PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Why People Can't Be Happy For Kobe Bryant

FaceDown91
06-15-2009, 09:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/reillygofish

Near as I can tell, there are five reasons most of America finds it impossible to be happy for Kobe Bryant (and why they're wrong):

1) They think he threw Shaq off the Lakers -- and people like Shaq better. (Actually, Bryant doesn't own the Lakers. It was Jerry Buss who was fed up with Shaq, tired of him reporting to training camp out of shape and infuriated when he scheduled toe surgery just weeks before camp started. The team was staler than last Christmas' fruitcake. Somebody had to go. And, yes, Shaq is more fun. He acts 10 years younger than his age and Bryant 10 years older. But John Stockton makes Bryant look like a stand-up comedian and nobody hates on him.)

2) They think he has the refs in his pocket. (Actually, Bryant led all players in technical fouls in 2007-2008. He was ninth this season, tied with Shaq and a few others.)

3) They think he's a lousy teammate who hogs the ball. (Actually, Bryant set personal bests for assists in these playoffs. And watch the tapes of the Lakers celebration. You can't fake bonds like that.)

4) They think he's a threat to their god, Michael Jordan, as Greatest Player Ever. (Actually, Bryant and Jordan are friends. They talk and text a lot. Jordan has helped Bryant with his game and his public life. If Jordan doesn't resent him, why should you?)

5) They think he's a sourpuss who never smiles. (Actually, they're right. But now, with his fourth and by far most important championship, maybe he can lighten up. This title should take years off his face and tons off his shoulders. Maybe now he can start showing the world his sense of humor, his good heart and his upper row of teeth instead of just the bottoms

jdillion
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
it was just a matter of time before an article like this came out

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm happy for him. He has changed soo much. I saw him in the interview with Kenny, Charles, Ernie and he appreciated that it was his team that deserved the credit and generally speaking most guys do that. But he was just happy. They also asked him if he would guarantee a title next year and said he doesn't want to do what Pat Riley and Shaq does. He said he has soo much respect for his opponents and that he was just happy to get out of the west this year. Sounds like a guy who is likeable to me.

ink
06-15-2009, 10:30 PM
I agree JB.

I enjoyed his post-game interview. He was genuinely emotional and happy. This crap needs to die. Let the guy play basketball.

ewing
06-15-2009, 10:34 PM
How anyone cannot enjoy watching a player that plays that hard and has developed a skill set that remarkable. I'm not Laker fan. I picked and rooted against them in last year finals and in many series since he rose to stardom but I've know for a while that i'm lucky to have seen this guy play ball

fredo832
06-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Im sorry guys but i just dont see whats the big deal about a guy that turns to look at the refs every 5 seconds waiting for a foul call. I know yall are going to chew me up on this but I prefer Lebron over Kobe cause he is alot tougher then him. Lebron doesnt depend on the Refs to get him through a game. I just want yall to sit and watch every single game that kobe has played and just count how many times he looks at the ref with that face like, " come on call a foul or ima tell my mamma david stern that you arent watching over his golden child"

fnoel
06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I hated on him for years because of #3 but this year he has not done that and showed he can play team ball.

Boston Faithful
06-15-2009, 10:45 PM
and he raped a chick

This article is right on with all the reasons people hate Kobe along with his rape case. Kobe's just not a good person. If you ever read his transcipt with the police - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0924041kobea19.html -- you'll see even further what a disgusting person he is.

Maybe if he wasn't a little ***** with Shaq, didn't request a trade because his team was not good for only two years due to HIS complaining about having Shaq on the team, was actually a good teammate and didn't get himself involved in a rape trial, he wouldn actually be partially likable.

