PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings: Rubio is "all hype" (video: post #23)

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 08:04 PM
In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.

All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.

Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head matchup this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.
Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.
Reporter: You think he's all hype?

Jennings: Yeah.

Reporter: Because?

Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.

And then there was this cherry on top:
Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Ruubio in the draft?
Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.

And there you have it. Can we officially say a rivalry is born because of this? We knew it was going to be the year of the point guard in the draft, but not only is that where we'll see the greatest talent, but it's also where we'll see the most interesting storylines develop

thoughts?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/25449/jennings_on_rubio_hes_all_hype

madiaz3
06-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I like how all he says is that he can shoot the ball better than him. As far as I know, Rubio's known for not only his passes, but defense and bball IQ. There will be plenty of good shooters in the league but not many guys who's game can truly run a team with a Jason Kidd kind of composure.

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
yeah. i bet jason kapono can shoot the ball better then rubio too. it doesnt mean hes a better playr then him. Rubio by far has a better bball IQ and is much better at leading his team and being a floor general

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
until Jennings really sets himself apart from his peers he needs to STFU

dee279
06-12-2009, 08:18 PM
And what did Brandon do oversees? Nothing. I like his talk though. Lets see if he can back it up.

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
id like to see how rubio responds to this. I hope he stands up for himself and continues the trash talk then embarrasses Jennings next year.

BigEric
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I think he got his words mixed up. He is overhyped, not all hype. He is a good passer, but who knows how well he can play night in and night out. Jennings is much much more talented than Rubio, only if Jennings had his head straight.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
we wont know until they actually play in the nba..

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I think he got his words mixed up. He is overhyped, not all hype. He is a good passer, but who knows how well he can play night in and night out. Jennings is much much more talented than Rubio, only if Jennings had his head straight.

i think u shud change the bold word to athletic. jennings is NOT more talented then Rubio. Rubio is a better ball handler, passer, shooter(even tho both arent very good shooters). He has far superior court vision, feel for the game, bball IQ.

Rubio is far superior to jennings in everyway except for athleticism.

BigEric
06-12-2009, 09:03 PM
You REALLY sure that he is a better shooter? You also sure he's a better ball handler, I mean your arguement isn't completely unbiased, as I see you covered in Rubio. We'll find out who is better in the NBA. You named that he is a better handler, passer, court vision , feel for the game, and IQ, which fall under the same category. I'm not rooting for Rubio to fail, and if he exceeds my expectations I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but for now I'm not buying into this hype.

LakersIn5
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
both of them are NOTHING right now. so they are pretty much equal right now. and i believe that rubio is overhyped. im not saying that he aint good im just saying that he isnt what people expect. hell sun yue is a better nba player right now. and yeah jennings is better

Ansy
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
And Zach Randolf is better than Bosh. I don't really care what players think of each other, because they're wrong so often.

jim51990
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
ive said this for two year jennings will be a big bust and hes just making himself luck like even more of an idiot

OC Knights #11
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
and your not? ****ing hate arrogant d-bag college players

Kyben36
06-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a fealing that he will be very troubled by how athletic the NBA is. Watching him, he doesnt have the speed that good NBA PGs have, Im not doubting his passing, or basketball IQ at all, but he seems like he could turn out to be kinda soft and slow to the NBA game.

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
mark my words:

when ricky rubio plays jennings in the nba, rubio will make jennings his housewife

Statik1
06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Jennings talks a whole lot of **** for not even making it to the league yet. I have read some stuff on Jennings and seems like he all ways has some little bit to say about Rubio. I think he is just jealous!

AI4MVP
06-12-2009, 10:02 PM
too be honest, im not taking anything away from Jennings. I think hes guna be a great player too and id be thrilled if he fell to my Suns at 14. i just think rubio is something special tho. thats all

lakersrock
06-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I'd rather have Ty Lawson.

Pran Raznor
06-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Sebastion Telfair shouldn't talk so much

Edit: I mean Brandon Jennings

IndyRealist
06-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Bah, the reporter set him up, and he took the bait. Poor coaching job by his agent. If a basketball player DOESN'T think he's the best thing since sliced bread, he probably doesn't belong in the NBA. I think they're both going to have a wakeup call next year, and it'll be 2-3 years before either of them contribute significantly.

theuuord
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
and your not? ****ing hate arrogant d-bag college players

good thing Brandon Jennings isn't a college player then...

