PDA

View Full Version : If Cleveland adds Shaq and Sheed...

RaysFan
06-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I think they would be REALLY good and every bit as good as L.A. Cleveland's main weakness was front-court last year, so adding Shaq and Sheed would be a HUGE help. Shaq can still play and Rasheed is a 6-11 PF that is a good defender and someone that can stretch the floor for Shaq and LeBron. Then Cleveland could add a tall/athletic SG/SF to come off the bench.

Imagine Shaq and LeBron surrounded by good shooters like Mo, West, and Sheed.

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Delonte West
SF: LeBron James
PF: Rasheed Wallace
C: Shaquile O'Neal

Bench
-Daniel Gibson
-Anthony Parker (someone like that)
-Anderson Varejao
-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
-Joe Smith

That is a pretty deep team. IMO that is the best roster in the NBA. The only question is whether or not Mike Brown could handle those guys. LeBron is an amazing teammate but Shaq and Sheed have their own personalities. I think Shaq could keep Sheed in check, but you need a strong personality like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Greg Popovich to get everyone on the same page.

GrandDaddyPurp
06-15-2009, 02:04 AM
i don't think that's going to happen

madiaz3
06-15-2009, 02:05 AM
I think they would be REALLY good and every bit as good as L.A. Cleveland's main weakness was front-court last year, so adding Shaq and Sheed would be a HUGE help. Shaq can still play and Rasheed is a 6-11 PF that is a good defender and someone that can stretch the floor for Shaq and LeBron. Then Cleveland could add a tall/athletic SG/SF to come off the bench.

Imagine Shaq and LeBron surrounded by good shooters like Mo, West, and Sheed.

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Delonte West
SF: LeBron James
PF: Rasheed Wallace
C: Shaquile O'Neal

Bench
-Daniel Gibson
-Anthony Parker (someone like that)
-Anderson Varejao
-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
-Joe Smith

That is a pretty deep team. IMO that is the best roster in the NBA. The only question is whether or not Mike Brown could handle those guys. LeBron is an amazing teammate but Shaq and Sheed have their own personalities. I think Shaq could keep Sheed in check, but you need a strong personality like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Greg Popovich to get everyone on the same page.

You can't just add players without any sort of subtraction.

ggg
06-15-2009, 02:06 AM
I love to see Shaq and Lebron play together. drama and everything but with mike brown as coach i think boston still is a better team.

Jahari Kavi
06-15-2009, 02:06 AM
You can't just add players without any sort of subtraction.

wallace and palvovic = subtracted

sheed would get signed with the mle

WhiteyBulger
06-15-2009, 02:27 AM
They still wouldn't get by Boston.

GCOOKIE7
06-15-2009, 02:28 AM
you wouldn't want to talk any **** to that team.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Cavs need a major upgrade at the 2 over Delonte West

FaceDown91
06-15-2009, 02:36 AM
celtics still beats them.

Derick713
06-15-2009, 02:38 AM
The Cavs can't have both Sheed and Varejao. I think the Cavs could look to try and sign Grant Hill or Eddie House to bloster the bench. Iverson is also another interesting option.

If the Cavs make the Shaquille O'Neal Deal happen then it makes sense to deal Big Z for someone Like Stephen Jackson or Jamal Crawford.

Maurice Williams/Daniel Gibson/
Jamal Crawford/Delonte West/
LeBron James/Grant Hill/
Lamar Odom/JJ Hickson/
Shaquille O'Neal/Ronny Turiaf

IDB Josh M
06-15-2009, 02:54 AM
Kobe vs Shaq AND Lebron ... the Stern would be j**zing in his pants if that was the finals.

FOBolous
06-15-2009, 03:00 AM
so who's going to be the leader? They all got egos.

i.got.the.nutz
06-15-2009, 05:27 AM
I still think a healthy Boston team would beat them.

kblo247
06-15-2009, 05:49 AM
If this was fantasy, I would like to see

Kidd
Iverson
Lebron
Sheed
Shaq

-Shaq coming for Wallace and Pavs
-Kidd signing for the MLE
-AI and Sheed in a sign and trade for Mo and Joe as Stuckey isn't ready

That way Lebron gets his help and Mike Brown's coaching would be put to the test

blazerman
06-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Cleveland you just became one of the slowest teams in the league.

