PDA

View Full Version : Turk portland bound?

MagicBucsSox
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
sick. we better sign n trade

As I'm sure you know, Hedo Turkoglu has opted out of the final year of his contract with the Orlando Magic to become a free agent. Originally, most people thought Turkoglu would be headed to the Pistons, but now it looks like that may not be the case.

Several general managers and agents in the NBA believe that the Portland Trail Blazers -- a rising club like the Magic -- might offer the stiffest competition to sign Hedo Turkoglu.

Man, the Blazers with Turkoglu? How far could they get? I have a feeling that if they sign Hedo, we may see the Blazers win a title sometime in the next three years.
http://www.faniq.com/article/Hedo-Turkoglu-is-being-targeted-by-the-Portland-Trailblazers-as-a-free-agent-1714890

JordansBulls
06-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Well if Portland got Hedo then that means a lineup of:

Blake
Roy
Hedo
Aldridge
Oden

That team could be good enough to win it all depending on how Aldridge plays down low.

MagicBucsSox
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Blake
Roy
Hedo
Aldridge
Oden

That team could be good enough to win it all depending on how Aldridge plays down low.

you bumped your head?

masalex1205
06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
I disagree with the assesment that they could win a championship because of the inconsistency of Portland's young frontcourt. Oden is looking more like a bust and Aldridge still has a lot of room for improvement although he has major potential.

You've got to have a solid rotation of big guys to win a championship. IMO the Blazers don't have the big men to win a championship.

masalex1205
06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
one last thing: POR should be focused on improving their weaknesses, not their strengths. An upgrade at point guard and/or another solid big guy would be more helpful than a small forward.

I don't want them too but the Blazers should try to sign away Felton from the Bobcats.

Also, 10 million a year for a guy who will be 35 or 36 by the end of his contract is a lot when they try to retain all that young talent in a few years.

Catfish1314
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM

Blake
Roy
Hedo
Aldridge
Oden

Oden would have to get a lot better for that team to win the title. That team's WCF at the most and more likely just a second round playoff team.

Tblaze
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
The problem with the blazers this year was that they relied on quite some young players, some of which struggled to play consistent. If you can get Turkoglu to play instead of Outlaw, then you have an amazing rotation at SF with Turk/Batum.

The SF spot however, is only the 3rd point that needs to be addressed for portland. First they need to sort out the PG position, and the backup PF. I agree that this frontcourt isn't completely ready for a championship and needs some further developing. But LMA is quite close, and Oden should make vast improvements this year. If we can find a decent bruiser backup PF (something like Brandon Bass or Jason Maxiell..) I think we would have a championship-worthy frontcourt.

If we would be able to work out a S&T for both Andre Miller and Hedo Turkoglu... and then work out the backup PF spot..

Miller/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Turkoglu/Batum
Aldridge/XXX
Oden/Przybilla

:smoking:

Lakers09
06-16-2009, 01:42 PM

Blake
Roy
Hedo
Aldridge
Oden

Blake<Alston
Roy>>Lee
Hedo-Hedo
Aldridge<Lewis
Oden<<<Howard

clearly the magic are better...:cool:

madiaz3
06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Blake<Alston
Roy>>Lee
Hedo-Hedo
Aldridge<Lewis
Oden<<<Howard

clearly the magic are better...:cool:

Hedo on Portland is an angrier more hungry hedo!

torontosports10
06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
They need a PG. Or for Bayless to develop into it.

S-Dot
06-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Blake
Roy
Hedo
Aldridge
Oden

Im more worried about Oden than Aldridge, it will definitely get them potentially into the Conference Finals which would be great for that city..what about Martell webster and Travis outlaw then?

Living Legend
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Hedo and Portland is a bad fit.

king4day
06-16-2009, 04:35 PM
one last thing: POR should be focused on improving their weaknesses, not their strengths. An upgrade at point guard and/or another solid big guy would be more helpful than a small forward.

I don't want them too but the Blazers should try to sign away Felton from the Bobcats.

Also, 10 million a year for a guy who will be 35 or 36 by the end of his contract is a lot when they try to retain all that young talent in a few years.

Excellent Post

S-Dot
06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
They need a PG. Or for Bayless to develop into it.

I think Bayless has tremendous potential, hate to go off-topic, but more minutes for him in the regular season would really improve this team

Zefflin
06-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I do not want to see Turks sign with young hungry Portland.