PDA

View Full Version : Is Ricky Rubio All Hype?

ragee
06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/scott_howard-cooper/06/12/jennings.rubio/index.html

Is he? Coz I actually believe he is the best pg in the draft... What do you guys think?

clutchski
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
he's the best IMO easy.

Cubs Win
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I definitely think he's not all hype. When its all said and done, he could quite possibly be the best PG in this draft. With that said, he could have trouble transitioning to the NBA game. It wouldn't suprise me at all if he didn't look like the best PG in this draft for a few years because he is not only transitioning from Europe to the NBA but he is also very young (He doesn't even turn 19 until October!). However, the way he competed in the Olympics, especially against Team USA's point guards, definitely shows a good future for in him my eyes.

lakers4sho
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Jennings calling out Rubio who just came back from a wrist injury :rolleyes:

ragee
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I definitely think he's not all hype. When its all said and done, he could quite possibly be the best PG in this draft. With that said, he could have trouble transitioning to the NBA game. It wouldn't suprise me at all if he didn't look like the best PG in this draft for a few years because he is not only transitioning from Europe to the NBA but he is also very young (He doesn't even turn 19 until October!). However, the way he competed in the Olympics, especially against Team USA's point guards, definitely shows a good future for in him my eyes.

Yeah... I think this is true... I think he may need some time to adjust but with his basketball IQ, there is also a possibility that he does not need that much time... He is not a scoring point guard so people should not expect him to score 20ppg...

Trouble87
06-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I think his potential is higher than his actual skill

Rubio isn't overrated... he'll prove that soon enough

ManRam
06-17-2009, 10:51 PM
There's a reason he's thought of so highly. From what I've seen, I think he has all the potential in the world.

But, with that said, only time will tell. Hype, or lack there of, means nothing. All that matters is how you perform when you get to the league.

Hawkeye15
06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
He looks like he has the tools to be a very good PG in the NBA. He will struggle at first, but I think he has a lot of potential. Superstar potential? Who knows, but he should be a good one. At the very least, he looks to be a good starting PG for a number of years.

asandhu23
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
i think he is going to be an all star in under 5 years.

Catfish1314
06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
The only thing I've seen/read that's questionable with him is his lateral quickness. From what I've seen and read, it's decent but not outstanding. I honestly think lateral quickness is the only thing that could stop him from translating well in the NBA. And I seriously doubt even that will hold him up.

He has by far the best court vision of any player, point guard or not, in the draft. He's already a great passer, has the right physical tools (long arms, big hands), and has the commitment to defense that you love from a point guard. His shot and shooting form leaves a lot to be desired, but both are easily fixable.

He reminds me a lot of just a longer, less athletic Jason Kidd in his younger years. Both have great court vision, incredible passing skills, questionable shots, and play good defense.

GarlicStench
06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
No one will know because he will be playing in Sacramento.

Catfish1314
06-17-2009, 11:56 PM

Good point. You should do stand up.

But seriously, if he is as good as advertised and becomes good as his potential suggests, the Kings will be on TV again. That's assuming he goes to Sac.

ragee
06-18-2009, 04:29 AM

I actually think Memphis and Sacramento will be a good team for him...

Hellcrooner
06-18-2009, 05:17 AM
we wont know until it arrives.

transition from europe is always a lottery itself.

Some players that have not so good careers in europe go to the Nba and flourish like Calderon or Varejao for example.

Some Players that tear it up in europe go and fail in the nba like Macijauskas, Jasikevicius and spanoulis.

Some American players who go unoticed here in europe have good nba careers later like Raja Bell .

som americna player that tear it up in europe are not able to do jack in nba like Bortchard or pete Mickeal.

So, you never know.

but i feel him coming from spain shouldnt bust.
Just maths

in the recent years Pau, Marc, Rudy, Sergio, Garbajosa, Calderon, Raul Lopez and Navarro have gone from team spain to Nba.

Only Sergio has been a bust .

Anyway if you expect him to make 20ppg you will dub him a bust because that is not his game he is more a 12 ppg 12 Apg 5 rpg 3 stepg kind of dude .

Are that star numbers in your eyes?

EX-TREME
06-18-2009, 06:21 AM

:rolleyes:

EX-TREME
06-18-2009, 06:26 AM
he has potential to be great. he will do a jameer nelson which is he wil struggle a couple of seasons.

azkarraga
06-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Are that star numbers in your eyes?

i hope you're right. we'll wait and see

pippsux
06-18-2009, 07:35 AM
To answer the question, no, he is not all hype. I am hoping my GM do what he do and try and get him. Rockets could use another high IQ, tough and fearless player. Unlike a lot of people, I watched other teams besides the redeem team. What I saw of him was great. The problem will be if he lands in some basement run organization. Hopefully he goes to a team that he can thrive in and not be planted on the bench because a coach too stubborn to play him.

dos132
06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
i think he have the potentials here in NBA, but all the article and the forums about rubio were OVERRATED.....

JayW_1023
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
'Brandon Jennings is all talk' is more like it.