PDA

View Full Version : If Lakers add Allen Iverson and Carlos Boozer....

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Allen Iverson is getting older but would be great off the bench. They could get him through MLE or through a miracle trade.
Boozer wants out of Utah and would take a pay cut to come here?

What do you guys think? Is it more likely than Shaq and Sheed because that seems like they aren't getting both...

At least if the Lakers get these two they will definitely get win the championship, while the Cavs have a chance to get worse...

I just want to know what you guys think because it is so possible. It is guys. It is. I've heard this from my cousin who is best friend with Kobe's cousin and brother and sister.

LakersIn5
06-15-2009, 09:29 AM
what part of iverson doesnt want to come off the bench dont you understand? and im pretty sure that boozer doesnt want too

todu82
06-15-2009, 09:35 AM
If the Lakers get those 2 then they'll win the title again next year. Something tells me they won't get either of them.

eso
06-15-2009, 09:38 AM
and then they trade Sasha Luke and morrison for Lebron and trade Bynum for Howard and Peitrus.. its that easy

JIDsanity
06-15-2009, 09:45 AM
They wont get them though

rjvacad
06-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Allen Iverson is getting older but would be great off the bench. They could get him through MLE or through a miracle trade.

What do you guys think? Is it more likely than Shaq and Sheed because that seems like they aren't getting both...

At least if the Lakers get these two they will definitely get win the championship, while the Cavs have a chance to get worse...

I just want to know what you guys think because it is so possible. It is guys. It is. I've heard this from my cousin who is best friend with Kobe's cousin and brother and sister.

I wouldn't take Iverson if he played for free.

clehmun
06-15-2009, 09:51 AM

i don't think kobe has a brother, i could be wrong though.

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
work on keeping ariza and odom, not sure if iverson would help. i dont think boozer is possible

azkarraga
06-15-2009, 10:05 AM
hahaha
these "ifs" just dont make sense

CELTICS4LYFE
06-15-2009, 10:06 AM
hahaha
these "ifs" just dont make sense

i agree

mayb if they get shaq back too lol

_Supreme_
06-15-2009, 10:08 AM
What a delusional thread :pity:

What if Ron Artest, Sheed, Jason Kidd and Carlos Boozer all decide to sign with Orlando for minimum wage? Wouldn't that be so cool for Magic fans?

K.R.
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
No way Boozer is coming. He's all about the Benjamin's. No way he's looking for a pay cut at this point of his career.

favre_4life
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey, and then after they get Boozer, and Iverson, they could trade their 2nd round pick to the spurs for Tim Duncan, and then trade Luke Walton to the Celtics for KG, and then we can trade DJ Mgbenda or whatever his name is, and trade him to the Heat for D-Wade! That works right?
LOL for real though, The Lakers need to sign Ariza and let Odom walk, and get ridiculously overpaid by some other team. They are not going to sign AI, why the **** would they even do that? That would make them worse. And they are not going to sign Boozer either because where would be play? Small Forward? No if anything they will sign a PG.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
ooo and then the lakers could trade sun yue for the #1 pick and draft griffin.

masalex1205
06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
wtf?

torontosports10
06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
You could only use the MLE on one player, since your over the cap.

So in your theory one would sign for the MLE and one for the LLE of 1.2 million.

And both come off the bench.

Very likely.

pebloemer
06-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Aren't the Lakers over the cap with Ariza and Odom to make decisions on?

So Iverson would get the MLE? What money would be available for Boozer? Bi-annual exception may be left after that, but I doubt Boozer signs for 2 million. You say "It is so possible. It is guys. It is." Put some numbers down with the cap rules and show me how.

JordansBulls
06-15-2009, 10:37 AM
This is just plain silly now. You risk destroying your team that just won the title for a bunch of guys who want to be the man somewhere and will cause bad chemistry?

AIsixersFK
06-15-2009, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't take Iverson if he played for free.

:laugh: awww thats mean

_Supreme_
06-15-2009, 11:01 AM
You could only use the MLE on one player, since your over the cap.

So in your theory one would sign for the MLE and one for the LLE of 1.2 million.

And both come off the bench.

Very likely.

The MLE can be split into more pieces to sign several players.

JJ81
06-15-2009, 11:05 AM
If we lose Odom, I'd welcome Booz. As for Iverson - no thanks.

Sly Guy
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM

honestly, you guys won last night. Give it a rest before next season, okay?

futureman
06-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Boozer wants to opt out because he wants a raise. The Jazz can offer him more than the lakers.

EricU812
06-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Do you think Boozer just wants to create more competition to get more cash? I mean its not like the guy would screw a franchise to get more money.

Brooke
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I dont want AI anywhere near the Lakers

Rapt0rs
06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
They're not getting either.

ManRam
06-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Boozer is not going to the Lakers. End of story. He's going to want a ton of money, money the Lakers can't offer.

atlantacavs
06-15-2009, 11:49 AM
would be cool but keep dreaming

b_russ
06-15-2009, 11:50 AM
:jumpy: Great idea! Of course AI will definately come off the bench and I'm certain Boozer will completely change who he is and take a pay cut along with developing himself into a SF, or if he can't do that I'm sure he'd be just fine coming off the bench too! Everyone would die for the chance to play for the Laker so this makes perfect sense!

