 AM
I think it's good trade for Cleveland, mehh one for Washington.
Washington made the brutal mistake of giving Arenas that terrible contract so they're kind of financially screwed regardless.

At this point they might as well keep trying to build a contending team.

clehmun
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
i understand these are just rumors. but "according to rumors", why is every team in the NBA ready to put the cavs over the top?!
ben friggin wallace and sasha for jamison and possibly the 5th pick?! that would just make the cavs a sik team.

albertc86
06-18-2009, 12:51 AM
I don't see this trade going through because of Ben Wallace. He mentioned retirement this year so I doubt his heart is thoroughly into basketball. Jamison would be a great fit but Mike James? Another combo guard...

theuuord
06-18-2009, 12:53 AM
that's a horrible deal for the wizards.

cmellofan15
06-18-2009, 12:54 AM
lol imagine this happening AND still Shaq gets traded to Cleveland.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 12:56 AM
some people are so ****ing stupid.

It’s not clear whether the Wizards would need to surrender the #5 pick. what moron wrote that. why the **** would they need to give up the 5th pick as well??

Cubs Win
06-18-2009, 01:01 AM
LeBron James and Mike James? Championship!

(With Mike James obviously carrying the load)

GodsSon
06-18-2009, 01:09 AM
i understand these are just rumors. but "according to rumors", why is every team in the NBA ready to put the cavs over the top?!
ben friggin wallace and sasha for jamison and possibly the 5th pick?! that would just make the cavs a sik team.

my thoughts exactly...lets face it, outside of lebron, mo and delonte the cavs have NO assets to be making any significant deals...and you can count lebron out of those 3 since he isnt moving this summer

Lakers4ItAll
06-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Good trade for the Cavs but they still need a big to guard the likes of Howard and KG

NBA_Starter
06-18-2009, 01:20 AM
If the Cavs can get away with this it would basically be robbery!:cry:

goku
06-18-2009, 01:28 AM
with king james and mike james the cavs have a dynasty

GoatMilk
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM
this out do's the Lakers' Grand Theft Gasol

mambastatus
06-18-2009, 01:53 AM

How would they get shaq too? Those are the same two players they were supposed to trade for him

lakers4sho
06-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Absolute rip off. The Cavs would essentially acquire the GOAT (plus Jamison as a filler) for a bag of chips.

vigilantex69
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM

Its not as sure as you may think. Remember Payton, Malone, Shaq and Kobe. FOUR 22+ point average players on ONE team. It didn't work. What they need to do is get someone they can BUILD with Lebron. This put 4 superstars around him just doesn't work.

Gambeezy
06-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Yea this is ridiculous. I hope this rumor doesn't come to fruition. Unlikely. Why would an Eastern rival Wizards enable the Cavs, who are already dominant with few pieces, to become THAT much better?

Trouble87
06-18-2009, 02:19 AM
ugh oh! James Gang together at last

"James to James for the breakaway dunk... with no regard for human life!!!!!!!"

--------------------------------

this trade would be great for Clevland if Jamison plays at his peak

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Wow, if this trade goes through it would be total domination of the league.

All Mike James ever needed was a legit second option, and he's got that in Lebron. Lebron can ride Mike James' coattails to a few championships. Works out tooooo perfectly.

TheHoopsProphet
06-18-2009, 04:00 AM
This trade will NOT happen. Whoever started this rumor probably has no connections with the Wizards FO. They are getting a healthy Arenas back with a year-old Nick Young, Caron Butler, DeShawn Stevenson, and their solid big men like Blatch to go along with Jamison. Not to mention they are getting a top 5 draft pick this year. As bad as they were last year, this team will be a top 5 playoff team in the East (sans another big injury).

stawka
06-18-2009, 04:24 AM
ugh oh! James Gang together at last

"James to James for the breakaway dunk... with no regard for human life!!!!!!!"

--------------------------------

this trade would be great for Clevland if Jamison plays at his peak

Correction -- That would be "LeBron James to Mike James for the breakaway dunk... with no regard for human life!!!!!!"

This could be the best 1-2 punch ever, LeBron>Pippen, Mike James>Mike Jordan.

STAT1
06-18-2009, 04:25 AM

impossible because the players being traded away from the cavs are the players in the shaq talks. but if they somehow pulled both trades off they would compete with the Hall Of Fame lineup Lakers

Murphy_Dee
06-18-2009, 04:48 AM

Mike James = Mike Jordan on roids

JayW_1023
06-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Jamison would make a great fit for Cleveland...he was already showing signs of leaving Washington. I would much rather see 'Tawn in a Spurs uniform though.