Can you imagine Ilgauskas and Shaq on the same team, everytime Orlando plays you guys Howard will have a 40/20 game no joke.

And Rashweed wont take you to another level, he'll just go threw the motions to collect his loot.

And after next season Lebron will split the "retirement home" as fast as he can.
Too many quick fixes can be a disaster, it's better to just try and make one good one instead of a couple of questionable ones that could ultimately cost you your star.

It must suck having a star and knowing he will probably split at the end of the season anyway Lebron,Amare and Bosh.No offense Cav's fans but I would want to know my chances of resigning my main guy so I didnt have to make these ill advised panic moves!

Industry
06-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Lebron won't play with anyone that needs to ball in his hands. He loves his assist stats too much.....

azkarraga
06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Lebron won't play with anyone that needs to ball in his hands. He loves his assist stats too much.....

well, i love his assits stats too

Lakers4ItAll
06-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Keep dreaming theres no way they get both

Eagles_Guy
06-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Shaq and Sheed - not likely.

Unless both of them came at a discount, which I could see Shaq doing to so he can try and stick it to Kobe one last time lol, but not Sheed.

Tom81
06-15-2009, 08:23 AM
i don't think that's going to happen

yeah

prodigy
06-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Cavs need a major upgrade at the 2 over Delonte West

WHAT? sure they can use a better backup. But the only way west gets replaced if if cavs get redd, or a really good player like that.

West has done a great job on offense and defense for us this season. Its not his fault mike brown put him on turk. SG is not are biggest problem.

I think getting shaq and wallace is very likely. Cavs will be old, But if it wins them the ship, then who cares.

prodigy
06-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Shaq and Sheed - not likely.

Unless both of them came at a discount, which I could see Shaq doing to so he can try and stick it to Kobe one last time lol, but not Sheed.

ummm, its called trade for shaq dude. omg wow, shows your knowledge. suns want wallace and sasha for shaq. cavs will do that. sheed wants another ring, So for that i think he will take a discount.

why do people think this is impossible? lol.

JaySmoke
06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Rays Fan are u like obsessed with lebron..
u make about 5 lebron threads a wekk bro :pity:

GiantMetKnick
06-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Sheed and Shaq I think would put them over the hump.

LakersIn5
06-15-2009, 08:54 AM
if that happens then lakers in 6

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 08:56 AM
The Cavs can't have both Sheed and Varejao. I think the Cavs could look to try and sign Grant Hill or Eddie House to bloster the bench. Iverson is also another interesting option.

If the Cavs make the Shaquille O'Neal Deal happen then it makes sense to deal Big Z for someone Like Stephen Jackson or Jamal Crawford.

Maurice Williams/Daniel Gibson/
Jamal Crawford/Delonte West/
LeBron James/Grant Hill/
Lamar Odom/JJ Hickson/
Shaquille O'Neal/Ronny Turiaf

I don't think you could trade Z for Jackson... no way IMO.
For Jamal Crawford... I don't think so.
Shaq is not up for that many minutes. He played 30 last year because Amare was hurt. He is only getting older and worse as a basketball player.

Eagles_Guy
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM
ummm, its called trade for shaq dude. omg wow, shows your knowledge. suns want wallace and sasha for shaq. cavs will do that. sheed wants another ring, So for that i think he will take a discount.

No your the only one who has heard about a possible trade between the Cavs and the Suns.

Just you man.

Thanks for letting the rest of us know.

What would we do without you.

And what is it that makes you think Sheed will come at a discount besides baseless hopes and dreams?

CowboysKB24
06-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Because threads like this happen all the time. There is speculation about Shaq and nothing about Sheed.

