PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Players And The Knicks

RaptorsFanatic
06-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Anyone tired of hearing everyone on this forum talk about big name players going to NY to play in 2010. I know they are all rumors, but NY isn't the only team in the league. Players like Lebron, Kobe, Amare, Bosh, Nash, etc. have all been rumored to go to the Knicks. Most recently Kobe.

HONESTLY, its annoying the hell out of me.
:mad:

madiaz3
06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I would be annoyed too if it was a superstar on my team that was being talked about leaving.

dtmagnet
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
It is not the fault of NY fans, nor is the organization doing anything wrong by preparing to sign free agents, but yes it really is getting old.

D-Leethal
06-12-2009, 07:13 PM
thats the reality of it, big time players want big time cities and NY is the biggest city we can offer

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 08:26 PM
only people that are tired of it are scared homers shook that their superstars might leave for bigger & better places.

Real talk, you can't blame um for wanting a taste of the big apple

Giaps
06-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Not to be an dick, but it is probably annoying to those who's teams are not mentioned. NY is the most talked about because they are pretty much the only team in the league with no superstar (you can go check). Other teams like Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey/Brooklyn are mentioned often as well.

Lizard King
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I used to care, and argue like a mad man over it, but now I could care less. It's just talk. Bulls fans are always talking about Wade, Bosh, and Amar'e, so I'd be a total hypocrite if I complained about the Knicks talking about the exact same subject.

Ansy
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
only people that are tired of it are scared homers shook that their superstars might leave for bigger & better places.

Not true. I'm a Blazers fan and I'm sick of it. It's not jealousy, it's apathy. I don't give a damn if LeBron leaves, but I have to hear about it seemingly every time I want to watch PTI.

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Not true. I'm a Blazers fan and I'm sick of it. It's not jealousy, it's apathy. I don't give a damn if LeBron leaves, but I have to hear about it seemingly every time I want to watch PTI.

well you don't have to hear it... you could just choose to change the channel. Only reason its talked about so much is cause of the attention the subject grabs.

All eyes on NY

Damn this great wonderful city! Bright lights shine brighter ova here :smoking: darn this city :rolleyes:

Ansy
06-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Well, yes, I could change the channel instead of watching one of my favorite shows. That's not really my point though.

It would be a lot different if there were actual updates, reports from agents or players or something. But it's all speculation, and it's basically the same thing getting drummed up over and over again at this point. When there's actually news I'll be interested.

Giaps
06-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Well, yes, I could change the channel instead of watching one of my favorite shows. That's not really my point though.

It would be a lot different if there were actual updates, reports from agents or players or something. But it's all speculation, and it's basically the same thing getting drummed up over and over again at this point. When there's actually news I'll be interested.
The Knicks are also taking the most drastic measures for 2010 so that has a lot to do with it. The Crawford-Randolph trades on the same day, arguably their 2 best players, for 2010 cap space was major news. You also have to understand that a lot of players are playing up to it, so the hype continues: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Nash, Stoudemire, Kidd etc etc...

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 09:47 PM

ok I can respect that... the repetitiveness is getting to you

------------------------------

one time just to be a d*** 2010 2010 2010 knicks knicks knicks

(ok it's out my system for about 5 minutes)

broncofangene
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
The New York Knicks?? Isn't that where NBA players go to die and collect huge amounts of money.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't even think Lebron would leave for NY anyways.

What can NY offer James that Cleveland can't?

And as for Bosh, Wade and Amar'e, Wade will stay in Miami, Bosh will probably get S & T BC can't get him to resign, and as for Amar'e, he might even get traded this season.

I would think Amar'e is the most likely to go to NY.

Giaps
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Beside a supporting cast that is comparable, if not better in 2 years, there is this: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/entertainment/does-big-apple-hold-key-lebrons-b-quest/

Not saying he will come to NY, but there are many good reasons why he would.

