PDA

View Full Version : What can NY offer Lebron?

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Lebron is rumoured to go to NY.

I say that's BS.

People say that if he goes to NY, he will get more money and more exposure and all that garbage.

Tell me how can they offer him more money when the Cavs can offer 1 more year and 30 more million dollars.

And I never got this, how the hell can he get more exposure? He is on TV EVERYDAY. He has cameres on him 24/7. Do you people actually think that if he is in a small market, he wont get any attention. He is the best player in the league and is the biggest publicity star in the NBA. It doesn't mattter where the hell he is because he will still be seen on TV, he will still be on Bill boards, and people will still know him.

So can you tell me why you people still think he will leave the mighty Cavs for the the bottom team Knicks.

xabial
06-13-2009, 01:18 PM
this is a good source and should answer all your questions
http://rawsportsblog.com/?p=1744

But Cleveland has LeBron’s Bird Rights, meaning they can offer him a lot more money thanks to the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, canceling out any attempts by Nike to control his destination, right?

Wrong.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated several years ago, when LeBron’s rookie contract was coming to an end, one Western Conference executive pointed out that Nike doesn’t have to follow the NBA’s salary cap and can eliminate Cleveland’s Bird Rights advantage.

Theres no definate answer but i hope he does leave :) Look at my sig

Raoul Duke
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
And I never got this, how the hell can he get more exposure? He is on TV EVERYDAY. He has cameres on him 24/7. Do you people actually think that if he is in a small market, he wont get any attention. He is the best player in the league and is the biggest publicity star in the NBA. It doesn't mattter where the hell he is because he will still be seen on TV, he will still be on Bill boards, and people will still know him.

Well, consider for a moment how much press he gets every day in the Cleveland media. He's visible worldwide, but in Cleveland there are newspaper articles about him every single day. Now imagine what that coverage would be like in New York, which is a lot bigger and a lot more heavily populated than Cleveland. I think it's a given that if he plays in a bigger city, then he is by definition in a bigger market getting more press.

Tell me how can they offer him more money when the Cavs can offer 1 more year and 30 more million dollars.

They can't. Cleveland has the upper hand here.

So can you tell me why you people still think he will leave the mighty Cavs for the the bottom team Knicks.

Because he might not be able to win in Cleveland. That team has had a few years now to build a contender around Lebron, and other than Mo Williams, they haven't exactly done a bang-up job. They have to make changes in order to win, and they're already pretty deep into the luxury tax(Ben Wallace is on the books for 15 million for next season... ouch). Sure, New York doesn't exactly smell like a rose right now, but they have great management, a coach that anybody in the NBA would love to play for, and a ton of resources to build a good roster over the next year.

Lebron knows that when his career is over, it will be judged on championships. No one will care how much money he made or what endorsement deals he had. He knows that, and if he feels like he can't win in Cleveland, he's gone.

IndyRealist
06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Well the Cavs are at $91 million in salary to try and win a championship. The Knicks are at $94 million to be in the lottery. How much do you think they'd be willing to spend on a contending team?

Raoul Duke
06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
One beeelyun dollars.

MPScribbles
06-13-2009, 01:34 PM
this is a good source and should answer all your questions
http://rawsportsblog.com/?p=1744

But Cleveland has LeBron’s Bird Rights, meaning they can offer him a lot more money thanks to the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, canceling out any attempts by Nike to control his destination, right?

Wrong.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated several years ago, when LeBron’s rookie contract was coming to an end, one Western Conference executive pointed out that Nike doesn’t have to follow the NBA’s salary cap and can eliminate Cleveland’s Bird Rights advantage.

Theres no definate answer but i hope he does leave :) Look at my sig

Good link. I like the way the guy broke it all down. Also, read what the other guy comments at the bottom of the page. They both make great points. The fact is that James is going to play wherever he wants. Anyone with money would be willing to spend it on him and I'm tired of hearing how NY is the place where all the stars want to go. That team and franchise sucks out loud. Btw am I the only one that sees that D'Antoni's system is not really ideal if the goal is to win a championship? Phoenix was an amazingly talented team filled with guys that fit that system perfectly. Why would the results be different in NY?

nyanks79
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Why dont you get that everything is worth more in New York. He will get so much more money from Nike and other endorsments if he plays in New York. Do more people go to NYC or Cleavland. When more people will see the bilboards, Nike will give him more money. When more people watch tv (Ny has the biggest TV market) and the commercials come on with more people watching Nike gains money and so does he. The extra money will be made up through the endorsments and more. And he will obvioulsy get more exposre in NY as well.

