PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's calling out Chinese Fighter who pounded Jose Canseco

Drtino
06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
It's a bit weird... but it's true, Shaq called out the 7 foot 1 inch MMA fighter to a duel. This chinese fighter is the one who pounded Jose Canseco time and time again while he was down on the Canvas.

It'll be a nice fight to watch... I would say Shaq even though he's an inch smaller, has the upper hand, since he probably weighs a lot more.
Although, I am not sure if Shaq does know how to fight well, particularly going against a Pro MMA Fighter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

Randy West
06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Does this guy ever shut up

blujaysrock
06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Shaq actually trains in mma so it probably would be a good fight, Sahq has been training in mma a while and def. probably has more power... i'll try and find an article.

O’Neal, who is listed at 7’2” and 325 lbs., goes by his old nickname at the gym, Diesel. He’s been training with Burke for 10 years, where he does the full gamut of MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai and wrestling. Cagewriter spoke with Burke who said that O’Neal is in great shape, and loves the nature of the training.

“We can work drills 20 times through, and he works his tail off on everything,” Burke said. “He has way more talent with this stuff than people would imagine.”

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/even-shaq-trains-in-mma/

Drtino
06-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh! .... and I just read an article that he's actually training for an MMA fight... I guess he's just waiting for the right contender, maybe this is part of the reason why he's calling a fighter closer to his stature...

It seems that everywhere, people are catching on to the benefits of learning mixed martial arts. Everyone includes basketball superstar Shaquille O'Neal, who is spending his off-season training at Jonathan Burke's Gracie Gym in Orlando.

O'Neal, who is listed at 7'2" and 325 lbs., goes by his old nickname at the gym, Diesel. He's been training with Burke for 10 years, where he does the full gamut of MMA, boxing, jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai and wrestling. Cagewriter spoke with Burke who said that O'Neal is in great shape, and loves the nature of the training.

"We can work drills 20 times through, and he works his tail off on everything," Burke said. "He has way more talent with this stuff than people would imagine."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Shaquille-O-Neal-hoopster-twitter-fan-MMA-fig?urn=mma,161678

Super.
06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
SHAQ! i wanna see them fight!

Drtino
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Shaq actually trains in mma so it probably would be a good fight, Sahq has been training in mma a while and def. probably has more power... i'll try and find an article.

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/even-shaq-trains-in-mma/

I tell you this much... I wouldn't mind getting the fight on pay-per-view this time around, so I can watch a good ***kicking.... It'll be an interesting fight.

levignjw
06-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Hahah god i love Shaq.

Badluck33
06-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Um, Hong Man Choi....your Chinese MMA fighter is really Korean.

Joshtd1
06-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I'd be willing to bet the other fighter wins. This guy FIGHTS for a living, and takes punches and gets beaten on.

I dont see Shaq winning. Yes I know the articles said he trains or whatever..but it is completely different going up against someone for real.

jehovah joe
06-17-2009, 02:20 PM
my moneys on shaq

Unown99
06-17-2009, 02:40 PM
You guys don't know anything about MMA. That big Chinese Guy (Hong Man Choi) is actually not good. here is him against arguably the best fighter in the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QzX1ZadJM

Knowledge
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
You guys don't know anything about MMA. That big Chinese Guy (Hong Man Choi) is actually not good. here is him against arguably the best fighter in the world.

Well, not many people seem to survive against fedor, his loss was just extremely quick.

Back on Topic: Shaq could probably beat this stiff.

Badluck33
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM

U DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MMA!!!!

You can't compare THE KOREAN (Hong Man Choi) to Fedor (the BEST FIGHTER in the world)

ITs like comparing Jose Canseco vs. Lebron James in a one on one and calling Canseco not good because he gets schooled by James.

Think man, think!

Badluck33
06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd be willing to bet the other fighter wins. This guy FIGHTS for a living, and takes punches and gets beaten on.

I dont see Shaq winning. Yes I know the articles said he trains or whatever..but it is completely different going up against someone for real.

So what if Choi fights for a living? Do you automatically assume any new fighter taking their first fight will lose?

If he trains for the fight than he has a chance. Choi has the power to KO but we don't know anything about Shaq.

It's hard to call a winner when you haven't seen the one fighter fight.

unless Shaq fights like Jose Canseco. Than Shaq will be in big trouble.

Trouble87
06-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Saq must be deperate for attention

Man Choi will dominate him

Don't think any MMA fighter will let a NBA player tarnish their legacy... Shaq might get a leg broken or something

fast_break
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
well hong man choi fights for a living, so i give him the upper hand
i don't think Shaq has the endurance to win
if Shaq doesn't take out Choi in the first minute, then he is toast

Kakaroach
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Shaq must be desperate for attention x100 This is like the 10th thing he has done this season that is one of those attention-grabbers. Guess he's bored without the playoffs.

