PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone really want to see Shaq in the title picture again?

_Supreme_
06-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Personally, I would hate it if he went to the Cavs and got a chance to ride Lebron's coattail to another Finals/championship and add to his already enormous ego.

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
You cant add to shaq's ego, it reached full capacity in 2006...besides, his personality would be great alongside LeBron in the playoffs

Tom81
06-15-2009, 10:39 AM
why not

ink
06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I want him to retire. I'd like to leave that whole saga behind.

Eagles_Guy
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Only if it's vs. Kobe and the Lakers.

It'll make for good TV, Shaq is entertaining.

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
No, I do not. Shaq is just jumping around from team to team to win titles now and it is quite obvious. Once the team is no longer a contender he wants to go somewhere else. It's frankly terrible IMO. He won a title in Miami and then stayed the next year, but then the following season once Miami started bad he wanted out and played like crap. He got traded to Phx and started hyping up Nash saying he was the best player he ever played with and then they lose in round 1 and then failed to make the playoffs despite having 3 allstars on the team. If he goes to Cleveland he will say stuff like Lebron is the greatest ever, yada, yada, yada. Shaq is just a phony these days and is clearly destroying his reputation.

Tom81
06-15-2009, 11:00 AM
No, I do not. Shaq is just jumping around from team to team to win titles now and it is quite obvious. Once the team is no longer a contender he wants to go somewhere else. It's frankly terrible IMO. He won a title in Miami and then stayed the next year, but then the following season once Miami started bad he wanted out and played like crap. He got traded to Phx and started hyping up Nash saying he was the best player he ever played with and then they lose in round 1 and then failed to make the playoffs despite having 3 allstars on the team. If he goes to Cleveland he will say stuff like Lebron is the greatest ever, yada, yada, yada. Shaq is just a phony these days and is clearly destroying his reputation.

truth

Blaze12
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Shaq is the one riding coattails to championships. Kobe unfortunately actually won the first title that he was a major part of.

bahama0811
06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
No, not really. I'd like to see him go away finally.

Rapt0rs
06-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes so he can face Kobe in the finals and see whose *** taste better

Chronz
06-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Hell yea, Id love Shaq to end up with more chips. Its only right considering how screwed over hes been in the MVP runnings over the years.

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 11:32 AM

this is true, but all NBA fans know he truly led the Lakers...winnin another with LBJ wouldnt hurt the league; we know shaq isnt the same anymore

_Supreme_
06-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah, Shaq is the one riding coattails to championships. Kobe unfortunately actually won the first title that he was a major part of.

Well, of course he was the undisputable main man during the Lakers days, and I'm also definitely not saying he rode Wade's coattail in 2006. He did play a major part in the series vs Chicago and Detroit, but wasn't very effective in the Finals.

Like JordansBulls already said it's after the HEAT struggled, and he stopped playing hard and wanted out because he thought he would get an easy ticket in Phoenix, that he started to become a coattail rider Imo. He will talk people up if he somehow has something to gain by doing so, and as soon as he doesn't need someone anymore he makes derogatory remarks.

I understand (and agree) that it would be great entertainment if he went to Cleveland and they ended up vs the Lakers in the Finals, but this thread was really meant to focus purely on Shaq and his personality.

Trouble87
06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I can see the big man getting one more ring but no with the Suns

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 11:53 AM
With that being stated, then yes...of course, if he was sponsored by nike he would probably make a cameo in the mvppuppets commercials...it would be great to have shaq back

Mr.ATLHawks
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
I dont see anything wrong with this. Its obvious Shaq and Amare didnt work. Pheonix is a non-defensive minded team. Shaq would fit in alot better in Cleveland and their half court sets. would free Lebron up more b/c you have to double Shaq even at his age. Cleveland is very defensive minded. Phoenix is trying to shed his $20 million so they can try to give Amare a contract extension. As far as the subject goes, nobody complained when Horry bounced around winning rings. Its the nature of the business these days. Long gone are the days where players stay with one team their whole career, and at his age what else is playing for...mediocrity? I would certainly hope not. I am a big Shaq fan, and I dont see a problem with him trying to build his teammates up i.e Nash, Wade. At least he isnt trashing his teammates saying negatives things about them. Shaq is a good guy and has been nothing but good for the NBA, his community and for the kids. I think he can do whatever he feels he needs to without consequence to his reputation..

azkarraga
06-15-2009, 11:57 AM
actually i dont care. and no, i dont see him winning it all again

_Supreme_
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
At least he isnt trashing his teammates saying negatives things about them.

