PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson + 6th pick for Amare Stoudemire? *Update: NBA Source Says No

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_on_mo.html

An NBA executive told the Boston Globe today that the Minnesota Timberwolves is working a deal with the Phoenix Suns that would send former Celtics forward Al Jefferson and their sixth pick in next week's NBA Draft for All-Star Amare Stoudemire.

The Suns, which have dangled Stoudemire for some time, found a suitor in Minnesota that is in transition. The team announced today that coach Kevin McHale has ended his 15-year association with the team. New basketball of operations David Kahn is looking to take the franchise into another direction.

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Why the **** would Minny do that?

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Not sure if this is true, or how much truth is behind it....but if thats true, I find that extremely dumb by the Wolves.

IMO Al Jefferson is better then Amare...but to top it off, trade the 6th pick with it? Not to mention, the Wolves dont have a PG like Nash to make life easy for Amare the way Nash did.

Giaps
06-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Minny getting raped. Stoudemire would be gone by 2010.

kingkobe
This makes no sense and why are Boston writers caring about this? Don't they have stuff in Boston to cover? I smell BS.

Hustla23
Wow that is a horrendous deal for Minnesota.

I knew McHale was dumber than a donkey on dope, but this is just pushing it.

Giaps
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow that is a horrendous deal for Minnesota.

I knew McHale was dumber than a donkey on dope, but this is just pushing it.
He's not the GM anymore... he's not even working for them at all anymore.

ink
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
What a steal that would be for the Suns!

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
^^More like brutal *** rape.

cmellofan15
06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
the suns would be gettin' away with murder on this one.

thesparky33
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM
There is no truth to this.

If this were to happen, call the police, because they'll have a dead body to retreive from my house.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 12:48 AM
lol, i hope this is true.

it's not though

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 12:50 AM
couple of reason this wont happen.

i doubt amare wants to play in minnesota, he wont resign there.

why would minnesota trade a younger PF for an older PF who will command more money.

And the 6th pick?? lol, yer right.

as i said i hope it happens, but it wont, its pure ********

GodsSon
06-18-2009, 12:54 AM
i'd trade Bosh to minny for Al and the 6th lol...better then the garbage Heat and Chicago rumours constantly floating around

Cubs Win
06-18-2009, 12:58 AM
This would be an awful trade for Minny? I hope they're not considering this.

theuuord
06-18-2009, 12:59 AM
wow, david kahn is dying to make a name for himself.

Beno7500
06-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Minnesota is dumb if they do this.

homestarunner93
06-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Al is already as good, if not better than Amar'e. His defense is definetly better. This is the worst trade idea I've seen in a long time.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:06 AM
his d isnt that much better, there both bad on d

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:07 AM
his not better than amare either, al jeff is just a good player playing on a bad team, padding his stats

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 01:10 AM
his not better than amare either, al jeff is just a good player playing on a bad team, padding his stats

Al Jeff is better then Amare. Has better defense, and offense. Doesnt rely on someone to give him the ball in a pick and roll situation every time.

I dont see why people say "hes just a good player on a bad team". He would be a good player any where. If he didnt constantly face double teams Im sure he would put up even better #'s.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
maybe this is a trade that possibly leads up to a trade with the Suns and Celtics. Where Big Al comes home to Boston.

Plus, as rumored Ainge is very interested in Evans and Rubio. Well this could be the perfect deal.

Big Al, Barbosa, #6 pick for Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo

BTownTeamsRKing
06-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Al Jeff is better then Amare. Has better defense, and offense. Doesnt rely on someone to give him the ball in a pick and roll situation every time.

I dont see why people say "hes just a good player on a bad team". He would be a good player any where. If he didnt constantly face double teams Im sure he would put up even better #'s.

:clap: respecting Big Al. people dont know it yet, but he has the best post moves and back to the basket game since Tim Duncan.

GodsSon
06-18-2009, 01:13 AM
^^ its nice to dream

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 01:16 AM
:clap: respecting Big Al. people dont know it yet, but he has the best post moves and back to the basket game since Tim Duncan.

Agreed. Ever since I saw him in Boston in a game against TD, I was amazed at how good and polished his moves were. I have been a big fan of his ever since then. Sad that not alot of people get to see him play in Minny.

thesparky33
If anything, playing in a D'Antoni system with Steve Nash pushing the ball up the court and disregarding defense would pad your stats more than anything.

So having horrible teammates around him, so teams could double and triple team him all game long, is making it easier for him to score points and get rebounds? Sounds like great reasoning... :rolleyes:

kblo247

Pau's post moves are better than Al's and Amare's combined

goku

are you kidding me amare pts come from nash in pick and roll amare dont have a back to the basket game al can get his own shot in the post

PurpleJesus
06-18-2009, 01:17 AM
OMG, if this is true, fire kahn and bring back mchale

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:18 AM
al jeff's defense isnt good either....

i know steve nash made amare a beast offensively.

but amare still avaged 20 pts without nash in his 2nd year.

i know all jeff will be a good player on any team, but he is a first option on a bad team.
its easy to average 20 a game as a first option on a bad team.

im not sayin his a bad player, i just think amare is better

Joshtd1
06-18-2009, 01:20 AM

Well Amare has like no post moves..so basically your saying Pau's are better then Al's. I disagree though. Gasol has a better overall offensive game since he is a better shooter, but IMHO Al is the better post player.

goku
06-18-2009, 01:21 AM

not really al jefferson is a beast he has so many up and unders has a nice 15 shot he kind of AND I MEAN KIND remind u of the dream remember KIND OF
timberwolves bet not do this deal

even though jefferson is coming off a torn acl

BTownTeamsRKing
06-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Agreed. Ever since I saw him in Boston in a game against TD, I was amazed at how good and polished his moves were. I have been a big fan of his ever since then. Sad that not alot of people get to see him play in Minny.