29$JerZ
06-13-2009, 01:55 PM
All I'll say is this, their is still a season before 2010 to go.

The LeBron to NY talks started when LeBron wore a Yankee cap in a playoff game where the Cleveland Indians were playing. Donnie Walsh lost a lot of Cap not for the Sole purpose of LeBron, but to be in a position to get 2 stars or 1 in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Nike can offer him a ton if he went to NY but that has yet to be seen. So let the talks die down already, if you keep bringing them up this won't go away a la Bret Favre.

MPScribbles
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Why dont you get that everything is worth more in New York. He will get so much more money from Nike and other endorsments if he plays in New York. Do more people go to NYC or Cleavland. When more people will see the bilboards, Nike will give him more money. When more people watch tv (Ny has the biggest TV market) and the commercials come on with more people watching Nike gains money and so does he. The extra money will be made up through the endorsments and more. And he will obvioulsy get more exposre in NY as well.

True but it is also much more expensive to live in NY. He is going to be mega-rich no matter where he goes and maybe Lebron won't be making his decision based on how much money he can make. Lebron wants to be great and I think that he is most likely to do what is in the best interest of him being on champion teams. I think he is more about success than about money. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't actually know the guy.

PHILLYNIKES
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Real quick question? How can Lebron win in NY and Not in CLE? The Knicks are garbage!

J-Relo
06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Lebron is rumoured to go to NY.

I say that's BS.

People say that if he goes to NY, he will get more money and more exposure and all that garbage.

there are more companies that pay cash for players ... that what club pays is only a snack...

phlp_bj
06-13-2009, 02:13 PM
NY can offer lebron: jerome james, who will be his personal cheerleader

bkmikeyy
06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Real quick question? How can Lebron win in NY and Not in CLE? The Knicks are garbage!

For some reason people cannot let go of the past. yes the knicks have been garbage for quite some time, noone is going to argue with that. However that is due to horrible management in the last decade and plus a lot of franchises go through tough times. However just because they were garbage before, does not mean that they will remain that way forever. We got a good management that spent last year undoing a lot of wrong and they will continue to do so. I feel the Knicks are already equipped to become a very dangerous team if they add one star and they are still not done building that core of players for whoever it may be that comes (the whole Lebron to NY craze is just the media starting it up).

And as for why Lebron would be more popular in New York people on this website do not even have to leave this website to get an explanation.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359204

Now imagine what's going to happen to that number once the knicks get out of this horrible stretch and become relevant again in the basketball world ( trust me whether you guys like it or not its coming soon)

faze38
06-13-2009, 02:23 PM

For one NY has the better coach. Also if lebron does comes to the Knicks in 2010 he will also be playing along side Amare or Bosh. Which either way it's alot better the Mo Williams or anybody else on the cleveland roster besides Lebron. To add to that the knicks have more money to build a championship team around him which to me seems like something cleveland is not really willing to do.

madiaz3
06-13-2009, 02:39 PM
NY has a better coach, NY has a chance of signing another major star which everyone here convinenintly forgets when comparing the Cavs team to the CURRENT Knicks.

Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari are great young talents.
Then you have Nate Robinson and David Lee who can either remain as great assets to a star or more convineintly traded to bring in better, cheaper and more Lebron-friendly help to the team. Then we have the 300 pound elephant in the room, Eddy Curry, who guess what, has actually taken it upon himself to get in shape, which is proven and not hype. He's uprooted himself from his family and has isolated himself in a training facility far off, updates us from his Twitter and we have gotten confirmation from Donnie Walsh himself on his improvement. If he comes close to his 2006-07 form, the 20 ppg #1 points in the paint, #1 FG%, #1 foul shots attempted, then hell, he's worth a LOT on the trade block, or hell, we could even USE him. There are a ton of possibilities on the Knicks, and the Cavs haven't been able to make their case in 6 years thus far that they could surround him with enough reliable talent.

faze38
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
For some reason people cannot let go of the past. yes the knicks have been garbage for quite some time, noone is going to argue with that. However that is due to horrible management in the last decade and plus a lot of franchises go through tough times. However just because they were garbage before, does not mean that they will remain that way forever. We got a good management that spent last year undoing a lot of wrong and they will continue to do so. I feel the Knicks are already equipped to become a very dangerous team if they add one star and they are still not done building that core of players for whoever it may be that comes (the whole Lebron to NY craze is just the media starting it up).

