PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Teams Are Like...Mario Enemies?

letsgorangers27
06-17-2009, 07:23 PM
After my more serious article, I decided to take a more lighthearted approach for this article.

Iíve always been enthralled by things that combine my interests. Fantasy books centered around baseball. Video games with music-based powers.

It probably helps that my interests intersect so infrequently.

One of my favorite video games series is Mario. So, in another attempt to combine things that, at first glance, fit together like chocolate and butter, I combined Mario enemies with baseball teams.

The result was surprisingly more like chocolate and peanut butter. Youíd never think it would work, but they matched up fairly well.

So, I bring you MLB teams and their equivalent Mario enemies.
Begin Slideshow
Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/200903-baseball-teams-and-mario-enemies)

I thought this was a kinda funny article hope you enjoy

degnor
06-17-2009, 07:38 PM
hahahahaha, i liked it. brought back some awesome memories. I think the Mets should be considered Pokeys as well as the Rays, as opposed to thwomps, but both analogies are funny. My fav was The Red Sox as piranha plants. Love the analogy between the pipe and Fenway lol.

miller
06-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Quite funny. I like the Astros as Bob-ombs.

Both the Astros and Bob-ombs seem to wander around for long periods of time, wallowing in mediocrity. Then, without warning, they deliver a shocking explosion that startles everyone before fading out quietly.

For some reason, both the Bob-omb and the Astrosí front office think this is the ideal way to do business.

StevenStrasburg
06-17-2009, 10:39 PM
You may not recognize Chargin' Chucks if you havenít played Super Mario World. They look large, strong, and intimidating. They either run at you or throw things, and look like a challenge to take down (they need three hits!).

If they ran at you on level ground, they were no problem (as it turned out, once you got one hit on them, you could bounce off their head until they died). They could also be outrun fairly easily.

So, why the Nationals?

Their expected win-loss (is not overwhelming) at least indicates they should be a minor threat. They scored quite a few runs (especially for being a pathetic team). And yet...they're mind-blowingly easy to overcome (they are eight games back from their expected record).

Yup, that's us. We suck.

I love the Fenway Park-Piranha Pot analogy, that's ****ing clever.

And before anybody makes a comment--I know about the whole 'Steven'-'Stephen' Strasburg thing. I spelt it with a 'v' on purpose.

Les Cowboys
06-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Yup, that's us. We suck.

I love the Fenway Park-Piranha Pot analogy, that's ****ing clever.

And before anybody makes a comment--I know about the whole 'Steven'-'Stephen' Strasburg thing. I spelt it with a 'v' on purpose.

Yeah, the Red Sox inability to play much above .500 on the road the last couple of years has gotten annoying. They did just have a 9-3 road trip though.

Pinstripe pride
06-18-2009, 09:04 AM
that was pretty funny. My favorite was the cardinals, since it wasn't overly obvious but still worked perfectly.

cheerio
06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
very funny and creative

ChiMaverick
06-18-2009, 10:00 AM
The Cubs was funny, but before I get accused of being a White Sox homer the Pirates/Goomba was funny too.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Too funny

LetsGoA's
06-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I did not see the A's who have more world titles than some of these other teams, on that list

degnor
06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I did not see the A's who have more world titles than some of these other teams, on that list

Who are the A's?

Brooklyn Mets
06-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Like the Mets, Whomps are large, imposing forces. They charge out of the gate, waiting to crush their opponents. Then they fall flat on their face, exposing their weak spot for all to hit.

sounds about right

djeller1139
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Clever, clever.