PDA

View Full Version : Gasol's Appreciation Thread (10 Best Active Player in the NBA) Play-Off & Final Stats

JordansBulls
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Another poster by the name of "Sir Charles" came up with this.

Game 1

16 pts (7-12), 8 rbds, 3 assits, 2 blocks, 2 tovs, 3 pfs

Game 2

24 pts (7-14), 10 rbds, 3 assits, 1 block, 2 steals, 3 pfs

Game 3

23 pts (9-11), 3 rbds, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 1 tov, 3 pfs

Game 4

16 pts (7-14), 10 rbds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 tov, 4 pfs

Game 5

14 pts (6-9), 15 rbds, 3 assits, 4 blocks, 1 tov, 2 pfs

Finals Resume:

18.6 PPG
60% FG!
9.2 RPG
2.2 APG
1.8 BPG
----------
1 TOV PG
3 PF PG

Play-Offs Resume

18.3 PPG
58% FG!
10.8 RPG
2.5 APG
2.0 BPG
------------
1.9 TOV PG
3 PG PG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Season

N 1 In Offensive Rating This Season
N 5 In Offensive Win Shares This Season
N 7 In Effective FG% This Season

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play-Offs

N 2 Defensive Win Sharles (3rd Bryant)
N 4 In Offensive Win Shares (2nd Bryant)
N 4 In Win Shares (1st Bryant)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Props to A Top 10 Best Player in the League the Last
Decade or so :applause:

Player Efficiency Rating

2006-07 NBA 24.1 (7)
Active 21.8 (10)
Career NBA 21.8 (28)
Career 21.8 (28)

Active Leaders and Records for Player Efficiency Rating

Rank Player PER

1. Shaquille O'Neal 26.87
2. LeBron James 26.20
3. Tim Duncan 25.05
4. Dirk Nowitzki 23.84
5. Kevin Garnett 23.81
6. Kobe Bryant 23.64
7. Tracy McGrady 23.07
8. Yao Ming 23.03
9. Elton Brand 22.38
10. Pau Gasol 21.77

Props to the

2nd Best CF in the NBA (after Timmy Duncan) :applause:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best CF - SG Duo In The NBA
:applause:

http://www.nba.com/media/kobepau_625_080228.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2395/2476449338_9424fe20f5.jpg

http://www.nbamaniacs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pau-gasol-kobe-bryant.jpg

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20090521elpepidep_2/XLCO/Ies/20090521elpepidep_2.jpg

http://www.cronodeporte.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/gasol_kobe_bryant.jpg

What do you think?

_Supreme_
06-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Nice (you must have read my post in the other thread?) :smoking:

Imo Gasol is the real Finals MVP.

He had the hardest assignment by far, probably th key to the series, and he simply did a great job.

Unfortunately it was basically predetermined that a certain other individual would be given this award in case the Lakers won it anyway, so it's no real surprise that he doesn't get more credit now.

azkarraga
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
I think he's done a hell of a job. Don't know if he deserved it over Kobe, but still he's done some great plays this offseason, either on offense and on defense, where everbody accused him of being soft - just remembers last years comments.

he's been clearly underrrated.

AsiandudePH
06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Definitely proved his critics wrong and even with the facts to prove it there.

king4day
06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
He led the Grizzlies to the playoffs for 3 straight years.

sp1derm00
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
If the Lakers had to give Memphis an eBay trader rating:

A++++++++++++ Excellent trader, would trade with again.

x_notorious
06-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Gasol is a very efficient scorer and he can do it in multiple ways. Not only that, his FG% is always high. People doubted that he can defend Howard and he proved just that in the Finals holding to Dwight to playoff lows.

ertanozgur
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
yeah he is great..and i think he is the best ever european basketball player now.

lakers4sho
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
yeah he is great..and i think he is the best ever european basketball player now.

It's a close one between him and Dirk. Personally I'd take Pau, but many people think Dirk is still better.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Dirk is better than him now. Tony Parker is better than Dirk, so he is atleast 3rd best european in the league.

And he probably isn't the best ever either.

Chronz
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Yea he really cant defend...........

LA_Raiders
06-16-2009, 11:37 AM
That Combo = Championship....

Wake's Fastball
06-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I'll always hate the guy, but after the playoffs he's starting to fall into that Derek Jeter category of guys I don't like, but do respect.

lakersrock
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
This is why I said Kendrick wasn't anywhere near an elite defender. Playing man defense, Pau did MUCH better than Perkins. Pau is a weakling, but he's super intelligent. I knew we struck gold when we traded for him, but after two straight years of watching him play, I'm amazed at his talent level. It's a crime more people don't know how really, really good he is.