And as for why Lebron would be more popular in New York people on this website do not even have to leave this website to get an explanation.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359204

Now imagine what's going to happen to that number once the knicks get out of this horrible stretch and become relevant again in the basketball world ( trust me whether you guys like it or not its coming soon)

So true i mean if u really want to look at it name a time that the bulls were good before or after the Jordan era. Never i mean this is the first year the the bulls have done anything with out Jordan or Scottie on that team but people are still stuck on the Bulls like Jordan and Scottie are gonna walk through the locker room doors and carry them to a championship. For us Knick fans we know that it might not be today or tommorrow that changes are future but it coming. We don't know if it's gonna be 2010 or 2011 but it will come and then before u know it most of the fans will be jumping ship to NY.

Look at that poll I mean the Knicks have been one of the worst teams in the NBA, but we still have the most fans on this site and in the world. I mean what other place but New York makes die hard fans till the death. L.A. has more people in there state and they still can't beat out NY.

architect13563
06-13-2009, 02:56 PM
New York is like the capital of the WORLD.. if LeBron goes out there, he's a got a chance to be the face of that city. Therefore, the face of the (Basketball) World. Right now, in Cleveland, he probably already is.. but that's where the other factors come in. Nike's a global business power, and with LeBron as their ambassador, playing in a more exposed city simply means more money.
Take this for example. How much often would people mention New York than Cleveland? Not just in basketball terms. Not just your average basketball fan. Not your Knicks or Yankees fan. Im talking about the tourists, the businessmen, the blue collar workers, your neighbors, people from asia, from europe, anyone, whoever, whatever demographic.
I mean, no disrespect to Ohio or the other 48 states but when people think about the United States, they have a picture in their heads of the statue of liberty.
So if LeBron does end up with his name forever synonymous to New York, that would mean Nike will be synonymous with New York as well. It's the ultimate marketing machine.

icon1914
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
NY can offer lebron: jerome james, who will be his personal cheerleader

Ummm.... Jerome James was traded to Chicago. Jokes usually work better when you know what the hell you are talking about.

Anyway... If Donnie's 2010 plan works out, the Knicks will have enough money to sign two top level free agents as well as use the MLE on a quality role player. They also already have Gallinari, Chandler, and the #8 pick of this draft, with the possibility of still having Lee, Robinson, and Harrington.... If Curry actually gets in shape and contributes we could have him too, or at least have a solid trade piece to work with.

Are the Knicks in the best position possible to get James in 2010, no they are not, but they have the pieces. A few wise moves this year they could end up becoming a playoff team w/o James. Would the Cavs be a playoff team w/o James?

Dmagic87
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
True but it is also much more expensive to live in NY. He is going to be mega-rich no matter where he goes and maybe Lebron won't be making his decision based on how much money he can make. Lebron wants to be great and I think that he is most likely to do what is in the best interest of him being on champion teams. I think he is more about success than about money. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't actually know the guy.

See here is the thing. His supporting cast in Cleveland is highly overrated. The guy flat out dominated in the playoffs and they couldn't give him the support he needed to beat the Magic. Everyone says why would he leave a great team like the Cavs to go the Knicks or Nets. Well the Cavs are only a great team because of Lebron. You take Lebron off the Cavs and they are back in the lottery. You put Lebron on the Knicks and guess what? They are in the playoffs. So you tell me how Cleveland is such a great team for him. He is the damn team. I think he leaves Cleveland without hesitation. I am only worried about his patience.

He may very well want to go to a team like the Nets. They have done a great job in acquiring a franchise pg and center. Lebron, Harris, and Lopez? Wow, instant champions if you ask me.

TheShock45
06-13-2009, 03:16 PM
the new york knicks can only offer him two things and thats only if lebron james ego is as big as some people think.

They can only offer him this
1.) to become thee highest paid player in the history of basketball (which would feed his ego) and
2.) to become the savior of one of the most pretisgious teams in sports history (which going around saying i saved the knicks would feed his ego)

Giaps
06-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Not this **** again. Use the search button!

Nikolishin
06-13-2009, 03:38 PM
they will give him ownership of the state of new york along with 150 million dollar contract

faze38
06-13-2009, 04:32 PM
the new york knicks can only offer him two things and thats only if lebron james ego is as big as some people think.

