PDA

View Full Version : 12 Comparisons of Current Players At this Point where either player has a case ....

JordansBulls
06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
12 Comparisons of Current Players At this Point where either player has a case of being better than the next.

Basically which comparison is the closest where it is difficult to decide on who is better

A) Deron Williams vs Chris Paul
B) Derrick Rose vs Rajon Rondo
C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon
D) Brandon Roy vs Carmelo Anthony
E) Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James
F) Hedo Turkoglu vs Lamar Odom
G) Amare Stoudemire vs Chris Bosh
H) Carlos Boozer vs Al Jefferson
I) Pau Gasol vs Chris Bosh
J) Dwight Howard vs Yao Ming
K) Dwyane Wade vs Chris Paul
L) Danny Granger vs Joe Johnson

How would you rank them from the closest comparison of the players being equal to the least closest of the guys having separation among them?

NOTE: Tried to make it where there was there was a legit argument from both sides

mikantsass
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
CP3 takes it

Rondo as of right now, but eventually it will be Rose

Ray is a HOF, Gordon isnt even close to that

This is a good one, i'd go Anthony

Kobe- 4 rings to 0 rings

Hedo and i dont think its close

Amare by a slim margin

Boozer, he has a huge edge on defense

Pau by a slim margin

I'll take Howard any day of the week

Hmmm tough one....Wade is wearing the Jewel on his finger

Granger

Brooklyn Mets
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM

mikantsass
06-17-2009, 03:34 PM
woops forgot to answer the question....

You may laugh but i think Granger vs Johnson is the toughest. They are a spitting image of each other. Same size, same position, same game. At this point i think they are at the same skill level also. I think these two are the closest, even though i think Granger is slightly better.

JaySmoke
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
jus want to know how are wade and paul similar.. wade is much more athletic

JWO35
06-17-2009, 03:36 PM
A) Chris Paul
B) Derrick Rose
C) Ben Gordon
D) Carmelo Anthony
E) LeBron James
F) Hedo Turkoglu
G) Chris Bosh
H) Al Jefferson
I) Chris Bosh
J) Dwight Howard
K) Dwyane Wade
L) Joe Johnson

Mc Uncle Cola
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
rondo is not an elite player to me

ManRam
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
E) Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James: The two best. Very different, yet very similar at the same time. The toughest choice in sports. (I'd take LeBron)
L) Danny Granger vs Joe Johnson: Nearly identical players. High volume shooters. (I'd take Granger b/c of defense)
H) Carlos Boozer vs Al Jefferson: Very similar in all purposes, except AJ is better on defense by a lot (AJ)
G) Amare Stoudemire vs Chris Bosh: Very solid offensively, good defenders. Pretty darn similar (Amare)
C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon: A lot more similar if Ray was in his prime. Both are shooters, and not much else (I'd want Gordon, Ray is starting to fade)
B) Derrick Rose vs Rajon Rondo: Not great shooters, great play makers though (Rose)
I) Pau Gasol vs Chris Bosh: Solid players on both ends of the court, sort of similar (Pau)
F) Hedo Turkoglu vs Lamar Odom: Not very similar except each are big men who can handle the ball, point-forwards if you will (Hedo)
A) Deron Williams vs Chris Paul: Paul is better at everything (Paul)
D) Brandon Roy vs Carmelo Anthony: Different types of players IMO (Melo)
J) Dwight Howard vs Yao Ming: Once a defensive super star, the other is an offensive force. Howard's offense is raw, Yao's defense is okay. Not too similar. (Dwight by a tiny bit)
K) Dwyane Wade vs Chris Paul: Elite players, different position, different levels of athleticism (Wade)

LayZbone
06-17-2009, 03:58 PM

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
12 Comparisons of Current Players At this Point where either player has a case of being better than the next.

Basically which comparison is the closest where it is difficult to decide on who is better

How would you rank them from the closest comparison of the players being equal to the least closest of the guys having separation among them?

NOTE: Tried to make it where there was there was a legit argument from both sides

C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon-Undecided

azkarraga
06-17-2009, 04:16 PM
the closest:
Ray allen vs Ben Gordon.

the furthest:
Rose vs Rondo

i might be missing something, but to me rondo is not even top five PG.

sp1derm00
06-17-2009, 04:18 PM
the closest:
Ray allen vs Ben Gordon.

the furthest:
Rose vs Rondo

i might be missing something, but to me rondo is not even top five PG.

Except that Rondo basically outplayed Rose in all but one game in the series.