No, he usually waits until they aren't his teammates any more before he does that :whistle:

JWO35
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm all for Shaq winning one more title....What's the worst that could happen!?! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBh5dvSbgLM)

Mr.ATLHawks
06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
No, he usually waits until they aren't his teammates any more before he does that :whistle:

And who has Shaq talked crap about? Kobe Bryant? I would have anything nice to say someone who said I was cheating on my wife b/c his dumb *** got caught up in Colorado. So if that who you are referring to, save it.

Reddd
06-15-2009, 12:36 PM
He's been cocky lately, making that stupid comment on Howard was just a desperate move to recieve some attention over the playoffs , I guess he can't accept the fact that the youth will soon run over him, if it hasn't already.

Aside that, you'll have to accept the fact that he is still one of the most dominant players in the game. When he'll pull himself together, stop making dumb statements and just play at an all-star level, than I think he deserves one, but right now he doesn't.
But I'm afraid that if he wins the ring with whoever, he'll start trashtalking and won't stop for a while.

Kakaroach
06-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't care either way. Its the NBA, if the guy wants to win and teams are willing to trade him, then why not? Yeah, it is disgusting the way he jumps around, but not like its illegal or anything.

Drtino
06-15-2009, 12:46 PM

Exactly... it is so obvious to some and his public statements make them even more noticeable to those people who can read a character's persona by their actions.

I don't think he can make it to the finals ever again... Unless he gets traded to the Cavs like many of you have mentioned, but that's just ridiculous... then again, if it ever happens... he's just too exhausted to even play the game, he's actually reaching that age, where his body physique and stamina doesn't comply and becomes unresponsive with his mental eagerness to play the game.

Drtino
06-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Following to my reply above... I'd say... just trade him to NJ for Yi and Simmons.:p

KeithLBC
06-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Shaq in the title hunt again. He's a "winner" as Lebron put it, why would he want to be on a losing team that's not going anywhere. It's not like Shaq's the one pulling the strings and making the decision on where he goes, he basically goes where he's traded. If he's fortunate enough to be traded to a contender, then good for him.

I'd love to see Shaq play Howard 4 times a year, that is if he makes it back to the east.

ManRam
06-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I love Shaq. He can still play, and make a huge difference. He wouldn't simply be "riding LeBron's coattails" if he went to Cleveland. He averaged 18 and 8 last year. His defense, especially on a guy like Howard, would help get Cleveland back to the Finals. I don't want to see it because I think with Shaq, a lot of Cleveland's match up issues vs. Orlando disappear, but I love Shaq.

And he has every right to be cocky, and have an inflated ego, or whatever. He's a top 10 player all-time, borderline top 5.

sp1derm00
06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
It would be a crazy finals if Shaq joined the Cavs and Lebron and they made it to the Finals... and the Lakers make it to the finals.

It would be like Kobe's worst nightmare. Both his past and his future teamed up against him to take him down. Would make one of the best story lines ever.

Kobe fighitng to prove he's more of a winner than Shaq is, and fighting to prove that he's still the best over Lebron. Wow, thinking about it like this, I'm sure the trade happens.

Vinny642
06-15-2009, 05:10 PM
na i dont want him to win it again, unless he is with us

pf289
06-15-2009, 06:02 PM
I hate shaq. hes an arrogant ******* an has won enough. he is far past his prime an needs to shut up.

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 10:20 PM
It would be a crazy finals if Shaq joined the Cavs and Lebron and they made it to the Finals... and the Lakers make it to the finals.

It would be like Kobe's worst nightmare. Both his past and his future teamed up against him to take him down. Would make one of the best story lines ever.

Kobe fighitng to prove he's more of a winner than Shaq is, and fighting to prove that he's still the best over Lebron. Wow, thinking about it like this, I'm sure the trade happens.

It would be a great series. But if it happened everyone would be thinking it was set up to happen.

fredo832
06-15-2009, 10:36 PM
I would not mind Shaq in the title picture again cause I appreciate him. As for Kobe I really am not a big fan of him cause he is a cocky ignorant guy. If I had a choice between Kobe or Lebron on my team I would choose Lebron without hesitation cause he is alot stronger and he doesnt depend on the refs to get him through the game. But I love Shaq he is a very entertaining big man to watch. Kobe is going to think he is some kind of God now just cause he won 1 title let me repeat that ONE titile without Shaq.

