PDA

View Full Version : Report: Suns, Cavs talking Shaq again

phlp_bj
06-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Talk between the Phoenix Suns and Cleveland Cavaliers of a trade that would have Shaquille O'Neal playing with LeBron James next season is "heating up again," according to a report in The Arizona Republic.

The trade rumor involving O'Neal, Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic may sound practical for Phoenix and dynamic for Cleveland and has been confirmed to ESPN.com by a team executive, but another source close to the situation said "there's nothing going on" between the two teams.

O'Neal, 37, will make $20 million next season in the final year of his current deal, while Wallace will make $14 million in the last year of his contract and Pavlovic $4.9 million with only $1.5 million guaranteed.

The salary swap is close enough to make the trade work under the salary-cap guidelines, and the Suns would save $5.5 million in the transaction -- $4.5 million in salary and the matching $1 million in luxury-tax payment.

They could save even more money if Wallace takes a buyout, a possibility that was raised when Wallace said he was considering retirement after the Cavs' Eastern Conference finals loss to the Orlando Magic.

If the Suns acquired him and bought out his contract for less than face value, they could lower their actual expenditures, although the full amount would still count toward their luxury-tax total.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4257421

JordansBulls
06-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I would like to see Shaq go to Cleveland

Reddd
06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Cavs could use him against Superman. Wallace is waay passed his prime and Z, well is Z:D.
But didn't Shaq not liked the idea of being traded?

icon1914
06-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Shaq would help, but if I were the Cavs I'd see what I could acquire in free agency first.

If Wallace retired the Cavs could have some breathing room to sign a legitimate FA... I know the pickings are slim, but they are some solid ones.

Trading for Shaq would only be a band aid right now. They need more.

Maybe if they get Shaq and bring in Kidd at the MLE they could make something happen... But they need to be focused on making Dynasty that will be able to compete for the title for years and years to come, not getting old players that can contribute now, but are actually on their last legs.

Jacob K.
06-14-2009, 10:24 AM
i think it would be an excellent trade for the cavs, and i guess if the suns are wanting to cut costs.
really though what does clevland lose in this trade? nothing.

xabial
06-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Could be the missing piece...

randomness
06-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Shaq would help a lot.. but wouldn't Big Z have to be involved? I mean, I'm pretty sure he'll take his 10m player option this off-season.. so maybe something like this would work?

Ilgauskas, Wallace and a pick for Shaq and Barbosa?

Reddd
06-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Shaq would help a lot.. but wouldn't Big Z have to be involved? I mean, I'm pretty sure he'll take his 10m player option this off-season.. so maybe something like this would work?

Ilgauskas, Wallace and a pick for Shaq and Barbosa?

Barbosa IMO is too good to be given away for that.

Iron24th
06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Could be the missing piece...

Could be a cancer if things don't go well.

nycericanguy
06-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Shaq would help, but if I were the Cavs I'd see what I could acquire in free agency first.

If Wallace retired the Cavs could have some breathing room to sign a legitimate FA... I know the pickings are slim, but they are some solid ones.

Trading for Shaq would only be a band aid right now. They need more.

Maybe if they get Shaq and bring in Kidd at the MLE they could make something happen... But they need to be focused on making Dynasty that will be able to compete for the title for years and years to come, not getting old players that can contribute now, but are actually on their last legs.

agreed, im surprised Ferry hasnt been able to find a legit sidekick for Lebron. I mean its been 6-7 years and Lebron has yet to have a 2nd star on that team. MO williams sadly is as close as they have come, and i never thought too much of him. He is a good scorer, like a Nate or Barbosa type, but definitely not a star. All he did was talk in the playoffs.

Shaq would be a 1 year deal, again i think Lebron might be getting frustrated with the revolving door of aging players coming in. Its hard to build a team identity that way or a dynasty.

If u really take a look at this cavs team they dont have much outside of lebron. Varejo has no business starting, and a backcourt of West and MO is simply too small and is not going to get it done. West should be starting and MO should be 6th man off the bench for a scoring punch. Z doesnt have much left, and the rest of that team are merely role players.

