PDA

View Full Version : Players on the down, players on the up

MELOMAN15
06-14-2009, 08:17 PM
We all know the rookies are on the way up, but are there any other players you think are on the rise? Rasheed Wallace or Trace M. are players people believe are on the way down. Mention some players OR teams that you feel are in a bad way, or in a good way. You choose:

Chronz
06-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Not all rookies are on the way up

Rapt0rs
06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Ben Gordan is on his way up, no ?

x_notorious
06-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Up: Rajon Rondo
Down: Steve Nash

Duncan = Donkey
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Down: Steve Nash

this shows me you havnt watched the suns much this year. i know you are just looking at his numbers. But the reality is Nash hasnt slowed down at all,
his numbers are down becasue of porter's system, when the suns went back to runnin with gentry, his numbers went back to normal steve nash.
Im fairly confident in saying nash will average 17 and 11 next year.

anyway
UP - JJ Reddick( if he gets playing time, his improving alot)
DOWN - T MAc

ManRam
06-14-2009, 11:26 PM
UP: Sessions, Anthony Randolph, JR Smith
DOWN: Ray Allen

NYMetros
06-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Up: Brandon Roy
Down: Iverson

dikimbemutumbo
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Up: Tyrus Thomas, he has all the athleticism in the world, and he gained an amazing work ethic last off season. Mark my words, kid is gna be good. I hope the bulls dont trade him...

Beno7500
06-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Up: Hawes
Down: Carter

i.got.the.nutz
06-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Up: Granger, Durant, Roy, Rose

Down: Tmac, AI, Vince Carter

J-Relo
06-15-2009, 05:49 AM
UP: young and potential players

DOWN: older players...

name them if you want

Manos
06-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Carter down? He shot .438 (.385 3pt) 21ppg 5 rpg 5apg while his PER increased over the previous season. Besides being a year older I don't know why he'd be considered 'down'.

LakersIn5
06-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Up: Tyrus Thomas, he has all the athleticism in the world, and he gained an amazing work ethic last off season. Mark my words, kid is gna be good. I hope the bulls dont trade him...

its funny that every offseason people say that tyrus thomas is gonna be real good in the upcoming season but we all know what happened haha

Mc Uncle Cola
06-15-2009, 09:01 AM
UP- Harris, Granger, Brook Lopez
DOWN- AI, Baron Davis, Jermain O'neil, NY KNICKS

Mc Uncle Cola
06-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Carter down? He shot .438 (.385 3pt) 21ppg 5 rpg 5apg while his PER increased over the previous season. Besides being a year older I don't know why he'd be considered 'down'.

YEAHHH I AGREE

S-Dot
06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Up: Granger, Durant, Roy, Rose

Down: Tmac, AI, Vince Carter

Agree except AI can only go up from where he's at...he reached rock bottom this past season. Also, Jarry Bayless will rise if Portland lets him play

tland22
06-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Contrary to what people may say or believe.....T-MAC is on his way UP.... Yes, I said it, UP. Historically player play extremely well in a big contract year...and this upcomming season is TMAC's. Not only that but he will FINALLY be healthy, having the surgery he was ment to have a LONG while ago. Take this to the bank fellas: TMAC will be a BEAST next year.

and Im a Hornets fan so I am going to say that David West is on the way up.....and Peja is on his way downnnnnnnnnnn.

Aaron Brooks on his way UP

avsman05
06-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Knee and shoulder surgeries are expected to cause Tracy McGrady to miss the first month of the 2009-10 NBA season, according to the New York Post.

McGrady has been quoted in the past about being ready for the preseason, but it's still unclear if that's a realistic goal or not. Either way, fantasy owners have to be careful not to overpay for McGrady this fall, as his name has clearly become larger than his game.

He's going to miss the first month and he will have to get use to playing again another 2-4 weeks. So i think people say down are correct.

tland22
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
okay, we will see.

In a recent interview with Jim Rome, on his radio show, TMAC said that he admitted that he lost the passion for little bit when he was in houston. He appologized to houston fans and then said he is so happy because he has that passion back and that it was burning. So he will come ready to play. He will miss the first month but will be ready to play.

YOU can speculate all you want. I just want those who didnt know to know that they heard it here FIRST that TMAC will be a BEAST next year...now, BELIEVE THAT

avsman05
06-18-2009, 01:04 AM
okay, we will see.

In a recent interview with Jim Rome, on his radio show, TMAC said that he admitted that he lost the passion for little bit when he was in houston. He appologized to houston fans and then said he is so happy because he has that passion back and that it was burning. So he will come ready to play. He will miss the first month but will be ready to play.

YOU can speculate all you want. I just want those who didnt know to know that they heard it here FIRST that TMAC will be a BEAST next year...now, BELIEVE THAT

I hope your right, I've always really liked TMAC and believe he can still do it. Just reality from the past few years states other wise.

cmellofan15
06-18-2009, 01:40 AM
UP: Nuggets, Magic, Cavs, Sixers, Bulls, Hawks, Blazers

DOWN: Pistons, Mavericks (slowly but surely), Suns (slowly and is avoidable), Wizards

VCaintdead17
06-18-2009, 01:48 AM
UP: Danny Granger

Down:Everyone Else

:D

limebalz05
06-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Up: LaMarcus Aldridge
Down: Josh Smith

Smith obviously doesnt understand how to raise his game to the next level. He got the 11 million per season contract and has all the talent in the world. Being a home town kid in ATL doesnt help either!