Beno7500
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/brandon-jenning.html

It was after they worked out for the Kings.

Beno7500
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
He's laughin about it too and sounds like he's pretty serious.

da wood
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
we will see

Bucks24226
06-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Johnny Flynn is hilarious in the background i'd be overexcited to have Flynn or Jennings to be PG for the Bucks next year

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Jennings is either that good or that stupid .... hope Rubio is watching this

Beno7500
06-12-2009, 11:24 PM
im likin flynn more and more

dee279
06-12-2009, 11:45 PM
u need to STFU jennisgs untill u prove urself and then talk.....

I think the same goes to Rubio who wants to pick where he goes. He did ok in Spain but has done nothing in the NBA.

CowboysKB24
06-12-2009, 11:46 PM
I would not want Jennings on my team. He is immature and is creating drama before he enters the league. He hasn't proved anything. I know he is knocking Rubio real hard... does he understand when he gets in the league there is going to be back ups that can probably embarrass him. I don't think he will enjoy getting smashed like that by some one. He is immature and needs to have respect for fellow ballers. He is acting like a moron and a kid.

Flynn seems like he is mature and can handle himself in an interview unlike Gennings.

Mane
06-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Brandon Jennings, from this, and other stuff i've seen, is a total douche, and reallllly cocky.

Flynns ****ing hilarious though.

RaptorsFanatic
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM
One word: Jealousy.

FaceDown91
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM
NBA Fans, this is a definition of low basketball IQ. I said many times this guy is a bust and a dumb ****. I always hated Jennings and IMO, he was never good in the first place. Hope that guy is picked in the 2nd round because he does not deserve to be a top 10 guy at all.

CowboysKB24
06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Gennings doesn't realize that he is only hurting himself. He is putting more and more pressure on himself. He is immature and stupid for doing that. I hope some one puts him in his place when he gets into the NBA and smashes him in the interview after. He is dumb and I wouldn't want him on my team. Grow up kid and have respect for other ballers.

jim51990
06-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Sebastion Telfair shouldn't talk so much

Edit: I mean Brandon Jennings

haha so true

LakersIn5
06-12-2009, 11:54 PM
ricky rubio will be a jason williams at best. guys like deron,rose,big PGs will just push him around

Kyben36
06-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Does he think this is going to improve his draft stock.

BALLER71
06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Jennings is one of my favorite prospects coming into the draft. He has a higher ceiling than Rubio and he's more talented but I think Rubio will be a very consistent player.

randomness
06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Jennings = TJ Ford
Rubio = Chris Paul

Paul > Ford
Rubio > Jennings

True or false?

NYYankeesWin#27
06-13-2009, 10:44 AM
^ i dont think rubio=paul. i mean hes more of a nash but w/e

jimbobjarree
06-13-2009, 10:47 AM
haha hero

Knowledge
06-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Jennings is one of my favorite prospects coming into the draft. He has a higher ceiling than Rubio and he's more talented but I think Rubio will be a very consistent player.

i agree.

Brandon Jennings, from this, and other stuff i've seen, is a total douche, and reallllly cocky.

Flynns ****ing hilarious though.

what great player isnt really cocky. I remember Kobe being so arrogant and immature when he was younger, now people look at him as a role model to many of best players in the league today.

SB75
06-13-2009, 11:36 AM
You guys are bashing this kid for this. Although what he said was stupid, he simply wants to be the best pg in this draft. If his work ethic is as big as his mouth he'll do just fine. Jennings has something you can't coach, unheard of athleticism at the point guard spot. Rubio is the best player now, but if Jenning's ever gets his head on straight his potential is unlimited.:clap:

phila_gorilla
06-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Jennings stepped on his own toes when he talked about how Rubio played in the Olympics. Rubio played very well in the Olympics against the best of the best from the US. For crying out loud, he guarded Kobe as a 16-17 year old! More importantly he showed that as a teenager he can compete with America's best. What did Jennings show?

phila_gorilla
06-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Jennings = TJ Ford
Rubio = Chris Paul

Paul > Ford
Rubio > Jennings

True or false?