ManRam
06-14-2009, 11:03 AM
The sole reason we beat Cleveland: Illgauskas and Co. inability to guard Howard.

If the Cavs don't do this trade, LeBron HAS to leave.

Washed up or not, Shaq is by far better than any big man they have, and he can put a body on Howard. I think they beat Orlando if they have Shaq.

Corey
06-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Would be a good move for Cleveland.

Not only would it help make them a stronger team for next season, it would prove that they really are trying to make big moves to help Lebron win.

That's the most valuable part.

NYtilIdie
06-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Could be great for the Cavs.

If Shaq could demand double teams which is most likely to happen, then that would get open 3's for West, Mo, and Lebron

Ironman5219
06-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I thought Shaq wanted to go LA for his fianl years?

NotVeryOriginal
06-14-2009, 12:22 PM

We dont want him

Reddd
06-14-2009, 12:25 PM

Where did you hear that?

Wilson
06-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Apart from being a guy to put on Dwight Howard, I can't see how Shaq helps Cleveland that much. Shaq proved that he can still play, but he's not going to give you more than a year or two. Besides that, the Lakers are currently proving that you don't exactly need a huge guy to defend Dwight.

The Cavs need to look into getting younger, Shaq will only be a minor, short term improvement.

Wilson
06-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Where did you hear that?

He alludded to it in an interview earlier in the year, although he's not come out and actually said "I want to go back to LA". It doesn't really matter though, there's no reason for the Lakers to go after him.

Raoul Duke
06-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, Cleveland has to do something. Even if they can buy Wallace out for significantly less than what he is owed(unlikely that he'd walk away from 14+ million no matter what he says), I think they're still either into the luxury tax or right up against it.

What do they really have in terms of trade assets aside from Lebron? This would be about the best deal they can make.

RaysFan
06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
agreed, im surprised Ferry hasnt been able to find a legit sidekick for Lebron. I mean its been 6-7 years and Lebron has yet to have a 2nd star on that team. MO williams sadly is as close as they have come, and i never thought too much of him. He is a good scorer, like a Nate or Barbosa type, but definitely not a star. All he did was talk in the playoffs.

Shaq would be a 1 year deal, again i think Lebron might be getting frustrated with the revolving door of aging players coming in. Its hard to build a team identity that way or a dynasty.

If u really take a look at this cavs team they dont have much outside of lebron. Varejo has no business starting, and a backcourt of West and MO is simply too small and is not going to get it done. West should be starting and MO should be 6th man off the bench for a scoring punch. Z doesnt have much left, and the rest of that team are merely role players.

It actually isn't surprising for a few reasons...

1. Cleveland DID have their sidekick for LeBron. His name was Carlos Boozer. But Gordon Gund got duped and John Paxon (Cleveland's GM back then) didn't do enough to stop it. Plus the NBA didn't have the full Bird's rights back then so Cleveland couldn't match Utah's offer. The League quickly changed that rule a year or 2 after the Boozer incident.

2. LeBron was so good that he took Cleveland from being the worst team in the league to competing for a playoff spot. That really isn't a good thing for the long-run because you miss out on a chance to add 1 more good prospect through the draft.

3. Cleveland's best draft position since James was 10th. The man they wanted to take was drafted 9th, one spot ahead of where Cleveland was picking. That man was Andre Iguodala. Cleveland ended up with Luke Jackson, who was a complete bust.

4. When Cleveland finally had cap-space it was a REALLY down year for it. They went hard after Michael Redd, but Redd stayed with the Bucks. They went after Ray Allen but he stayed with Seattle. The next best option was Larry Hughes, who was coming off of a fantastic season, but he was a COMPLETE bust for Cleveland.

championships
06-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Would the Suns still do this if Ben Wallace decides to retire?

NYtilIdie
06-14-2009, 12:50 PM
The problem with Shaq is he doesn't play well in back to back games he needs a days rest cause if not then he becomes useless.