Sheed sucks anyway. He is terrible 12pts 7rebs at 41.9% FG. It makes the team worse and he is older.
Shaq went to the Suns... they got terribly worse.
I don't think that squad is going to handle the Celtics.
KG, Pierce, Ray, and Rondo are still a better four than
LeBron, Shaq, Mo, Sheed

Lo Porto
06-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Cleveland is dumb to pursue Shaq. Is an aging center who might give Cleveland a title in 2010 really enough to keep LeBron in a Cavs' uniform for the rest of his career? The expirings of Wallace and Pavlovic should be used to pursue a younger player who can be with LeBron for much longer than a year or two. Cleveland would lose all their good post play in the next two years since Big Z and Shaq are almost done.

azkarraga
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
If Cleveland adds Shaq and Sheed...

will be the slowest team in history

Derick713
06-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I don't think you could trade Z for Jackson... no way IMO.
For Jamal Crawford... I don't think so.
Shaq is not up for that many minutes. He played 30 last year because Amare was hurt. He is only getting older and worse as a basketball player.

I mentioned Big Z because he's got an expiring contract and the Warriors would probably like to dump Crawford and his rather large contract. If the Cavs acquire Shaq then they can deal the expiring contract of Big Z for another wing player like Crawford or Jackson.

Shaquille O'Neal is an upgrade over Big Z. He played more minutes per game than Big Z last season. He averaged more PTS and REBS than Big Z last season. He's a low post presence that can defend Howard and Garnett.

The Cavs have to make a change and there are very few teams that are open to giving LeBron James the missing piece he needs to win a championship. The Bulls and Wizards are looking pretty dangerous with their talent, depth, and youth. The Magic and Celtics are still at the top.

Pharoe18
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
If Shaq goes to Cleveland, he'd be the only player in the NBA to have played with Kobe, Wade and LeBron. I'd love to hear him compare these guys after playing with them all.

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 09:58 AM
If Shaq goes to Cleveland, he'd be the only player in the NBA to have played with Kobe, Wade and LeBron. I'd love to hear him compare these guys after playing with them all.

Dont forget Penny Hardaway, who LeBron mentioned as one of his favorite players growing up...were the Cavs trying to get charlie villanueva as well, I thought I saw something about that...not sure

lakers4sho
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
WHAT? sure they can use a better backup. But the only way west gets replaced if if cavs get redd, or a really good player like that.

West has done a great job on offense and defense for us this season. Its not his fault mike brown put him on turk. SG is not are biggest problem.

I think getting shaq and wallace is very likely. Cavs will be old, But if it wins them the ship, then who cares.

Say bye bye to LeBron.

Spencesc11
06-15-2009, 10:16 AM
This would be huge for Cleveland but I think they need to move Ilgauskus if this happens. Maybe Michael Redd (Milwaukee) this would give them

M. Williams/D. Gibson
M. Redd/D. West
L. James
J. Smith/J. J. Hickson
S. O'Neill/Varejo

good go small with James at the 4 and Redd at the 3 as well.

This group would be tough to cover for anyone. Plus they could play up tempo when Shaq was on the bench.

bostncelts34
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
And how do you expect to take on two big contracts AND sign a sg/sf on the bench? Please explain.

prodigy
06-15-2009, 10:27 AM
No your the only one who has heard about a possible trade between the Cavs and the Suns.

Just you man.

Thanks for letting the rest of us know.

What would we do without you.

And what is it that makes you think Sheed will come at a discount besides baseless hopes and dreams?

1st off, you said shaq would have to take a discount lol. He would get an extra mill if he is traded. So there be no disscount with him.

sheed is 35 years old and is nothing special anymore. cavs will offer him 5.5 mill, So thats not to bad. I think he will take it to win a ship. If the cavs want him.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-15-2009, 10:27 AM
cavs need another scorer. not an old shaq and a rasheed who doesnt even try any more.

michael redd is the perfect fit.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-15-2009, 10:28 AM
1st off, you said shaq would have to take a discount lol. He would get an extra mill if he is traded. So there be no disscount with him.

sheed is 35 years old and is nothing special anymore. cavs will offer him 5.5 mill, So thats not to bad. I think he will take it to win a ship. If the cavs want him.

thats your evaluation of sheed. not his.

prodigy
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM
And how do you expect to take on two big contracts AND sign a sg/sf on the bench? Please explain.

magic.

theres lots of ways. They can resign AV then trade him for a piece or pieces. MLE. Trades. lots of ways.

prodigy
06-15-2009, 10:31 AM
thats your evaluation of sheed. not his.