False. Seems to me that those are just random comparisons. CP3 compares to no one first of all. He's got it all. Second of all, I'd love to hear your basis for those comparisons. I'd hate to compare either to someone in the NBA since either of them have played in the NBA. I'd compare Rubio to an NBA player just cause he's at least played against them.

If anything, I'd compare Rubio to Jason Kidd. Neither are great shooters, but both play very nice defense and can really run an offense and make some ridiculous passes that people wouldn't even think about. (Paul does too, but he's a scorer as well. More so then Kidd or Rubio.)

As for Jennings, I'd compare him to Johnny Flynn because of how athletic they are at the PG position. They can also both shoot and run the floor well.

BUCSFORLIFE123
06-13-2009, 01:25 PM
yea i really think ricky rubio isnt going to be a great pg a good pg like jose calderon, but not great like chris paul or anythin like that jennings has more potential with his scoring ability

Kakaroach
06-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Dumb of Jennings to say this stuff. Why not keep your mouth shut and let your game do the trash-talking for you? If your so much better than Rubio, prove it by being drafted ahead of him and impressing scouts. No need to attack him through the media.
First this guys skips college to go play overseas, and now he is trash-talking before he is even drafted.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2009, 04:12 PM
For all we NBA fans know, Brandon Jennings is all hype.

TYoung21
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Thank you Jennings!!! Rubio is such garbage it's unbeleivable that he's projected top 5. He was horrific against USA

AI4MVP
06-13-2009, 05:45 PM
ricky rubio is the next jason kidd while brandon jennings is more like the next Von Wafer.

if brandon jennings reaches his potential, hes a potential all star.

if ricky rubio reaches his potential, hes a potential mvp candidate

BigEric
06-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I have a fealing that he will be very troubled by how athletic the NBA is. Watching him, he doesnt have the speed that good NBA PGs have, Im not doubting his passing, or basketball IQ at all, but he seems like he could turn out to be kinda soft and slow to the NBA game.

That is exactly what I'm saying. People can say Rubio has better IQ and passing, but athleticism comes first in the NBA. A department that Rubio doesn't excel in.

BigEric
06-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Jennings = TJ Ford
Rubio = Chris Paul

Paul > Ford
Rubio > Jennings

True or false?

False....

If Rubio can some how summon up athleticism than he'll be good. Calling him an MVP candidate is just foolish, in my opinion. If I'm wrong then I'll glady apologize. I know basketball and athleticism has to come first.

Corey
06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
ricky rubio will be a jason williams at best. guys like deron,rose,big PGs will just push him around

Isn't Rubio 6'3 or 6'4? It's not like he's small.

BenFrank
06-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Wasn't Jenning's the top college recruit comeing out of High School, and just decided to go oversea's to play.. the Mcdonald's all american game, he did mostly passes and was vary good at it.. this kid is better than some people are giving him credit for.. i can't wait to see how thay do against each other in the league.. should make for some good game's.. He said when he played against Rubio.. he had 0 points.. 2 assist.. and 2 turnover's.. if that's true, than that's what it is.

Giaps
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
This guy's personality rubs me the wrong way.... reminds me of Marbury.

td0tsfinest
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
it's funny, cause I really think Brandon Jennings is all hype

AI4MVP
06-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Wasn't Jenning's the top college recruit comeing out of High School, and just decided to go oversea's to play.. the Mcdonald's all american game, he did mostly passes and was vary good at it.. this kid is better than some people are giving him credit for.. i can't wait to see how thay do against each other in the league.. should make for some good game's.. He said when he played against Rubio.. he had 0 points.. 2 assist.. and 2 turnover's.. if that's true, than that's what it is.

that was rubio first game back from a wrist injury. he played 9 minutes in that game.

id like to see them match up when rubio is at full strength.

but once again, u cant compare them when rubio only played less then a quarter and coming back from a wrist injury

BenFrank
06-13-2009, 07:17 PM
We'll that's different, I didn't kno that.. I just can't wait to see him in the league.. I'm a pg's type of guy.. so all these future projects is exciting to me

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
screw rubio..he is hype.