GCOOKIE7
06-14-2009, 01:12 PM
The problem with Shaq is he doesn't play well in back to back games he needs a days rest cause if not then he becomes useless.

LeBron will get them to the playoffs.

There's no back to backs in the playoffs

prodigy
06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
But didn't Shaq not liked the idea of being traded?

shaq said before that he would like playing with lebron.

If it only takes wallace and sasha to get a big difference maker, then its a no brainer, you do it.

LakersnDodgers
06-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Good we don't want him in his final seasons gravy-trainning a championship in L.A! I wanna see Kobe with 5 or 6 rings when its said and done.I want him to have more than the fat diesel.Shaq was a big reason for the split up in 04.He was older and supposed to be more mature than the young outta control Bryant.I blame him also for calling out Jerry Buss during preseason during a game saying "GIVE ME AN EXTENSION"!! Please trade him to the Cavs so the Lakers (who will be even better next year with a 100% healthy Bynum) can beat them in the Finals and Kobe can tell Shaq: "tell me how my azzz tastes"

HOZ THE KNICK
06-14-2009, 02:04 PM
cleveland has to get this done.

KmB728
06-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I would not like to see Shaq in Cleveland..

ARMIN12NBA
06-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Clog Lebron's paint...Good job Cleveland.

ko8e24
06-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Could be a cancer if things don't go well.

Stopped being an idiot! Maybe slap yourself for a while and then come back to post your comments, stop using "cancer" for everything derogatory in team chemistry!:mad:

Anyways, back to the issue, I can sense Cavs trading for Shaq, signing Jason Kidd, and perhaps going after a shooter in Mike Miller.

AI4MVP
06-14-2009, 03:07 PM
watch. this is gunna mess the cavs up. shaq is gunna clogg the lane and lebron wot be able to opporate and score like he used to.

nycericanguy
06-14-2009, 03:11 PM
It actually isn't surprising for a few reasons...

1. Cleveland DID have their sidekick for LeBron. His name was Carlos Boozer. But Gordon Gund got duped and John Paxon (Cleveland's GM back then) didn't do enough to stop it. Plus the NBA didn't have the full Bird's rights back then so Cleveland couldn't match Utah's offer. The League quickly changed that rule a year or 2 after the Boozer incident.

2. LeBron was so good that he took Cleveland from being the worst team in the league to competing for a playoff spot. That really isn't a good thing for the long-run because you miss out on a chance to add 1 more good prospect through the draft.

3. Cleveland's best draft position since James was 10th. The man they wanted to take was drafted 9th, one spot ahead of where Cleveland was picking. That man was Andre Iguodala. Cleveland ended up with Luke Jackson, who was a complete bust.

4. When Cleveland finally had cap-space it was a REALLY down year for it. They went hard after Michael Redd, but Redd stayed with the Bucks. They went after Ray Allen but he stayed with Seattle. The next best option was Larry Hughes, who was coming off of a fantastic season, but he was a COMPLETE bust for Cleveland.

7 years is a long time, u'd figure he could have found SOMETHING via trade or FA or draft... i think largely the problem is the inability for the Cavs to attract FA's. Even Larry Hughes they had to overpay hugely for him to come to the Cavs.

IversonIsKrazy
06-14-2009, 03:32 PM
why not Ben Wallace for Tyson Chandler.
Hornets save money if Ben opts-out, and Cleveland get an excellent inside defender.
Then sign Carlos Boozer.
Draft DIone Chirstmas.
Re-sign Varejo

PG: Mo/Boobie
SG: D-West/Christmas
SF: LeBron/Poplovic
PF: Boozer/Varejo
C: Chandler/BigZ

ko8e24
06-14-2009, 03:46 PM
why not Ben Wallace for Tyson Chandler.
Hornets save money if Ben opts-out, and Cleveland get an excellent inside defender.
Then sign Carlos Boozer.
Draft DIone Chirstmas.
Re-sign Varejo

PG: Mo/Boobie
SG: D-West/Christmas
SF: LeBron/Poplovic
PF: Boozer/Varejo
C: Chandler/BigZ

I feel Boozer is Heat Bound

ematz1423
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I think cleveland should trade for shaq then offer Rasheed the MLE and hope he accepts because with those two and Z off the bench they have a versatille front court. I know Rasheed and Shaq arent what they used to be but I think that could get the Cavs over the hump.

