PDA

View Full Version : If the Lakers win the championship...

Vinny642
06-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Do you think they were best team?
I think if they faced the Cavs or the Celtics they would've had more trouble. And they didnt dominate the Magic....
So do you they were the best team?

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Actually, Orlando gave us the biggest problems. But that was with a healthy Nelson. The Magic did beat both the teams you referenced. So you have to give the Lakers credit for beating the team that beat the teams. When the Lakes want it, they showed they are the best team in the NBA. In the regular season as well as in these playoffs.

madiaz3
06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
They would have beaten the Cavs in 5 or 6 at the most.
Same with the Celtics.

Celtics with KG would go a minimum of 6, but I still think the Lakers take it, then again it all depends on if you factor KG never having gotten hurt, him returning in round one, round two, still having Powe, etc injured. One scenerio makes KG better, the other gives Big Baby valuable experience he never would have gotten...Too many variables, but I say Celtics with KG at any capacity had the best shot at beating this year*. But that doesn't mean they would have.

*If the Lakers win this game.

FOBolous
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
obviously cause they won the championship

Vinny642
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
obviously cause they won the championship

Its not that obvious thats my point, if the Celtics were healthy could you say Magic would've beat them?

Chronz
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Cavs wouldnt have choked like the Magic have defensively and at the line. Their star player wouldnt have been reduced to what Dwight has been reduced to. I hate seeing lucky teams make the Finals. Seriously, no team sustains the shooting marks the Magic displayed against the C's and Cavs. I knew they wouldnt shoot that well against LA but I had hoped their defense would make it interesting. This finals has been a huge disappointment, Id rather watch the Nets take on the Spurs. That said the Lakers wouldve won against either team, too much frontcourt talent against both.

Celtics would lost in 5 without KG, in 7 with him.

madiaz3
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Its not that obvious thats my point, if the Celtics were healthy could you say Magic would've beat them?

You could play this game all day with a ton of teams...

Healthy Ginobili

Healthy T-Mac and Yao, and even Mutumbo for the playoffs, (Sorry, just unrealistic.)

ETC

ETC

You can what-if almost every championship season, but what happened happened, and unless a team went up like 3-0 in the finals and lost a superstar (TD or Lebron importance) and choked the series away, the team that won the championship will always be the best for that year.

Vinny642
06-14-2009, 10:10 PM
You could play this game all day with a ton of teams...

Healthy Ginobili

Healthy T-Mac and Yao, and even Mutumbo for the playoffs, (Sorry, just unrealistic.)

ETC

ETC

You can what-if almost every championship season, but what happened happened, and unless a team went up like 3-0 in the finals and lost a superstar (TD or Lebron importance) and choked the series away, the team that won the championship will always be the best for that year.

Im not saying the Lakers aren't im saying are they really the BEST team?

AllTheWay
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Yes, they are the best.

bomber0104
06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Im not saying the Lakers aren't im saying are they really the BEST team?

The championship is the best way to judge the best team and the lakers are almost there

superkegger
06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Injuries are a part of the game. It's how you overcome adversity that makes the difference.

Rapt0rs
06-14-2009, 10:18 PM
No, they are not.I think if they faced the Cavs or a healthy Celtics, they would be in trouble.

dbroncos78087
06-14-2009, 10:19 PM
How can one argue that a team that wins the championship wasnt the best?

Vinny642
06-14-2009, 10:21 PM
The championship is the best way to judge the best team and the lakers are almost there

Thats easy for you to say, I think Cleveland would've given you the most trouble. Maybe the Celtics, yes the Magic gave you something but shots didnt fall in. But I don't think the Lakers couldn't of guarded Pierce Lebron or KG, as easy as they guarded the Magic players.

x_notorious
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Winning the Larry O'Brien trophy means you're the best. No if's, and's or but's.

superkegger
06-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Thats easy for you to say, I think Cleveland would've given you the most trouble. Maybe the Celtics, yes the Magic gave you something but shots didnt fall in. But I don't think the Lakers couldn't of guarded Pierce Lebron or KG, as easy as they guarded the Magic players.

Maybe they would have, but they weren't good enough to get there. So it's a moot point.

gauth25
06-14-2009, 10:27 PM

How do you figure? Who the hell would've guarded Odom or Gasol on the Cavs? You are talking about the Lakers having trouble with the Cavs meaning there beating the team that manhandled the Cavs. Not smart really. The Lakers are by far the best team in the NBA. They have games where they don't play defense and yet they still win the series. That clearly means something.

You can talk about injuries all you want but no one was going to stop the Lakers this year.

Vinny642
Maybe they would have, but they weren't good enough to get there. So it's a moot point.

Moot?
But w/e, thats why i made the thread to see if other people(not lakers fans) think that the Lakers were the Best team.

Korman12
Yes

Vinny642
06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
How do you figure? Who the hell would've guarded Odom or Gasol on the Cavs? You are talking about the Lakers having trouble with the Cavs meaning there beating the team that manhandled the Cavs. Not smart really. The Lakers are by far the best team in the NBA. They have games where they don't play defense and yet they still win the series. That clearly means something.

You can talk about injuries all you want but no one was going to stop the Lakers this year.

I dont think they are. Your talking about the Cavs getting manhandled during the regular season by the Lakers, but the Magic manhandled the Lakers during the reg. season. So the regular season matchups dont mean sh**.

gauth25
06-14-2009, 10:33 PM
I dont think they are. Your talking about the Cavs getting manhandled during the regular season by the Lakers, but the Magic manhandled the Lakers during the reg. season. So the regular season matchups dont mean sh**.

You clearly can't read. The Lakers just beat the team that just manhandled the Cavs.

Lakersfan2483
06-14-2009, 10:43 PM
When you win the title, you are the best!!!

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Do you think they were best team?
I think if they faced the Cavs or the Celtics they would've had more trouble. And they didnt dominate the Magic....
So do you they were the best team?

It doesn't matter, they are the Champs.

Celtics didn't make it... don't talk about injuries (Lakers didn't have Bynum or Ariza last year)
Cavs lost to the team the Lakers just beat 4-1.

Stop trying to cause drama... give credit. Lakers are the best team.

Rapt0rs
06-14-2009, 10:51 PM
No suprise it's Kobe...

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Lakers are the best they won and people are still trying to argue that they aren't the best.

SHUT UP!!!

Los Angeles Lakers are the champions. Kobe has 4-rings. He can do it without Shaq. No more bull ****!!! LA BABY!!!

ManRam
06-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Can we close this thread. It's obvious who the best team in the league was.

RapOZo
06-14-2009, 11:00 PM
wow, i cant believe people are already trying to unappreciate the win,
this guy is already mentioning ifs about cavs and celtics
wow
hate is in the air no matter what