Beno7500
06-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I do think Jennings is better than Rubio

JDizzle
06-13-2009, 10:58 PM
jennings needs to just shut up

JayW_1023
06-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Reminds me of Marbury's claim of being better than Kidd.

Reddd
06-14-2009, 02:12 PM
He should be quiet and let his game do the talking.
So far in Europe, he has done nothing worth noticing but I guess the 09-10 season will show.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 04:07 PM
man this kid is so stupid........

o yeah Rubio didnt do impressive game against him.
yeah big deal.

does he mention it was the first game rubio was playing after 4 months out with a wrist injury?????????

BullsNumber1Fan
06-14-2009, 04:30 PM
man this kid is so stupid........

o yeah Rubio didnt do impressive game against him.
yeah big deal.

does he mention it was the first game rubio was playing after 4 months out with a wrist injury?????????

Ok, we know you are the most biased person towards Spainish players. There is no need to post in here because no matter what, you are going to attempt to protect Rubio.

Beno7500
06-14-2009, 04:42 PM
haha ^

AI4MVP
06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
jennings is a ****ing dumbass. he was like "yeah we played about the same amount of minutes"

jennings played a intl league career high 30 mins while Rubio played 9 minutes. I know he wasnt smart enough to go to college but my 2 year old cousin knows that 30 doesnt equal 9

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:05 PM
facts

Jouventut > rome (go check in wikipedia if youar enot sure)

starting at jouventut> filling the bench at rome.

spanish league>italian league.

chris paul>>>>>>>any kid in open mcdonalds

facing paul, deron and kidd and not being ridiculed >>>>>>>>>dominating high school kids.

5 years being pro > 1 year being pro.

case closed, shut up dumbass.

LayZbone
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
lol, Jennings is the ****. reminds me of shaq, he doesn't hold back.

pmmr2113
06-14-2009, 05:31 PM
facts

facing paul, deron and kidd and not being ridiculed >>>>>>>>>dominating high school kids.

for once!!!! i agree with you!
what is with all the rubio hate? is it the new cool thing to do??
the kid is going to be something special.... jennings will be a bust

mikantsass
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
International players are real overrated. Yes they are good against competition in Germany and Spain and France etc. but the NBA is a whole different league. The players are bigger, faster, stronger and wayyyy better than anywhere else. I dont see any LeBrons, shaqs, kobes, garnetts, jordans, barkleys etc popping up anywhere else....

Rubio is going to **** his pants when he has to play against CP3 and D Williams and Rondo. And when he takes it in the lane against Garnett and Howard and Okafor, forget about it.

I cant stand the hype these international players recieve just because the NBA wants to grow the league. The reality is that MAYBE 2% of all international players belong in the NBA. NONE of them play any defense, yes it may be awesome to watch a 7 foot 1 guy shoot 40% from 3pt land, but he will never win a championship without playing DEFENSE

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
yeah it seems the cool thing to do nowdays.

maybe im wrong but if his name was ricky blonde and came from nebraska and coach k decided he was good enoug to play in the olympics even god would be jealous about what fans and media would be talking about him.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
International players are real overrated. Yes they are good against competition in Germany and Spain and France etc. but the NBA is a whole different league. The players are bigger, faster, stronger and wayyyy better than anywhere else. I dont see any LeBrons, shaqs, kobes, garnetts, jordans, barkleys etc popping up anywhere else....

Rubio is going to **** his pants when he has to play against CP3 and D Williams and Rondo. And when he takes it in the lane against Garnett and Howard and Okafor, forget about it.

I cant stand the hype these international players recieve just because the NBA wants to grow the league. The reality is that MAYBE 2% of all international players belong in the NBA. NONE of them play any defense, yes it may be awesome to watch a 7 foot 1 guy shoot 40% from 3pt land, but he will never win a championship without playing DEFENSE

Are you stupid or simply racist?

International players play no d? how bout Scola, Nocioni, Varejao, Deng.

Internationals never win rings?