IndyRealist
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah. Because like was said previously, it isn't news it's speculation. If Lebron bought a condo in Manhattan, that'd be news. If there was a Youtube video of him wearing a Knicks jersey, I might wonder.

But they got nothing, they're just pandering to the audience. It's a Pavlovian response, they say "Lebron" and "New York" in the same sentence, and people start drooling. Or screaming at the TV. But the point is that you're watching.

Mane
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah it does get kinda annoying.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Beside a supporting cast that is comparable, if not better in 2 years, there is this: http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/markets/industries/entertainment/does-big-apple-hold-key-lebrons-b-quest/

Not saying he will come to NY, but there are many good reasons why he would.

He's on TV every week.

You don't think that if he stays in Cleveland, he won't get seen as much as in NY.

Lebron is on every damn sports channell every day and has so much sponsor deals.

He is already the biggest publicity star in the NBA. It doesn't matter where he will be because he will still be seen.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
^add to mine

A Chinese group just bought a part of the Cavs.

Now Lebron pretty much has all Chinese basketball fans in his hand.

TopsyTurvy
06-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and I'm not tired of it at all. I want New York to have the best team possible to make the games THAT much sweeter when the Bulls win.

Kidding aside, I think the Knicks as franchise are under appreciated and would love to see them land some talent and go on a strong run. What better time than 2010??

Red222
06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm a Bulls fan and I'm not tired of it at all. I want New York to have the best team possible to make the games THAT much sweeter when the Bulls win.

Kidding aside, I think the Knicks as franchise are under appreciated and would love to see them land some talent and go on a strong run. What better time than 2010??

they are overrated as a franchise and i hate them and if lebron comes to chi its over for the league.

ko8e24
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Center Chris Dudley is pondering a return to the National Basketball Association. Dudley had this to say about a possible return to the game, and possibly the NY Knicks.

Dudley: I love this game, I love the Knicks, and I feel my experience, ability to shoot the basketball, and score will make me a great asset in Coach D'Antoni's system. Hopefully, I can be a role model to some of the young guys of today's game, most notably Eddy Curry. (AP)

Guys, if this is true, I don't think Lebron is going to be needed in 2010.

RaptorsFanatic
06-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Its funny how I made this thread and all the Knicks fans are here defending.
I had no intention to BLAME the fans, the organization, the city, the management, or the players. I was just annoyed of the fact that it was the only team mentioned to get the biggest names, and yes it does hurt when the superstar on your team is mentioned in trade rumors.

* Just a personal opinion: From the way it seems, I think NY Fans have a huge ego issue. Its all love though, just a personal opinion.

Lizard King
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Here's how I see this situation. Whether or not the Knicks get LeBron, they're going to be a playoff team for the 2010-11 season. They have a ton of cap space, and will sign at least one star, whether it be Stoudemire, Bosh, Johnson, Allen, etc. It doesn't have to be LeBron, but with him being the biggest prize, and New York being the biggest market with a ton of cap space, people can't help it but bring up the possibility.

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I had no intention to BLAME the fans, the organization, the city, the management, or the players. I was just annoyed of the fact that it was the only team mentioned to get the biggest names, and yes it does hurt when the superstar on your team is mentioned in trade rumors.

* Just a personal opinion: From the way it seems, I think NY Fans have a huge ego issue. Its all love though, just a personal opinion.

it has nothing to do with ego when your city is the best

TRU2orange&blu
06-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Look ... truth of the matter is the NBA is in dire need of a change. I do not say this because I am a die hard Knicks fan ... but ... honestly, who wouldn't want big name superstars gracing their teams roster. Of course it's talked about because it's a big deal. MSG, the mecca, needs a leader as much as the NBA needs a shakeup of rosters. Quite frankly, what else is there to discuss? If you are tired of hearing about it, it's simple, your team is just not in the running. I personally love the drama and can't wait till July 1, 2010 WOOOOOOOOO

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 12:05 AM

Whatever you say homeboy. :sleep:

Mckphins
06-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Huh wats up with the first post? When was kobe recently talked about going to new york?