1.) to become thee highest paid player in the history of basketball (which would feed his ego) and
2.) to become the savior of one of the most pretisgious teams in sports history (which going around saying i saved the knicks would feed his ego)

It's funny how u would say that it would be him feeding his ego to want to be the savior of a city and the highest paid athlete in the NBA. I would just call that smart business. Like it or not that's what the NBA is a business, every team and owner in it just wants a piece of the pie. I bet if Cleveland was offered Kobe and Gasol and a first round pick they wouldn't even think about it if they knew they were gonna win a championship and make more money. Lebron knows that and he's just trying to get his leave the man alone.

Giaps
06-13-2009, 06:58 PM
He has to sign a new Nike contract in 2010 and IF Nike wants him in NY, then they would simply over power the NBA salary cap. Whether they choose to do that remains to be seen.

ko8e24
06-13-2009, 07:17 PM
What can NY offer Lebron?????

A Milkshake with Fries.

Dude, can't we just enjoy these NBA Finals and the entire upcoming 2009-2010 NBA Season before we really start discussing about this crap???

RapOZo
06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
NY Can offer him an unlimited metrocard, a nice 2br apartment in Soho, plus broadway tickets for mary poppins, doesnt get any better than that, son!

D-Amazins
06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Easy Knicks have MUCH better young players. Lee,Nate,Chandler & Gallinaro. Knicks have NY behind them and everyone wants to come to NY. This is the Knicks we are speaking of, we KNOW they will do whatever it takes to get LeBron whoever he wishes for because they have always been open to opening wallets.

Basically Cavs suck and are old, they had their chance and their last one comes this upcoming year. Everyone knows he wants to go to NY otherwise he would have already stated he will always stay in Cleveland. He said it himself that he wants to be the biggest and richest star. (Not in those exact words but something of that matter).

Can't wait to go to MGS with Season Tickets & Watch him on the biggest stage. :D

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 10:00 PM
What can NY offer Lebron?????

A Milkshake with Fries.

Dude, can't we just enjoy these NBA Finals and the entire upcoming 2009-2010 NBA Season before we really start discussing about this crap???

Guess you haven't been here before.

In this Forum, we talk about Lebron 24/7, EVERYDAY.

kingjames3403
06-13-2009, 10:01 PM
There is no chance he is going to the New York Knicks. Why would he. The team he is going to if he leaves the Cavs (which he probably wont) is the New jersey Nets. Devin harris and lebron is an amazing duo. Add in brook lopez and that is a solid team

dee279
06-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Its not what the NY Knicks can offer but what NY can offer. HUge endorsement deals, Commercials, and many other things. NY will be is key to his billionaire status.

ko8e24
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Lebron is God, Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Abraham, Obama, Batman, Superman, and a little bit of Wonder Woman all put into one. He is just EVERYTHING and the ONLY THING!

F the rest of 2009, bring on 2010! :D

JustBlaze31
06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
There is no chance he is going to the New York Knicks. Why would he. The team he is going to if he leaves the Cavs (which he probably wont) is the New jersey Nets. Devin harris and lebron is an amazing duo. Add in brook lopez and that is a solid team

Lebron in a Nets jersey is ew

JDizzle
06-13-2009, 11:01 PM
its all about how the cavs do this year if they get worst lebron is going to ny

dtmagnet
06-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Thats actually a legitimate argument, there are other teams with cap space and promising rosters, but I personally think he isn't going to leave Cleveland.

_KB24_
06-13-2009, 11:54 PM
"What can NY offer?"

what doesn't it offer?

Better City: New York
Coach: New York
Team: New York
Arena: MSG!

New York has better core of players and with Lebron, they can be amazing. Cleveland has a group of old, worn out players who are playing in their last years. I mean, anyone that doesnt live in Cleveland, ( even many of them) would choose NY over CLEV. in a heart beat.

TheShock45
06-14-2009, 12:18 AM
It's funny how u would say that it would be him feeding his ego to want to be the savior of a city and the highest paid athlete in the NBA. I would just call that smart business. Like it or not that's what the NBA is a business, every team and owner in it just wants a piece of the pie. I bet if Cleveland was offered Kobe and Gasol and a first round pick they wouldn't even think about it if they knew they were gonna win a championship and make more money. Lebron knows that and he's just trying to get his leave the man alone.

when i say feed his ego im not really calling it a bad thing haha god damn i would love to be the person that saved the new york knicks franchise , problem is im 6'1, 240, white, cant dunk, and a very incosistant 3 point shooter

but people are looking for what the knicks can offer, they cant build a team around him unless they start now with the draft and all they can do is give him money and hope that he saves them and nothing at all is appealing about that team, the coaching always stinks, the front office is horrendous, the colors suck, it just has no appeal except that he can be the savior