Lizard King
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I want to see Shaq get another ring, so why not?

Ni55anpat
06-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I just wanna see shaq vs. Perkins (that big *****)

superkegger
06-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Don't really think it would be the missing piece for Cleveland. It would just clog up the lane for LeBron, forcing him (lebron) to take more jumpers because of defenses being more able to set up, because shaq doesn't wander to far from the basket. Just don't think it would work out all that well.

AirJesus26
06-14-2009, 04:12 PM
The Cavs should also try and get J. Richardson..

PG. Mo Williams
SG. Jason Richardson
SF. LeBron James
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Shaquille O'Neal

nycericanguy
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
I feel Boozer is Heat Bound

come on now, do u REALLY think boozer is coming back to cleveland?

meant to quote the other guy sorry...lol

Living Legend
06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
This would make the Cavs the favorites to win it all

AirJesus26
06-14-2009, 04:24 PM
This would make the Cavs the favorites to win it all

No. Not yet. They still need to add more pieces.

ASUshocker
06-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I would love for the suns to get rid of shaq although they should try and get hickson or gibson from the cavs and a draft pick

FaceDown91
06-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't Shaq just clog the paint and causing lebron to take much more jumpshots? If that's the case then i think shaq to Cleveland would be a terrible idea for the cavs offense.

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
The best thing about this trade is LeBron will be happier. Right now, if the Cavs don't get help I see LeBron leaving.

Shaq will help the team out, but I don't think it would automatically give them the edge next season. Shaq is older and is only getting older. He is good for 25 minutes a game and would be better coming off the bench.

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
If this trade goes down I really hope there is no more complaining about LeBron's help.
66 wins
MVP
and people are still complaining.
The help didn't show up in the playoffs... because of immaturity and not enough experience. The team was not together long enough. Creating photo shoot scenes before games, I'm sure, will come to a stop next season. The team is still very very good IMO.

I don't see them being the better than the Celtics next season even with Shaq. It'll be very close though.

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I would love for the suns to get rid of shaq although they should try and get hickson or gibson from the cavs and a draft pick

The reason they are trading Shaq is because they are on the rebuild stage. They want to get rid of Shaq so they can stop paying him so much cash. They save roughly 10 million by trading him to Cavs for Ben and Paplovic. The only reason they are trading him is for finance purposes. I don't think the Suns believe they are getting better by acquiring Ben W and Sasha.

CowboysKB24
06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I want to see Shaq get another ring, so why not?

I guess you don't want to see the Bulls get another ring.

You probably thought he was going to bring the Suns to championship as well, but the only thing he did to the Suns was make them worse. I am unsure of this trade, really. Maybe the Cavs are making a mistake. They are getting Shaq just to stop Dwight Howard when he probably can't do it anymore.

ko8e24
06-14-2009, 05:28 PM
If this trade goes down I really hope there is no more complaining about LeBron's help.
66 wins
MVP
and people are still complaining.
The help didn't show up in the playoffs... because of immaturity and not enough experience. The team was not together long enough. Creating photo shoot scenes before games, I'm sure, will come to a stop next season. The team is still very very good IMO.

I don't see them being the better than the Celtics next season even with Shaq. It'll be very close though.

:nod:

BTownTeamsRKing
06-14-2009, 05:45 PM
they still wont win anything. big Z fits Lebron much better. now shaq is just going to clo gthe lane

tr4shb0t
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Lebron can be Shaq's Wade and shoot a million freethrows for a ring.

Lakersfan2483
06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Shaq is going to be 38 next year, I don't see how this puts Cleveland over the hump against teams like Boston (especially with a healthy KG) and the Orlando Magic?