Chronz
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
It would be a great series. But if it happened everyone would be thinking it was set up to happen.

Not everyone, only the morons

rjvacad
06-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Personally, I would hate it if he went to the Cavs and got a chance to ride Lebron's coattail to another Finals/championship and add to his already enormous ego.

He screwed the Laker fans by demanding a trade, I hope he never gets there again.

Mckphins
06-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Id love to see shaq win again! Id personally love him on the hornets with cp3! That would be nuts. But if he went to the cavs that would be fun to watch

DieselPowered32
06-16-2009, 12:14 AM
i think Shaq will get there one more time and hopefully be alongside Lebron, Lebron will make it work his just too good a player not too. People say Shaq would clog the lane up with Lebron and stuff his game up. Thats total BS because when Shaq and wade were together people seem to forget Wade makes a living driving to the basket just like Lebron does and he made it work with Shaq,Plus Lebron is a much better passer and physically more powerful. Allso by all reports Lebron is said to be excited with the possibility of having Shaq come play with him.

Shaq says stupid things sometimes but to me what his achieved on the court and what he does for charities far outwiegh the stupid things he says. When you take a moment to realise what his achieved in his career you get see how dominant and great this guy has been in the NBA

BTownTeamsRKing
06-16-2009, 12:19 AM
i cant stand shaq. he wants more attention than girls. attention whore to the fullest. it always has to be about him.

nickster16301
06-16-2009, 12:33 AM
shaq is a great player and human being anyone who doesnt like him is just one of those people who hate the best players

leftie5
06-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Why not? He's one of the nicest guys in the league, has a good personality, and is funny too. As evident by last season, he still has some game left in the tank as well and has lost some weight this offseason. If anything it would at least be entertaining to see him in the finals.

LA412
06-16-2009, 12:37 AM
eh shaq is kind of funny at times so why not

KeithLBC
06-16-2009, 02:03 AM
I would not mind Shaq in the title picture again cause I appreciate him. As for Kobe I really am not a big fan of him cause he is a cocky ignorant guy. If I had a choice between Kobe or Lebron on my team I would choose Lebron without hesitation cause he is alot stronger and he doesnt depend on the refs to get him through the game. But I love Shaq he is a very entertaining big man to watch. Kobe is going to think he is some kind of God now just cause he won 1 title let me repeat that ONE titile without Shaq.

you sound like a ridiculously sore loser.

Lakermania33
06-16-2009, 02:34 AM
I believe champs take on all comers and I would love to see Shaq vs Kobe the final chapter. What a way to end it all if they face off in the finals. I have never liked the way Shaq acted after he left us but I know while he was a Laker he played his heart out and I appreciated that. It's funny to listen to some of you talk about Kobe riding Shaqs coattail so I ask you (1) how many game winners did Shaq make? (2) Are you silly enough to think Shaq (or Kobe) would have won those titles with anyone else? (3) If you don't believe that look at 2002-2004 and see where Kobe was on the MVP voting as opposed to Shaq. I think you might be surprised. How can you ride a guys coattail that you finished ahead of in the MVP voting all except two years. Look Shaq has the right to bounce around and try to find the right team but the Lakers were clearly better than the Cavs this year (two double digit victories 17 and 10) he would not make that much difference if they play LA. Giving them the title? Please what a joke. The way I see it Shaq makes the Cavs clearly better than Boston but Orlando runs pick and roll with Dwight and Hedu (if he re-signs) it's not a good matchup for the Cavs or Shaq. We are a bad match up for both of them. Bring it!

jrok217
06-16-2009, 02:51 AM
I think it would be awesome! no love lost here big fella.. lets rewind the clock lakers fans, he did help us bring 3 straight home. Lets consider one thing, the last time there was a 3peat before the Lakers Dynasty, some guy by the name of Michael Jeffrey Jordan was still in the league. He's paid his dues in this league and always deserves a chance at a title. He found the fountain of youth, and did as much as he could on a struggling Suns squad. Much Luck to the big fella :)

abe_froman
06-16-2009, 03:09 AM
if he's on my team i do.but other than that sure why not,dont really care.def not one who really doesnt(like the op)

Lakermania33
06-16-2009, 03:14 AM

Great point. Shaq has 1 title let me repeat 1 title without Kobe.
Since they split. Shaq has 1 ECF appearance, 1 ring, 2 first round exits, 1yr not making the playoffs, and 1 (maybe 2) trades. In a stunning difference Kobe has 2 Finals appearance (1 with ring), 2 first round exits, 1 yr not making the playoffs, 1 league MVP and 1 Finals MVP. You know you are right. Shaq has been much more productive than Kobe.