MPScribbles
06-14-2009, 02:54 AM
So true i mean if u really want to look at it name a time that the bulls were good before or after the Jordan era. Never i mean this is the first year the the bulls have done anything with out Jordan or Scottie on that team but people are still stuck on the Bulls like Jordan and Scottie are gonna walk through the locker room doors and carry them to a championship. For us Knick fans we know that it might not be today or tommorrow that changes are future but it coming. We don't know if it's gonna be 2010 or 2011 but it will come and then before u know it most of the fans will be jumping ship to this site and in the world. I mean what other place but New York makes die hard fans till the death. L.A. has more people in there state and they still can't beat out NY.

:pity:Fail. Fail. Fail. What did the Bulls do this year that they haven't been able to do since Jordan left? Get bounced from the first round of the playoffs? Wrong, the Bulls were in the second round just a couple of seasons ago after sweeping the defending champion Miami Heat. New York creates the most die hard fans? Really? Could have nothing to do with the fact that it is the biggest congregation of people in this country so therefore most likely to be well represented on this or any other website. LA has more people in their state and they still can't beat out NY? I remember that poll. LA was quite close to NY. That is pretty impressive, or sad considering how many are most likely bandwagon fans, considering that Cali has what, 4 teams competing for those fans. So congrats on the Knicks being able to lock down their state and showing the Lakers what is up! :pity:

MPScribbles
06-14-2009, 03:01 AM
See here is the thing. His supporting cast in Cleveland is highly overrated. The guy flat out dominated in the playoffs and they couldn't give him the support he needed to beat the Magic. Everyone says why would he leave a great team like the Cavs to go the Knicks or Nets. Well the Cavs are only a great team because of Lebron. You take Lebron off the Cavs and they are back in the lottery. You put Lebron on the Knicks and guess what? They are in the playoffs. So you tell me how Cleveland is such a great team for him. He is the damn team. I think he leaves Cleveland without hesitation. I am only worried about his patience.

He may very well want to go to a team like the Nets. They have done a great job in acquiring a franchise pg and center. Lebron, Harris, and Lopez? Wow, instant champions if you ask me.

Good point if it were relevant to what I said. I didn't say that he was going to stay with the Cavs. He is that team. The fact is, though, that he will have his pick and the Knicks are not the only team that will have cap space that year. Everyone acts like because this dude wore a hat that that is some subliminal message to the world that he secretly want to play in NY. Maybe he just didn't feel like combing his hair that day.

MPScribbles
06-14-2009, 03:17 AM

What about the Knicks is so prestigious? What is up with the people of New York that has them so damn high on themselves? Below is a link to another forum in which Cronz posted a link to an article which ranked all 30 franchises in terms of everything that is important. The Knicks were 16th. That is below the half way point. News flash, Knick fans- you are the only ones that are impressed by your amazing franchise.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371587

JMKnick33
06-14-2009, 04:09 AM
What about the Knicks is so prestigious? What is up with the people of New York that has them so damn high on themselves? Below is a link to another forum in which Cronz posted a link to an article which ranked all 30 franchises in terms of everything that is important. The Knicks were 16th. That is below the half way point. News flash, Knick fans- you are the only ones that are impressed by your amazing franchise.

Good argument. But were you not at all a bit surprised the Knicks were all the way down at 16th? Hollinger is a fool for that article. 2 championships, 9 Finals appearances (more than the Heat, Magic, and Thunder/Sonic combined), and one of the first two NBA teams still in existence. He based his rating mostly in the past 15 years and completely forgot about everything else. He killed us for the Isaiah Thomas era and gave us a -100 on the intangibles for "changing the league due to the Knicks bruising defensein the '90s".

New flash, Hollinger is a tool and quit believing everything you read from opinionated articles from beat writers.

cormacraig
06-14-2009, 06:58 AM
Its not what the NY Knicks can offer but what NY can offer. Huge endorsement deals, Commercials, and many other things. NY will be is key to his billionaire status.

But he can get all those things at the Nets, especially after their move to Brooklyn.

