PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio 1st Interview

Beno7500
06-16-2009, 10:52 PM
He's interviewed for the first time I think before the draft. He's in Sacramento right now.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/bee-exclusive-i.html

http://tv.kingsconnect.com/archives/897

LayZbone
06-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Jennings ftw

Beno7500
06-16-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree on jennings

Trouble87
06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
good post Beno7500... been waiting for this

lakers4sho
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Sacramento should be getting Rubio if he falls down to them, or they can move up by trading their pick.

IMO the Kings have bigs, they have a scoring guard, all they need is a PG - Rubio can fill that need. Jennings is not a point guard, as most scouts agree on.

Cubs Win
06-16-2009, 11:32 PM
He seems like a nice, hard-working kid. But did anyone else find it hilarious when he said he wanted a young team to have young friends he can "get with." His English is actually really good, but I thought that was really funny.

jiggajay23
06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
i think hes gonna be a total bust in the nba. sure he has alot of promise but he has too many intangibles going against him. He cant shoot, hes been playing in a league full of white guys which relative to the nba is nothing, and hes young and has to adjust to culture shock. i wouldnt pick him top ten

BALLER71
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Sacramento should be getting Rubio if he falls down to them, or they can move up by trading their pick.

IMO the Kings have bigs, they have a scoring guard, all they need is a PG - Rubio can fill that need. Jennings is not a point guard, as most scouts agree on.

I am reading a scouting report on draftexpress and it says Jennings is a true PG...

And another scouting report says he has the tools that a passing PG has.

Strengths: Has great speed. He can create offense for himself and everybody else. Good vision and passing abilities. Can push the ball up the floor very well. He is a competitor, a fighter, and has good leaping ability. http://www.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2009/Brandon-Jennings

This one too:

He has the skills and the body frame for a high quality point guard. If Rubio is the new “white chocolate,” Jennings is a “Deep Chocolate Jason Williams Souffle” with a kick. He is flashy and creative and possesses “basic” pure point guard skills.

Clearly, he is a true PG who can handle and create for others.

Beno7500
06-16-2009, 11:44 PM
i think hes gonna be a total bust in the nba. sure he has alot of promise but he has too many intangibles going against him. He cant shoot, hes been playing in a league full of white guys which relative to the nba is nothing, and hes young and has to adjust to culture shock. i wouldnt pick him top ten

Everyone can get better at shooting dude.

lakers4sho
06-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I am reading a scouting report on draftexpress and it says Jennings is a true PG...

And another scouting report says he has the tools that a passing PG has.
http://www.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2009/Brandon-Jennings

This one too:

Clearly, he is a true PG who can handle and create for others.

Weird, Chad Ford of ESPN says that Jennings is more of a scoring guard.

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Everyone can get better at shooting dude.

true, especially for him, he must have a decent jumper cuz his smaller frame is not gonna support him to well on the way to the hoop. I'm calling he ends up like darko millicic either way

DerekRE_3
06-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Weird, Chad Ford of ESPN says that Jennings is more of a scoring guard.

Oh well if Chad Ford said it....

SeoulBeatz
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM

I'm not completely sold on Rubio either but those "white guys" you refer to in your post almost beat the U.S team in the olympics last year, with Ricky included (he showed some impressive composure and leadership at 17 years old!)

just saying, i dont have any doubts he'll make it in this league because he's such a smart kid and can pass like no one else his age. But whether or not he'll be a star is still in question for me, but I'd love to see him on my sixers somehow.

lakers4sho
06-17-2009, 12:31 AM

No it wasn't only Chad Ford, actually, also a bunch of other scouts as well.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 12:32 AM

He's an expert! :laugh:

harsh506
06-17-2009, 12:49 AM
can't be much more of a bust than darco or len

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 12:53 AM
why is every top pick considered a bust?

Deezy Dee 24
06-17-2009, 12:56 AM
chad ford is a complete idiot.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 01:13 AM
2ND VIDEO

Becks2307
06-17-2009, 01:49 AM
lol ricky seems too nice..