I hate Kobe. I always will. These Finals have made me realize how much more I hate Kobe than LeBron. If Kobe was soo good in the first place, he would have won the Finals MVP all those other 3 times, but he clearly was not the best player on his team. It's like Jordan winning a championship secondary to someone else on his team, or Bird being secondary to McHale on those Celtics teams. So as far as I'm concerned, it's really only like Kobe has one championship credited fully to him, because if we're going by championship totals why isn't Robert Horry involved in the discussion?

ko8e24
06-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Im sorry guys but i just dont see whats the big deal about a guy that turns to look at the refs every 5 seconds waiting for a foul call. I know yall are going to chew me up on this but I prefer Lebron over Kobe cause he is alot tougher then him. Lebron doesnt depend on the Refs to get him through a game. I just want yall to sit and watch every single game that kobe has played and just count how many times he looks at the ref with that face like, " come on call a foul or ima tell my mamma david stern that you arent watching over his golden child"

:rolleyes:

ko8e24
06-15-2009, 10:57 PM
This article is right on with all the reasons people hate Kobe along with his rape case. Kobe's just not a good person. If you ever read his transcipt with the police - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0924041kobea19.html -- you'll see even further what a disgusting person he is.

Maybe if he wasn't a little ***** with Shaq, didn't request a trade because his team was not good for only two years due to HIS complaining about having Shaq on the team, was actually a good teammate and didn't get himself involved in a rape trial, he wouldn actually be partially likable.

I hate Kobe. I always will. These Finals have made me realize how much more I hate Kobe than LeBron. If Kobe was soo good in the first place, he would have won the Finals MVP all those other 3 times, but he clearly was not the best player on his team. It's like Jordan winning a championship secondary to someone else on his team, or Bird being secondary to McHale on those Celtics teams. So as far as I'm concerned, it's really only like Kobe has one championship credited fully to him, because if we're going by championship totals why isn't Robert Horry involved in the discussion?

Ummmm. 1981 NBA FINALS, Boston def. Houston 4-1, Finals MVP: Cedric Maxwell, not Larry Bird

Phitin' Phan
06-15-2009, 10:57 PM

Lebron does that too and so does every player in the NBA.

LAKERMANIA
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
The article is right for all the reasons why people hated Kobe, but i dont think you noticed, it had a reason not to hate him as well, if you decide to read MORE than just the first line of each reason...

And, I hate gamblers, Jordan was a gambler, almost ripped his family apart, doesn't mean I should hate him. Grow up.

He never complained about having Shaq on his team, he questioned his work ethic and Shaq's decision to have toe surgery weeks before training camp.. Did you even READ the article?

I hate Kobe. I always will. These Finals have made me realize how much more I hate Kobe than LeBron.
Because he won?

If Kobe was soo good in the first placehe would have won the Finals MVP all those other 3 times, but he clearly was not the best player on his team. It's like Jordan winning a championship secondary to someone else on his team, or Bird being secondary to McHale on those Celtics teams. So as far as I'm concerned, it's really only like Kobe has one championship credited fully to him, because if we're going by championship totals why isn't Robert Horry involved in the discussion?

Even if you put Jordan in the 2000-2002 nba championships Shaq would have still won all three MVPs, Shaq was averaging 40/20 for most of the nba finals games he was in..

Jordan never won secondary to anyone else on his team, he was the best player, like I said, if he played WITH prime Shaq, Shaq would have still won all Finals MVPs

And for your final point, because Kobe's role on the team was more important than Horry's. If you were GM of the Lakers during those years, you would understand, 2000-2002 Kobe was more important to your team than Horry, therefore, Kobe's rings were more credible than Horry's 7

_KB24_
06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
im sorry guys but i just dont see whats the big deal about a guy that turns to look at the refs every 5 seconds waiting for a foul call. I know yall are going to chew me up on this but i prefer lebron over kobe cause he is alot tougher then him. lebron doesnt depend on the refs to get him through a game. i just want yall to sit and watch every single game that kobe has played and just count how many times he looks at the ref with that face like, " come on call a foul or ima tell my mamma david stern that you arent watching over his golden child"

lmfao! Ahahahahahahhahahah wtf did i really just see this????? Ahahahahhahahaha can i please use this as my new sig????????? If it werent for the refs, lebron wouldn't be able to freely drive it to the rim! Ahahahahahaahahahahahhaha **** that was just too funny.

koreancabbage
06-15-2009, 11:07 PM

you're kidding right? Lebron cries everytime he thinks there shouldn't be a call or should be a call that wasn't called.

ink
06-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Pointless thread. Move on people.