BTW didn't D Howard foul out of 3 ECF games against CLV? Two more games didn't have 5 fouls? Did he foul out on any against the Lakers? Let me answer those in order Yes, Yes, and No. I love your non fact statement that Kobe relies on the refs to get him through the game when in fact the other teams star player fouls out of three games against LBJ and you believe that he does not get the benefit of calls:clap: Conversation with no facts lol. I've got to give it to you, if you are nothing else you are funny.

TEJ
06-16-2009, 03:31 AM

The thing is that if he went there and they won a championship he wouldn't really be riding anyone's coattails because as we saw this season, the Cavs couldn't even get into the finals this season. If he went there and they won a championship he would play a direct role in them winning it even though he would not be the number 1 option. People need to get over the notion that one player can win a championship, it is a team effort.

jrok217
06-16-2009, 03:38 AM
I dont think its ever fair to breakdown someones accomplishments by comparing him to another player. It is ignorant to think Kobe gets bailed out of plays by the refs. Lets be honest for a second, all the superstars get calls. Dwight didnt get into so much foul trouble in the finals, because no one attacked the basket like Lebron. It should also be understood why people think Kobe is cocky, he does carry himself on and off the court in an arrogant manner. I will never question his drive or determination, but there were those years in which he wouldnt put his ego aside. The Lakers should have won 5-6 titles in the Shaq-Kobe era. This is an old story, but lets be realist. If these two LEGENDS would have put both their egos aside, the Lakers Dynasty would be LEGENDARY!!!! We also have to give credit to the talent surrounding Kobe this year: Pau, Trevor, Lamar; and big plays from their supporting cast in Bynum, Fisher, Walton, and Farmar. Teams win Championships, not a single player. How bout we talk basketball and love the game for what it is! Lets leave our own personal bias out of what it really is. Im a true Lakers fan, they won because they wanted it more than anyone else this year. The Kobe-Shaq era was glorious to experience!! Plus, Kobe+Shaq MVPs= Nash MVPS. How bout we break down that catastrophe, we ALL know Kobe and Shaq deserve better.

dee279
06-16-2009, 03:39 AM
only if he was back on the heat, but i dont want him back actually on the team. I dont wanna see anybody in the title picture unless dey on da heat.

dee279
06-16-2009, 03:43 AM
but on the other team, if shaq is on dere, good for him

TEJ
06-16-2009, 03:46 AM
I dont think its ever fair to breakdown someones accomplishments by comparing him to another player. It is ignorant to think Kobe gets bailed out of plays by the refs. Lets be honest for a second, all the superstars get calls. Dwight didnt get into so much foul trouble in the finals, because no one attacked the basket like Lebron. It should also be understood why people think Kobe is cocky, he does carry himself on and off the court in an arrogant manner. I will never question his drive or determination, but there were those years in which he wouldnt put his ego aside. The Lakers should have won 5-6 titles in the Shaq-Kobe era. This is an old story, but lets be realist. If these two LEGENDS would have put both their egos aside, the Lakers Dynasty would be LEGENDARY!!!! We also have to give credit to the talent surrounding Kobe this year: Pau, Trevor, Lamar; and big plays from their supporting cast in Bynum, Fisher, Walton, and Farmar. Teams win Championships, not a single player. How bout we talk basketball and love the game for what it is! Lets leave our own personal bias out of what it really is. Im a true Lakers fan, they won because they wanted it more than anyone else this year. The Kobe-Shaq era was glorious to experience!! Plus, Kobe+Shaq MVPs= Nash MVPS. How bout we break down that catastrophe, we ALL know Kobe and Shaq deserve better.

I was with you until that, you cant discredit Nash's MVPs based on how many other people have. He had a major impact and completely brought a franchise back to life. It was really unfortunate injuries to teammates that kept him from winning a title.

