PDA

View Full Version : Early take for the 2009-2010 season!!!

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Early take for the 2009-2010 season!!!

Obviously the NBA Draft will happen in a few weeks and a lot will be contigent on that as trades may happen on draft night.

With that in mind, what observations do you have?

Top 5 Contenders
1. LA Lakers
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. San Antonio
5. Orlando

Teams that will Step a Step Forward (Out of Round 1)
1. Portland
2. Dallas
3. Chicago
4. San Antonio
5. Utah

Teams that Will Take a Step Backward (Not meet expectations)
1. Atlanta
2. Denver
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Houston

Teams That Will Surprise and make the Playoffs
1. Washington
2. Indiana
3. Phoenix

Most Likely to make the NBA Finals?

Most Likely Contender to Get Upset?

Jonathan2323
06-15-2009, 03:06 PM
IF Cleveland can add Shaq to their team, i say they are the favorites next year.

Finals: Cleveland vs LA

Contender to get upset:Boston

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
If Houston can sign Artest back, and have enough money to sign a good backup PF/C, like Rasheed...add T-Mac (cross your fingers), and this team is good. Health will be the issue

Most Likely to make the NBA Finals? CLE vs. HOU

Most Likely Contender to Get Upset? Spurs

DerekRE_3
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Obviously the NBA Draft will happen in a few weeks and a lot will be contigent on that as trades may happen on draft night.

Top 5 Contenders
1. LA Lakers
2. Boston
3. Houston
4. Cleveland
5. San Antonio

1. Portland
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. San Antonio
5. Utah

1. Orlando
2. Denver
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Indiana
3. Phoenix

You mention Washington and Indiana as surprise playoff teams and you don't mention Charlotte? :pity:

mikantsass
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Top 5 Contenders
1. Boston
2. LAL
3. San Antonio
4. Cleveland
5. Houston (if they sign Artest)
5 b. Denver (if HOU doesnt sign Artest)

1. Portland
2. Miami
3. Chicago

1. Orlando
2. Dallas
3. Atlanta
4. New Orleans
5. Detroit

1. Indiana
2. New Jersey

Celtics vs Lakers

Orlando, Utah, Hou

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Raptors draft Derozen
Sign Marion, Delfino, Parker, Rasho and a veteran backup PG
Bosh is MVP
Bargnani is MIP
Derozen is ROY
Marion is DPOY
Mensa-Bonsuh is 6th man
Calderon, Bosh, Marion and Bargnani are All Stars
Calderon, Bosh, Marion and Bargnani make up the All-NBA first team with Lebron James
Raptors makes 1st seed
Raptors win the title

THEN I START A PETITION TO GET MY NAME CHANGED TO "RAPS09-10 CHAMP".

ottograham14
06-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Raptors draft Derozen
Bosh is MVP
Bargnani is MIP
Derozen is ROY
Raptors makes 1st seed
Raptors win the title

Okay first off, that does make a lot of sense, but I just don't agree with Bosh as the MVP.....................it would definately have to be Rasho. Next year look for dominant numbers :no::no::no::no:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2009, 03:27 PM
^It was a joke

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Raptors draft Derozen
Bosh is MVP
Bargnani is MIP
Derozen is ROY
Marion is DPOY
Mensa-Bonsuh is 6th man
Calderon, Bosh, Marion and Bargnani make up the All-NBA first team with Lebron James
Raptors makes 1st seed
Raptors win the title

Then I wake up.

Fixed!:p

goku
06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
If Houston can sign Artest back, and have enough money to sign a good backup PF/C, like Rasheed...add T-Mac (cross your fingers), and this team is good. Health will be the issue

they will resign artest it would be stupid to not and also said he wants to stay with houston

hockeypro68
06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Clippers are making the playoffs next season

sp1derm00
06-15-2009, 04:26 PM

I think the Clippers are going to make the playoffs also!

They are gonna be beyond stacked. The only blemish in their lineup is Zach Randolph.

Vinny642
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow once again underating my Hornets, ughhh just watch.

nolin
06-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Not going to happen next year. future looks bright though.

Jahari Kavi
06-15-2009, 04:38 PM
too early to tell...the draft, trades, and FA need to happen first.......