Lakersfan2483
06-17-2009, 04:23 PM

RadiantShot
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon-Undecided

How many blunts did you smoke before answering this?

madiaz3
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Deron
Rose
Allen
Carmelo
Kobe
Hedo, more consistant
Bosh
Al Jefferson
Chris Bosh
If I could be promised both would be healthy an entire season/post season, then Yao
Wade
Granger, has more room to improve.

NYtilIdie
06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Paul
Rondo
Gordon
Melo
Lebron
Hedo
Amare
Jefferson
Pau
Yao
Wade
Granger

Jahari Kavi
06-17-2009, 05:33 PM

ko8e24
06-17-2009, 05:39 PM
At the end of the day, Kobe Bryant is incomparable to anyone in the league today. Anyone who gets compared to him is practically in the lower to mid 20s. In front of Kobe,they are all kids. You practically comparing Icon vs Hype at this point.

NYtilIdie
06-17-2009, 06:21 PM
At the end of the day, Kobe Bryant is incomparable to anyone in the league today. Anyone who gets compared to him is practically in the lower to mid 20s. In front of Kobe,they are all kids. You practically comparing Icon vs Hype at this point.

LOL you think somebodys age really makes them incomparable? So I guess we can't compare Jordan and Kobe cause thats like Father vs son. Were comparing players by skill age has nothing to do with this. Lebron and Kobe are very similar in many areas it doesn't matter how old Kobe or Lebron is. They both have great similarities which is why we compare them.

Also hype is when a star college player enters the draft and has great expectations like Blake Griffin. Lebron,Wade,Melo are not hype.

I know Kobe's great and all, but using age to say their incomparable is a joke.

IversonIsKrazy
06-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Deron Williams VS Chris Paul
CP3

Rajon Rondo VS Derrick Rose
ROSE

Ray Allen VS BG7
Ray

B-Roy VS Melo
This was a very tough one, the hardest 1 on the list. I gotta go w/ Melo for NOW.

Kobe VS LeBron
KOBEEEEE

Hedo VS LO
Turko

Amare VS Bosh
Bosh

Boozer or Jefferson
AL JEFFERSON TAKES IT WITH EASE

Gasol VS Bosh
Bosh

Dwight VS Yao
Howard by a little

D-Wade VS CP3
Wade is just amazing.

Granger VS JJ
Joe

blazerman
06-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I think Kobe and Lebron is a tough call because these two guys are totally dominant players. Kobe may have the jewelry but thats because the Lakers have a much better team.

Cleveland may have had the best overall record but I think there inflated win total was because of Lebron.

I think if you flip Lebron for Kobe the Lakers win 70 games and still are champs and if you have Kobe on the Cavs I think the Cavs still have the same outcome.

B Roy and Carmello is a tough call, Melo has a unique ability to take over a game in long stretches and Roy has an all around solid game and both are clutch at the end of the game.
Denver and Portland were co champs in the Northwest division but Nuggets went to west finals so a very very slight edge to Melo but I expect next yr to be Roy.

the rest dont interest me that much to comment on.

_KB24_
06-17-2009, 11:55 PM
I think Kobe and Lebron is a tough call because these two guys are totally dominant players. Kobe may have the jewelry but thats because the Lakers have a much better team.

Cleveland may have had the best overall record but I think there inflated win total was because of Lebron.

I think if you flip Lebron for Kobe the Lakers win 70 games and still are champs and if you have Kobe on the Cavs I think the Cavs still have the same outcome.

B Roy and Carmello is a tough call, Melo has a unique ability to take over a game in long stretches and Roy has an all around solid game and both are clutch at the end of the game.
Denver and Portland were co champs in the Northwest division but Nuggets went to west finals so a very very slight edge to Melo but I expect next yr to be Roy.

the rest dont interest me that much to comment on.

I hate when people make this comment...You need to understand "ifs" do not exist ok. What if you switched Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan back in the 90s? Maybe we'd be talking on how good Reggie is and MJ may never have had a ring. Please don't say "ifs" because they don't exist.

avsman05
06-18-2009, 12:21 AM
A) Deron Williams vs Chris Paul - CP3
B) Derrick Rose vs Rajon Rondo - Rose
C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon - Gordon
D) Brandon Roy vs Carmelo Anthony - Melo
E) Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James - (this is a toughie) right now i would have to give it to Bron on pure talent but if you go on accolades Kobe.
F) Hedo Turkoglu vs Lamar Odom - wow another good 1 (Hedo is extremely cluth and Lamar is a 20 10 guy when healthy.
G) Amare Stoudemire vs Chris Bosh - Bosh more defensive and rebounder.
H) Carlos Boozer vs Al Jefferson - Boozer
I) Pau Gasol vs Chris Bosh - Pau
J) Dwight Howard vs Yao Ming - Dwight (been to the big show Yao has not)
K) Dwyane Wade vs Chris Paul D-Wade championship and is incredible.
L) Danny Granger vs Joe Johnson - Granger has a better overall game.