Reddd
06-15-2009, 01:10 PM
That's not a smart idea, sorry to break the news so publicly

Teeboy1487
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
No way this happen. I just hope we sign ariza, brown, and odom

BALLER71
06-15-2009, 01:34 PM
:laugh:
Don't think A.I or Boozer go to the Lakers...

ivylleague1'
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Iverson will not come off the bench. He is the first pick and the two Laker guards were chosen way behind him and he was the rookie of the year. Iverson can find a better team to win the championship with.
Furthermore, individual star power is very essential in sports, and as an individual player AI is as good as gold and does not need to win a championship to be acclaimed the world's best !!!!!!!!!!

The Blue Baller
06-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Iverson will not come off the bench. He is the first pick and the two Laker guards were chosen way behind him and he was the rookie of the year. Iverson can find a better team to win the championship with.
Furthermore, individual star power is very essential in sports, and as an individual player AI is as good as gold and does not need to win a championship to be acclaimed the world's best !!!!!!!!!!

Damon Stoudamire won ROY in 95-96. Does that mean he should start?
That's history. You don't deserve a starting spot because you won an award over 10 years ago. You have to earn it-- and if you can't, you have to understand your role.

Individual star power is essential in sports, which has clearly been shown in basketball with the Pistons and Spurs this last decade right?

And he definitely needs something more to be acclaimed the world's best-- maybe PRACTICE?! PRACTICE?! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE? SERIOUSLY? PRACTICE?
because I'm pretty sure "Teammate, leader, champion, etc." don't come to mind when people think of AI... I think it's more along the lines of "Selfish, stat-padder, whiny..." And you generally don't associate those descriptions with "The World's Best"

bahama0811
06-15-2009, 02:01 PM
You can have Iverson so he destroys the Lakers like he does with everyone else.

mark1125
06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Boozer will go to Detroit. They have the cash and have made no secret how badly they want him

AI will go wherever he can get a shot at starting. He won't get that in LA.

pf289
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
While at it why not just clone Kobe 4 more times?

mikantsass
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Keep dreaming

ddaughtry
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
We simply need to resign Ariza and Odom. We need to keep this group together.

VCaintdead17
06-15-2009, 02:37 PM
no

leave

blazerman
06-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I hope this isnt the start of a summer full of ridiculous idea's for the Lakers and Cavs because there both way over the salary cap.

The Lakers need to worry about resigning both Ariza and Odom and even if they didnt resign either of them there still above the cap so how do the lakers sign either Boozer or Iverson.

Surely you dont think the Jazz will do a sign and trade with LA.

Personally I hope the Lakers do get Iverson because he sucks anyway.

Quit posting such stupid threads please!

Reyes6
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
What a delusional thread :pity:

What if Ron Artest, Sheed, Jason Kidd and Carlos Boozer all decide to sign with Orlando for minimum wage? Wouldn't that be so cool for Magic fans?

You mean $7.50 an hour? Good deal.

Lakers4ItAll
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
LA wouldn't want AI and Boozer wants to get paid.

Lakers should go after Artest

Reyes6
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Chillllllllllllllllllllllll.. he's ours.

ivylleague1'
06-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Damon Stoudamire won ROY in 95-96. Does that mean he should start?
That's history. You don't deserve a starting spot because you won an award over 10 years ago. You have to earn it-- and if you can't, you have to understand your role.

Individual star power is essential in sports, which has clearly been shown in basketball with the Pistons and Spurs this last decade right?

And he definitely needs something more to be acclaimed the world's best-- maybe PRACTICE?! PRACTICE?! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE? SERIOUSLY? PRACTICE?
because I'm pretty sure "Teammate, leader, champion, etc." don't come to mind when people think of AI... I think it's more along the lines of "Selfish, stat-padder, whiny..." And you generally don't associate those descriptions with "The World's Best"

Rookie of the year is just one accolade, Iverson was 3rd in scoring (with Melo on his side) , top 10 in steals, and top 10 in assists just a year ago and I repeat just 1 year ago. Only Lebron james performed equally. I agree with you that a player should earn their acclammations and he clearly does .

Raps18-19 Champ
06-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Ya I'm pretty sure Boozer wants more money, not take a paycut.

And Iverson off the bench is a joke.