AllTheWay
06-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Lakers 2009-2010 NBA champions :)

Book it.

hockeypro68
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
I think the Clippers are going to make the playoffs also!

They are gonna be beyond stacked. The only blemish in their lineup is Zach Randolph.

How was Zach Randolph a blemish in the line up? He was our #1 option, and top scorer. He averaged about 22 and 10 on the season. The problem is too many big men. Unless Griffin can play some 3, we have too many bigs. I'm hoping we can trade Randolph and Kaman so that Griffin and DeAndre Jordan can get good minutes to develop. If Dunleavy realizes the team needs to push the ball more, Baron will step his game back up to where it should be. Gordon will average over 20 points.

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Clippers 2009-2010 NBA champions :)

Book it.

Fixed:D

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Raps09-10 Champ

Yo they wont let me get a name change. I wanna start a petition.

Vinny642
06-15-2009, 05:34 PM
LOL Yea i tried to change my name from vinny642 to vinny6420 but they wouldnt let me, i'd sign the petition

Boston Faithful
06-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Celtics will win the 2009-2010 championship

Phitin' Phan
06-15-2009, 05:41 PM
1. Orlando
2. Denver
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas

The Sixers get Brand back and they fix their biggest problem and got a shooter. And you still think the will take a step back? Just a hunch>

NBA_Starter
06-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Charlotte will make the playoffs and the Blazers or Cavs will win it all.:clap:

DCLAFAN
06-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow once again underating my Hornets, ughhh just watch.

For one weve all overrated theme past 2 seasons, so they definitely deserve to be on the other side of the fence. #2 Who cares about next season were planning a parade right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So for all your BEAT LA haters chew on this!!!!!!

ARMIN12NBA
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
If the Lakers re-sign both Odom and Ariza, then I see the Lakers becoming Back to Back NBA Champions.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
LOL Yea i tried to change my name from vinny642 to vinny6420 but they wouldnt let me, i'd sign the petition

real **** lets start a riot

Lizard King
06-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Phil Jackson's going to win his 11th ring.

Vinny642
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
For one weve all overrated theme past 2 seasons, so they definitely deserve to be on the other side of the fence. #2 Who cares about next season were planning a parade right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So for all your BEAT LA haters chew on this!!!!!!

We werent overrated wth. Maybe we didnt exceed expectiations but being injured half the dam season had something to do with it. Remeber this number we were 19-6 in 25 games when we had Cp Butler Peja West and TC starting

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
The Knicks will make the playoffs as a 8 seed.

dos132
06-15-2009, 07:45 PM
im waiting for the trades to happen.... they will move shaq to clevland and lebron to NY??? hahahahah

shonk688
06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
I think if my Pacers get a little help down low we'll make it to the playoffs.

McPeak92
06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't get how you could add a healthy Elton Brand as well as develop Jason Smith, Mo Speights, Lou Williams, Thad Young as well as add a real coach and take a step back.

shonk688
06-15-2009, 08:11 PM

Top 5 Contenders
1. LA Lakers
2. Boston
3. Houston
4. Cleveland
5. San Antonio

1. Portland
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. San Antonio
5. Utah

1. Orlando
2. Denver
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Indiana
3. Phoenix

Looks good to me.:up:

still1ballin
06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Lakers repeat

Lizard King
06-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Edit

goku
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
rockets get 3rd title

ctitus45
06-15-2009, 09:27 PM
The Clippers have the TALENT to make the playoffs...too bad they're the CLIPPERS!!!!

So now that has been said and done let's get back to talking NBA Hoops....

We won't know a darn thing until Free Agency hits and the big names sign...that's when all the draft trades happen. Let's just remember that Elton Brand sucked when he did play for the Sixers...and Shaq is about 50 years old..so how does him being on the Cavs help? I mean...i understand he's better than what they have but Howard is the post presence of the East right now. Cavs need Bosh..not Shaq. There are some $$$$ qualities to aquiring shaq though since his contract does expire in 2010...and if Lebron leaves too, it could leave some nice caproom for NO ONE to come to Cleveland (great job danny ferry!!) Rockets will resign Artest..but lets keep in mind that this is the NBA and some team will overpay for all these guys.

I'm a MAVS fan...can we please sign a combination of Hedo/Ariza/Odom.