In Boston, we were all shocked everytime he pulled that baby hook shot or those up and under post fakes. I would love to get him back and pair him with KG if that Suns deal went down.

Evans
Barbosa
Pierce
KG
Big AL.

that would be fun to watch.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:24 AM
are you kidding me amare pts come from nash in pick and roll amare dont have a back to the basket game al can get his own shot in the post

thank captain obvious......i know nash made amare a beast.
amare hasnt had to develop a back to basket game, beacuse of nash and the system he was in....so whats ur point??? they can score in different ways, so what....

goku
06-18-2009, 01:30 AM
thank captain obvious......i know nash made amare a beast.
amare hasnt had to develop a back to basket game, beacuse of nash and the system he was in....so whats ur point??? they can score in different ways, so what....

i just think if it happen yall would be butt raping the wolves

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:32 AM
maybe this is a trade that possibly leads up to a trade with the Suns and Celtics. Where Big Al comes home to Boston.

Plus, as rumored Ainge is very interested in Evans and Rubio. Well this could be the perfect deal.

man i hope to god that trade doesnt go down.

AI4MVP
06-18-2009, 01:33 AM
ok its not debateably. al jefferson IS better then amare stoudemire. Al jefferson DID amare in every head to head match up until the suns aquired shaq to guard him. and al jefferson REBOUNDS the ball and at least pretends to try on defense. I dont believe they would be the ones throwing in a pick

if anything, this deal should be amare and the 14th for al jefferson

AI4MVP
06-18-2009, 01:35 AM
and to the guy that said maybe this is leading up to the boston trade, no. sorry. u already traded away al jefferson for your past and present(KG), now ur not getting ur future back. sorry

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:36 AM
i just think if it happen yall would be butt raping the wolves

no man, i agree, minnesota would be stupid to do this trade.
they should keep al jeff, he's young and lokced up for anothers 4years(i think) and the 6th pick.

why would they want amare, he's older and more expoensive and relies more of having a great PG.

abe_froman
06-18-2009, 01:38 AM
i know minny's new gm wants changes and to make a splash and all but i dont see this being real

VCaintdead17
06-18-2009, 01:44 AM
wtf

AL JEFF IS BETTER THAN AMARE,

plus the sixth???

ewwww

cmellofan15
06-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Honestly, I just wanna see a blockbuster trade go down

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:52 AM
ok its not debateably. al jefferson IS better then amare stoudemire. Al jefferson DID amare in every head to head match up until the suns aquired shaq to guard him. and al jefferson REBOUNDS the ball and at least pretends to try on defense. I dont believe they would be the ones throwing in a pick

if anything, this deal should be amare and the 14th for al jefferson

yer it looks that way, but in those games all jeff was taken a ridiclious amount of shots, he was taking anywhere from around 25-30 shots a game.

amare was taken around 15 MAX.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM
^^ and shooting at a much high %

cwilson21
06-18-2009, 01:57 AM
I swear to God if this is even remotely true that I'm done ordering the NBA Pass. Absolutely makes no sense at all.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Al Jefferson is a much better player than Amare Stoudemire. This would be a HUGE steal for the Suns.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:16 AM
it wont happen...

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:23 AM
it wont happen...

True. Minnesota isn't that stupid. Amare is basically an injury-prone forward with zero defensive IQ and an obsession with shooting jumpers instead of going in the paint. Not to mention he's not dedicated and is an awful example/leader.

Blackification
06-18-2009, 02:25 AM
True. Minnesota isn't that stupid. Amare is basically an injury-prone forward with zero defensive IQ and an obsession with shooting jumpers instead of going in the paint. Not to mention he's not dedicated and is an awful example/leader.

I understand you dont like him but now you are just pulling things out of your ***..

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:28 AM
injury prone??? he had micro fracture surgery.... came back from that to be an all star.
then had a freak injury with his eye.

and really thats what amare 'bascially is'

what he really is bacially an all star PF, who is excellent on offense, but lacks any sense of defensive IQ.

amare takes in to the paint alot.....dont know what your talking about there, i know he takes his fair amount of jumpers but there usually wide open jumpers.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:31 AM
I understand you dont like him but now you are just pulling things out of your ***..

Not really. Those were and continue to be legitimate gripes about Amare.

He shot way too many jump-shots this season. He has barely any low-post moves anymore. His coaches even noted in several interviews that Amare had been practicing jumpers all the time now (which is not a good thing).

Another fact remains is that he is not very dedicated. In fact, his lack of dedication and hard work was a reason his return from micro-fracture surgery got held back. He got lazy and stopped trying. Fact.

Truthfully, I don't see how full blown facts can be correlated with pulling things out of ones ***.

thesparky33
06-18-2009, 02:32 AM
yer it looks that way, but in those games all jeff was taken a ridiclious amount of shots, he was taking anywhere from around 25-30 shots a game.

amare was taken around 15 MAX.

You're right, Amare didnt take as many shots, but their FG% in those 2 games last year were almost identical.

Also, take note of the 6 games they played head to head over the last two seasons:

- Al Jeff averaged 29 points, 15 rebounds

- Amare averaged 22 points, 7 rebounds

I'd take Al Jeff any day over Amare.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:33 AM

raping chicks and bagging out team mates in public is a bad example IMHO

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:34 AM
injury prone??? he had micro fracture surgery.... came back from that to be an all star.
then had a freak injury with his eye.

and really thats what amare 'bascially is'

what he really is bacially an all star PF, who is excellent on offense, but lacks any sense of defensive IQ.

amare takes in to the paint alot.....dont know what your talking about there, i know he takes his fair amount of jumpers but there usually wide open jumpers.

I made a point to DVR quite a few of the Suns games this season before the trade deadline because of the rumors of the Suns wanting to possibly deal Amare. I was interested in him and basically watched the Suns for the sake of watching him individually.