Reddd
06-14-2009, 08:04 AM

The Knicks have always been hyped up cause NY is one of the biggest cities in the whole wide world, wich automatically makes Knicks a well-known and much-loved Franchise.
One thing's for sure: if Bron leaves Cavs, the Cavs will be done for a loong time.
I would love to see him go to the Nets, it would be an awesome team. Lets see if Hov can make it happen.

magichatnumber9
06-14-2009, 08:58 AM
New York is only special to ESPN and other New Yorkers

Raps08-09 Champ
06-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Real ****, Lebron would look sick in a NY Jersey.

koreancabbage
06-14-2009, 10:13 AM
i'm pretty sure LEbron would get all the money in 2010 no matter wherever he goes. He's already world famous and Nike is going to offer him a pretty large contract wherever he goes. Same goes for every other company out there.

LOL @ the things NYK have right now...
1) Better coach- unproven to the extreme. His no-defense philosophy will only make it harder for them to make it to the finals.
2) Better team- LOL yea right (sarcasm x 10*10^901808420301912039810238)
Cleveland >>>> NYK
3) Better City and better arena- sure, but that's the only thing going for them. they don't have the better coach and they don't have the better team.

NYK|NYY
06-14-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't think hes coming here, but I'll say this: Lebron in NY will make him godlike with all the media coverage, the coverage in Cle. will be like 100x in NY.

JustBlaze31
06-14-2009, 11:46 AM
i'm pretty sure LEbron would get all the money in 2010 no matter wherever he goes. He's already world famous and Nike is going to offer him a pretty large contract wherever he goes. Same goes for every other company out there.

LOL @ the things NYK have right now...
1) Better coach- unproven to the extreme. His no-defense philosophy will only make it harder for them to make it to the finals.
2) Better team- LOL yea right (sarcasm x 10*10^901808420301912039810238)
Cleveland >>>> NYK
3) Better City and better arena- sure, but that's the only thing going for them. they don't have the better coach and they don't have the better team.

Lets compare the Cavs without Lebron and the Knicks

Cavs starting lineup is
Ilgauskas
varejao
Pavlovic
West
Williams
6th Gibson

Knicks Starting lineup
DLee
Harrington
Chandler
Hughes
Duhon
6th Nate Robinson

NYtilIdie
06-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Guess you haven't been here before.

In this Forum, we talk about Lebron 24/7, EVERYDAY.

No we don't YOU do by making these 2010 and Lebron threads. Hell what do you expect to hear when you mention 2010?

madiaz3
06-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Lets compare the Cavs without Lebron and the Knicks

Cavs starting lineup is
Ilgauskas
varejao
Pavlovic
West
Williams
6th Gibson

Knicks Starting lineup
DLee
Harrington
Chandler
Hughes
Duhon
6th Nate Robinson

Don't forget to add a non-fat Eddy Curry JustBlaze.

Think about other teams in the league. Who actually wants any of the Cavs players, except for Mo Williams (who's been playing no better than Nate Robinson as of late) on their team for anything but a bench role? West is just about their only saving grace. Varejao, really? Big Z, at this age of his? Pavlovic LOL, he got more DNPs than games in the playoffs and only got 4.5 ppg during the regular season. Gibson isn't worth more than any of the Knick players.

By the way, the point is not just how good the Knicks players are, it's how much value they have and pull in ability to upgrade and get better players, the fact is, none of the Non-Lebron Cavs have any, and if anything their stock all fell in the playoffs though it was at an all-time high at the end of the regular season.

NYtilIdie
06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Plus we have a chance of signing a legit PG with this years draft like Flynn, Jennings, Curry, and a long shot but Rubio.

We also have a beast called Wilson Chandler aka ill Will aka The Silent Assassin who is a future all-star in the making. Gallo who can possibly become the next Dirk can develop into a solid starter.

While the Cavs are getting older and waste alot of their draft picks on busts (Hickson, Gibson) there bench is horrible they don't have a 6th man one night it Wally, the next Sasha, then Gibson our 6th man is better then all 3 of them. Our C is a double-double machine and he's actually a PF what's that tell you? Our Harrington does more then flop ours can score he can get you 20+ pts a night.

So NY>Clev

MPScribbles
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Good argument. But were you not at all a bit surprised the Knicks were all the way down at 16th? Hollinger is a fool for that article. 2 championships, 9 Finals appearances (more than the Heat, Magic, and Thunder/Sonic combined), and one of the first two NBA teams still in existence. He based his rating mostly in the past 15 years and completely forgot about everything else. He killed us for the Isaiah Thomas era and gave us a -100 on the intangibles for "changing the league due to the Knicks bruising defensein the '90s".

New flash, Hollinger is a tool and quit believing everything you read from opinionated articles from beat writers.

I don't have insider so I couldn't actually read the Knicks article. I did agree with all the teams that I was able to read though. It was a very objective ranking system overall.