Why not name to reasonable FA instead of naming to random ones and trying to mimic the Cavs thread.

ottograham14
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM

I'm sorry but can you give me the link that says Boozer would take a pay cut to go to LA. If not then I'll just take your word for it cause your cousin knows Kobe's cousin who knows Luke Walton's cousin who knows Derek Fisher's cousin who use to hang with Boozer's second cousin when they played in Utah..........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

But anyways if you do have an inside source then I hope you can believe Boozer as Cleveland fans did in 2004 when he said he was staying with Cleveland...........oh wait he got more money and went somewhere, but yeah I'm sure he will want to take a pay cut. Also how will LA pay for him, is Kobe going to opt out sign for less money and then have LA not re-sign Ariza or Odom.

homestarunner93
06-15-2009, 04:05 PM

How do you suggests this works out financially? If Iverson got the MLE, then what are you going to give Boozer? The BAE is only like 2 million, that's probably 8-10 million less than he wants. Sorry, but there is 0% chance that both of them are on the Lakers next year.

rapswin98
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
:drunk:

chad311k9
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
no way it's possible to get 2 studs on that team. they are already over the salary cap. they'd be lucky to get one aging veteran for MLE.

dsonLAL24
06-15-2009, 04:51 PM
i'll take Boozer in a heartbeat

Missing56&33
06-15-2009, 05:13 PM

I like Booz coming to the Lakers but hes not going to take a pay cut he would be expecting a max deal but AI coming I dont think it would work, I like Ariza to get more touches then you got Kobe and Gasol and AI would feel like a chump again. Get a pg in the draft to replace fisher and sign booz to replace LO. Another championship!

kblo247
06-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Ariza >>>> Iverson at everything we need

Odom >>>> Boozer just look at their last 2 playoff matchups

DCLAFAN
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Im not gonna knock you cuz youre a cowboy fan but were having enough trouble trying to keep Ariza and Odom for next season.

Unown99
06-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Um there is a Salary Cap...

Verbal Christ
06-15-2009, 06:51 PM
duuuuuur and if the rockets add dwight howard to play PF and then sign lebron james we might get to the second round again ... dumb thread. mods should make a dumb tread dumpster where all these ridiculous ideas could go away to die.

mfb_lt1birdman
06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Why is thread still going? It is beyond ridiculous for these guys to come to LA.

Boozer will not come off the bench and wants more than the MLE. Do you suggest we trade Bynum for him? Slide Gasol to full time center duty with Boozer as a more physical presence? Could work but Bynum is more valuable than Boozer.

AI, has too much pride and ego to be a 6th man. If he would accept that role he could be a darn good spark off the bench though for some team.

Unown99
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Delete this Thread!!!

younggunn113
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
The more realistic thing that probably will happen is theyll resign Ariza and Odom and let Farmar walk and then sign a vet for the minimum. The team next year hopefully will look almost identical to the team this year, if we can manage to keep Odom and Ariza

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I can't believe people actually took this seriously. It was a complete joke and attempt to mock the Sheed and Shaq to Cleveland thread.

No one picked up on it when I said I heard it from Kobe's cousin and brother's sister or whatever the heck I wrote. And saying it is so possible. I guess I should have written it on there.

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Ya I'm pretty sure Boozer wants more money, not take a paycut.

And Iverson off the bench is a joke.

Why not name to reasonable FA instead of naming to random ones and trying to mimic the Cavs thread.

You realized it!!! Nice. I just thought that thread was stupid, so I figure I'd follow with another. It got a lot of attention.

The only thing that has a chance of happening is Shaq to Cleveland. I kind of hope it happens because I don't think Cavs will be much better if any. Boston, if healthy, are still the 2nd best in the East behind the Magic. Getting Shaq isn't going to help the Cavs stop the three point shooting of the Magic, it may help stop Dwight a little bit.

superkegger
06-15-2009, 09:41 PM
there is no way this ever happens. ever.

this has about the same chance of happening as shaq being skinny.

dee279
06-15-2009, 09:51 PM
this should be closed because Boozer wants money and he will get it. Lakers might not even get to sign there own free agents.

CardinalRed4eva
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
There's in no way in hell the Lakers are able to sign or trade for either of them.

L.A's Finest
06-15-2009, 10:56 PM
ooo and then the lakers could trade sun yue for the #1 pick and draft griffin.

Hell yeah now your talking i didnt know you were a closet Laker fan, mitch trade sun for blake griffin right now!!!........................................wait a minute are you being sarcastic......................................... ......

L.A's Finest
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM
:jumpy: Great idea! Of course ai will definately come off the bench and i'm certain boozer will completely change who he is and take a pay cut along with developing himself into a sf, or if he can't do that i'm sure he'd be just fine coming off the bench too! everyone would die for the chance to play for the laker so this makes perfect sense!

so true!!!!

juggla53
06-15-2009, 10:59 PM

I also heard that D-wade is planning on comeing to the lakers in the summer of 2010 for the MLE to back up Kobe Bryant. His Father's sisters boyfriends uncle told me that...

ragee
06-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Boozer opt out because he wants to get paid more... Not to get a pay cut... Also do consider that you still need to re-sign Ariza and Odom... Two key players that helped the Lakers win a championship... I think signing big names is out of the Lakers agenda this off season...

NYtilIdie
06-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Hell that'll be the day Sasha gets Reggie Miller's jumpshot

dos132
06-15-2009, 11:20 PM
that's too much bro... and lakers cannot afford to add iverson... his salary is higher than kobe...