Lakersfan2483
06-16-2009, 03:55 AM

It's time for him to retire and leave the game with some dignity instead of calling young guys out and making himself look foolish and immature. He should retire with class.

championships
06-16-2009, 03:58 AM

Did you think that through before you hit submit?. ONE title huh? Shaq has only ONE without Kobe and IMO it was cause of Wade in that finals that Shaq has that Title. Kobe has accomplished a little more than Shaq has since Shaq left. Kobe did it with his own team, Shaq just trys to go to the next flavor of the month. On that note: I would like to see Shaq on the Cavs so when they play the Magic, We get to see Dwight run all over him for talking **** about him during this years finals.

jrok217
06-16-2009, 04:19 AM
actually, if you read my post you'd see that im not discrediting Nash for his MVPs. I agreed 100% with 1 of his MVP's, and thought maybe Shaq should have had it the first yr he was in Miami. Nash is a great player(he was their heart and motor those 2 MVP seasons), but in the end its not fair he'll have 2 and kobe and shaq only have 1 each. The suns were awesome with their run and gun play, but they didnt get far and sometimes you have to point at your star. Kobe and Shaq have 12 finals apps combined. I just think if Nash has 2, kobe and shaq should have 2 or more. In the NBA, some players are evaluated on accomplishments; in this case, MVPs swing votes when it comes to hall of famers. in this case: Kobe, Shaq, and Nash are all 1st ballot hall of famers. My knock isnt on Nash, it was merely an example.

I was with you until that, you cant discredit Nash's MVPs based on how many other people have. He had a major impact and completely brought a franchise back to life. It was really unfortunate injuries to teammates that kept him from winning a title.

jrok217
06-16-2009, 04:27 AM
It's time for him to retire and leave the game with some dignity instead of calling young guys out and making himself look foolish and immature. He should retire with class.

FACT: Shaq is immature! he should have never got on dwights case, especially cuz hes 37 yrs old and should act like it. But, shaq will always be Shaq and u can put ur $ on that. Its not time for him to retire thou, he has alot of heart. The guy can still compete with 90% of the centers in the league. just look at his numbers this yr, in limited playing time. Id only start d howard ahead of him at the C position. Even Yao Ming is still an iffy C. Shaq has never rode any1s coattails, he always had a hand in his teams accomplishments. Dont knock on him cuz DWADE became a superbeast in 06!!! DWADE will prob get 10' MVP, the 2nd best 2g in the league behind KOBE. Dwade avg'd higher numbers than kobe and lebron this yr, across the board.:D

Gnac76
06-16-2009, 05:05 AM
As like most of you I to am starting to get sick of shaq's attitude, HOWEVER... if it means seeing shaq and lebron vs kobe and co.... im all for it as it should make for a great series... the hype would sell itself

architect13563
06-16-2009, 05:53 AM
no.

GiantMetKnick
06-16-2009, 06:15 AM
It'd be really nice if he gets traded to a contender but then just ruins their team and is 1 and done in the playoffs.

perkulation
06-16-2009, 07:43 AM
There are not enough cameras for both Shaq and Lebron to play together. The media would probably self destruct if this move ever happened. I dislike both overrated players, but wouldn't mind watching them lose together. I mean, how many fourth quarter foul shots would the two of them miss?

king4day
06-16-2009, 09:30 AM

How is he jumping around? After LA he was traded to Miami and Phoenix. He did demand to get traded there. Same could happen with the Cavs.

king4day
06-16-2009, 09:32 AM
There are not enough cameras for both Shaq and Lebron to play together. The media would probably self destruct if this move ever happened. I dislike both overrated players, but wouldn't mind watching them lose together. I mean, how many fourth quarter foul shots would the two of them miss?

Comments like these are how posters become discredited

heyman321
06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Why would you NOT want to see the Godfather win another ship? He's the Godfather. He's the Big Diesel. He's the Big Aristotle.

He's just funny and it would be great to see him win another one, despite being a 2nd banana.

Mr.ATLHawks
06-16-2009, 04:44 PM
He screwed the Laker fans by demanding a trade, I hope he never gets there again.

LOL@this. Shaq demanded a trade b/c Jerry Buss was shopping him around liek he is Andrew Bynum. C'mon man make a valid point...

mikantsass
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I think that he deserves another ring or two. He is probably the 3rd or 4th most dominant big man in history, and him having 4 rings seems low. I know he is way past his prime but still. I wish he won 1 or 2 with the Magic before he went to LA.