Or can we trade Josh Howard for...umm...anyone worth a darn? I wish he didn't fall off like he did..we could have really used him for our future. I say we trade JHO/1ST RD/DAMPS CONTRACT to Memphis for Rubio! ONLY IF WE PICK UP HEDO/ARIZA/ODOM THOUGH!!!! Us MAVS will make some more noise come 2010 when Nash comes back to finish his career with TIO LOCO (anyone? anyone? no? okay....) Those two will attract some fine players to come compete for a title. Especially if we can make some moves for Mr. Rubio.

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM

T-Mac makes HOU worse.

Although I do think getting a key FA will help, not Sheed though. I really think he is done. If they could get another decent player then it would help. Honestly they should trade T-Mac.

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:39 PM
IF Cleveland can add Shaq to their team, i say they are the favorites next year.

Finals: Cleveland vs LA

Contender to get upset:Boston

Yeah that is exactly what the Suns thought. They only got worse and their entire team got ruined. Shaq is not going to make the Cavs much better, if any.

Cavs are going to win 60 plus games with or without Shaq anyway. So really, the only way we will actually see if the Cavs are better is in the playoffs. I think Shaq will help them in the playoffs with experience because that is exactly what they are lacking. As for making the team better... in some ways he will some ways he won't. Playing aainst the Magic it will help because Howard ate them up. When they play the Lakers, Boston, or a team like the Nuggets... Shaq is going to hurt them because he is too slow for these fast pace teams.

goku
06-15-2009, 09:47 PM
T-Mac makes HOU worse.

Although I do think getting a key FA will help, not Sheed though. I really think he is done. If they could get another decent player then it would help. Honestly they should trade T-Mac.

i will give him benefit of the doubt if he aint healthy and playin team ball he can be gone in a trade at the begining of the season

mlisica19
06-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Lakers will be the best once again, boston will be right behind them. Lebron will be right behind them. Rockets are too old and injury prone... needs to make trades that will only hurt them. either way there screwed. Orlando will be a contender but not top 5 esp with turks leaving. San Antonio always a top.. Dont forget denver now with billupss. Hmmm who else.

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't get how you could add a healthy Elton Brand as well as develop Jason Smith, Mo Speights, Lou Williams, Thad Young as well as add a real coach and take a step back.

Sixers did better without Brand IMO. But also because other teams in the east will be better. Indiana, Washington to name a few.

LA412
06-16-2009, 12:48 AM
im definitely not feeling the Spurs next season.........Duncan is on his last legs

Gnac76
06-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Sixers did better without Brand IMO. But also because other teams in the east will be better. Indiana, Washington to name a few.

What when his arm wasnt fully in its socket? through the first 3-4 months of the season brand was the sixers best player... statistically... everyone else was playing like ish and that was partially the players fault and partially mo cheeks fault. If you wanna make a pure argument on whos taking steps back and forward... idk with injuries to brand and our back up C/PF jason smith.. bring them back healthy, another season under young players such as iggy, lou wil and thad young...two consecutive years of having a 2-1 lead in the playoffs then blowing it... I just dont agree with them taking a step back BUT.. w.e., i guess we'll all see next season how all these predictions turn out.:p

jrok217
06-16-2009, 03:09 AM
TOP 5 contenders
1. Lakers
2. Cavaliers
3. Magic
4. Blazers
5. Celtics

I found it very hard to keep the Blazers off this list, they fell short because of experience. They have B ROY, Aldridge, Fernandez, and Outlaw. If Bayless can find a way to stay in the rotation, he'll be alot of help. They have alot of talent, athleticism and length. Their youth is also a plus, there is much upside on this team. I left the Spurs out because of their age. The Celtics spot is not a guarantee and maybe the Nuggets could take 5 in the Power Rankings. Even with the emergence of Rondo and Big Baby, we are uncertain of how much is left in KG's, the Truth, and Ray Allens tank?