He was a joke. It was pitiful what I saw from Amare from a game to game basis. We are talking stupid offensive basketball. Paying absolutely zero attention to defensive play. Not playing in the post. Being selfish. Making bad decisions with the basketball. I can go on and on.

It was a disgrace IMO (when I say disgrace, I mean that I was severely disappointing with what I saw compared to hype and analysis of his play).

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:35 AM
You're right, Amare didnt take as many shots, but their FG% in those 2 games last year were almost identical.

Also, take note of the 6 games they played head to head over the last two seasons:

- Al Jeff averaged 29 points, 15 rebounds

- Amare averaged 22 points, 7 rebounds

I'd take Al Jeff any day over Amare.

amare shot 66% and all jeff shot 50%.......thats when they were guarding each other, not when SHAQ was playing.

i can understand why someone would all jeff over amare, no argument there

#1Mavericksfan
06-18-2009, 02:35 AM
If Amare agrees to sign a contract extension then the trade might happen, there's no way the Wolves are gonna trade for a player to have for only one season but you never know.

Blackification
06-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Not really. Those were and continue to be legitimate gripes about Amare.

He shot way too many jump-shots this season. He has barely any low-post moves anymore. His coaches even noted in several interviews that Amare had been practicing jumpers all the time now (which is not a good thing).

Another fact remains is that he is not very dedicated. In fact, his lack of dedication and hard work was a reason his return from micro-fracture surgery got held back. He got lazy and stopped trying. Fact.

Truthfully, I don't see how full blown facts can be correlated with pulling things out of ones ***.

Terry Porter wanted him to shoot more jumpers because they were dishing inside to shaq and he wanted to give shaq room. There is a reason why Porter got fired.

And you don't come back from a microfracture surgery without being dedicated and its very hard to stay away from the things he grew up with without being dedicated. Also, I don't see how he stopped trying when he is back I am sorry he didn't rush an injury to come back to a team that was doing just fine.

Your opinion about a persons work ethic is not fact and to use it as one and say it is one just proves how much you dislike someone you never even met.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:39 AM
I made a point to DVR quite a few of the Suns games this season before the trade deadline because of the rumors of the Suns wanting to possibly deal Amare. I was interested in him and basically watched the Suns for the sake of watching him individually.

He was a joke. It was pitiful what I saw from Amare from a game to game basis. We are talking stupid offensive basketball. Paying absolutely zero attention to defensive play. Not playing in the post. Being selfish. Making bad decisions with the basketball. I can go on and on
It was a disgrace IMO (when I say disgrace, I mean that I was severely disappointing with what I saw compared to hype and analysis of his play).

i cant possibly belive you. becasue you already said amare doesnt take the ball into the paint and relies on jumpers all day. which just isnt true

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
amare only takes wided open jumpers

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
raping chicks and bagging out team mates in public is a bad example IMHO

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to fall into your baiting trap. Instead, I'll put out facts:

Kobe never intentionally bagged teammates in public. NEVER. He was talking to friends and fans and somebody video-taped him. Not his fault. Fact. BTW--Players have said worse to the media. EXAMPLE: Larry Bird called his teammates pansies and sissies during the NBA Finals to the media. Fact.

Kobe Bryant on the Los Angeles Lakers basketball squad and the Olympic USA squad was ALWAYS the first player to enter the gym and the last player to leave. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. Bryant inspired Howard, James, and Wade to work on their games more. Most of all, Anthony carried his routine and dedication close to heart. Fact.

Bryant spent hours on end teaching Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic studying techniques. He taught them the defensive and offensive schemes of all 29 opposing basketball squads. Not only that, but he taught them the art of studying game tape and scouting reports.

Not only that, but Bryant spent many hours and even made a book for Trevor Ariza. Yes, Trevor Ariza. This book, Ariza calls his "Bible." This taught him shooting motions, etc. Ariza developed into a 50% shooter and 48% three point ace shooter in the playoffs. He thanks Hodges and Bryant.

I dare you to say Bryant isn't one of the best leaders in this game. I dare you to say Bryant isn't the absolute best example of a basketball player we have today. His mix of General Patton and a caring Teacher is the best mix in the NBA IMHO.

THE MTL
06-18-2009, 02:42 AM
So fake................Amare playing in Minny and Al Jeff shouldnt even be available.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:44 AM

Kobe never intentionally bagged teammates in public. NEVER. He was talking to friends and fans and somebody video-taped him. Not his fault. Fact. BTW--Players have said worse to the media. EXAMPLE: Larry Bird called his teammates pansies and sissies during the NBA Finals to the media. Fact.

Kobe Bryant on the Los Angeles Lakers basketball squad and the Olympic USA squad was ALWAYS the first player to enter the gym and the last player to leave. DEDICATION. HARD WORK. Bryant inspired Howard, James, and Wade to work on their games more. Most of all, Anthony carried his routine and dedication close to heart. Fact.

Bryant spent hours on end teaching Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic studying techniques. He taught them the defensive and offensive schemes of all 29 opposing basketball squads. Not only that, but he taught them the art of studying game tape and scouting reports.

Not only that, but Bryant spent many hours and even made a book for Trevor Ariza. Yes, Trevor Ariza. This book, Ariza calls his "Bible." This taught him shooting motions, etc. Ariza developed into a 50% shooter and 48% three point ace shooter in the playoffs. He thanks Hodges and Bryant.

I dare you to say Bryant isn't one of the best leaders in this game. I dare you to say Bryant isn't the absolute best example of a basketball player we have today. His mix of General Patton and a caring Teacher is the best mix in the NBA IMHO.

its working out well for them two:rolleyes:, most laker fans want them gone.
kobe should stay away from them, he seems to be affecting there play in a negative way.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:47 AM

it was a differnet time/generation what ever you wanna call it.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:47 AM
its working out well for them two:rolleyes:, most laker fans want them gone.
kobe should stay away from them, he seems to be affecting there play in a negative way.