Mauersota
06-17-2009, 01:55 AM
2ND VIDEO

What's up with that dudes hair he looks like a peacock.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 02:08 AM

Andrew Nicholson. He's cool

AI4MVP
06-17-2009, 02:20 AM
i love how everyone that calls him a bust has not even seen him play. u guys are complete idiots. i gurantee if he played in the ncaa nd he was black that none of you would call him a bust.

keep hattin fellas. keep hattin.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 02:27 AM
^ I agree

Kyle N.
06-17-2009, 02:35 AM

First off that's stupidly racist and secondly none of the college players play in the NBA either.

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 02:56 AM
^ You got him with that one lol. You're completely right

albertc86
06-17-2009, 03:49 AM
This kid is all hype and will have a target on his back because he's European. American born players just don't take those guys seriously; he will have to earn his respect and he's not even getting it from others guys in the draft.

Kyle N.
06-17-2009, 03:56 AM
This kid is all hype and will have a target on his back because he's European. American born players just don't take those guys seriously; he will have to earn his respect and he's not even getting it from others guys in the draft.

I think that's a generalization and who are the other guys besides Jennings that he isn't getting respect from?

albertc86
06-17-2009, 04:01 AM
I think that's a generalization and who are the other guys besides Jennings that he isn't getting respect from?

Generalization, maybe, but it's the truth. U.S. born players have respect for European talent when playing in the Olympics or playing their professional teams under agreed upon rules --- but them coming over here individually and playing in the NBA is a whole different story. This kid is a PG --- you don't think he's not going to be tested by every single PG because of the hype? He needs to prove to me that's he's a Tony Parker.

Kyle N.
06-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Generalization, maybe, but it's the truth. U.S. born players have respect for European talent when playing in the Olympics or playing their professional teams under the agreed upon rules --- but them coming over here and playing in the NBA is a whole different story. This kid is a PG --- you don't think he's not going to be tested by every single PG because of the hype? He needs to prove to me that's he's a Tony Parker.

I agree with that. But I think it's more in the minds of the fans than the players sometimes.

JayW_1023
06-17-2009, 04:07 AM

If someone would say 'black guys' he'd immediately be crucified. Rubio may not look like the prototypical NBA player...but looks can be decieving. The kid can play. He just needs to build up some muscle.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2009, 04:17 AM
If someone would say 'black guys' he'd immediately be crucified. Rubio may not look like the prototypical NBA player...but looks can be decieving. The kid can play. He just needs to build up some muscle.

No doubt, and pretty much every 18-19 year old coming into the NBA needed to build up muscle...save Lebron. He'll grow into his frame as he gets older and gets into an NBA weight room.

JayW_1023
06-17-2009, 04:24 AM
No doubt, and pretty much every 18-19 year old coming into the NBA needed to build up muscle...save Lebron. He'll grow into his frame as he gets older and gets into an NBA weight room.

On a side note...prepare to fend off alot of 'AI to Charlotte' talk this offseason. I feel sorry for ya :smoking:

DerekRE_3
06-17-2009, 04:37 AM
On a side note...prepare to fend off alot of 'AI to Charlotte' talk this offseason. I feel sorry for ya :smoking:

Haha...I've already tried...and I've already given up.

azkarraga
06-17-2009, 04:57 AM

just let the kid play. and stop hating. you'll be much happier

Catfish1314
06-17-2009, 11:36 AM
People who are saying he's going to be a bust need to watch him first. At least on YT. That sounds stupid, but watching him play and reading the scouting reports, it's quite evident he has excellent court vision. And for an 18 year old who's played professionally for 4 years, that's only going to get better. Court vision, long arms, big hands, and long fingers, is not something you can teach. Court vision can improve, but for the most part it's just something you're born with. Otherwise, every point guard in the league would see the court like Jason Kidd.

He's not a great athlete, his shooting form has to improve, and he's not lightning quick. But he is at least 6'3 with very long arms. He has the physical tools and the desire to play great defense (and that's really all you need). He'll be one of the best passers in the NBA as soon as he gets here.