ManRam
06-14-2009, 06:49 PM
The Cavs should also try and get J. Richardson..

PG. Mo Williams
SG. Jason Richardson
SF. LeBron James
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Shaquille O'Neal

How are they going to get those three players? This isn't NBA Live. They will be over the cap going into the off-season anyways. I can't imagine them being able to sign Villanueva, let alone spinning trades for those two other players.

Not happening.

prodigy
06-14-2009, 07:00 PM

well shaq won't be playing the whole game. Also, If the guy covering shaq moves to cover lebron when he drives, then think about how many dunks shaq can get.

BTW- anyway saying shaq would be a cancer needs to learn basketball. I think he would have alot of fire left considering...

1. kobe is about to get his 4th ring. Shaq wants more then him.

2. Shaq really wants to go after howard. Howard stole shaq's superman name, and other things. could be intense.

ko8e24
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
UPDATED REPORT: Suns trade Shaq to Cavs for a Bag of Lays Chips and a 6-pack Cactus Cooler!!!

stawka
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes, Shaq will clog up the paint and LeBron will only be able to shoot 3s, just like he did with Penny/Kobe/Wade.

Watch some video's or read some books, we're in the era of a '3-in the key' rule for the NBA. If you don't know what that means, Google it.

LA_Raiders
06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Lol, good luck with that...Shaq is past prime, Bos & Orl will beat Cle again....

Shaq & LeBroom??? LOL, good way to try to keep LeBroom...lol...

HOZ THE KNICK
06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
shaq is better than wallace the cavs have nothing to lose in this deal.

SeoulBeatz
06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
if this trade goes through, look out East.

Lebron had a team of nobodys.

Mo Williams is alright, but def did not deserve his all-star bid. that was a pity allstar selection IMO. And if he wanted to prove me wrong, he wouldve shown up in the playoffs, which he didnt, because he just isnt that good.

who else is there, Delonte is a great bench player, but shouldnt be starting. Neither should varejao, or big Z (anymore).

to be honest, before the season started i thought the cavs would be the 8th seed at best. Not because I was hating against them, but simply because they have a pretty awful team surrounding lebron, and thats almost being generous. But their chemistry carried them a loooooonnnggg way, and that was a very pleasant surprise, but thats all it was.

he needs a legit 2nd man, a pippen, or a shaq.

Lebron is the most dominant player in the NBA, throw in the 3rd most dominant C in the league (behind Dwight and Yao) and thats quite a deadly combination. I know shaq is old, but he can still get the job done simply because of his girth and coordination. He doesnt dominate like he used to but hes still so damn big and fundamentally sound that it really doesnt matter. he'll play until hes 40, at least.

cavs NEED to make this move cus th

SeoulBeatz
06-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Shaq is going to be 38 next year, I don't see how this puts Cleveland over the hump against teams like Boston (especially with a healthy KG) and the Orlando Magic?

Because teams still have to double shaq. trust me, they do.

but teams also have to triple team lebron.

ur gonna have to pick ur poison. surround Lebron and Shaq with Decent shooters and thats a very deadly combination.

and from what ive seen, the only people bashing this trade are Laker/Kobe fans... hmm..

AirJesus26
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
if this trade goes through, look out East.

Lebron had a team of nobodys.

Mo Williams is alright, but def did not deserve his all-star bid. that was a pity allstar selection IMO. And if he wanted to prove me wrong, he wouldve shown up in the playoffs, which he didnt, because he just isnt that good.

who else is there, Delonte is a great bench player, but shouldnt be starting. Neither should varejao, or big Z (anymore).

to be honest, before the season started i thought the cavs would be the 8th seed at best. Not because I was hating against them, but simply because they have a pretty awful team surrounding lebron, and thats almost being generous. But their chemistry carried them a loooooonnnggg way, and that was a very pleasant surprise, but thats all it was.

he needs a legit 2nd man, a pippen, or a shaq.