1. Fantastic job of pointing out a single part of the post and using it as the end all, be all. Ignoring the fact that Ariza was a key cog to the championship.

2. I, too, want Farmar and Vujacic gone. It does not change the fact that Bryant helped both players improve from where they were (Vujacic: nobody, Farmar: D-League).

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:48 AM
it was a differnet time/generation what ever you wanna call it.

I feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall. Give me more substance. More explanation. This post doesn't mean anything.

Lost Art
06-18-2009, 02:50 AM
I don't see how this works for either team???? Giving up AJ and the 6th is a lot for Amare. But also AJ doesn't really fit with Nash and Shaq in the Suns system. Nash needs to run to be effective.........and with Shaq in the middle, there isn't much room for AJ to work in the post. IMO this would make both teams worse.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:51 AM
i already knew most of what you just typed, i just dont know why you wrote it......

i know his a hardworker and all that yarda yarda yarda.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:54 AM
your post about you "analysing" amare didnt mean anything.

it was just a bunch of jibberish that wasnt true.

"amare relies on jumpers"
"amare doesnt take it into the paint"

and then all this crap about amare bveing selfish or something.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:54 AM
i already knew most of what you just typed, i just dont know why you wrote it......

i know his a hardworker and all that yarda yarda yarda.

I wrote it because of your claim of him being a bad example similar or possibly worse than Amare.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:56 AM
you dont think that raping a chick is worse than not playing defense??

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:56 AM
your post about you "analysing" amare didnt mean anything.

it was just a bunch of jibberish that wasnt true.

"amare relies on jumpers"
"amare doesnt take it into the paint"

and then all this crap about amare bveing selfish or something.

Amare doesn't rely on jumpers. Never said that. Just said he takes way too many and he doesn't go into the paint as much (which was a gripe of the coaching staff).

Amare is notorious for being very, very selfish on the court. Not much to argue there. The combination of that, bad decision making, and a porous IQ is what makes his talent hard to watch.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 02:58 AM
you dont think that raping a chick is worse than not playing defense??

Sure. I just don't see how rape fits into the context of the game of basketball. Not to mention Bryant never raped a women. He committed adultery. Magic Johnson also committed adultery. Dwyane Wade also committed adultery. Lebron James also committed adultery.

In what way, shape or form, does that build or defame their play as basketball players? It's irrelevant.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Amare doesn't rely on jumpers. Never said that. Just said he takes way too many and he doesn't go into the paint as much (which was a gripe of the coaching staff).

Amare is notorious for being very, very selfish on the court. Not much to argue there. The combination of that, bad decision making, and a porous IQ is what makes his talent hard to watch.

please explain.

Kyle N.
06-18-2009, 03:00 AM
Hopefully this is a joke for Minnesota fans to laugh at.

kblo247
06-18-2009, 03:02 AM
raping chicks and bagging out teammates in public is a bad example IMHO

Steve Nash has never been accused of rape, but I sure do remember him grabbing a hold of Kobe's set while being dunked on.

You shouldn't talk about anyone being a bad teammate while you have Shaq on your squad throwing people under the bus or making love child picks.

How in the Hell can you take a shot at Duncan or Kobe for that matter when your team cannot even make it out of the west and celebrates winning division banners?

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Steve Nash has never been accused of rape, but I sure do remember him grabbing a hold of Kobe's set while being dunked on.

i also remember nash has two mvp's and kobe has 1.
You shouldn't talk about anyone being a bad teammate while you have Shaq on your squad throwing people under the bus or making love child picks.

he learnt that from kobe when they were in LA together

How in the Hell can you take a shot at Duncan or Kobe for that matter when your team cannot even make it out of the west?WTF are you talking about? u dumb ****

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:08 AM
please explain.

By making bad decisions for the sake of individual statistics, it makes him selfish. By not putting any effort to defensive play, it makes him selfish. I can go on and on.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:09 AM

How in the Hell can you take a shot at Duncan or Kobe for that matter when your team cannot even make it out of the west and celebrates winning division banners?

Remember when Phoenix held a full blown parade for Barkley's Suns for being second place to the Bulls? :laugh: That always cracks me up.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:10 AM
he does put effort, his just not that good on the defensive side.

he doesnt make dumb decisons for indivisual stats, lol.
thius just isnt true......u can spit it however u like, but it just isnt true

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:11 AM

Nash has 2 MVP awards to Bryant's 1 MVP is your statement? Are you insinuating that Nash is the better player?

Shaq pulled those stunts before L.A.

Duncan=Donkey is what he is talking about.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:12 AM
he does put effort, his just not that good on the defensive side.

he doesnt make dumb decisons for indivisual stats, lol.
thius just isnt true......u can spit it however u like, but it just isnt true

Watch a Suns game and focus on Amare. Then think of what is the right basketball move. Then watch Amare do the complete opposite leading to a negative for his team.

Sure, he is a good player. He does do good things. He's just vastly overrated and makes awful decisions all around.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:14 AM
1. he was being an immature dick, so i decided ill be one

2. ill tell it like i see it, shaq can be a bad team mate, im not going to say other wise just cause he's playing for phoenix.

3. Duncan = Donkey has absoluelty nothing to do with Tim Duncan.
i actually respect Duncan, good player and isnt a dick or anything

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Watch a Suns game and focus on Amare. Then think of what is the right basketball move. Then watch Amare do the complete opposite leading to a negative for his team.

Sure, he is a good player. He does do good things. He's just vastly overrated and makes awful decisions all around.

i watch around 60 suns games a season. amare doesnt do dumb **** consistently like your saying he does.
you obvioulsy have alot of hate for the guy

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:19 AM
i watch around 60 suns games a season. amare doesnt do dumb **** consistently like your saying he does.