And he was playing in an elite Euroleague. Many of the players there were former NBA players, upper tier college prospects who couldn't quite get into the NBA, and almost all of them seasoned professional basketball players. In short, Rubio was playing against much better competition than college players. Most college teams don't have a single player on their roster who will go pro. And for the ones that do, they usually don't have more than one or two.

lakers4sho
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
People who are saying he's going to be a bust need to watch him first. At least on YT. That sounds stupid, but watching him play and reading the scouting reports, it's quite evident he has excellent court vision. And for an 18 year old who's played professionally for 4 years, that's only going to get better. Court vision, long arms, big hands, and long fingers, is not something you can teach. Court vision can improve, but for the most part it's just something you're born with. Otherwise, every point guard in the league would see the court like Jason Kidd.

He's not a great athlete, his shooting form has to improve, and he's not lightning quick. But he is at least 6'3 with very long arms. He has the physical tools and the desire to play great defense (and that's really all you need). He'll be one of the best passers in the NBA as soon as he gets here.

And he was playing in an elite Euroleague. Many of the players there were former NBA players, upper tier college prospects who couldn't quite get into the NBA, and almost all of them seasoned professional basketball players. In short, Rubio was playing against much better competition than college players. Most college teams don't have a single player on their roster who will go pro. And for the ones that do, they usually don't have more than one or two.

Agree on all points.

LakersIn5
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
i love how everyone that calls him a bust has not even seen him play. u guys are complete idiots. i gurantee if he played in the ncaa nd he was black that none of you would call him a bust.

keep hattin fellas. keep hattin.

you just described conley and people said that conley was going to be a bust and its looks like they are right lol

rubio will be a good nba player, he will average like 18 ppg,8 apg in his prime which makes him a bust cuz top 3 picks should get like 22+ ppg or 10+ apg for a PG

mickybrneyes20
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM

Since when did shooting become a point guards #1 priority, Jennings wouldn't even be discussed if this draft wasn't so weak. He has a big mouth, early 90's haircut, and since you want to discuss shooting a 30% shooter isn't impressive. This "white guy" league you're talking about once had Nowitzki, Ginobli, Gasol, Turkoglu, and Stojakovic in it. Another thing, the NBA has it share of untalented, unathletic Black guys. Two words for you: Adonal Foyle

jehovah joe
06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
ive got a feeling he'll end up in sactown... :down:

both rubio and blake in the pacific division... damn, that sucks :ohno:

CELTICS4LYFE
06-17-2009, 01:30 PM
why is every top pick considered a bust?

thats what haters say to make them selfs feel better cuz they arent goin to b on their team lol

AI4MVP
06-17-2009, 04:43 PM
you just described conley and people said that conley was going to be a bust and its looks like they are right lol

rubio will be a good nba player, he will average like 18 ppg,8 apg in his prime which makes him a bust cuz top 3 picks should get like 22+ ppg or 10+ apg for a PG

this is undebateably the stupidest comment ive ever heard. not even CP3 and D williams average 22 and 10. are they busts? Derrick Rose wont average more then 18 and 8. Does that mean hes a bust? No point guard averages 22 and 10 in the league right now. the closest one is CP3, but does that mean every point guard in the league is a bust?

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Why is everyone busting rubios balls

Hellcrooner
06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
^why do i have the impresion mr beno that had the kings gotten the second pick you would have a rubio sig and you would be "busting his balls"??

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
^ The ****? if i was wearin his sig, why would i bust his balls?

Utahjazzfan18
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM

I got a great laugh out of that. :laugh:

AI4MVP
06-17-2009, 06:51 PM
^why do i have the impresion mr beno that had the kings gotten the second pick you would have a rubio sig and you would be "busting his balls"??

haha you misunderstood him. he meant why is everyone hating on Ricky Rubio. lol

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
^i should have made myself clearer to him

Kyle N.
06-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Since when did shooting become a point guards #1 priority, Jennings wouldn't even be discussed if this draft wasn't so weak. He has a big mouth, early 90's haircut, and since you want to discuss shooting a 30% shooter isn't impressive. This "white guy" league you're talking about once had Nowitzki, Ginobli, Gasol, Turkoglu, and Stojakovic in it. Another thing, the NBA has it share of untalented, unathletic Black guys. Two words for you: Adonal Foyle

Yes! Somebody who agrees. :hi5:

Beno7500
06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Big deal about the haircut