Although, there are some dominant big ment that are title-less, so i guess it can work both ways.... i would have liked to see Barkley get a few rings, even Ewing

Mr.ATLHawks
06-16-2009, 05:02 PM

No, I think its the same old. The Suns dont like to play defense...Amare or Nash. Your superstars have to set the example i.e Kobe Bryant. LA definitely stepped their defense up in the playoffs (when they had to). i didnt think they had the defensive mentality. IMO cleveland would have put a wayyyy better fight then Orlando, but thats why its so unpredictable. Orlando beating Cleveland is like GS knocking the 65+ win Mavericks off a few years ago, a phenomena. Nash statistically deserved the MVP, but lets be honest the award should be the most rounded player and Nash is not rounded defensively. Offensively he was a monster, points, assists, points in the paint, shooting %. But defensively he is beyond horrible. But I am not here to discredit Nash b/c I like his game, but in my mind MVP should be a combo of both like Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Magic, Shaq, Bird think of all the greats and you tell me which one sucked defensively. That is why I say he should never won an MVP (him or Dirk)

Mr.ATLHawks
06-16-2009, 05:07 PM

Great Post!!! And lets not forget it was Fisher and Ariza knocking down 3's and buckets in that critical Game 4, not Kobe. Kobe is still unstoppable when that jumper is falling, but he needs help like everyone else. Kobe ego has changed drastically since they traded Shaq and it took them how long 6 years to get another ring. But IMO this ring still doesnt justify trading Shaquille O'Neal, and I still think this trade will be viewed as one of the dumbest in history when its all said and done. Shaq was just fortunate to have Wade, Kobe had to wait a few more years to get a big man or two to fill shaq's void in the triangle(Pau for offense, Bynum for defense) put those 2 together you have Shaq.

Mr.ATLHawks
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Did you think that through before you hit submit?. ONE title huh? Shaq has only ONE without Kobe and IMO it was cause of Wade in that finals that Shaq has that Title. Kobe has accomplished a little more than Shaq has since Shaq left. Kobe did it with his own team, Shaq just trys to go to the next flavor of the month. On that note: I would like to see Shaq on the Cavs so when they play the Magic, We get to see Dwight run all over him for talking **** about him during this years finals.

Yeah b/c Dwight Howard is so gifted offensively...lol. Please, even at Shaq's far superior age to Howard they pretty much cancel each other out. A Yong shaq vs D Howard now...no comparison. Shaq would eat this clown for breakfast.. Kobe hasnt accomplished more they both have done the same thing...One title. His own team, well correct me if I am wrong did they trade Shaq away from LA? I am sure he would have stayed minus Kobe snitching like a little girl and crying about how he should be the focal point of LA(see Phil Jackson's Book) Phil couldnt even talk to Kobe, directly, he had to tell someone who told Kobe things. Maybe you forget the Detroit vs LA Lakers Finals where Kobe was a no show? why do think Phil left, Shaq got traded, Fisher left, Horry left..everyone was sick of the BS. Kobe has since matured and realized I cant do this by myself and that is what makes him great today. The willingness to put aside his ego and play TEAM BASKETBALL and share the spotlight. The old Kobe knocks Jameer Nelson over and shoots that shot himself instead of kicking it to fisher for the three pointer to send it to overtime.

But no matter all of the stated, the fact still REMAINS they both would have accomplished more 3-4 more titles to the already impressive 3 if they could have maturely co-exsisted.

NYtilIdie
06-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Eh really wouldn't care as long as he does that Jabawockezz dance again lol. JB you get mad cause Shaq bounces around from team to team cause their not championship contenders, but isn't that why you play the game to win a championship? Shaq isn't getting younger so he's trying get 1 more ring before he retires and we know it and he knows thats not going to happen in PHX they had their chance in 04 they traded alot of great talent away (Johnson, N. Robinson, Deng) and now their full of guys who are past their prime except for Nash,Amare and possibly Richardson.