As for the reigning champions, they need to re-sign both ariza and lamar to compete in the WCF. The Cavs will also need to add another player other than Shaq to make this work. They should look into a 2 or a 4. Delonte and Varejao would be great players to have off your bench.

abe_froman
06-16-2009, 03:11 AM
way to early,i need to know who's on what team first

Reddd
06-16-2009, 05:16 AM
I think a healthy Bucks team could make the playoffs.
Still this summers free agency will show who's rising or who's goin down

TEXASTITAN
06-16-2009, 05:37 AM
After the rockets took the lakers to 7 games with a broken roster you can damn well bet that morey is going to reload this team. And the rockets will have a different ending with the lakers next year les alexander the owner has already said he's got no problem getting into the luxury tax. And he hinted that he diddn't want to sound ''predatory'' but most of the league is in financial turmoil and houston isn't and that were in a position of power to take on some of the good players that will have to be dumped to to salary cap reasons. Bosh,Camby,possibly CP3,Tyson chandler,Baron davis,Amare were all mentioned as possible trade targets on www.clutchfans.net from an inside source. The rockets won't have a depth problem next year bet on that

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1535/top_5_teams_for_rockets_to_plunder_in_trades/

TEXASTITAN
06-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Lakers will be the best once again, boston will be right behind them. Lebron will be right behind them. Rockets are too old and injury prone... needs to make trades that will only hurt them. either way there screwed. Orlando will be a contender but not top 5 esp with turks leaving. San Antonio always a top.. Dont forget denver now with billupss. Hmmm who else.

You're delusional regarding houston i guess ya diddn't learn anything from a beat up depleted rockets team taking the la fakers to 7 games did ya? The rockets are coming and the fact that people like you are still counting them out will just make it that much sweeter when they take it all next year. The spurs are the old team in the west not houston. Do you even watch basketball or just random post? The spurs have a MUCH bigger hill to climb than houston and anyone that argues otherwise is being naive.

TEXASTITAN
06-16-2009, 05:52 AM
We werent overrated wth. Maybe we didnt exceed expectiations but being injured half the dam season had something to do with it. Remeber this number we were 19-6 in 25 games when we had Cp Butler Peja West and TC starting

The hornets are in trouble and here's why they will be hard pressed to make a playoff run.....

The Problem: Hornets owner George Shinn doesn't do luxury tax, but in 2009-2010, George Shinn is going to do luxury tax. That is, unless he dumps salary. With Chris Paul's extension kicking in, the Hornets currently have a $76 million payroll on deck, with the luxury tax line expected to be $69-$70 million. The biggest thorn in the franchise's side is Peja Stojakovic, who is a shell of the player the Hornets thought they signed and is on the books for another $30 million guaranteed over the next two seasons. We know the Hornets have tried to cut costs -- they dumped Tyson Chandler for expiring contracts to the Thunder just before the trading deadline, but the deal was rescinded after Chandler's physical.

king4day
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
You mention Washington and Indiana as surprise playoff teams and you don't mention Charlotte? :pity:

It's because every expects them too ;).

JordansBulls
07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Time to update this with all of the recent activity.

tland22
07-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Raptors draft Derozen
Bosh is MVP
Bargnani is MIP
Derozen is ROY
Marion is DPOY
Mensa-Bonsuh is 6th man
Raptors makes 1st seed
Raptors win the title

you are sick man.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
you are sick man.

Dont I make greazy predictions

tland22
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
My honest prediction is that Derozan will be a huge bust. He will be in the D League before we know it. I promise you that. he did NOTHING at USC. So i will further extend my logic and conclude that he will do NOTHING in the big leagues, the NBA...

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
^

We have crappy SG's so I think he can do us good.

JWO35
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
DaJuan Summers wins the: Rookie of the Year, 6th man of the year, the Slam Dunk Contest, MVP of the Rookie vs. Sophomores game, Regular Season MVP, and Finals MVP....he also gets named to the 1st All-NBA Team :D

ko8e24
07-10-2009, 04:51 PM
out with ariza, in with artest (hopefully resign LO)=REPEAT!

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
My honest prediction is that Derozan will be a huge bust. He will be in the D League before we know it. I promise you that. he did NOTHING at USC. So i will further extend my logic and conclude that he will do NOTHING in the big leagues, the NBA...

Vince Carter averaged similar numbers when he was in his last season in college.

tland22
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM
I know, I just typically dont think USC players do very well...they get over rated. And I think Derozan is tooo, unfortunately. I think Sam Young will be better. Just my prediction.