Trouble87
06-13-2009, 12:11 AM
they are overrated as a franchise and i hate them and if lebron comes to chi its over for the league.

overrated as a franchise? says the guy who reps for a team that rode Jordan to 6 championships then fizzled out... what has your team done before 1991 and after 1998?

We're rebuilding much like your own franchise whose glory days are also behind them. Going threw a rough patch doesn't suddenly make a franchise overrated.

----------------------------------

At the end of the day most (not all) of the people mad/frustrated/tired are just bitter haters

NYtilIdie
06-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Because NY will have 60 mil to spend thats enough for 2 all stars thats 30 mil each plus endorsement deals and most players are looking to get paid (Lebron) so wheres the biggest market at? In NY. You get to play in greatest and most famous arena in the U.S MSG. The same place where Jordan and Ewing made magic happen on that court and Lebron, Wade,Bosh,Amare can be part of that. Plus we have the smartest fans in the NBA;)

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Huh wats up with the first post? When was kobe recently talked about going to new york?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372017

NYtilIdie
06-13-2009, 12:20 AM
overrated as a franchise? says the guy who reps for a team that rode Jordan to 6 championships then fizzled out... what has your team done before 1991 and after 1998?

We're rebuilding much like your own franchise whose glory days are also behind them. Going threw a rough patch doesn't suddenly make a franchise overrated.

At the end of the day most (not all) of the people mad/frustrated/tired are just bitter haters

Preach on brotha! preach on

YankeeFan89
06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
It's not as annoying as brett favre news...

dos132
06-13-2009, 12:25 AM
i think lebron will go to NY...

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:28 AM
well you don't have to hear it... you could just choose to change the channel. Only reason its talked about so much is cause of the attention the subject grabs.

All eyes on NY

Damn this great wonderful city! Bright lights shine brighter ova here :smoking: darn this city :rolleyes:

Just be greatful you dont live on the BEST AND GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD................LOS ANGELES!!!:cool:

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:33 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Times a million:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM

I knew youd agree with me Los Angeles is the best thank you sir..

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:38 AM

new york has nothing to be hated for, at all!

29$JerZ
06-13-2009, 12:38 AM
The New York Knicks?? Isn't that where NBA players go to die and collect huge amounts of money.

Clippers are the NBa teams where careers die, not NY. If your talking about collecting huge money that is no longer an option here unless your a star thanks to Donnie Walsh.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Anyone tired of hearing everyone on this forum talk about big name players going to NY to play in 2010. I know they are all rumors, but NY isn't the only team in the league. Players like Lebron, Kobe, Amare, Bosh, Nash, etc. have all been rumored to go to the Knicks. Most recently Kobe.

I'm gonna guess you read my Kobe to NY in 2010 thread and got aggravated. I'm not sick of it b/c I'm from NY. There's a huge anti-NY sentiment on the
PSD, so I'm not surprised at all when I see these troll/bait threads around.

Just deal with fact, New York is the biggest sports market in the world. Big name players being linked here is just the nature of the business. There are plenty of players who shy away from the spot light and avoid NY like the plague...then there are others who's dream is to wear a New York Knicks Jerzey and play at the Garden (the worlds most famous arena).

Some people on here are DENSE b/c they don't understand the simple concept of why its SPECIAL to play for the Knicks and other NY sports franchises.

If your sick of hearing rumors of big name players being linked to the NY Knicks, I suggest you turn off all your electronic devices or move to the are they film "Ice Road Truckers" cuz its not going away. The Knicks have been hamstrung with salary cap issues, and now that there is some light at the end of the cap space tunnel, fans and athletes alike understand that New York can, for the first time in a long time, sign a few big free agents outright.

I'll tell you what's annoying, you out of towners visiting our town, then mindlessly gazing up at the sky as you and your family of 9, walk through a busy intersection wearing matching t shirts.

May the voices of rumored speculative free agents, linked to New York, haunt you for the rest of your days on Earth.

29$JerZ
06-13-2009, 12:49 AM
I find the talk to be humorous. Mainly because we still have a season to go next year and people are peggin in 2010 already despite this off-season being our most crucial.

I find the Brett Favre story to be more annoying than the LeBron-Knicks talks actually.

We are the only team with no star, we are in a position to completely rebuild our team in 2010 since only 3-5 players will have guaranteed contracts by then (3 hopefully if Jared/Eddy can be traded or opt out)

NY has a lot to offer so no one say Cleveland can match anything NY can. Not true but I won't start any fights, its 2009 not 2010. Just because a small chinese organization bought a share of the Cavs doesn't mean LeBron will be exposed more. Yao and Kobe will still be the Top 2 players regarded their. What Cleveland needs to do is surround him with another star/2nd option a.s.a.p. or risk losing him for nothing.

Knicks are in a position to get him, doesn't mean me will. Haven't had Cap space in ages so try to understand why a lot of fans are excited about 2010. Not everyone is given at least a star or up and coming talent to appreciate and had to endure Isiah/Layden.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
^add to mine

A Chinese group just bought a part of the Cavs.

Now Lebron pretty much has all Chinese basketball fans in his hand.

Do you know how many chinese groups exist in the world? do you realize how huge the chinese population is in NY??? There would be a flood of Chinese companies who could do business with him and the Knicks if he came to NY.

Lets stop acting like he could reach his full marketing potential anywhere else but NY. Not even LA could give him all the options NY could offer. He could be famous in any city and put that place on the map, but NY is as good as it gets on planet earth if you wanna make something or someone popular.

get to know it.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 12:58 AM

Nobody is going to Chi b/c nobody wants to live in the shadow of Mike. Its gonna take a while. I don't see wade going there, and there is no mystique to playing in Chicago. If anything, Chicago's an overrated franchise, its era of importance to the league came and went with one player.

abe_froman
06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
sometimes it can be,but not really annoyed all that much.fans needs something to hope for/day dream about,the media needs something(positive)to talk about concerning the club...and while i dont think the biggest names like kobe or wade are showing up to save them,i do think guys like bosh,amare or lower '10 fa's like gay,will look to cash into max deals where they might not otherwise get it,and are realistic possibilities

reminds me of how knick fans every year they had a lotto pick would go around saying how stern would rig the draft for them(...and how it never came to be)

abe_froman
06-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Nobody is going to Chi b/c nobody wants to live in the shadow of Mike. Its gonna take a while. I don't see wade going there, and there is no mystique to playing in Chicago. If anything, Chicago's an overrated franchise, its era of importance to the league came and went with one player.

umm uh:confused:

they are top 5 in attendance,top ten in merchandise,playoff team(4 of the past 5 years) with a young star and are the most profitable team in the league...nice try at a slam though

faze38
06-13-2009, 01:15 AM
new york has nothing to be hated for, at all!

It's funny hearing that from a dude in la. i moved out to the crappy west coast while in the military. After 2 days of being in this crappy state i can't wait to go back to NY. November baby!!! I mean what other dumb state but cali thinks it's cool to get stupid. New York is the capital of the world. People come from all over the world to see New York it's the biggest touriest attraction and your gonna say NY aint the best city in the world. As far as nothing to hate about New York has the greatest sport franchise in the world and if u don't know who the YANKEES are u have been living under a rock. I mean LA couldn't even get a good baseball team with out stealing from Ny. On top of all that name one sport that LA is the best at cause i know it aint basketball Boston has that. For those of u who are getting tired of hearing about the world's greatest athletes going to the world's greatest city, hey u just gotta hold on for one more year as far as basketball goes cause in 2010 maybe lebron might not come but i'm willing to bet we get two of them and get the championship we real Knick fans have been waiting for. Cause i know the ones that are my age have yet to see one and it's our time.

2010 baby the rise of a new era

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:16 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372017

Lol I knew it! You sited my Kobe "opt" to NY you can't blame me for hoping thread" Figured it would bother a few people, not my intention, but the thought crossed my mind.

1) You're a Raptors Fan (thats gotta annoy you a lil bit)

2) You're annoyed that you're best player wants to leave.

3) You are also annoyed to know that no free agent in their right mind has the Raptors on their short list of teams they'd like to sign with.

4) Whoever the Knicks get, will make it that much harder for you're team to contend in the division...thus annoying you once more.

Just admit it, as sorry as we've been in recent years, you must be a little annoyed that its still better to be a Knick fan than a Raptor fan any day of the week.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:20 AM
sometimes it can be,but not really annoyed all that much.fans needs something to hope for/day dream about,the media needs something(positive)to talk about concerning the club...and while i dont think the biggest names like kobe or wade are showing up to save them,i do think guys like bosh,amare or lower '10 fa's like gay,will look to cash into max deals where they might not otherwise get it,and are realistic possibilities

reminds me of how knick fans every year they had a lotto pick would go around saying how stern would rig the draft for them(...and how it never came to be)

I don't know what this **** is about ^^^^^^^^^?

How about all the lotto picks Chicago wasted post MJ, jeez.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:30 AM
umm uh:confused:

they are top 5 in attendance,top ten in merchandise,playoff team(4 of the past 5 years) with a young star and are the most profitable team in the league...nice try at a slam though

Like I said, nobody cares about Chicago the way they used to. They're a fringe playoff team and have been one in all of their recent appearances. the knicks are always one of the top attendance and merch teams.

What team would garner more attention if they won a championship in the next few years????

answer me that?

That right there should prove which franchise is more important.

The Bulls reached their apex in the 90's, its been all down hill since then. You guys had a great run.

dtmagnet
06-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Lol I knew it! You sited my Kobe "opt" to NY you can't blame me for hoping thread" Figured it would bother a few people, not my intention, but the thought crossed my mind.

1) You're a Raptors Fan (thats gotta annoy you a lil bit)

2) You're annoyed that you're best player wants to leave.

3) You are also annoyed to know that no free agent in their right mind has the Raptors on their short list of teams they'd like to sign with.

4) Whoever the Knicks get, will make it that much harder for you're team to contend in the division...thus annoying you once more.

Just admit it, as sorry as we've been in recent years, you must be a little annoyed that its still better to be a Knick fan than a Raptor fan any day of the week.

You accuse the OP of baiting and then you go and bait an entire country? I'd rather be a Raptor fan than a Knick fan because I'm from Toronto so I would just be a douche if I wore Knicks stuff everywhere, just like you would rather be a Knick fan because you're from New York (and would be a douche for wearing Raptors stuff) and I'm sorry, anyone who has ever had Zach Randolph on their roster (and been excited when he was signed) is epic fail.

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 01:45 AM
It's funny hearing that from a dude in la. i moved out to the crappy west coast while in the military. After 2 days of being in this crappy state i can't wait to go back to NY. November baby!!! I mean what other dumb state but cali thinks it's cool to get stupid. New York is the capital of the world. People come from all over the world to see New York it's the biggest touriest attraction and your gonna say NY aint the best city in the world. As far as nothing to hate about New York has the greatest sport franchise in the world and if u don't know who the YANKEES are u have been living under a rock. I mean LA couldn't even get a good baseball team with out stealing from Ny. On top of all that name one sport that LA is the best at cause i know it aint basketball Boston has that. For those of u who are getting tired of hearing about the world's greatest athletes going to the world's greatest city, hey u just gotta hold on for one more year as far as basketball goes cause in 2010 maybe lebron might not come but i'm willing to bet we get two of them and get the championship we real Knick fans have been waiting for. Cause i know the ones that are my age have yet to see one and it's our time.

2010 baby the rise of a new era

BWAHAHAHA Los Angeles is the center of the world that is why if you cant hang here your probably a ***** but you probably already knew that.

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 01:51 AM
http://tinyurl.com/ox6w2s

"The biggest myth in basketball is that the Knicks matter."

faze38
06-13-2009, 02:02 AM

Yeah u can say what ever u want cause i've hung here and smashed your best looking girls so i already took the best out of this wack state from san diego to sacremento so u can keep this crappy place. Along with your dreams of being better then NY it's never gonna happen so give it up. Thats why all the hoes out here want real men from New York and not the wack *****es from cali.

faze38
06-13-2009, 02:04 AM
And stop hating on the Mecca and u still didn't anwer my question what is LA the best at? o i'll wait cause it might be 50 years before LA can top any team from the east coast

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:38 AM
You accuse the OP of baiting and then you go and bait an entire country? I'd rather be a Raptor fan than a Knick fan because I'm from Toronto so I would just be a douche if I wore Knicks stuff everywhere, just like you would rather be a Knick fan because you're from New York (and would be a douche for wearing Raptors stuff) and I'm sorry, anyone who has ever had Zach Randolph on their roster (and been excited when he was signed) is epic fail.

I mentioned it as baiting, b/c it was a clear, obvious response to a thread I started about Kobe earlier. This was clearly an impulsive thread stemmed from his aggravation.

I never baited an entire country, I mentioned Toronto. I'll say it again, no big free agent has the Raptors on their short list. Thats just the way it is...don't feel bad no free agent has memphis on their short list either...funny they used to be in canada...Ironic.

As far as I know, you're team hasn't won anything AT ALL. So you can talk about Zach all you want and how excited you think we were, I've still been alive long enough to see 4 decades of Knicks basketball and 2 exciting trips to the finals, along with plenty of great playoff moments along the way.

You guys just got a team in 95' when you were prob like 7 or 8 im sure.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah u can say what ever u want cause i've hung here and smashed your best looking girls so i already took the best out of this wack state from san diego to sacremento so u can keep this crappy place. Along with your dreams of being better then NY it's never gonna happen so give it up. Thats why all the hoes out here want real men from New York and not the wack *****es from cali.

The "I'm from New York" thing goes along ways with the ladies, Its always served me well.

The New York swag cannot be duplicated, only imitated.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:49 AM

You just quoted an article from one of the biggest known NY haters, Michael Wilbon, who quoted some old "once upon a time" columnist (David Israel) from the Chicago Tribune who is an obvious NY hater.

Heres a cookie.

A knicks championship would get more attention than any other NBA city in the country. Thats a fact that you're gonna just have to deal with. :clap::clap: sorry.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:55 AM
BWAHAHAHA Los Angeles is the center of the world that is why if you cant hang here your probably a ***** but you probably already knew that.

Yes, the blue writing is absolutely necessary for us to pay attention to your posts. You're writing IS that insignificant, and I'm glad you're aware of it.

azkarraga
06-13-2009, 02:56 AM
to tell the truth, i dont really care. to me, it's more about how lost they are than anything. so no.

faze38
06-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Yes, the blue writing is absolutely necessary for us to pay attention to your posts. You're writing IS that insignificant, and I'm glad you're aware of it.

Look at that another knicks fan with some sense New York babe that's were it at!!!

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 03:18 AM

Los Angeles is the center of the world...lol:clap:

Your a winner.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I don't even think Lebron would leave for NY anyways.

And as for Bosh, Wade and Amar'e, Wade will stay in Miami, Bosh will probably get S & T BC can't get him to resign, and as for Amar'e, he might even get traded this season.

I would think Amar'e is the most likely to go to NY.