Shaq's best hope is to hope PHX accepts CLE's offer cause their the ones that are 1 piece away from a championship and Shaq could POSSIBLY be that piece. If he doesn't go to CLE and goes somewhere else I don't see him winning a championship.

artest_kobe
06-16-2009, 05:58 PM
shaq going to cleveland would not make cleveland a championship team. you need to be on kobes team to be a champion

jim51990
06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
shaq is probably my favorite player of all time even thou he was a laker so yes

prash
06-16-2009, 10:53 PM
I want Shaq to win a 5th Ring.

shaq going to cleveland would not make cleveland a championship team. you need to be on kobes team to be a champion

i don't know what's more annoying... kobe winning his 4th, or the ***** that his fans talk. jeez

JJ81
06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Only if he did it in LA.

jiggajay23
06-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I def wouldnt mind seeing shaq come back to the finals...hes funny, exciting and old skool. But i know LEBRON doesnt want him to come cuz if they win a championship ten everyone will say that he did it with shaq/could only win with shaq....whether he wants that or not his his call cuz lets face it, lebron decides whether shaq comes or doesnt come to cleveland...hes like the ayatolah he gets the final word...by the way hes not a king yet so stop calling him king james ya queens

CP3 The Great
06-16-2009, 11:51 PM
you guys are truly ridiculous, shaq led the lakers to three, and was perfect for miami, he's old not his fault organizations do not want him for his remaining years its not about him abandoning teams that are growing worse its about the value these teams that are getting worse can get for him, its kind of horrible to see all these bloggers hate on the most entertaining player that ever stepped on hardwood, him and lebron would be something to see he cant win it without lebron, and vice-versa obviously, unless the cavs come up on some other big acquistion that isn't shaq.

CP3 The Great
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I def wouldnt mind seeing shaq come back to the finals...hes funny, exciting and old skool. But i know LEBRON doesnt want him to come cuz if they win a championship ten everyone will say that he did it with shaq/could only win with shaq....whether he wants that or not his his call cuz lets face it, lebron decides whether shaq comes or doesnt come to cleveland...hes like the ayatolah he gets the final word...by the way hes not a king yet so stop calling him king james ya queens

Simmer Down there little guy, Let lebron get his 1st, he just wants a ring he will get more than two and he just wants one, no matter how he acquires it.

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Simmer Down there little guy, Let lebron get his 1st, he just wants a ring he will get more than two and he just wants one, no matter how he acquires it.

if you know what lebrons true intentions are then you know that he wants to be a billionaire. therefore, you know that his image plays a big role in attaining that cute goal of his. for example, his image was slightly hurt by not shaking hands with orlando after the loss. Any more of that ********, and hes gone start surrounding his name with negativity, which will bring sales down for the james. Therefore, if he wins a title with shaq, and doesnt win one after shaq leaves, after a couple of years people are gonna start saying that he cant win without someone like shaq (even though he wouldnt be the main guy on the team) and hes gonna lose respect and sales. this is whats gonna happen to wade soon if he doesnt start getting deep into the playoffs. do you understand now, little man? if not take a marketing course

FaceDown91
06-17-2009, 12:23 AM
my message to shaq :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6dT2-WrVOw&feature=related

jiggajay23
06-17-2009, 12:27 AM
my message to shaq :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6dT2-WrVOw&feature=related

HAHA, i hope you didnt spend too much time finding that vid, you could have just typed it no one here wants to see anime were nba fans put that **** on the hockey or baseball thread

FaceDown91
06-17-2009, 12:28 AM
HAHA, i hope you didnt spend too much time finding that vid, you could have just typed it no one here wants to see anime were nba fans put that **** on the hockey or baseball thread

i just typed in u lose the game and i got this video lol.

Gambeezy
06-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes so he can face Kobe in the finals and see whose *** taste better

:laugh: lmao. God I hate Shaq more than the next guy. At this point he really is just riding coattails. If you sign him, he'll talk trash about his teammates and leave when the going gets tough.

Industry
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM
What makes you think that Lebron actually wants O'neal on his team, people? Try and REALLY think about this...I stopped posting here because I felt things were a little "cliche'" here with all of the "Kobe will never win without Shaq", "KG will never win a ring and doesn't have the heart to win"..."Steve Nash will lead the Suns to a championship" (all of which I caught heat for because I called BS on all of these popular opinions), so let me give you another jewel that you won't agree with UNTIL it happens (like always) and that is if Shaq goes to Cleveland, the Cavs won't make it out of the second round...

Lebron is a stat padder...lets be honest about this...he just does it in creative ways that he can work the media and the casual fan...things like holding on to the ball until 3 seconds in the shot clock and then passing it of to force his teammates to take a shot immediately AFTER he passes the ball to get his assist stats up....