I actually don't hate Amare. I rarely post about the dude. The fact remains is that his BBIQ is near zero. Add to that the fact that his defensive effort and play is one of the worst in the league. I just can't respect that.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:22 AM
well for a guy who supposebly no B BALL IQ, plays with no effort at all, he seems to be doing extremley well, which is very odd

kblo247
06-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Remember when Phoenix held a full blown parade for Barkley's Suns for being second place to the Bulls? :laugh: That always cracks me up.

I remember it, and think it was pathetic. If we celebrated being second place we would have had 30 parades, and we wouldn't be able to see the ceiling if we hung every guys jersey who actually halped win titles or division banners.

Amare gives up just about if not more than what he gets on the offensive end to his opponents. That fact that he is so athletically gifted, but is lazy when it comes to playing D, rebounding, and learning post moves is why I agree with him that Amare does dumb **** on a daily basis.

ARMIN12NBA
06-18-2009, 03:26 AM
well for a guy who supposebly no B BALL IQ, plays with no effort at all, he seems to be doing extremley well, which is very odd

It's not odd. The dude is an athletic monster. That is why he disappoints me and leaves A LOT to be desired. He is nowhere near his potential.

JabberJaw
06-18-2009, 03:28 AM
These bogus trade rumors...Jefferson and their 6th pick for Stoudamire? Wow, would Minnesota get raped on that one. I don't even think I would want to trade AJ for Amare straight up. AJ is younger and is IMO just as good. Then you throw in the 6th? Nahhhh!
That is almost as bad as the rumor that Jamison and the 5th for Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. Unless the Wizards and T-Wolves front office is run by Sloth from Goonies, these trade rumors are made for comedic value. These teams arent trying to help out the Suns and Cavs. Why would you want to help a team out in your own conference? Its just Cavs and Suns media trying to justify falling short of their goals.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:32 AM
I remember it, and think it was pathetic. If we celebrated being second place we would have had 30 parades, and we wouldn't be able to see the ceiling if we hung every guys jersey who actually halped win titles or division banners.

Amare gives up just about if not more than what he gets on the offensive end to his opponents. That fact that he is so athletically gifted, but is lazy when it comes to playing D, rebounding, and learning post moves is why I agree with him that Amare does dumb **** on a daily basis.

just casue you agree with him, doesnt make it true.

when amare gets it going on the offensive side of things, his defense seems to be alot stronger. i think all suns fans would agree here.

When his struggling offensively or doesnt get his touches thats when he doesnt try. this is what happened when shaq was the focal point of offense under porter, he didnt really play withy any heart.

this season when amare becomers the focal point of offense i think you will see what type pf player he really is.

thje fact is he was a beast under dantoni, the porter came and gave the offense to shaq (amare's play became non-existant), then he left, gentry came in, amare went beast again suns went on a good winning srteak, then amare got injured.

so thats how i see it

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:36 AM
It's not odd. The dude is an athletic monster. That is why he disappoints me and leaves A LOT to be desired. He is nowhere near his potential.

so why is tyrus thomas so crap. and amare is so good?

tyrus has no b ball iq, and according to you. amare doesnt.
tyrus does play with heart, according to you amare doesnt.
Both are atletic freaks (tyrus more athletic)

dont use steve nash as your argument. amare avaerged 20 a game with that ball hog marbury

kblo247
06-18-2009, 03:45 AM
so why is tyrus thomas so crap. and amare is so good?

tyrus has no b ball iq, and according to you. amare doesnt.
tyrus does play with heart, according to you amare doesnt.
Both are atletic freaks (tyrus more athletic)

dont use steve nash as your argument. amare avaerged 20 a game with that ball hog marbury

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/amare_stoudemire/career_stats.html

Career Season Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
02-03 PHO 82 71 31.3 0.472 0.200 0.661 3.0 5.7 8.8 1.0 0.8 1.1 2.30 3.30 13.5

Career Playoff Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
02-03 PHO 6 6 33.8 0.523 1.000 0.571 2.7 5.2 7.8 1.2 1.7 1.5 3.17 4.70 14.2

Marbury played a total of 34 games on 03-04 before getting traded; Amare played 55 games that season, was injured early, and Barbosa took the reigns as the suns missed the post season ;) nice try though

Vinny642
06-18-2009, 03:46 AM
I dont like this trade, Al Jefferson and the first(8th overall) for Amare, eww
Maybe if you take out the first it'd be more even.

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:48 AM
well thats more impressive he averged 20 points with a SG playing PG.
proves he doesnt need a great PG to put up awesome numbers

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:52 AM
just a question - how come you have his rookie year quoted/wrapped??

Duncan = Donkey
06-18-2009, 03:53 AM
and what do you mean "nice try though"???

he averged 20 a game without nash

ragee
06-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Why the hell would the T-Wolves do that?!

STAT1
06-18-2009, 04:23 AM
i feel like it doesnt make sense for the suns either. i like it but wit Al and Shaq the paint would be clogged more than it was last year.

kblo247
06-18-2009, 04:24 AM
Why the hell would the T-Wolves do that?!

I stopped asking myself that after they traded away Roy and Mayo

JayW_1023
06-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Jefferson is already better than Amare...so this makes no sense.

MN Hitman
06-18-2009, 05:22 AM

Why did you have to bring that up? I still nightmares about that.

DitchDat
06-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Al Jeff > Ama're

EX-TREME
06-18-2009, 06:34 AM
This trade makes no sense :confused:

king4day
06-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I read in the Suns forum that, per a local Suns radio show (Gambo and Ash), that this is indeed BS.

Let me dispel these rumors before they start to takeoff as I have received several emails based on some blogs saying Amare Stoudemire is going to Minnesota for Al Jefferson and the #6 pick.