Well what do you think teams will offer a 35 year old who's passion is in question? 45mil a year? at most it will be 7mill. so taking a 1.5 pay cut to win a ship should be worth it. Plus the cavs can always sign him for 2 years, and pay him more money in the second year.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Well what do you think teams will offer a 35 year old who's passion is in question? 45mil a year? at most it will be 7mill. so taking a 1.5 pay cut to win a ship should be worth it. Plus the cavs can always sign him for 2 years, and pay him more money in the second year.

again thats what u think of him. ill bet anything Rasheed believes he is still a top player. im not saying thats what your FO thinks of him. these guys go for the largest pay day they can get.

Eagles_Guy
06-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Your looking at this through Cleveland Cavs Fan eyes, when you should be looking at through Rasheed Wallace eyes is what he is trying to say to you.

You don't think Sheed has heard all the hubbub about Lebron to New York in 2010 etc. If Lebron is leaving in a year then what's the point? Shaq is 37, this might be his last go around, so then that leaves Sheed with what? A ****** contract on a mediocre team?

Sheed gonna get paid, thats the Rasheed Wallace eyes, and that's reality.

colinskik
06-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Great move for the Cavs ... Lebron would be stifled by the snail's pace of the team and would would jet for NY. Let's get the ball rolling on this one.

masalex1205
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
so who's going to be the leader? They all got egos.

c'mon man

lakers4sho
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Didn't Rasheed Wallace say he's gonna retire if he doesn't get how much he wants??

rrude
06-15-2009, 02:23 PM
not convinced Mike Brown could handle Shaq and/or Sheed.

stevefrancis
06-15-2009, 02:58 PM
wouldn't shaq slow down lebron because he wants the ball so much downlow? they should get boozer or rasheed because they can hit a 15 footer.

ottograham14
06-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Cleveland is dumb to pursue Shaq. Is an aging center who might give Cleveland a title in 2010 really enough to keep LeBron in a Cavs' uniform for the rest of his career? The expirings of Wallace and Pavlovic should be used to pursue a younger player who can be with LeBron for much longer than a year or two. Cleveland would lose all their good post play in the next two years since Big Z and Shaq are almost done.

Shaq's contract is up next year. That is 20 million coming off the books. If the Cavs can pull a trade for him and just give up Big Ben who is about to retire and Pavs who is nother more right now than a bench guy then it would be dumb for them not to pull the trade off. Come 2010 the huge summer of all what if's then Cleveland will have a lot of money that they could put into free agency as Shaq and Z would both come off the books. I don't have a problem with getting Shaq, just dont know about SHeed though.

The only problem I see with this is what the line-up would be. You would have to split time with both Shaq and Z as both of them could never be on the floor at the same time.

ottograham14
06-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Great move for the Cavs ... Lebron would be stifled by the snail's pace of the team and would would jet for NY. Let's get the ball rolling on this one.

I love Knick fans. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Everybody just needs to calm down first off. If any of you actually looked into these rumors then it says that the Cavs front office has about 15 to 20 different ways that they are looking to go with the current roster and players that will be available. Some reports have them going after Villenuava, Boozer, guys like Grant Hill and even maybe moving up in the draft to get a player. The only thing that the Shaq news shows is that the team will be very active this off-season. Dan Gilbert the owner already said that he is not going to sit back like other teams this off-season so that he doesn't have to pay a luxury tax. So everyone just needs to calm down, there are going to be many different rumors from now up until draft day, then the regular season then the trade deadline..........thats sports, rumors.

artest_kobe
06-15-2009, 03:24 PM
they still wouldn't beat the magic

prodigy
06-16-2009, 07:09 PM
again thats what u think of him. ill bet anything Rasheed believes he is still a top player. im not saying thats what your FO thinks of him. these guys go for the largest pay day they can get.

duh!!! jiri welch thinks he is a good player. Who is that? my point. Do you think any other team thinks sheed is worth 10mill? ummmm na.