Yeah oh my bad i forgot Manu Ginobili is from kentucky and Tony parker is from Omaha and Toni Kukoc is from Philadelphia

also Pau Gasol is from Sausalito and Sash vujacic is from notrth plate, oh well maybe they lose to Turkoglu who we all know comes rom san francisco and pietrus a well known guy born in Austin.

DerekRE_3
06-14-2009, 05:40 PM
yeah it seems the cool thing to do nowdays.

maybe im wrong but if his name was ricky blonde and came from nebraska and coach k decided he was good enoug to play in the olympics even god would be jealous about what fans and media would be talking about him.

Eh I doubt it...most white kids from Nebraska aren't great in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:43 PM
oh one mor thing i didnt watch Rubio poppuing his nappers in the OLYMPIC FINALS against team usa , cp3 and kidd and paul

What i did see was coach K scared to death calling a time out with 4 minutes to play when they were just 1 point over spain.

Did you know the the ORIGINAL and NEVER TO BE EQUALLED DREAM TEAM on 92 didnt call a single time out in the whole olympics?

Thw world has caught up, and it wont stop get used to it.

in 20 years half the allstars wont be american and in 40 years you shall sea some Lebrons and Kobes coming out of Gambia or Thailand or wherever.

If you hate the rest of the world so much stick to Nfl , there you are GRANTED to have an all american stars thng since nobody in the rest of the worl dplays the game.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Eh I doubt it...most white kids from Nebraska aren't great in the NBA.

i could have said anywhere else with a prominent white guys population.

Said Nebraska because im right now listening to Springsteen and that album :)

mikantsass
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Are you stupid or simply racist?

International players play no d? how bout Scola, Nocioni, Varejao, Deng.

Internationals never win rings?

Yeah oh my bad i forgot Manu Ginobili is from kentucky and Tony parker is from Omaha and Toni Kukoc is from Philadelphia

also Pau Gasol is from Sausalito and Sash vujacic is from notrth plate, oh well maybe they lose to Turkoglu who we all know comes rom san francisco and pietrus a well known guy born in Austin.

Oh yeah i forgot Scola Nocioni Varejao and Deng are truly the NBAs elite. I'll give you the Spurs, they have the three internationals that belong in the NBA.

You are making my point for me.

Would you rather have a team of Gasol, Vujacic, Turkoglu and pietrus.
or Garnett, Wade, Pierce, and S Jax???

If you take the Gasol team than you are plain dumb.

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
i would take this team

Parker, Ginobili, Dirk, Pau ,Ming

but you know there is something called salary cap dont you????

oh so only the euros in Spurs belogn in the league?

Get lost dude.l

mikantsass
06-14-2009, 06:06 PM
i would take this team

Parker, Ginobili, Dirk, Pau ,Ming

but you know there is something called salary cap dont you????

oh so only the euros in Spurs belogn in the league?

Get lost dude.l

Really?? whats a salary cap? is that something you wear on your head?

I was simply comparing the pathetic international players in the finals that you mentioned to americans that play the same positions. Just because they are in the finals doesnt make them good. Vujacic is probably the worst player on the lakers. His game is horrible and he runs around pounding his chest like he is the hardest in the game. Give me a break dude. The Internationals hands down dont compare to americans in the NBA.

FYI only one of the internationals on the Spurs is euro.
Duncan is from the islands and manu is from argentina.

theuuord
06-14-2009, 06:08 PM
I mean, international players are great and all, but I'd take a lineup of Paul, Wade, James, Duncan, and Howard over any lineup in the world...

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Really?? whats a salary cap? is that something you wear on your head?

I was simply comparing the pathetic international players in the finals that you mentioned to americans that play the same positions. Just because they are in the finals doesnt make them good. Vujacic is probably the worst player on the lakers. His game is horrible and he runs around pounding his chest like he is the hardest in the game. Give me a break dude. The Internationals hands down dont compare to americans in the NBA.

FYI only one of the internationals on the Spurs is euro.
Duncan is from the islands and manu is from argentina.

Oh i guess Pau Gasol ahs nothing to do about the lakers success

mikantsass
06-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Gasol puts the Lakers from a 2nd round exit to making the Finals. Not once has Gasol said to himself "i cant let my team lose, i have to put the team on my back and carry them". That is the intensity, toughness, and attitude that foreign players lack. Either that or they don't have the talent to make it happen.