First, the trade would be a steal for the Suns.

Second, Minnesota's new top man David Kahn might be fired if he made that trade it is so one-sided.

But the truth is that there have been NO discussions between the teams about this trade.

http://www.ktar.com/?nid=624&sid=1180772

phila_gorilla
06-18-2009, 09:46 AM

Sike. Wishful thinking.

JayW_1023
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
^^^^

Crazy someone would approve that trade, especially a Boston fan. Rondo has arguably been Bostons best player last postseason...he is the future of that team. He averaged a triple doube a large chunk of the series against Chicago geez. Trading him would make Kevin McHales past moves look genius by comparison.

Lo Porto
06-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Now if this trade is true, wow. If Amare does a sign-and-trade and the Suns throw in #14, it wouldn't be too bad. In this economy, the addition of Amare would probably sell a few more tickets...

nygiants242
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Holy ****, are the Wolves high?

IndiansFan337
06-18-2009, 10:18 AM

That's what I am thinking....Jefferson is signed long term. And Stoudemire is CERTAINLY NOT going to re sign with Minnesota. Unless they are trying to get out from under Jefferson's contract I don't see how this makes sense. And I don't see why they'd want out from under his contract. He's only 23 or so. This makes no sense. That is without even factoring in the draft choice. I would not even trade Jefferson straight up for Stoudemire if I was Minnesota, let alone give them the #6 pick.

:confused:

Jahari Kavi
06-18-2009, 10:22 AM
wow.......i mean.......wow.

beans439
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
was just on espn. i guess it is a true rumor. wow

ctitus45
06-18-2009, 10:40 AM
if this does happen...Suns should turn around that 6 and 14 to Memphis for what would be Rubio. It sets up a nice future for the Suns.

Hawkeye15
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
There is no way Minnesota does this. It came from some Boston sportswriter. That would be the biggest ripoff I can think of. Jefferson is better than Amare straight up, and then giving them a lottery pick for a guy who would play one year and move on is suicide.

Vee-Rex
06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
This may not be realistic, but I gotta speak up for my Cavs here.

Cavs should try to get in on this for a 3-way trade. Big Al would be perfect for us.

T-wolves get:

Amare Stoudemire
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavolic

Suns get:

Ben Wallace
J.J. Hickson
T-Wolves 1st round pick (6th overall)
Cavaliers 1st Round pick

Cavaliers get:

Al Jefferson
?? (maybe a couple bums to help with salary issues)

Lo Porto
06-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Cavs should try to get in on this for a 3-way trade. Big Al would be perfect for us.

T-wolves get:

Amare Stoudemire
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavolic

Suns get:

Ben Wallace
J.J. Hickson
Cavaliers 1st Round pick

Cavaliers get:

Al Jefferson

Sure - the Suns would rather have Hickson, Wallace #6 and #30 instead of #6 and Al Jefferson. C'mon dude...

Vee-Rex
06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
It seems like you may have a little trouble reading.

Try reading the first line in my post again.

mavwar53
06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Big Al is better than stodamire why would this happen.

Vee-Rex
06-18-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't know. Rumors are just rumors. Things get blown out of proportion.

Minnesota would be stupid to make this deal for Amare. But hey, while the rumor is out there, might as well have fun with it (which is why I made the post about the Cavs). ;)

fishfan79
06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
amare would need a new contract first

Jahari Kavi
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
i mean minny would be trading away their future.........if they get amare it must be, because they have another deal in the works.

ManRam
06-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't feel like sifting through 118 posts...

Does anyone actually think this is a good idea for the Wolves?? I can't fathom an idea as to why they'd do this.

J-Relo
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
what's AL contract?

ManRam
06-18-2009, 11:18 AM
what's AL contract?

12M next year
13M the year after
14M in 2011/12
15M in 2012/13

Westbrook36
06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Thats an Awesome deal for the Suns. I think Amare is a great player but the 6th pick is far from the difference of Amare and Jefferson. If the Suns can pull this off then it would be a great deal because they can draft a PG like Jennings and Jefferson is locked up longer.

king4day
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM

T-wolves get:

Amare Stoudemire
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavolic

Suns get:

Ben Wallace
J.J. Hickson
Cavaliers 1st Round pick

Cavaliers get:

Al Jefferson

:puke:

xabial
06-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Pau Gasol trade 2.0 anyone?

iam brett favre
06-18-2009, 11:24 AM
WTF?
I just saw this on Sportscenter....there's so many bad trades in the NBA. This certainly being no exception.

iam brett favre
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Seriously...its trade like this, Pau, Kidd, Shaq that make it so hard to watch the NBA.
:pity: To the Wolves if they do this.

NIUHuskies
06-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Seriously...its trade like this, Pau, Kidd, Shaq that make it so hard to watch the NBA.
:pity: To the Wolves if they do this.

Who watches the Timberwolves?

NJrockPD
06-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Sports Center just made a point to shoot this Trade down. It said there is absolutely no truth to this trade rumor and it's not going to happen.

NIUHuskies
06-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Sports Center just made a point to shoot this Trade down. It said there is absolutely no truth to this trade rumor and it's not going to happen.

ESPN is so bad at reporting ridiculous rumors then shooting them down.

There should be strikes for each stupid rumor.

3 strikes and you're fired.

bostncelts34
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
worst trade. WHy would minny trade there all star pf(disregard voting)AND there 6 pick which they need for another all star pf.

Maybe big al's knee is worse then people know? But then again, amare is injury prone too.

jmastert
06-18-2009, 11:34 AM
minni is retarted if this is true, al jefferson in my ming holds more weight thn amare. jefferson is younger and also great maybe straight up is more like it but the extra 6th pick is awful.

icon1914
06-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I can kinda see the logic on the Wolves side. It gives them a player that can still attract a crowd... once the contract is up they can let him walk and save a whole lot of money. They might want to get lean and might think Jefferson is lacking what is needed in a franchise player.