Lebron is the most dominant player in the NBA, throw in the 3rd most dominant C in the league (behind Dwight and Yao) and thats quite a deadly combination. I know shaq is old, but he can still get the job done simply because of his girth and coordination. He doesnt dominate like he used to but hes still so damn big and fundamentally sound that it really doesnt matter. he'll play until hes 40, at least.

cavs NEED to make this move cus th

Well Said:clap:

AirJesus26
06-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Because teams still have to double shaq. trust me, they do.

but teams also have to triple team lebron.

ur gonna have to pick ur poison. surround Lebron and Shaq with Decent shooters and thats a very deadly combination.

and from what ive seen, the only people bashing this trade are Laker/Kobe fans... hmm..

Once again Well Said.:clap::clap::clap:

PurpleJesus
06-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Cleveland is getting desperate, this is the kinda deal they may need to make to make sure Lebron gets his championship and to make sure he stays a Cav.

PurpleJesus
06-14-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree with what SeoulBeatz said too, you have to double shaq because he is still one of the best post players in the game, and he is still a top 5 C in the leaque, and you have to double Lebron as well which would leave a guy like Mo Williams wide open. It would be a great inside out game with shaq, and Mo (amongst other good shooters) and Lebron would be able to create everything else.

LA412
06-14-2009, 09:23 PM
the only reason i dont want this trade to go down is Shaq will go on all of these interviews sucking LB23's dick......just like he did Wade and just like he was trying to repair the kobe relationship

PurpleJesus
06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
the only reason i dont want this trade to go down is Shaq will go on all of these interviews sucking LB23's dick......just like he did Wade and just like he was trying to repair the kobe relationship

Lebron deserves all the praise he gets.

Chronz
06-14-2009, 10:12 PM

Unsubstantial claims, he wouldnt clog the lane anymore than Ben Wallace has, only he gives the benefit of opening driving lanes with doubles, and is a much better pick setter.

Chronz
06-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Don't really think it would be the missing piece for Cleveland. It would just clog up the lane for LeBron, forcing him (lebron) to take more jumpers because of defenses being more able to set up, because shaq doesn't wander to far from the basket. Just don't think it would work out all that well.

Again, teams dont respect Ben Wallace anywhere, he doesnt have the ability to occupy opposing teams bigs, and to any slasher a hard double with 2 bigs is heaven.

Chronz
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, Shaq will clog up the paint and LeBron will only be able to shoot 3s, just like he did with Penny/Kobe/Wade.

Watch some video's or read some books, we're in the era of a '3-in the key' rule for the NBA. If you don't know what that means, Google it.

LMAO Thank you Stawka, your always there when Shaq needs a helping hand. There has never been any evidence that players find it harder to slash with Shaq in the game, what there is evidence of, is Shaq improving the efficiency of most of his teammates, slashers and shooters alike.

What clogs the lane is having Larry Hughes on the wings, and if Bron could dominate with him and Eric Snow getting major minutes, he can dominate with a player who can occupy 2 bigs at the same time when hes on his A game.

GCOOKIE7
06-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Stopped being an idiot! Maybe slap yourself for a while and then come back to post your comments, stop using "cancer" for everything derogatory in team chemistry!:mad:

Anyways, back to the issue, I can sense Cavs trading for Shaq, signing Jason Kidd, and perhaps going after a shooter in Mike Miller.

I taw I taw A Puddy Tat

Blackification
06-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Would the Suns still do this if Ben Wallace decides to retire?

They want him to retire so they can sign a big (probably gortat) and have enough financial flexibility to resign players (nash and amare).

Devils05
06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
From ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4260855)

While O'Neal hopes to end up in Cleveland, the 37-year-old future Hall of Famer also hopes to get a two-year contract extension, according to the league source. That being the case, he would like to get assurances that James, who can become a free agent after next season, will remain in Cleveland for at least the next three years.

theimortalone
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
They want him to retire so they can sign a big (probably gortat) and have enough financial flexibility to resign players (nash and amare).

Exactly!