PDA

View Full Version : Players that will have an impact next season simply by being healthy?

DitchDat
06-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Boston - KG
Orlando - Jameer Nelson
Phoenix - Ama're Stoudemire
San Antonio - Manu Ginobili
Houston - Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming
Philadelphia - Elton Brand
Washington - Arenas
Minnesota - Al Jeff
Others?

Plus I would very much like to get y'all opinions on T-Mac and Ginobli.
When is it time to stop counting on a player miraculously staying healthy and move on? Because to me, I feel like the Rockets should have gotten rid of T-Mac a long time ago, and the same thing goes for Ginobili. I'm not disrespecting them, but I'm being honest. What good are they if all they do is get injured and leave their teams to rot? I get it that maybe you say for one year: "Yeah, but he will be back and kicking *** next year", but at some point it gets ridiculous. I know T-Mac and Ginobili are amazing players WHEN healthy, but if that means you're only good 35% of the time, that doesn't mean anything. T-Mac is nothing but an headache to the Rockets, they were even better without his superstar ego on the court! Of course, they need to add a scorer to make up a bit for the lost production, but they were definitely better without him. The Spurs on the other hand weren't better without Ginobili, but if their postseason success is depending on this guy's ankle getting all better, they can forget about Duncan getting another ring before he hangs it up.

Am I also the only one that thinks the Wizards absurdly overpaid Gilbert Arenas? The guy is clutch, I get it, but the guy is a walking knee injury. You cannot predict when a guy will get injured, but there should be some policy before you get a big fat contract like "you have to put in 80+ games for 3 seasons in a row before you get the big bucks"... That's how I feel these days. Its terrible when key players get injured, because it pretty much messes up your entire year, but Jesus, some things are not rocket science. "Oh, the guy has been injured 3 times on his knee? Mmmm, maybe we should wait before we bathe him in cash".

I'm sorry if I'm venting guys, but all I want is a season with no excuses. Congrats to the Lakers for winning it, and this is not to bring the Lakers down by any means, but let's face it, this was an injury-riddled year with a lot of teams not playing at full strength.

Also, I think big-kid-I-want-starter-minutes-and-40-shots-per-game Iverson should retire. Shaq should too. At some point, yes, you start killing your own legacy. And Jermaine O'Neal should make out for himself if he is an NBA center or my grandma. 5 rebounds per game? That's ridiculous.

I rest my case, hope everybody keeps it civilized.

S-Dot
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Houston - Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming--> Title Contenders, possibly in the Finals
Washington - Arenas--> Back in the Playoffs

Those are the most important IMO

Jays Claw
06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
If Jose Calderon is healthy then the Toronto Raptors should be in light contention.

king4day
06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
The only one I disagree with is TMAC. He's gonna be out till midway through the season if it's anything like Amar'e's.
Then he has to get his conditioning back, and the chemistry will be needed. It's just going to take way too long for him to be healthy enough to have a real impact.

AllTheWay
06-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Lakers- Andew Bynum.

With him healthy and playing well, they are by far the leagues best team.

sacgiants1213
06-16-2009, 04:43 PM
kevin martin - kings might win more than 17 games next year if he plays all year.

DitchDat
06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Lakers- Andew Bynum.

With him healthy and playing well, they are by far the leagues best team.

I agree, the guy was basically a non-factor in the playoffs. All he did was pick up fouls that otherwise would have gotten Gasol and Odom in foul trouble.

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not so sure about TMac. He may be a good leader on the court and in the locker room but i question what he has left for physical skills.

Watch out for Gilbert this year....

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Let's talk about the cars ya'll got
You say you got a lot of whips, well I got a LOT

I drive an Infiniti FX35..... What you got?

DitchDat
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Let's talk about the cars ya'll got
You say you got a lot of whips, well I got a LOT

I drive an Infiniti FX35..... What you got?

It's a Wale quote.. I'm a sucker for punchlines.

JMKnick33
06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
This one easily goes to Arenas, with Amare right behind him. Arenas would have been a huge improvement to their backcourt of.. who? Mike James and Nick Young (will be nice with more experience), but Mike James?

And with a healthy Amare, Suns definitely would have made the playoffs.

heyman321
06-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Jose Calderon for the Raptors. He sucked all year because of a hamstring injury. But the last 10 games or so, Bosh-Calderon-Marion-Bargnani were freaking amazing.