Giving up the 6th pick as well does not make any sense, unless they get the 14th pick in return... still not sure though. Its only the inclusion of the pick that make this such a bad trade. Other wise it looks just like any trade where a team is looking to shed some salary.

mikantsass
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
THIS TRADE ISNT HAPPENING. NEW GM OF THE WOLVES CALLED BIG AL AND TOLD HIM HES NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html

thephoenixson28
06-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I think it would be a great trade for the suns. I really don't want to give up stoudemire but if its for al jefferson and the 6th I say pull the trigger. Some of you guys are acting like this is like the pau gasol trade. Lets just see what happens. They were talking about it on sports center that they are talking right now so hopefully it happens.

Jahari Kavi
06-18-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah twovles pres of basketball operations was just on espn saying the trade wasn't going down.

Lo Porto
06-18-2009, 11:55 AM
It seems like you may have a little trouble reading.

Try reading the first line in my post again.

"This may not be realistic". I saw that and still had to say something.

ManRam
06-18-2009, 11:58 AM
ESPN is so bad at reporting ridiculous rumors then shooting them down.

There should be strikes for each stupid rumor.

3 strikes and you're fired.

ESPN didn't start this rumor...the Globe did.

king4day
06-18-2009, 12:00 PM
THIS TRADE ISNT HAPPENING. NEW GM OF THE WOLVES CALLED BIG AL AND TOLD HIM HES NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html

So if Phoenix is the team that proposed this, why would they be dumb enough to request the Wolves throw in their pick as well?
Sounds like Kerr really wants to make up for what he's done to this franchise.

Jay22Redd
06-18-2009, 12:36 PM
dumb trade for minny to me

C_Mund
06-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I only read about half of this thread, but somehow it turned into Celtic fans thinking that THEY would end up with Al for....Ray Allen? Come on. McHale is done, so you won't be getting any more deals like that from the Wolves or anyone.

If I were in Minny I'd riot if this trade went down. Some are saying that it's easy to pad your stats on a bad team and that Pau is better...didn't he do the same thing in Memphis until he got "traded"?

BenFrank
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
This would be a loose - loose situation for Minny.. Jefferson's a beast, and thay could get some good talent at 6.. not to mention Amare would leave when his contract expires

Hawkeye15
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Peeps, this isn't happening. Kahn has personally called Jefferson and told him the rumors are false. Move on.
And as a die hard Wolves fan, I would get shock treatment to remove them from my brain if they did this trade

cwilson21
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM

Hahahahahahah can you write up a funnier trade idea than this POS?

m26555
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Stoudemire STRAIGHT UP if I were Minnesota; never mind throwing in the sixth pick, as well.

IndiansFan337
06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't trade Jefferson for Stoudemire STRAIGHT UP if I were Minnesota; never mind throwing in the sixth pick, as well.

That's what I was thinking too!

thesparky33
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM

Most people thought it was dumb to trade Mayo, but NOBODY thought twice about the Roy/Foye trade at the time, and to be honest, I remember ESPN and all of the national media thinking that Minnesota got the better end of the deal because there were question marks about Roy's ability to stay healthy.

So that's how I know you're full of crap.

Caution1011
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
i'd trade Bosh to minny for Al and the 6th lol...better then the garbage Heat and Chicago rumours constantly floating around
He is might be coming to the Heat if he doesn't get traded to Minny. Don't hate because your team sucks and you don't have Dwayne Wade:p. This trade is all over sportscenter.

Mikeleafs
06-18-2009, 01:41 PM
He is might be coming to the Heat if he doesn't get traded to Minny. Don't hate because your team sucks and you don't have Dwayne Wade:p. This trade is all over sportscenter.

Hey Caution! Outside of Wade the Heat have nothing so unless they do sign Amare or do something to improve your team, watch out for Wade to leave in 2010 as well...

As for the Minny trade, I would trade Bosh for Al Jeff straight up!:D

The raps lineup would be solid:

Jefferson
Bargs
Marion
DeRozan
Calderon

CELTICS4LYFE
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM

thats exactly what i was thinking.....

LAKERS 24/7
06-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Minny wouldn't do that

CELTICS4LYFE
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM

:smoking: PASS IT OVER HERE MAN!!!!

LayZbone
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
The Suns better be giving the wolves the 14th pick as well.....even if they do, it's still a rape.

Raidaz4Life
06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Wait minny is the one who is trying to initiate the trade?? Good Lord they are dumber than I thought

DLeeicious
06-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Wait minny is the one who is trying to initiate the trade?? Good Lord they are dumber than I thought

No, Phoenix initiated things.

king4day
06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm surprised this thread is still open. It was shot down from 1. the source, 2. from a Suns radio person, and 3. from the Wolves GM. Thread should be closed.

IversonIsKrazy
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM
OMG, y tha **** would minny do that. We'd give u Bosh + 8th for Big Al + 6th.

Kakaroach
06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow if Minnesota does this..... I think Big Al is better than Amare but they also included the pick as well? I just hope this trade doesn't happen, cuz then Kahn will be fired faster than he was hired.

Lindystud36
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Send Amare to the knicks for david lee and nate robinson

theimortalone
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM

T-wolves get:

Amare Stoudemire
Anderson Varejao
Sasha Pavolic

Suns get:

Ben Wallace
J.J. Hickson
Cavaliers 1st Round pick

Cavaliers get:

Al Jefferson

:puke: times 1000000000000000

Kabowdos
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Amare is better than Jefferson, but it is still a bad trade.

Minny might feel that the draft is weak this year, idk.
Amare will help ticket sales though.

king4day
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Send Amare to the knicks for david lee and nate robinson

Yes but what do the Suns get :rimshot:

sep11ie
06-18-2009, 05:15 PM
It could be true, hell, the Lakers got Gasol for a Twix and handshake.