Bron needs the ball in his hands 97% of the time and with Shaq down low, he will do the exact samething to Cleveland that he did to Pheonix and that is he will stifle perimeter passing and opt to pass out of double teams instead of forcing a team to rotate better by swinging it around on the wing........where Lebron gets the majority of his stats from...... It won't work...and if it does, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong...but I don't think I will be...

Brooklyn Mets
06-17-2009, 10:25 AM
You cant add to shaq's ego, it reached full capacity in 2006...besides, his personality would be great alongside LeBron in the playoffs

LeBron and Shaq would be doing the soulja boy at halfcourt like during all star weekend

Durant is hype
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Why not? He brings entertainment,competitiveness and classic moments.All those elements are needed.

SunsFanIam
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I might be wrong in saying this but I personally hold him and kerr responsible for destroying this team. Before Kerr and Shaq got here we were holding on to the number 1 spot in the west and the suns have fallen ever since. I personally don't care where Shaq goes, but he need to get up out of Phoenix!

masalex1205
06-17-2009, 10:48 AM

How's he jumping around? He got traded.

J_M_B
06-17-2009, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't want to see him win another title. After he bailed on Wade and Riley, I haven't been a big fan of Shaq. But I wouldn't mind watching a Lakers-Cavs finals with him on the Cavs. It would be good for TV.

Kabowdos
06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
He is a loser. He talks so much crap about everyone. He is going to take crap about the Suns after he gets traded. I hope the Suns just keep him and he just rots there. He wants to go to any team that has a chance of winning to add to his ego. He is a loser. I'm sorry, I have been losing respect for the guy ever since he left Miami and I lost respect for after some of his shots at Kobe.

When you look at the Kobe Shaq soap opera. Kobe was the more mature guy in handling the situation, while Shaq just made it worse. I believe he was the problem.

Hellcrooner
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
only if he comes back home and wins it wiht the Lakers.

stawka
06-18-2009, 06:17 AM
He is a loser. He talks so much crap about everyone. He is going to take crap about the Suns after he gets traded. I hope the Suns just keep him and he just rots there. He wants to go to any team that has a chance of winning to add to his ego. He is a loser. I'm sorry, I have been losing respect for the guy ever since he left Miami and I lost respect for after some of his shots at Kobe.

Yes you're right, Shaq is a proven loser.

When you look at the Kobe Shaq soap opera. Kobe was the more mature guy in handling the situation, while Shaq just made it worse. I believe he was the problem.

Dude, lets look into this before we (you) talk ****... Shaq was fat and out of shape, opted for surgery during 'company time' (which are both unacceptable). Kobe took shots at the best player on the team (which you just don't do), Kobe also wanted to be the leader on the team (which you also don't do when you're winning fine), Kobe raped some chick, then when Shaq tries to bail him out, Kobe snitches on him (once again, you don't do).

So where the hell did you come up with the theory that ONLY SHAQ was the problem? Look into the facts, they were both a problem - Not Shaq, not Kobe -- but BOTH of 'em!

IndiansFan337
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM

Well, many LAL fans would say that....But it is good for the NBA when Shaq is on a winning team. He sells. And in this economy, they need it.

If Shaq gets back to the Finals, he will be the 2nd or 3rd option on the team, at best.

I think if Shaq wins a title with LBJ, there will be a lot of haters bringing up the fact that Kobe won a title on his own, but that Shaq needed Kobe to win 3, D-Wade to win 1, and then possibly LBJ to win another.

jrosborn
06-18-2009, 10:38 AM
It was be a perfect way to end Shaq's career to come to Cleveland and win his 5th championship alongside Lebron James. This was Kobe's first championship since Shaq left... does that tell you anything people?? If anything Kobe tagged along for the ride while Shaq completely dominated the playoffs. Shaq is a winner and yes Kobe is now one too but Kobe would never have won any of those championships without Shaq. Shaq in Cleveland brings great playoff experience and toughness to a team that is one small but crucial step away from winning the NBA championship

xHTOWN713x
06-18-2009, 11:41 AM
could you imagine if he did help lebron get a championship. shaq would never live it down that he was the missing piece. that would follow lebron for his entire career. shaq wouldn't let anyone forget he took kobe, d wade, and lebron to the top. if i was lebron i'd think about that for a sec. shaq guaranteed a championship in phoenix....ooops!