Tom81
06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
have to agreed

king4day
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
This is why I said Kendrick wasn't anywhere near an elite defender. Playing man defense, Pau did MUCH better than Perkins. Pau is a weakling, but he's super intelligent. I knew we struck gold when we traded for him, but after two straight years of watching him play, I'm amazed at his talent level. It's a crime more people don't know how really, really good he is.

He brought the Griz to the playoffs 3 striaght years. Give him the right teammates and he'll excel. Which he did.

MPScribbles
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Pau Gasol is an extremely talented and smart player. LA would not be in the championship picture without trading for him.

JordansBulls
06-16-2009, 04:14 PM
If you are going to replace Gasol with someone put Bosh, Boozer, Amare or Al Jefferson in his place. I don't think Gasol is as good as Duncan, Garnett or Dirk or MVP level yearly (maybe a year or two), but he is in that next tier right now with those first 4 guys I listed.

madiaz3
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM

He had the hardest assignment by far, probably th key to the series, and he simply did a great job.

Unfortunately it was basically predetermined that a certain other individual would be given this award in case the Lakers won it anyway, so it's no real surprise that he doesn't get more credit now.

Not at all. He contributed a ton, but there really was no question as to who was going to be the Finals MVP, not because it was predetermined, but earned through his play in the Finals. Howard inflated his stats versus a very old Big Z and Varejao, and then went onto play two youthful 7 footers and the help defense of the rest of the Lakers which includesa quick and long defender like Lamar Odom.

fresh prince
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Pau is a baller..THERES really no need to start hating on Kobe without provocation.

Pau had a great season, great playoffs, and great finals.. You have to have a James Worthy like series to earn the MVP trophy away from the teams best player and leader and Pau was good - great but not "Worhtyesque"

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Before the season, you also said Kobe is not a top 10 player in the NBA. THAT is the real reason why you believe Gasol was the Finals MVP.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Anyways, Gasol may not be a top 10 player in the NBA, but he is definitely top 15 and he is the perfect fit for the Triangle offense. The combination of Pau and Kobe worked out really well considering they won the NBA Championship.

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll always hate the guy, but after the playoffs he's starting to fall into that Derek Jeter category of guys I don't like, but do respect.

Don't you ever put Derek Jeter in the same category as Pau Gasol. Lets not get carried away here. And why isnt this in the Lakers section of forums? People outside LA dont want to see this garbage.

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Anyways, Gasol may not be a top 10 player in the NBA, but he is definitely top 15 and he is the perfect fit for the Triangle offense. The combination of Pau and Kobe worked out really well considering they won the NBA Championship.

James, Bryant, Garnett, Howard, Pierce, Yao, Artest, Roy, Anthony, Boozer, D Williams, Paul, Rondo, Allen, Harris, Dirk, Nash, Amare, A Jefferson, Wade

There is 20 players better than Gasol...... Definately not top 15

Chronz
06-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I dont know many if those are the best 15 players you can come up with off the top of your head then I cant take your rankings seriously. Rondo? Harris? REALLLY?

FaceDown91
06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
James, Bryant, Garnett, Howard, Pierce, Yao, Artest, Roy, Anthony, Boozer, D Williams, Paul, Rondo, Allen, Harris, Dirk, Nash, Amare, A Jefferson, Wade

Harris, Artest, Rondo, Nash? Boozer? wtf are u smoking?

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Gasol is anywhere from top 15-20. I disagree with a few of the players on your list being better than Gasol though (Nash, Harris, and Rondo specifically).

Teeboy1487
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Gasol is the unsung MVP. Without him, the lakers would be an average playoff team. Gasol deserves all the credit in the world. He showed up for every single game and never disappointed. Best trade in lakers history.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Gasol is the unsung MVP. Without him, the lakers would be an average playoff team. Gasol deserves all the credit in the world. He showed up for every single game and never disappointed. Best trade in lakers history.

:laugh2: I'll stick with the bag of chips for KAJ, old Goodrich for Magic, and Vlade for Kobe.

dolfan720
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
gasol is effective very effective

Lakersfan2483
06-16-2009, 07:04 PM
In terms of big men (Power Forwards), not too many big guys are better, the only exceptions being Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, and Chris Bosh. Amare is more potent offensively, but Gasol is the better rebounder and defender.

Lakersfan2483
06-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Gasol is anywhere from top 15-20. I disagree with a few of the players on your list being better than Gasol though (Nash, Harris, and Rondo specifically).

I have him amongst the top 15 to 20 players in the NBA also.

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
I have him amongst the top 15 to 20 players in the NBA also.

