PDA

View Full Version : Hedo and Boozer...

sp1derm00
06-13-2009, 12:27 AM
I've been hearing all season that these two players want out of their current teams... and I'm wondering why.

Especially in the case of Hedo, when the Magic are SO good. Hedo and Lewis make a great clutch tandem and I believe he should definitely stay in Orlando where he has the best shot of winning a title.

Also, Utah this year was plagued with injuries, but when they aren't they are in my opinion, one of the most dangerous teams in the league.

Are these players just that greedy?

It realllly doesn't seem like Hedo has issues with his team either.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Hedo deserves to get paid more money than 7mil simple and plain for what all he does and is asked to do. In no way, shape, or form should Rashard (alot) or Jammer for that matter make more than him

Boozer on the other hand, I think wants a fresh start after his divorce and his injuries in Utah. I could see him going to a team he thinks that he can help to win in a sign a trade so that they get a big in return (Miami-Haslem), and at the same time I think Utah would be happy with giving Milsap the starters reigns.

Rapt0rs
06-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I doubt Hedo opts out anyhow, but I'm not sure about Boozer...

lakers4sho
06-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Boozer IMO just goes for whatever's best for him financially.

Hedo I think is staying with the Magic, or at least the Magic would do everything to keep him.

AsiandudePH
06-13-2009, 12:58 AM
The Magic SHOULD do everything to keep Hedo. He's not just a shooter, but a playmaker as well, rebounds well and is very clutch. The things that he does for the Magic is hard to replace.

SlaterRaps
06-13-2009, 01:20 AM
I doubt Hedo opts out anyhow, but I'm not sure about Boozer...

Boozer already said he is opting out at the beginning of the season
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3777170

stensley
06-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Hedo will opt out but stay in Orlando with more $$, I think Boozer wants a chance at a ring and its not going to happen in Utah.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Hedo will opt out but stay in Orlando with more $$, I think Boozer wants a chance at a ring and its not going to happen in Utah.

Hedo's opt out clause was implemented for the purpose of getting a new deal. He deserve's more money than 7 mil.

GoatMilk
06-13-2009, 01:39 AM
this is why this was Orlando's only year to compete with this team.
Rashard's contract handicaps them. Along with Dwight's max contract and Nelson also has a big contract.
Hedo is gonna want more and Orlando simply can't keep him.
Hedo, He-gone

SaimoNETS
06-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Boozer said that he either wants to go to Detroit or New Jersey.

MagicDojo
06-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Rashard plays out of position at the four with the Magic. Because the only four we have is Battie. If we had Boozer then Rashard would move to a dominant 3 and move Hedo to the two guard spot. Can you imagine the match up nightmares that would cause.
Howard, Boozer, Lewis, Turk, and Nelson...

sep11ie
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Rashard plays out of position at the four with the Magic. Because the only four we have is Battie. If we had Boozer then Rashard would move to a dominant 3 and move Hedo to the two guard spot. Can you imagine the match up nightmares that would cause.

Can you explain how you could make that work? Have yoou heard of a salary cap? No, really...have you?

sep11ie
06-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Boozer said that he either wants to go to Detroit or New Jersey.

link???

SaimoNETS
06-13-2009, 02:03 PM
link???

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05312009/sports/moresports/gasol_is_getting_it_done_without_the_sho_171846.ht m?page=2

Apparently, rising free agent-of-choice Carlos Boozer is telling confidants he's either going to Detroit or New Jersey.

MPScribbles
06-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Hells yea! Then after we trade Tyrus Thomas for Amare, Ben Gordon for Brandon Roy and Loul Deng for AK47 then we can meet you guys in the ECF.

Rose, Roy, AK, Amare, Noah...BEAST

I just thought as long as we were throwing out things that won't happen that I'd play along.

Spencesc11
06-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Hedo will probably end up back in Sacramento. There is a good young nucleus and he can get more money and be the #1 star on that team.

Boozer is likely heading to Detroit. They are one of the only teams with significant cap room and no they can't wait till 2010 because the big boys are not leaving their team to come to Detroit.

Lebron - New York or Cleveland????
I say get him a title in Cleveland and you might keep him. He needs help (Chandler and R. Hamilton) would be perfect.

New Lineup
M Williams/D. Gibson
R. Hamilton/D. West
L. James
Chandler/J.J. Hickson
Ilgauskus/R. Wallace

Trade Ben Wallace to Detroit for Hamilton. Sign and trade Varejo and Pavlovic to New Orleans for Chandler.

He gets the rebounding and defense of Chandler and consistent scoring from the 2 guard of Hamilton. Plus if they could get R. Wallace to play one year and rotate minutes with Ilgauskus this team would be sick.

New Orleans gets rid of the Chandler contract, Detroit gets to retire Ben Wallace after next season and also gets cap room for 2010.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I think the Magic will be able to hold on to Hedo. The only reason he'd be out is because Orlando can't afford him after spending too much on Lewis.
Carlos Boozer might be leaving because Paul Milsap is a better power forward. Boozer has not performed well in the playoffs. He is eating up a lot of cap space that the Jazz will eventually need for Milsap.

MPScribbles
06-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Hedo will probably end up back in Sacramento. There is a good young nucleus and he can get more money and be the #1 star on that team.

Boozer is likely heading to Detroit. They are one of the only teams with significant cap room and no they can't wait till 2010 because the big boys are not leaving their team to come to Detroit.

Lebron - New York or Cleveland????
I say get him a title in Cleveland and you might keep him. He needs help (Chandler and R. Hamilton) would be perfect.

New Lineup
M Williams/D. Gibson
R. Hamilton/D. West
L. James
Chandler/J.J. Hickson
Ilgauskus/R. Wallace

Trade Ben Wallace to Detroit for Hamilton. Sign and trade Varejo and Pavlovic to New Orleans for Chandler.

He gets the rebounding and defense of Chandler and consistent scoring from the 2 guard of Hamilton. Plus if they could get R. Wallace to play one year and rotate minutes with Ilgauskus this team would be sick.

New Orleans gets rid of the Chandler contract, Detroit gets to retire Ben Wallace after next season and also gets cap room for 2010.

Some of that sounds pretty smart but what the hell does it have to do with what is being discussed in this thread? There are plenty of places where you can talk about James. This thread is supposed to be about Boozer and Hedo.

D-Amazins
06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow if the Nets can aquire Boozer & Get rid of Carter they can really have something going. Sign James/Wade/Melo and they would have a REALLY good squad. Obviously they could only sign one but im pretty sure they could find themselves a good SG someone like Crawford who can shoot lights out and is clutch. Wow that would be a great team

Harris
Crawford/FA
James/Wade/Melo
Boozer
Lopez