Red222
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
ESPN INSIDER:
The Suns send Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland and Amare Stoudemire to Washington.

The Cavs send Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to Washington.

The Wizards send the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Mike James and JaVale McGee to Phoenix and Antawn Jamison to Cleveland.

AI4MVP
06-18-2009, 05:38 PM
ESPN INSIDER:

The Cavs send Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic to Phoenix and Zydrunas Ilgauskas to Washington.

The Wizards send the No. 5 pick, Etan Thomas, Mike James and JaVale McGee to Phoenix and Antawn Jamison to Cleveland.

is this an idea or an actually fact/rumor?

link?

Hawkeye15
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Minny wouldn't do that

sorry bro, I was on vacation, didn't even notice you changed you're sig
I was wrong, I will admit it. The Lakers were the toughest team this year. It is unfortunate many of the other contenders either had injuries, or big holes, and there really wasn't any challengers, but the Lakers were the best team this season.
Happy?

greg_ory_2005
06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
If the Suns pull this one off, I'll gain my respect back for Kerr. Get it done!

Hawkeye15
06-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Amare is better than Jefferson, but it is still a bad trade.

Minny might feel that the draft is weak this year, idk.
Amare will help ticket sales though.

Jefferson is younger, a better rebounder, and scores 23 ppg. Amare is even a worse defender than Big Al, and without Nash, what can he do? Plus he makes a lot more money

Ansy
06-18-2009, 06:26 PM
There's no way this is a real offer. If it were, the Suns would have already accepted it.

theimortalone
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
ESPN INSIDER:

Yeah, is this a real rumor or what?

Kyle916
06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...

Sorry if I'm late on this one, but Jefferson > Amare.

No way in hell Minnesota does that.

Steely McBeam
06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
really doesn't make any sense so I can't put too much stock into this report

unwantedplayer
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Whoa whoa whoa...

Sorry if I'm late on this one, but Jefferson > Amare.

No way in hell Minnesota does that.

No its the other way around. Jefferson is coming off surgery so he will most likely show signs of rust this season. Who knows if he will regain normal form. Amare has already proven himself and you know what to expect out of him day in and day out.

blacknell
06-18-2009, 07:45 PM
dumb trade on the part of the t wolves

djeller1139
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
So not only do the Suns get a better/younger/longer contract in Al Jefferson, but they get a top draft pick for their older, expensive, declining, opting out PF?

Baldyy
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
wow I never realized Jefferson got this much respect, seems like he's forgotten because hes on the wolves

Kyle916
06-18-2009, 08:05 PM
No its the other way around. Jefferson is coming off surgery so he will most likely show signs of rust this season. Who knows if he will regain normal form. Amare has already proven himself and you know what to expect out of him day in and day out.

Exactly, you get offensive prowess when he wants to try, and absolutely no effort on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd take Jefferson coming off surgery over Amare any day...

dodie53
06-18-2009, 08:14 PM
i'm ok with the trade but imo,
this ain't happening.

ragee
06-18-2009, 08:15 PM

:laugh: I think the Mayo trade is more reasonable than the Roy trade... Still an awful trade though... Hopefully, they can bounce back from all of those bad decisions now that McHale is gone...

Hawkeye15
06-18-2009, 08:34 PM

have you watched Jefferson?? His game doesn't exactly rely on athletic ability. At all. He is the craftiest low post player in the NBA now that Duncan has aged. He will be just fine, and is supposedly well ahead of schedule on his rehab.

H.N.I.C.
06-18-2009, 09:48 PM

I know. They'd be trading away a guy who is better than Amare Stoudemire and the #6 pick for Amare Stoudemire? There would have to be a lot more to the deal or Minnesota would be idiots.

XJW18
06-18-2009, 10:39 PM

Thats what im wondering...

If i was Phoenix, i'd do it in a heartbeat!
A young up and comer in Al Jefferson who can get you a Double Double in almost every game.
And a top ten pick!

wow.

juggla53
06-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Great deal for the suns if it went through getting AL Jeff and haveing the sixth pick were they could grab one of the many PG's to replace steve nash in a year or two or hope for that some extremely strange reason thabeet falls to you (probabley wont happen). I dont get the deal for Minny if it was Al jeff for Amare straight up that might make a little sense but why on earth include the sixth pick

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Jefferson staying put with Wolves
Email|Link|Comments (5) Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff June 18, 2009 11:21 AM

An NBA source said today that Minnesota forward-center Al Jefferson is not being traded to the Suns with the sixth overall pick for Suns All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire. An NBA executive told The Globe on Wednesday that the teams discussed the trade. But another source acknowledged the discussion, but also said the Suns were quickly turned down. The source added that the Wolves new general manager David Kahn has even called Jefferson, an ex-Celtic, to tell him the trade would not happen. As for Stoudemire, the cost-cutting Suns definitely seem interesting in moving him and his hefty salary.
bostonglobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/06/jefferson_stayi.html?s_campaign=8315)

----------------

Sorry if this had already been posted, but I'm not going to go back and read all 13 pages to find out. :cool:

Duncan = Donkey
06-19-2009, 04:33 AM
yer it was already posted. it was never going to happen

DenButsu
06-19-2009, 04:41 AM
yer it was already posted. it was never going to happen

Okay, thanks. The reason I wasn't sure was because people were still posting like it was an active rumor. Just wanted to stick a fork in it for good (hopefully the thread title change will do that).

king4day
06-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Okay, thanks. The reason I wasn't sure was because people were still posting like it was an active rumor. Just wanted to stick a fork in it for good (hopefully the thread title change will do that).

It was actually posted 3 or 4 times throughout but it hasn't stopped anyone from posting. The update in the title of the thread shouls help though. It seems to have slowed down.

Now watch, the trade happens today :D