If Gasol wasnt on the Lakers, would you still feel that way???

NOOOOOOOOOO, he got no recognition until he was on the Lakers. Funny how that works. He was the exact same player on the Griz.

Lakersfan2483
06-16-2009, 08:07 PM

NOOOOOOOOOO, he got no recognition until he was on the Lakers. Funny how that works. He was the exact same player on the Griz.

There is a difference between being a franchise player and an all-star player. Gasol is perfect in his role as the 2nd option on the Lakers and there is no question that he is one of the best basketball players in the NBA. He's also one of the most skilled players as well. The fact that he played with the Grizz, does not diminish the type of player he is.

ARMIN12NBA
06-16-2009, 09:29 PM

He has improved since becoming a Laker in all phases of the game. He is much better offensively (check the percentages), much better defensively, and has developed more strength.

Catfish1314
06-16-2009, 10:35 PM

Well neither are elite defenders. Pau had a lot of help from LA's perimeter players too, exploiting the fact that Howard is absolutely terrible at recognizing double and triple teams and passing out of them. The officials were letting LA's guards get pretty physical with him, as they should have (it's the Finals), and Howard didn't adjust to it.

For the record, if Pau had Perks's body or Perk had Pau's brain, that would be one hell of an interior defender.

_KB24_
06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
if the lakers had to give memphis an ebay trader rating:

A++++++++++++ excellent trader, would trade with again.

lmfao ahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:40 AM
i think gasol is very skilled but i cant respect him cuz of the amount of flopping he does. you know how many times he flopped and as a result the magic had to take dwight out....i think thats very cheap hes better then that he doesnt need to flop to get an advantage he should just use the skill he already has to beat him

VSLOOT
06-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Two in the top ten PER= CHAMPIONSHIP

VSLOOT
06-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Ridiculous your even complaining about the finals.........THEY ARE OVER LAKERS ARE CHAMPIONS.....................................SUCK KKKA

Hellcrooner
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Nice to see someone other than me has made this kind of trhead.

Now lets be straight and call for some reasoning.

I always told that he was underated as in people saying he was worst than Bosh, Bozer, stoudamire or even David West and people saying he was not top 20.

But dont get carried away now because of the finals he IS NOT TOP 10 , Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Kg, Duncan, Paul, ming, Nash, Roy, Melo all are better than him.

top 15 is ok for Him.

and if we talk Centers he is top 3 Ming is the best and you can discuss about him or howard being next

In Pf he is top four, Duncan is CLEARLY better, Kg is Slightly better and you can make a discussion with Dirk for the third position.

And about mixing him with Perkins nahhh

i just keep dreaming of what kind of player would it be a mix of Pau and Marc Gasol

Paus Iq, Offensive skills, Pasing skils with Marcs Bulked up Body, Reboudning, Will, and defensive skills.......

Maybe Adria gasol the third brother is able to mix all thso things ;)

DrDEADalready
06-17-2009, 01:03 PM
pretty good for a llama I guess. :shrug:

Raps08-09 Champ
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Artest, Allen, Rondo, Amare, Boozer and Harris better than Bosh and Pau?

Amare and Allen is debatable but Rondo and Harris are pretty much 1 hit wonders right now.

Boozer isn't even a building block for a franchise and Artest is just a star who excels at something. He is at the same level as stars such as Richardson, Jefferson, Redd and Marion.

You don't even have JOE JOHNSON there!!!!!

JordansBulls
06-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Artest, Allen, Rondo, Amare, Boozer and Harris better than Bosh and Pau?

Amare and Allen is debatable but Rondo and Harris are pretty much 1 hit wonders right now.

Boozer isn't even a building block for a franchise and Artest is just a star who excels at something. He is at the same level as stars such as Richardson, Jefferson, Redd and Marion.

You don't even have JOE JOHNSON there!!!!!

Did you see Joe Johnson this playoffs?

ggg
06-18-2009, 02:33 AM
gasol had ALOT of help from Lamar Odom. Even dwight acknowledges it.

Perk had who? baby?

ggg
06-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Pau offensively is slightly better than before because now he is playing along with Kobe and Lamar who gets alot of attention.

cmellofan15
06-18-2009, 02:41 AM
:laugh2: I'll stick with the bag of chips for KAJ, old Goodrich for Magic, and Vlade for Kobe.

lol but remember kobe's not even a top ten player and pau should've gotten finals mvp :rolleyes:

azkarraga
06-18-2009, 03:20 AM
im learning a lot here. now even rondo is better than gasol. on rebounding, too? lol common, if that's not being a homer i dont what it is!