EX-TREME
06-18-2009, 06:37 AM
OMG if this trade goes thru then cavaliers is going to win all the regular seasons games plus will go undefeated in the playoffs. lebron is the second banana with mike james as the franchise player

All joking aside

This trade would be :censored: rape

kbaxter34
06-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Abe Pollin is in love with Jamison, there is no way he gets traded for this steaming heap of 5h:t

pippsux
06-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Hopefully this is a rumor. No need for the Cavs to overreact. They won 60 plus games and just happended to run into a team that was a bad matchup. Bringing in no defense Jamison and mad dog Mike James is no solution. Did anybody watch these two softies this season? Cleveland needs to add 1 PIECE. Amare or Jefferson, maybe even a motivated Shaq for 1 year. So Danny Ferry, calm down if this is true. The Cavs had a great season and will only do better.

29$JerZ
06-18-2009, 07:44 AM
If Mike James get traded to the Cavs talks of his greatness will never end.

Trinity_man817
06-18-2009, 07:48 AM
James is leaving for New York.....and Mike Brown probably knows this
so that's why he is trying to get all these "Has been" players to at least still compete when james leave

tromo9
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
steal of the century ...there gettin mike james for nothing and to think this guy basically can guarantee the cavs a championship with his dominant skills ...he can shut down howard on his own

FaceDown91
06-18-2009, 09:14 AM
What!? Mike James on the Cavs? Dang thats a 3 peat with him and lebron, then once either of them leave people will say lebron can't win without Mike "God" James.

11tg635
06-18-2009, 09:34 AM
What!? Mike James on the Cavs? Dang thats a 3 peat with him and lebron, then once either of them leave people will say lebron can't win without Mike "God" James.
Wow how stupid yes i admit Mike James is a really good player but better then Lebron hahahahahaha wow are you guys that dumb really Lebron was the Mvp this year and was 2 in defence of player of the year anyway this team would be sick West of the bench wow

tromo9
06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
dude its a joke........

IndiansFan337
06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Source: Draftexpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-16th-3263)

I think the Cavs could get a better deal for this pair. I know their talent isn't great, but their contracts are valuable for teams that are looking to save money.

I don't think Jamison would fit our system very well. I would rather target Shaq or Stoudemire, although we probably don't have the pieces to acquire Stoudemire. Maybe if Varejao were included as part of a S&T & if we take on 1-2 of their bad, long term contracts.

NJrockPD
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Just as everyone else has said this trade is a lopsided joke. I think an Antawn Jamison for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic is barely a fair trade, but then when you throw in Mike James AND the #5? WOW.

Where are the Bulls right now, we'll trade you Brad Miller and Tim Thomas for Antawn Jamison, #5, an addition onto the United Center, and season tickets to the Redskins (thats for me).

Raps08-09 Champ
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
Holy Crap!

Imagine Lebron James at the wing and Mike James at the point.

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Just as everyone else has said this trade is a lopsided joke. I think an Antawn Jamison for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic is barely a fair trade, but then when you throw in Mike James AND the #5? WOW.

Where are the Bulls right now, we'll trade you Brad Miller and Tim Thomas for Antawn Jamison, #5, an addition onto the United Center, and season tickets to the Redskins (thats for me).

:confused:

bostncelts34
06-18-2009, 12:40 PM
why would the wiz ever have to put the 5th pick into the deal. If anything, they sohuld be getting first rounders from cleveland for the next 2 years lol

FaceDown91
06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow how stupid yes i admit Mike James is a really good player but better then Lebron hahahahahaha wow are you guys that dumb really Lebron was the Mvp this year and was 2 in defence of player of the year anyway this team would be sick West of the bench wow

i guess u never heard of the word "sarcasm".

heyman321
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Correction -- That would be "LeBron James to Mike James for the breakaway dunk... with no regard for human life!!!!!!"

This could be the best 1-2 punch ever, LeBron>Pippen, Mike James>Mike Jordan.

Kevin Harlan: LEBRON JAMES TO MIKE JAMES, OH NO

HE JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY RIGHT OUT OF THE BUILDING!!!

Seventh King
06-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Jameson would do great with Cavs. Everything i've read recently indicates that Washington ownership wants to try things with what they have, when everyone is healthy. I can't see them doing this just to save $$.

Seventh King
06-18-2009, 01:33 PM
why would the wiz ever have to put the 5th pick into the deal. If anything, they sohuld be getting first rounders from cleveland for the next 2 years lol

Nice tat.

ko8e24
06-18-2009, 04:05 PM

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! :speechless:

ko8e24
06-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Kevin Harlan: LEBRON JAMES TO MIKE JAMES, OH NO

HE JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY RIGHT OUT OF THE BUILDING!!!

LoL, the JAMES BROTHERS

theimortalone
06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I love this time of the year! :)

masalex1205
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM

bahaha

greg_ory_2005
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Cavs should definitely get this done. Mike will finally have some useful role players to play alongside. :clap: