PDA

View Full Version : Guys who come back in the playoffs when they haven't played in a while

JordansBulls
06-12-2009, 07:36 PM
What are your thoughts on guys who come back in the playoffs when they haven't played in a while?

I just don't think it benefits the team at all for a player to come back in the playoffs if they have been out 30+ games at the end of the year. A team like Orlando got to the finals without Jameer, so why play him in the Finals? To me that killed Orlando and it's chemistry. This would have been the same case with KG had he came back or Manu or any other star that was out significant time.

i.got.the.nutz
06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Meh I think if KG was healthy he would've helped out the Celtics for sure. His impact would have been mostly on the defensive end. I its definitely harder to come back as a pg rather than a big man like KG.

LakersIn5
06-12-2009, 08:46 PM
with or without nelson i doubt the outcome will change

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I think it ruins team chemistry and disrupts the flow of the offense...

Rafer Alston & Anthony Johnson were doing a pretty good job; VanGundy shouldve stuck with the guys that got him to the big show. Playing Nelson in limited minutes wouldve been cool but he overdid it

lakers4sho
06-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Meh I think if KG was healthy he would've helped out the Celtics for sure. His impact would have been mostly on the defensive end. I its definitely harder to come back as a pg rather than a big man like KG.

Probably against Bulls but not against better teams like Orlando and/or Cleveland.

Just like how Nelson isn't as effective right now as he used to be.

IndyRealist
06-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I understand being loyal to your player. And I understand a player wanting to be part of it. But Nelson's out of shape. His shot is off. He's half a step slower. He's not the only reason the Magic are losing, but he's definitely not helping.

JordansBulls
06-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I understand being loyal to your player. And I understand a player wanting to be part of it. But Nelson's out of shape. His shot is off. He's half a step slower. He's not the only reason the Magic are losing, but he's definitely not helping.

See I've felt that Rafer plays better at home but terrible on the road.

AsiandudePH
06-13-2009, 01:05 AM
What are your thoughts on guys who come back in the playoffs when they haven't played in a while?

I just don't think it benefits the team at all for a player to come back in the playoffs if they have been out 30+ games at the end of the year. A team like Orlando got to the finals without Jameer, so why play him in the Finals? To me that killed Orlando and it's chemistry. This would have been the same case with KG had he came back or Manu or any other star that was out significant time.

I agree that having Jameer play massive minutes despite him coming off of a major injury really disrupted the Magic's chemistry. Play him a little, maybe, but to play him lots of minutes is insane.

I don't agree, though, with KG. If he came back, he might have helped the C's more than he could have hurt them. Offensively, the other players around him could make up for the loss points that he could give and KG could have concentrated more on interior defense, which the Celtics clearly didn't have with him out.

stensley
06-13-2009, 01:30 AM
I think you bring some guys back during the playoffs depending on how long they have been out but there is no way you bring someone who's been out for over 4 months, during the finals series, maybe you can get away with it in 1st or 2nd round but not in the finals

GoatMilk
06-13-2009, 01:42 AM
its not like the Lakers are underdogs to Orlando.
It's like we're shocked L.A. is up 3-1.

It's not Jameer's fault. If Lee makes that layup and Dwight makes a FT, despite Jameer's subpar play and Rafer's lack of minutes in 2 games, it's 3-1 Orlando and no one is complaining.

TmacBryant
06-13-2009, 04:50 AM

i think they played jameer because JAMEER RAPED the lakers during the season. but fortunately for the lakers jameer is not as fast as he used to be and he is not as confident as he used to be. alston has been doing good, but lakers and orlando would make it to game 7 if they had the old jameer.

MagicDojo
06-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I think it ruins team chemistry and disrupts the flow of the offense...

Rafer Alston & Anthony Johnson were doing a pretty good job; VanGundy shouldve stuck with the guys that got him to the big show. Playing Nelson in limited minutes wouldve been cool but he overdid it

I agree, Vangundy broke down a rotation that had sucessfully gotten us through 20 playoff games. AJ was often playing better than Alston and was averaging more points and assists then Nelson is. I love Jameer but to sit AJ completely with as much success he had in the first 3 rounds....bad call.
Jameer is not Jameer right now....he was averaging over 12 shots agame before. Now he is tentative instead of aggressive. And VanGundy for some dam reason played him the whole 4th and ot....all he did was let Fisher shoot a wide open 3. Alston and Johnson are bigger and better defenders thatn Jameer in that situation.

JordansBulls
06-13-2009, 02:24 PM
i think they played jameer because JAMEER RAPED the lakers during the season. but fortunately for the lakers jameer is not as fast as he used to be and he is not as confident as he used to be. alston has been doing good, but lakers and orlando would make it to game 7 if they had the old jameer.

But to not have played in 3 months on the highest stage doesn't mean he will play well.