Listen i think Gasol is a nice player. He is in that 2% of internationals that can play in the NBA. But I wouldnt take him if i were starting a team. There are so many other better PF in the game that i'd rather have.

Nate David+ Co.
06-14-2009, 07:03 PM

gasol is good i agree but he lacks the entensitty that american players have. its probably cuz he didn't have to work his *** off. Alot of NBA players are street kids, the nba is there only opertunety to money. maybe you don't know that livin in spian...........:D
gasol can't carry a team. he feeds off of kobe.
if kobe dosent do well, then gasol dosen't do well.
Gasol is a good role player

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
if Pau has a ****** game lakers tend to lose.....go watch the Rockets and Nuggets series.

If Pau has a good game lakers win.

KObe always has " good games" and scores 25-30 because he just shoots enough to make the stats happens.

and about intensity....io dont know he seemed pretty intense on the last two games against denver and trough all the finals.

and he has led spain to some awards playing intese too.

lakers4sho
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
oh one mor thing i didnt watch Rubio poppuing his nappers in the OLYMPIC FINALS against team usa , cp3 and kidd and paul

What i did see was coach K scared to death calling a time out with 4 minutes to play when they were just 1 point over spain.

Did you know the the ORIGINAL and NEVER TO BE EQUALLED DREAM TEAM on 92 didnt call a single time out in the whole olympics?

Thw world has caught up, and it wont stop get used to it.

in 20 years half the allstars wont be american and in 40 years you shall sea some Lebrons and Kobes coming out of Gambia or Thailand or wherever.

If you hate the rest of the world so much stick to Nfl , there you are GRANTED to have an all american stars thng since nobody in the rest of the worl dplays the game.

spoken like a true hombre!!! :cool:

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
of course it may be that gasol does not look so intense just because.....you compare him to Kobe who happens to be the most intese " i want to win and you can see it in my face" dude after MJ.

lakers4sho
06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Seriously, I wonder why people label certain prospects as "busts" without even having seeing half of their games other than YouTube clips.

I guess these people are better than actual NBA scouts :shrug:

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 07:14 PM
^yeah i dont understand it, never will

it specially drives me crazy how people bahses euro prospects.

i mean.

last eyar there was a dude that even wore on his sig that Marc Gasol woudl be a nice role player like Oberto..........

He didnt care i told him at worst he woudl be a decent sixth man and in best cas scenario he could be a 15ppg 10 rpg dude.

Right now who is more close to reality in his prediction?

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
and for the record , for those who say i overate spanish players.

whenever Fran vazquez goes to Orlando ( maybe this same season) he will Bust.

nad im not too mcuh sold on Victor Claver.

Kid Fabulous
06-14-2009, 07:22 PM
now do you guys really know if rubio is that better of a player? why? cause bspn says so? really how many games have you seen him play in? i only know of the olympics and highlights. i know we arent all sittign around watching spanish league games. people barely watch the nba around here. c'mon now. darko pt 2.

Nate David+ Co.
06-14-2009, 07:38 PM
if Pau has a ****** game lakers tend to lose.....go watch the Rockets and Nuggets series.

If Pau has a good game lakers win.

KObe always has " good games" and scores 25-30 because he just shoots enough to make the stats happens.

and about intensity....io dont know he seemed pretty intense on the last two games against denver and trough all the finals.

and he has led spain to some awards playing intese too.

pau is not intense. kg is intense. gasol isn't a bad player its just that euros tend not to be a good players. gasol,parker,turk, and dirk belong in the nba. but none of them are game changers. none of them can carry a team ala lbj,dwade3,kb24. or even ray alllen.kg or pierce. its cuz american players want it more. they have worked harder to get where they are...