Baller1
06-18-2009, 03:33 AM
I think a better comparison would be:

Durant vs. Granger

ggg
06-18-2009, 04:17 AM
this comparison is mostly based on stats, doesnt really mean anything.

thesparky33
06-18-2009, 03:23 PM
G) Amare Stoudemire vs Chris Bosh: Very solid offensively, good defenders. Pretty darn similar (Amare)
C) Ray Allen vs Ben Gordon: A lot more similar if Ray was in his prime. Both are shooters, and not much else (I'd want Gordon, Ray is starting to fade)

What???

First time I've ever heard someone call Amare a good defender...

And second of all, if we were talking about Ray in his prime, it would be no contest in Ray being the better player. Not even close. Worse than asking "Prime Scottie or Prime Antoine Walker" by the legendary kgceltics...

BiG bAd BrUiNs
06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Can I please hear some explanations as to why so many people have Rose over Rondo?

Zefflin
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
A) Deron Williams (I would rather have Dwill)
B) Derrick Rose
C) Ray Allen
D) Brandon Roy vs Carmelo Anthony (can't decide)
E) Kobe Bryant
F) Lamar Odom
G) Chris Bosh
H) Al Jefferson
I) Pau Gasol
J) Yao Ming
K) Dwyane Wade
L) Joe Johnson

Zefflin
06-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Can I please hear some explanations as to why so many people have Rose over Rondo?

Rose is already just as good if not better than Rondo in his first year, that's why.

fresh prince
06-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I hate when people make this comment...You need to understand "ifs" do not exist ok. What if you switched Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan back in the 90s? Maybe we'd be talking on how good Reggie is and MJ may never have had a ring. \

I feel you here..Its the most annoying thing in sports..Cant stand when people say: If Courtney Lee would have made that shot or...if you guys wouldnt have made all those 3 pointers...we would have won!

Not sure the fascination for doing this..Maybe it stems back to our GI Joe playing days as kids? I think if people are going to use the "ifs" excuse/cop out ...at least they should least make it interesting

Might as well say something like:

If Halloween was in June and If Valentines day was a Batman costume would Superman still be allergic to kryptonite?

dre1990
06-18-2009, 07:16 PM

_KB24_
06-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I feel you here..Its the most annoying thing in sports..Cant stand when people say: If Courtney Lee would have made that shot or...if you guys wouldnt have made all those 3 pointers...we would have won!

Not sure the fascination for doing this..Maybe it stems back to our GI Joe playing days as kids? I think if people are going to use the "ifs" excuse/cop out ...at least they should least make it interesting

Might as well say something like:

If Halloween was in June and If Valentines day was a Batman costume would Superman still be allergic to kryptonite?

LOL:clap:

Raps08-09 Champ
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
How many blunts did you smoke before answering this?

A lot. ;)

But I think like to see players score differently when it comes to offense.
I'd rather take Yao's variety offense than Howard's dunking.

blazerman
06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=_KB24_;9826823]I hate when people make this comment...You need to understand "ifs" do not exist ok. What if you switched Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan back in the 90s? Maybe we'd be talking on how good Reggie is and MJ may never have had a ring. Please don't say "ifs" because they don't exist.[/QUOT

"What if", I buy you a ticket to come to Portland and be a smart *** to me in person!

JordansBulls
06-19-2009, 10:15 PM

That doesn't work well here because Lebron was on a 66 win team already and got upset in the playoffs this year by Orlando.

blazerman
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
That doesn't work well here because Lebron was on a 66 win team already and got upset in the playoffs this year by Orlando.

In my opinion the Lakers have a better team than Cleveland minus Kobe and Lebron and Lebron is just as unstoppable as Kobe.

Just because the" Lakers" not just Kobe won the title doesnt make him better than LeBron it just means Kobe is on the better team.

Anyway they're both great players, Kobe is more accomplished but who knows what LeBrons will do by his 12th or 13th season in the league.

You can make a case for both and really there's no bad choice

VCaintdead17
06-19-2009, 11:39 PM
I've NEVER heard the Boozer vs Jefferson argument ANYWHERE. I'm pretty sure you made that one up, :eyebrow: