PDA

View Full Version : The best team with cap space in 2010?

FaceDown91
06-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Which team that will not only have enough cap space for lebron in 2010, but will also have the best talent around lebron if they were to acquire him. Knicks obviously have enough cap space for 2010 but who is that the best team that has cap space in 2010?

note: big market or small market does not affect this question.

abe_froman
06-13-2009, 03:50 PM
miami,chi,nj,grizzlies

off top of my head,just a few(not all of them)

Lizard King
06-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Rose, Hinrich, Salmons, Deng, Thomas, and Noah.

Yes, I'm biased.

b_rad23
06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Miami only has Beasley, Mario Chalmers and Cook on the books for a combined 7 million. They have talent and a shitload of money.

Kyben36
06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
The bulls will have a young allstar waiting on a very small contract.

I think the Heat also have Beasley ( not counting wade due to contract )
Nets have Harris under contract
NY has nothing, for whoever said that. They have room but no players to put next to a Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Amare, Yes, they could pair them but they dont have any players under contract.
Cant realy think of any others right now.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2009, 04:06 PM
The Blazers are the most talented team with cap space, but they don't have enough to be spending on LeBron. New York obviously has the most cap space that summer. New Jersey also has a lot of upcoming room. The Clippers can always trade some crappy players to make room by then.

Red222
06-13-2009, 04:12 PM
the bulls they only have 26 million dollars on the books in 2010. WITH A BUDDING SUPERSTAR IN ROSE COME ON LEBRON U KNOW U WANNA COME HERE.:D

Super.
06-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Dont count out the Celtics, they have 2 big contracts coming off the books in 2010, Pierce AND Allen

xabial
06-13-2009, 04:35 PM
The Blazers are the most talented team with cap space, but they don't have enough to be spending on LeBron. New York obviously has the most cap space that summer. New Jersey also has a lot of upcoming room. The Clippers can always trade some crappy players to make room by then.

Your convinced those crappy players are tradable?
Zach Randolph comes to mind, Good luck tho

hockeypro68
06-13-2009, 04:46 PM
How has no one mentioned the Knicks? They have a CRAPLOAD of capspace after next season.

abe_froman
06-13-2009, 04:53 PM
How has no one mentioned the Knicks? They have a CRAPLOAD of capspace after next season.

the premise of the thread is what teams have more than just cap space,but would have the cap room and also still have good players to surround him with

MPScribbles
06-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I would have to say, and hope, that it is the Bulls. Knicks don't have much in talent and even the guys that they claim will be good will be due for contracts, I think, before then.

madiaz3
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Probably the nets with Harris and Lopez alone, however, I don't see why the Knicks have nothing to offer.

Here's my post from another thread.

NY has a better coach, NY has a chance of signing another major star which everyone here convinenintly forgets when comparing the Cavs team to the CURRENT Knicks.

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari are great young talents. (Thinking otherwise just shows you don't know anything about them.)
Then you have Nate Robinson and David Lee who can either remain as great assets to a star or more convineintly traded to bring in better, cheaper and more Lebron-friendly help to the team. Then we have the 300 pound elephant in the room, Eddy Curry, who guess what, has actually taken it upon himself to get in shape, which is proven and not hype. He's uprooted himself from his family and has isolated himself in a training facility far off, updates us from his Twitter and we have gotten confirmation from Donnie Walsh himself on his improvement. If he comes close to his 2006-07 form, the 20 ppg #1 points in the paint, #1 FG%, #1 foul shots attempted, then hell, he's worth a LOT on the trade block, or hell, we could even USE him. There are a ton of possibilities on the Knicks, and the Cavs haven't been able to make their case in 6 years thus far that they could surround him with enough reliable talent.

GCOOKIE7
06-13-2009, 06:15 PM
THE RAPTORS!!!!!!!
Jose Calderon
Marion (We will probably nab him)
Bargnani
Probably Derozan in the draft

A LeBron away from a Championship but we will probably just go get Bosh.

BenFrank
06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
I would have to say Houston, Once thay Resign Yao, and Free T-Bag, we have a few other exp contracts,.. but Picture Yao, Scola, Battier ( Artest, if resign's ) and Brooks, he would fit right in.. and have a chance to win multiple championship's

bal_ravens
06-13-2009, 06:29 PM
The Washington Wizards.

Arenas, Butler, Jamison with the cap space to get another star or load up the bench.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2009, 06:36 PM
all i know is the knicks have a **** load of capspace and if they can get rid of curry and jeffries they would have enough space to add 3 stars.

dee279
06-13-2009, 06:49 PM
If the Heat can sign back Wade wich they aka we will, Heat is the best team with cap space.

dee279
06-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Miami only has Beasley, Mario Chalmers and Cook on the books for a combined 7 million. They have talent and a shitload of money.

And we will have Wade once we sign him back so lets just put that 27 million. :smoking:

Lizard King
06-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Everyone's going to be a homer and say their team is the most talented with cap space, so this thread is pretty much pointless.

TEXASTITAN
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I would have to say Houston, Once thay Resign Yao, and Free T-Bag, we have a few other exp contracts,.. but Picture Yao, Scola, Battier ( Artest, if resign's ) and Brooks, he would fit right in.. and have a chance to win multiple championship's

I was going to say houston as well with the talent that would be around him and the cap space we would have he could finally have the chance to play in the same conference as kobe and he would like nothing more than to stick it to him. Although i don't see the rockets signing him i do believe that bosh and or d-wade for houston is a much more realistic option in 2010 d-wade more than bosh of course.

TEXASTITAN
06-13-2009, 07:04 PM
all i know is the knicks have a **** load of capspace and if they can get rid of curry and jeffries they would have enough space to add 3 stars.

Lebron wants to win and get paid and in NY he only gets paid the team is pathetic seriously there is no way to sugarcoat that roster. It's HORRIBLE and he would be better off staying in cleveland than going to the knicks. And to the dude who wants him in miami thats not going to happen either there is no way that dwade and bron co-exist on the same roster someone doesn't get enough touches and the house burns down. I personally don't believe that wade goes long term with miami because like NY the talent isn't there lebron and d wade both go to CONTENDERS not to scrubby portland or NY a contender with space such as HOUSTON,DALLAS,ORLANDO,CHICAGO,BOSTON,DETROIT,DENV ER or they both opt to stay with their current teams if your team isn't listed please put your dear lebron letter away along with all the tooth fairy money you saved since you were a kid because it's not going to be enough to get him to your team sorry but thats the harsh reality of the situation.

thephoenixson28
06-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Phoenix has the best talent and cap space. If they resign amare and nash + trade shaq, and j-rich. Shaq for tyson chandler, and j-rich for mike miller

PG. Nash/dragic
SG. Miller/barbosa
SF. Lebron/hill/dudley
PF. Amare/amundson
C. Chandler/lopez

Best team and cap space The Phoenix Suns

Pran Raznor
06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Probably the nets with Harris and Lopez alone, however, I don't see why the Knicks have nothing to offer.

Here's my post from another thread.

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari are great young talents. (Thinking otherwise just shows you don't know anything about them.)
Then you have Nate Robinson and David Lee who can either remain as great assets to a star or more convineintly traded to bring in better, cheaper and more Lebron-friendly help to the team. Then we have the 300 pound elephant in the room, Eddy Curry, who guess what, has actually taken it upon himself to get in shape, which is proven and not hype. He's uprooted himself from his family and has isolated himself in a training facility far off, updates us from his Twitter and we have gotten confirmation from Donnie Walsh himself on his improvement. If he comes close to his 2006-07 form, the 20 ppg #1 points in the paint, #1 FG%, #1 foul shots attempted, then hell, he's worth a LOT on the trade block, or hell, we could even USE him. There are a ton of possibilities on the Knicks, and the Cavs haven't been able to make their case in 6 years thus far that they could surround him with enough reliable talent.

I wouldn't say thet are GREAT young talents, but promising. Especially Chandler. Rose, Lopez and Beasley are more so great young talents.

Pran Raznor
06-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Phoenix has the best talent and cap space. If they resign amare and nash + trade shaq, and j-rich. Shaq for tyson chandler, and j-rich for mike miller

PG. Nash/dragic
SG. Miller/barbosa
SF. Lebron/hill/dudley
PF. Amare/amundson
C. Chandler/lopez

You said if

Jonathan2323
06-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Everyone's going to be a homer and say their team is the most talented with cap space, so this thread is pretty much pointless.

Miami has the most cap space. plus they have 3 young talented players in Beasley, Chalmers and Cook. thats not being called a homer.

effen5
06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
:speechless:

PG. Nash/dragic
SG. Miller/barbosa
SF. Lebron/hill/dudley
PF. Amare/amundson
C. Chandler/lopez

I dont see this ever happening but if it does....

DEAR GOD Nash Lebron Amare :speechless:

Pran Raznor
06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Miami has the most cap space. plus they have 3 young talented players in Beasley, Chalmers and Cook. thats not being called a homer.

The point is teams like New Jersey,Chicago, New York and Miami all have a good combination of talent and cap space. So therefore, fans of those particular teams are going to be homers.

ko8e24
06-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Lakers have the most cap space, duh? Lebron, Melo and Wade are all signing with the lakers in 2010. I think thatz pretty obvious.

Wade PG
Bryant SG
James SF
Gasol PF
Bynum C

Bench

Anthony
Ariza
Odom
Fisher
Walton
Vujacic
Farmar
Brown
:speechless: DYNASTY!!!

Lol, this 2010 stuff is getting pretty ridiculous. Wait 10 months when it'll be fo' real. for now, enjoy the rest of the finals and the ENTIRE 2009-2010 NBA SEASON!!!

thephoenixson28
06-13-2009, 08:03 PM
You said if yeah but amare said that he would resign if phoenix is still trying to contend. If phoenix signs lebron expect amare and nash to resign and have a bunch of championships especially if they can make a deal to detriot for rasheed wallace(S&T) + amir johnson for shaq.J-rich for mike miller. Expect a lineup of this

Nash: (MLE)5million
Miller:9million
Lebron:20 million
Amare:18 million
Wallace: 8 million
60 million for starters

Bench
Barbosa:7 million
Dragic/dudley/lopez: 3million

76 millon all together but the best lineup and championships to come

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Lebron wants to win and get paid and in NY he only gets paid the team is pathetic seriously there is no way to sugarcoat that roster. It's HORRIBLE and he would be better off staying in cleveland than going to the knicks. And to the dude who wants him in miami thats not going to happen either there is no way that dwade and bron co-exist on the same roster someone doesn't get enough touches and the house burns down. I personally don't believe that wade goes long term with miami because like NY the talent isn't there lebron and d wade both go to CONTENDERS not to scrubby portland or NY a contender with space such as HOUSTON,DALLAS,ORLANDO,CHICAGO,BOSTON,DETROIT,DENV ER or they both opt to stay with their current teams if your team isn't listed please put your dear lebron letter away along with all the tooth fairy money you saved since you were a kid because it's not going to be enough to get him to your team sorry but thats the harsh reality of the situation.i didn't think you read my post, i didn't say anything about lebron i said it's possible that we can sign 3 stars.

Pran Raznor
06-13-2009, 08:17 PM
yeah but amare said that he would resign if phoenix is still trying to contend. If phoenix signs lebron expect amare and nash to resign and have a bunch of championships especially if they can make a deal to detriot for rasheed wallace(S&T) + amir johnson for shaq.J-rich for mike miller. Expect a lineup of this

60 million for starters

Bench

First things first. You need to resign Stat, then HOPE Lebron considers the Suns. He will have alot of choices. Lebron isn't going there without any of your core in place. I haven't heard anything about the proposed R Wallace, Johnson for Shaq trade. Doesn't make much sence for either team. As for J-Rich for Miller. Could happen. But until it does, let's talk about current the rosters.

madiaz3
06-13-2009, 08:44 PM

I wouldn't say thet are GREAT young talents, but promising. Especially Chandler. Rose, Lopez and Beasley are more so great young talents.

Chandler is great, no doubt about it, Gallinari is the only promising one because we haven't had a full season of him healthy. I don't see Beasely as anyone promising to play with he's more like an inverted Varejao switching offense and defense. Rose is definitely a talent worth pairing him with though.

thephoenixson28
06-13-2009, 09:08 PM
First things first. You need to resign Stat, then HOPE Lebron considers the Suns. He will have alot of choices. Lebron isn't going there without any of your core in place. I haven't heard anything about the proposed R Wallace, Johnson for Shaq trade. Doesn't make much sence for either team. As for J-Rich for Miller. Could happen. But until it does, let's talk about current the rosters. First of all you say current rosters but then you mention david lee and nate in your current post. Second its just trades I made up detriot has a lineup of
Stuckey
Hamilton
Prince
Maxiell
Shaq
Looks pretty good they have enough space so they won't be over the cap not to mention they get a expiring contract for 2010 and can pick up someone like bosh. Regardless if lebron doesn't want to come to phoenix its just a thought.

Baller1
06-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Honestly, it's the Thunder.

Durant
Jeff Green
Westbrook
Livingston
Krstic
DJ White
Harden/Thabeet/Rubio

But, Durant is already the future of the SF position, and Lebron would never go to OKC. Therefore, I'll say Chicago or New Jersey.

DQL
06-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Chandler is great, no doubt about it, Gallinari is the only promising one because we haven't had a full season of him healthy. I don't see Beasely as anyone promising to play with he's more like an inverted Varejao switching offense and defense. Rose is definitely a talent worth pairing him with though.

Do you watch Heat games or you just looked at the stats? The Beasley-Varejao comparison is insulting. Beasley has all the tools and talent to be one of the best players in the league. Beasley's pt has been limited due to Spoelstra's man crush on Haslem and. Riley's dislike to rookies. Next year when Beasley starts, he will flat out ball and average 20 ppg. He has currently been working with Zo on defense also. Let's just watch

DQL
06-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Talk about cap space, the Heat certainly have the most amount out there. They have team option on Beasley, Cook and Chalmers that means they can get their cap to zero if they want. Beasley- soon-to-be all-star, Cook- 3pt champ, Chalmers- solid role player are enough to convince Wade to stay

Pran Raznor
06-14-2009, 04:25 AM
First of all you say current rosters but then you mention david lee and nate in your current post. Second its just trades I made up detriot has a lineup of
Stuckey
Hamilton
Prince
Maxiell
Shaq
Looks pretty good they have enough space so they won't be over the cap not to mention they get a expiring contract for 2010 and can pick up someone like bosh. Regardless if lebron doesn't want to come to phoenix its just a thought.

I never mentioned Lee or Nate Robinson in any of my post. WTF? Also, don't make trades up or I'll say the Bulls might trade Luol Deng to the Suns for Stat and then we'll sign Lebron and Wade. Sounds pretty stupid huh? Let's just keep things the way they are and speculate what might happen with the 2010class of free agents if nothing were to change with current rosters. No one knows what trades will happen between now and the trade deadline. Who knows maybe Memphis or some other cursed franchise will get their **** together and become the hot free agent destination.

Pran Raznor
06-14-2009, 04:31 AM

I do like Chandler. I liked him at DePaul even. But, I'd call him good, not great. I love Rose but I wouldn't call him great even. That's word is reserved for established players like James and Wade. Rose is a great young talent. But who knows what the future holds. Chandler is a good promising young talent. I don't ever see him being a franchise player though. At least with Rose I can see the possibility.

tland22
06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Hornets gunna have a TON of money to spend in 2010....yes sir!

tland22
06-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Tyson and Peja's GROSSLY expensive contracts will both be gone! yay!

thephoenixson28
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM

I wouldn't say thet are GREAT young talents, but promising. Especially Chandler. Rose, Lopez and Beasley are more so great young talents. so I guess this isn't you mentioning anything about nate or lee ok I believe you. Second its just a trade thought. Third what are you so upset about this trade they get shaq + he is expiring so they can pick up someone in free agency in 2010. Detriot doesn't lose rasheed for nothing. But last this is a even trade its nothing stupid like that luoel deng for amare trade. I'm just being realistic.

Kyben36
06-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I think Miami is the Best. They have a Solid PG in Chalmers who IMO will probably at min be as good as Kirk, Beasley at SF, who could end up being a Melo of sorts, Cook, who will be a solid Bench contributor. They have the room to sign Wade back, which I expect he will sign. Then they have room to sign another big name player. Let me say this. IF they can sign Dirk, Bosh or Amare in FA, They will be scary. The only hole is at C, which Im sure they can find somebody. Imagin a linup of

Hinrich ( esentialy what Chalmers is, defensive with some offensive game but not the best )
Wade
Melo ( esentialy what Bealsey will be )
Bosh/Amare/Dirk
C

Thats a scary linup even if they have the worst C in the league.

The bulls are counting on the fact that a FA wants to come to play for us. WE have some nice talent like Rose, Deng, Noah, but we are countin on bosh or amare wanting to play for us, because there are plenty of teams with cap room. I sure do hope that NY ends up getting nothing though, cause that would be the funnyest **** ever, selling out all their players and getting nothing in return.

jkiddvc20
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Lakers have the most cap space, duh? Lebron, Melo and Wade are all signing with the lakers in 2010. I think thatz pretty obvious.

Wade PG
Bryant SG
James SF
Gasol PF
Bynum C

Bench

Anthony
Ariza
Odom
Fisher
Walton
Vujacic
Farmar
Brown
:speechless: DYNASTY!!!

Lol, this 2010 stuff is getting pretty ridiculous. Wait 10 months when it'll be fo' real. for now, enjoy the rest of the finals and the ENTIRE 2009-2010 NBA SEASON!!!

You honestly would start Bynum over Anthony and not just move Pau to center and Melo to PF and play small. =)

king4day
06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Phoenix.
If they keep Amare, and Nash, then Shaq's 20mil coming off the books.... there's no team that I can think of, that can add Lebron, that will have more talent.

Pran Raznor
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
so I guess this isn't you mentioning anything about nate or lee ok I believe you. Second its just a trade thought. Third what are you so upset about this trade they get shaq + he is expiring so they can pick up someone in free agency in 2010. Detriot doesn't lose rasheed for nothing. But last this is a even trade its nothing stupid like that luoel deng for amare trade. I'm just being realistic.

My bad. However that wasn't my words, I was quoting madiaz3 from a previous post. "I wouldn't say thet are GREAT young talents, but promising. Especially Chandler. Rose, Lopez and Beasley are more so great young talents." Was my quote. Just clarifying. Now to the point.

Rasheed is a free agent. He isn't getting traded. Also, he is a power foward and last I checked so is Stat. But maybe if Stat is traded to the Bulls for Deng you can make room for him. :D

king4day
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
yeah but amare said that he would resign if phoenix is still trying to contend. If phoenix signs lebron expect amare and nash to resign and have a bunch of championships especially if they can make a deal to detriot for rasheed wallace(S&T) + amir johnson for shaq.J-rich for mike miller. Expect a lineup of this

60 million for starters

Bench

Lebron wouldn't consider the Suns UNLESS Nash and Amare were already inked. So we have to get them both back to have a chance.

thephoenixson28
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
My bad. However that wasn't my words, I was quoting madiaz3 from a previous post. "I wouldn't say thet are GREAT young talents, but promising. Especially Chandler. Rose, Lopez and Beasley are more so great young talents." Was my quote. Just clarifying. Now to the point.

Rasheed is a free agent. He isn't getting traded. Also, he is a power foward and last I checked so is Stat. But maybe if Stat is traded to the Bulls for Deng you can make room for him. :D rasheed can play center and amare at pf. Pau gasol is a pf but he plays center. With rasheed we can sign and trade to the pistons for shaq.

Lo Porto
06-17-2009, 05:38 PM

I like the Knicks. They'll probably have David Lee (good post player), Wilson Chandler (will only be 22 and is dynamic), Gallinari (can spread the floor), pick #8 from this year, maybe Nate Robinson (spark plug), Eddy Curry and Jeffries on the last years of their deal.

If Nash goes to the Knicks for a cheap deal so they can add more (he's implied he wants back with D'Antoni to make a run), then they could get nasty quickly.

PG Nash, Robinson
SG Stephen Curry?, Robinson
SF Chandler, Gallinari
PF Lee
C Curry

You add LeBron, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson or somebody else to that mix and you've got a team. If the Knicks didn't have Jeffries or Curry there, they'd be adding two of the 4 names just mentioned.

Lakers4ItAll
06-17-2009, 05:43 PM

Yep gets pretty annoying

Lo Porto
06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Not a Knick fan, but I think they are going to have the best complimentary roster for whatever star comes there.

Pran Raznor
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
rasheed can play center and amare at pf. Pau gasol is a pf but he plays center. With rasheed we can sign and trade to the pistons for shaq.

Shaq makes $20 million for '09, Rasheed wouldn't make close to that. That wouldn't work. Even if you added Amir Johnson.

philab
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Going by the logic in this thread, the answer is clearly CLEVELAND.

"If we re-sign Amare and Nash"
"Once we re-sign Wade"
"After Lee and Robinson are locked up"
"Once Kobe re-signs"

Umm, how about "Once we re-sign LeBron"? The Cavaliers have more cap space than just about any team, the ability to go over the cap to re-sign LeBron, AND umm, they have LeBron RIGHT NOW.

So if we're talking about players undoubtedly locked up past 2010, the Heat, Lakers, Cavaliers, Knicks, Nuggets, etc. aren't even close to the discussion. That discussion comes down to the Bulls, Thunder, and maybe Blazers (I would need to look at the contracts).

If we're going on the possibility of re-signing players, adding in the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, etc., then we must also add in the Cavaliers WHO HAVE LEBRON RIGHT NOW and will have plenty of cap space.