LMA is going to explode this season! Has range simular to Rasheed Wallace and has the ability to dribble penetrate. If he can add some muscle to his frame this offseason, he will be a force in the post on offense and defense!

Gambeezy
06-18-2009, 01:52 AM
DOWN- AI, Baron Davis, Jermain O'neil, NY KNICKS

Agreed. Not sure about JO though. This is the last year on his contract and apparently he is working with Grover and having the off-season of his life so he can come back and produce in hopes to land a decent contract once we let his sorry *** expire.

DopieB
06-18-2009, 02:18 AM
UP-Rose,Mayo Roy and LMA
Down- Pierce(don't ask, just think he will) Arenas, and Ben Gordon(depending on where he goes)

Bulls_fan90
06-18-2009, 02:28 AM
UP - Rose, Beasley, Gay, Noah

Down - Shaq, Sheed, Dirk

IndiansFan337
06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
DOWN- AI, Baron Davis, Jermain O'neil

I like this list.

Add JR Smith to the up list. Karl has already said that he will likely be the starting SG next season. He should put up around 18 ppg if he starts all year.

JayW_1023
06-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Up: Rudy Fernandez
Down: Manu Ginobili

Manu is my favorite player in the league. Rudy Fernandez may be worthy as a successor as the NBA's crafty, deceptively athletic latino SG.

dre1990
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Down: T-mac

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 10:37 AM
We all know the rookies are on the way up, but are there any other players you think are on the rise? Rasheed Wallace or Trace M. are players people believe are on the way down. Mention some players OR teams that you feel are in a bad way, or in a good way. You choose:

Players on the up:

Roy, Melo, Granger, Rose, Rondo to name a few

Players on the down: Mcgrady, Carter, Kidd, Iverson

Also any player that has been top 3 in the league for consecutive years that isn't anymore is on the down.

mikantsass
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Up:
D Harris
B Roy
D Granger
R Sessions
DJ Augustine
K Durant
K Perkins (defensively)

Down:
R Wallace
J Kidd
A Iverson (such a shame)
S Oneal
J Oneal
T MAc

Reddd
06-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Up:Al Jefferson, Granger
Down:AI

raptorsfan4ever
06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
UP: Anthony Randolph, Jefferson, Bargnani, Durante, Westbrook, Granger

Down: Kidd, AI, J. O'Neal, T-mac, Carter

jrosborn
06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Rising Stars:

1) Courtney Lee - We all saw how hot he can get when he starts making shots. He isn't afraid to get up and throw it down and his jumper is coming into his own.

2) Glen Davis - I didn't think it was possible to be as big a ***** as Davis is and be good in the NBA but he has accomplished it. He stepped up tremendously in the playoffs and had good numbers. He just needs to grow some balls and start playing like a real man and he will be a force to be reckoned with.

3) Rodney Stuckey - big, tough PG that isn't afraid to pull up from behind the arc or drive and step back.

4) Aaron Brooks - starting to see his unlimited 3-point shooting ability and tenacity to get to the bucket.

Player on the downfall:

1) Allen Iverson - Career low in PPG and one of his worst FG% of his career. He only played a little less then 2/3 of the season due to injury. AI's prime was from 2000-2007. He's confident enough in his game anymore to hang with PG's like Devin Harris, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams.

jrosborn
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Up:
D Harris
B Roy
D Granger
R Sessions
DJ Augustine
K Durant
K Perkins (defensively)

Down:
R Wallace
J Kidd
A Iverson (such a shame)
S Oneal
J Oneal
T MAc

How could you say Shaq is on the downfall. Look at his numbers, they are incredible for someone about to turn 40! He played 75 games, averaged 17 PPG, and had one of his highest FG% in his career. Also his FT% was its highest since 02-03 season. AND he had over 11 boards a game, most since 03-04 season. Shaq is getting a second win because he knows he is coming to Cleveland and win a championship with LBJ!

mikantsass
06-18-2009, 11:21 AM
How could you say Shaq is on the downfall. Look at his numbers, they are incredible for someone about to turn 40! He played 75 games, averaged 17 PPG, and had one of his highest FG% in his career. Also his FT% was its highest since 02-03 season. AND he had over 11 boards a game, most since 03-04 season. Shaq is getting a second win because he knows he is coming to Cleveland and win a championship with LBJ!

I agree that Shaq definately had a good season last year. But he is old and compared to his other seasons in the league he is falling off. He is definately on the back 9 of his career. I think he only has 2-3 years left in him. (Hense he is on his way down) But he is still a solid player for what he is.

BTW, he is not going to Cleveland. Shaq will not play anywhere it snows half the year.

Seventh King
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Up, Rose and Salmons
Down, Ben Wallace and Larry Hughes

Gnac76
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
UP: AI (newer one-iggy)
DOWN: AI (original-iverson)