WhiteyBulger
06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
It's a bit weird... but it's true, Shaq called out the 7 foot 1 inch MMA fighter to a duel. This chinese fighter is the one who pounded Jose Canseco time and time again while he was down on the Canvas.

It'll be a nice fight to watch... I would say Shaq even though he's an inch smaller, has the upper hand, since he probably weighs a lot more.
Although, I am not sure if Shaq does know how to fight well, particularly going against a Pro MMA Fighter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute

Your giving the edge to Shaq against a guy pretty much the same size who is a trained fighter? Shaq has probably been in 2 fights in his whole life. This dude fights for a livin. I've seen Shaq throw punches during games when brawls broke out. He throws like a girl. That dude would knock Shaq out within 20 seconds.

Brooklyn Mets
06-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Shaq-Fu
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/ShaqFu_logo.png

sep11ie
06-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Shaq Fu, what a chump. I remember when Barkley whooped his ***.

smith&wesson
06-17-2009, 04:42 PM

i KNOW that fighter, seen him fight many times. he actually sucks. Shaq would throw him around like a rag doll. or ground and pound him. But iv'e also seen Shaq throw a punch and thats now a pretty sight. he swings just like a girl. Id like to see him fight brock and get his *** handed to him. lol :clap:

8kobe24
06-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Shaq Fu, what a chump. I remember when Barkley whooped his ***.

You beat me to it. Yeah, shaq got dropped by Barkley who is about 6'7" and probably weighed 100 lbs less than him. What makes him think that he can go up against a pro fighter? Shaq's gone mad.

clutchski
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
What an idiot..it's worse than kimbo slice going professional IMO.

EX-TREME
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
he is going to get his :censored: whipped

Jahari Kavi
06-17-2009, 05:31 PM

I agree.

Mr. Pistols
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
i bet shaq beats his ***.

The_Mac22
06-17-2009, 05:33 PM
shaq will probably woop his ***

The Ooh Child
06-17-2009, 05:42 PM
This would probably be the greatest fight since Godzilla v. SpaceGodzilla. I'll put my money on Shaq Attack

sp1derm00
06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't know who would win, but I don't care who I am and what I know how to do... I would be afraid to get in a ring with someone of Shaq's stature and athleticism.

Very few men of his size can move like him...

BoltLakerPadre
06-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd pay to watch that fight. And I'd bet on Shaq too.

zambo4president
06-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Shaq would **** the koreans **** up. One thing is it would be a very slow fight.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I would love to see this fight

blacknell
06-17-2009, 06:20 PM
LOL shaq will slap him like he did Kobe

MrBloop
06-17-2009, 06:22 PM
my moneys on shaq

"Always bet on black"

jrivera
06-17-2009, 06:23 PM
This guy is a real fighter and Shaq just trains for a hobby. To fight mma you have to be well versed. Shaq isn't even well versed in basketball which he's been a pro at for years. I'd love to see Shaq get manhandled for once.

FaceDown91
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
If Shaq can't beat Charles Barkley in a fight, what makes any of you think a out of shape Shaq would win against a pro MMA 7'1 fighter?

this is what would happen to shaq...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDafeHoypnA

cubulls
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
I would enjoy watching shaq get the **** kicked out of him.

fast_break
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
size don't mean anything if you can't fight

just look at Bob Sapp.

Shaq would get his *** beat

CowboysKB24
06-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I would love to see the fight.

I don't like it how Shaq has to open his mouth all the time, but I hope he wins. I'd rather see the US man win than the overseas guys.

PurpleJesus
06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
if this fight goes down, the ratings will be insane. Shaq-Fu

Gambeezy
06-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Saq must be deperate for attention

Man Choi will dominate him

Don't think any MMA fighter will let a NBA player tarnish their legacy... Shaq might get a leg broken or something

He's definitely desperate for attention. Good old Shaq. This is how he begins feuds. He, unprovoked, disses someone and waits for a response. if they don't respond then Shaw wins and they look like a punk.

I think he could have a chance at beating the asian though. I doubt the Asian's ground game is any good either. It would be a slugfest and a lot of laying on each other.

kingkobe
06-18-2009, 12:44 AM
What an idiot..it's worse than kimbo slice going professional IMO.

Actually I'd rather watch Shaq and Kimbo fight. They are both all talk no walk but I wanna see Kimbo power punch Shaq in the stomach.

ggg
06-18-2009, 04:41 AM
big asian mma fighters are usually freakshows being fed to the higher echelon fighters for highlights. shaqs trouble is being in the bottom unless he has "okay" grappling skills and can scramble to his feet. obviously his strengths are striking and his raw strength. id pay to see this.

ggg
06-18-2009, 04:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyISJ-ITYl4

finish the vid

Living Legend
06-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Shaq would get pulverized