PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard puts on a puppet show

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 06:49 PM
A funny scene unfolded Tuesday at RDV Sportsplex when a Channel 6 news reporter gave Dwight Howard a puppet created in Howard’s likeness. The station had the puppet made after Nike’s television ads with Kobe Bryant and LeBron James puppets became popular.

When handed the puppet, Howard did an impromptu ventriloquist act, using a high voice for the puppet, which we’ll name Lil’ Dwight.

Here’s how Howard’s act went word-for-word:

Lil’ Dwight: How do you feel about losing in the Finals?
Dwight Howard: Well, it hurt, but it’s going to get better, and we’ll try to get back there next year.

Lil’ Dwight: How do you feel about missing those two free-throws, which y’all could’ve won?
Dwight Howard: Well, you know, sometimes I miss ’em, sometimes I make ’em.

Lil’ Dwight: Are you mad about that?
Dwight Howard: Yeah, I’m mad. But it’s over with.

Lil’ Dwight: What’cha going to do for next year? Are you going to work on your free-throws?
Dwight Howard: Yeah, I’m going to work on my free-throws. I’m going to get better.

Lil’ Dwight: Are y’all going to keep Hedo Turkoglu, because I really like him.
Dwight Howard: I like him, too. Hopefully, we’ll keep Hedo Turkoglu.

Lil’ Dwight: And Rashard Lewis? Is he going to come back next year?
Dwight Howard: Yeah, Rashard will be back, too.

Lil’ Dwight: What about Anthony Johnson?
Dwight Howard: Yeah, I like Anthony.

Lil’ Dwight: What about Stan Van Gundy? Do you like Stan Van Gundy?
Dwight Howard: I love Stan, man. Do you like Stan?

Lil’ Dwight: I love Stan, man. He helps you get better.
Dwight Howard: I’m out, man.

Lil’ Dwight: All right, man. Y’all have a good day. Peace.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/06/dwight-howard-puts-on-a-puppet-show-really-he-put-on-a-puppet-show-tuesday.html

Cool pic of the puppet in the link.

Lakersfan2483
06-16-2009, 07:52 PM
You have to like D. Howard's sense of humor, he's one of my favorite players in the NBA and he will continue to get better.

Kyben36
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Looks like he didnt take the loss too hard, Dwights a fun loving guy.

ldawg
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/06/dwight-howard-puts-on-a-puppet-show-really-he-put-on-a-puppet-show-tuesday.html

Cool pic of the puppet in the link. cool:)

KmB728
06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Thats great :laugh2:

D-Will4Prez
06-16-2009, 11:52 PM
haha, awesome :)

DerekRE_3
06-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I love Dwight's attitude.

*Superman*
06-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Better be working on your free-throws man.

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:11 AM
if dwight gets better at ft's and gets more offensive moves down low....HOLY **** hes gonna be a force...were waiting dwight

DJ CHACH
06-17-2009, 12:21 AM
if dwight gets better at ft's and gets more offensive moves down low....HOLY **** hes gonna be a force...were waiting dwight

hes got enuf moves, he just needs to not use the same ones on back to back plays bc his problem is, after that drop step, if he isnt close to the basket for a dunk, he does the hook..if he mastered that hook, and didnt repeat the same move everytime, and maybe developed a mid range game(enuf to scare the opponent of getting burned from 12 ft away) then WATCH OUT,,,he needs more work and my man CHEWING got it under control...nets fans kno nothing bout big men, trust a knick JIGGA

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:24 AM
hes got enuf moves, he just needs to not use the same ones on back to back plays bc his problem is, after that drop step, if he isnt close to the basket for a dunk, he does the hook..if he mastered that hook, and didnt repeat the same move everytime, and maybe developed a mid range game(enuf to scare the opponent of getting burned from 12 ft away) then WATCH OUT,,,he needs more work and my man CHEWING got it under control...nets fans kno nothing bout big men, trust a knick JIGGA

last time i checked the nets had........................nobody actually, so i guess im just gonna have to agree with you on that, but your thesis statement about jameer was wrong...everyone knows he failed miserably on defense against fisher even ya ***** pat chewing would agree

Gambeezy
06-17-2009, 05:17 AM
last time i checked the nets had........................nobody actually, so i guess im just gonna have to agree with you on that, but your thesis statement about jameer was wrong...everyone knows he failed miserably on defense against fisher even ya ***** pat chewing would agree

Yea but you really can't hold much over Jameer's head considering he came off of injury early in order to help his team try to win a championship. He obviously wasn't 100%. You really gonna blame him for that? I thought he played with a lot of heart.

dos132
06-17-2009, 05:29 AM
thats cool, it's should be on nike commercial with kobe and LeBron