PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Trade Issue

Lo Porto
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
NO tried to trade Chandler for expirings last year, but it didn't work out. It's obvious that NO needs under the luxury because the Hornets are just not a team who can afford to pay the tax.

Considering those issues, do you think NO would take any deal where they can dump Chandler and save any money? Do you think NO would trade Chandler to the Pistons for the expirings of Kwame Brown and Amir Johnson (this trade would save the Hornets $8 million - $4 in salaries and $4 of luxury tax)?

Note: I'm a Jazz fan from the Alabama Gulf Coast and have rooted for NO on the side since they moved from Charlotte...

spacemandave
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
i guess its possible if theres nothing better and they really need the money but i would hope they could at the very least chop more than 4(+4) million if theyre gonna trade him.

Lo Porto
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Since OKC, Memphis and Detroit are the only teams who could take on such a contract, this might be the best you can get. I doubt Detroit would just trade Amir ($3.7) or Kwame ($4.1) but they might especially if NO threw in #21. NO would save around $8 million instead of $4 million if they did that plus $12+ for next year. As for OKC and Mem, they are too cheap to do a trade for Chandler.

Huntey
06-17-2009, 04:58 PM
On the suns threads they have been talking about trading shaq to NO for chandler and another contract, either posey or peja.
This deal would not save money this year but would take More than $20 million off the books next year.
What are the NO fans thoughts on having shaq?
I personaly think it would get a decent expiring contract without losing to much with scoring and rebounding.

tland22
06-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I want Shaq... but i think having Tyson would be better move. The Hornets should keep TYSON, he is only 26, and just finding his niche in the NBA. I think you are correct about not losing much production. I think Tyson plays a little better D, and he can give us more minutes than SHaq could. And since we arent deep at C position, then when Shaq comes out the game for rest or whatever, we would be screwed.

That is a hard one. I do know that is shaq has 2 more years like he played last year, then I would LOVE to have shaq. He put up VERY good numbers, and he felt rejuvenated. But If we could get rid of Pejas contract as well, then I would say hell yes, make that trade. Shaq for Tyson and Peja. AHhhh but here we go again, I just dont know...getting rid of the healthy Tyson who averaged 12pts and 12 rebs a game is just soooo hard to do. His athleticism and energy is something i would have a hard time giving up.... sorry for my mindless rant lol

Patrick Swayze
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
On the suns threads they have been talking about trading shaq to NO for chandler and another contract, either posey or peja.
This deal would not save money this year but would take More than $20 million off the books next year.
What are the NO fans thoughts on having shaq?
I personaly think it would get a decent expiring contract without losing to much with scoring and rebounding.

I love Tyson, but I'd take that trade. Heck, they could even have both Posey and Peja.

Maybe teh Suns could throw in Lopez.;):p

tland22
06-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Yea we'd throw in Po-z for Lopez...otherwise no CHANCE we getting rid of Posey....he came on strong the end of the season. And now that he is familiar with everything he is going to put out strong all next year...bank on that man.

Vinny642
06-18-2009, 12:46 AM
I want to keep Chandler if ew can, The owner said he dont mind paying the luxury tax

JPHX
06-18-2009, 07:21 PM
i dont think financially kerr would take posey or Peja. he'll probably ask for an expiring like Daniels. personally i wouldnt hesitate on a shaq for TC and Posey deal.

tland22
06-19-2009, 12:18 AM
o

daleja424
06-20-2009, 11:27 AM
What about JO from Miami for Chandler and Posey. This could be win win for both teams.

Patrick Swayze
06-21-2009, 03:02 PM
What about JO from Miami for Chandler and Posey. This could be win win for both teams.

No thanks.

tland22
06-22-2009, 02:03 PM
NO WAY. Jermaine O'Neal STINKS. He is washed up. He couldnt guard me out there!!!!!!!!! Po-Z can still play obviously and TC is only 26, his game still growing/improving.