Hellcrooner
06-14-2009, 07:50 PM
now do you guys really know if rubio is that better of a player? why? cause bspn says so? really how many games have you seen him play in? i only know of the olympics and highlights. i know we arent all sittign around watching spanish league games. people barely watch the nba around here. c'mon now. darko pt 2.

i actually watch him 20 to 30 games a season, just as i watched, pau or navarro, or rudy, or oberto or scola, macijauskas, jasikevicius. or CHARLIE BELL etc etc.

i guess I may have some hints ABOUT IF A PLAYER that does good or bad in spain can or cant do good in nba?

ive been worng two times tough, i thought jasikevicius would do good and didnt and though scola wouldnt do good and did, but in the other cases i was accurate enough.

theuuord
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
and for the record , for those who say i overate spanish players.

whenever Fran vazquez goes to Orlando ( maybe this same season) he will Bust.

nad im not too mcuh sold on Victor Claver.

wasn't fran vasquez drafted like four years ago?

not much of a prediction.

sciferguy
06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
International players are great players because they have all the mechanics coaches want. They are usually great shooters and are superior technically.

American players are athletically gifted and have basketball in their blood.

The more basketball grows the better these international players are going to get. I believe this kid Rubio might be the first international player to be a top tier player. I am not saying he will now, I am saying he has the potential to.

Greatest international player of all time so far = Arvydas Sabonis

theuuord
06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
International players are great players because they have all the mechanics coaches want. They are usually great shooters and are superior technically.

American players are athletically gifted and have basketball in their blood.

The more basketball grows the better these international players are going to get. I believe this kid Rubio might be the first international player to be a top tier player. I am not saying he will now, I am saying he has the potential to.

Greatest international player of all time so far = Arvydas Sabonis

Sabonis was a very, very good center, but.......no.

montazingmvp
06-15-2009, 12:08 AM
hellcrooner don't let these guys get to you...they don't know what they're talking about...

they don't realize europe's best athletes are playing soccer not basketball...but as basketball becomes more popular you will see some great athletes coming out of europe (rudy)....

to be real basketball is about as popular in europe as cricket is here in america.

i think its a testament to european athletes that countries like spain are already so good...

Hellcrooner
06-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Sabonis was good...nt came to late to thej league

i wouldnt put him over Petrovic, Divac or kukoc theri contemporaines and by no means was he better than Manu, Parker, Dirk or Pau.

AI4MVP
06-15-2009, 02:46 AM
facts

haha bro me and u gota stick together!! ruuuhh beee ohhh

AI4MVP
06-15-2009, 02:57 AM

k ur a dumbass. how many games have YOU seen him play? exactly. If ur gettting on me for sayin hes the **** when u think i havent seen him play, then why do u say hes "darko pt. 2" when you havent seen him play either?

ur a perfect example of stupid.

whatever. keep hattin guys. just wait til this kid gets in the nba. he'll be in the class of the cp3's, d will, d roses, and rondos

borat
06-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Gets bigger and stronger and the sky will be the limit for this kid.

pmmr2113
06-15-2009, 03:24 AM
I think Rubio will be a bigger version of Nash minus the 3 pt. shooting but better defensive skills.
He can get to the rim at will, but will need to bulk up to be able to do that in NBA with more consistency.

Hellcrooner
06-15-2009, 03:29 AM
^in fact the troubelis not 3pot shooting ( 40% thsi season)

but his midrange shot tha tis not so good......

( but good enough to score 52 points and get 20 rebounds and 20 assists, in a youth euro final agaionst people his age....)

AI4MVP
06-15-2009, 04:20 AM
lets put it this way. hes shooting mechanics are much better then rondo or derrick rose

Vinny642
06-15-2009, 04:37 AM
i kno none of these pgs(in this years draft) will b as good as cp3 dwill or drose. but i think rubio is rly overhyped

TheDiggler
06-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Brandon Jennings is right !

Close thread.

azkarraga
06-15-2009, 05:11 AM
the kid just tries to selfpromote, nothing wrong about it. but still, rubio is a very good player.

BigEric
06-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Look, dude, we aren't comparing these guys based on Europe. Jennings is much better suited for the NBA because in the NBA it's almost all athletics. No doubt in my mind that Rubio will be something, but Jennings is just so much more athletic. You can rag on his passing and IQ or whatever, but that hasn't fully been on display yet. With athletics, it's either you have it or you don't. Not saying Rubio isn't athletic but Jennings is in another league in that category. To say Rubio is so much better because of what happened in Europe of the Olymics is just foolish. Just wait until they are both in the NBA.