Money
More exposure
Best city in the country
Chance to extend legacy by revitalizing a once proud franchise
A BETTER supporting cast
A coach who he loves to play for
Oh, and did I mention money?

phila_gorilla
06-13-2009, 12:17 PM

Real talk, you can't blame um for wanting a taste of the big apple

Explain to me how the NY Knicks are a bigger and better place for most of the big names mentioned. Lebron and Kobe are both KINGS of their respective cities. So is D-Wade for that matter. In Kobe and D-Wade's situations, I'd much rather be in LA or Miami then NY. As for Lebron, Cleveland pales in comparison to NY, however, he literally OWNS the city. None of them need money either so if any of them left for NY, it would be purely to fuel their egos.

phila_gorilla
06-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Money
More exposure
Best city in the country
A BETTER supporting cast

A. You can't get more exposure if you are LeBron. Just not possible. Paparazzi maybe, but who wants them following you EVERYWHERE.
B. NY is the best city in the country says you so that statement is completely opinion and will be wrote off.
C. I think he's got a better chance to extend his legacy by taking the Cavs to the finals and winning. They're the Cavs for Christ's sake.
D. LeBron may "love" to play for Dantoni but Dantoni's system has proven to be ineffective come post season play. You need to operate out of the half court, something Mike Brown does.
E. Yes money is a great incentive for anyone, but LeBron already has a ton of that. I know money will play a role, but he can get comparable money to go to a team with a better shot to win.

P.S.: 5+7 does not = Dynasty. 5 = Very good defensive 3rd baseman and 7 = DL.

prodigy
06-13-2009, 12:27 PM

100% agree. Knicks fans act like they are surpose to have Great players on their team. Nobody else can, but them. lol.

The knicks are pretty much relying on lebron to go there. So if he don't, the knicks are jacked up.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 12:29 PM

I can think of bare things for comebacks.

I don't wanna get banned though.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Money
More exposure
Best city in the country
A BETTER supporting cast

Cavs can pay Lebron more. And if you say that Lebron will go to the team that will give him the more money, he would go get 50 mil a year overseas, and if he was going to stay in the NBA while still getting a lot of money, he would stay in the Cavs instead of going to NY.

Lebron is on tv 24/7 and has posters all over the world. I don't think going to another city will imporve his chances. As long as your good, you can play in the arctic and cameras will still follow him

Best city in the country but they can't even get more wins than the Toronto Craptors.

He can also extend his legacy by bringing a title to his hometown.

How do Knicks have a better supporting cast? They have no one. They are rumoured to trade Lee and they want to get rid of half their guys. Cavs are going to get another sidekick for Lebron.

I'm sure he loves to play for Mike Brown too.

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Los Angeles is the center of the world...lol:clap:

Your a winner.

Thank you ur pretty Special yourself;)

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 12:39 PM
They need to get over themselves.

They aren't going to sign Lebron, Wade, and any other big named stars.

All those guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amar'e and Johnson probably have other teams on their list.

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:41 PM

And stop hating on the Mecca and u still didn't anwer my question what is LA the best at? o i'll wait cause it might be 50 years before LA can top any team from the east coast

The state of Denial is a great place to be i guess.

Greaser1
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
You just quoted an article from one of the biggest known NY haters, Michael Wilbon, who quoted some old "once upon a time" columnist (David Israel) from the Chicago Tribune who is an obvious NY hater.

Heres a cookie.

A knicks championship would get more attention than any other NBA city in the country. Thats a fact that you're gonna just have to deal with. :clap::clap: sorry.

yeah "IF".

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Honestly, I could sit here all day and complain about NY fans and their ego, but there really is no point. Their ego will stop them from having some sort of humbleness towards other cities, so it wont make a difference. Like I said before, it was my opinion, which I doubt will affect anyone.

There is really no point of debating whether NY or LA is better because it will be a neverending topic.

effen5
06-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Heres a cookie.

And when will that be?

NYKnickFanatic
06-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Honestly, I am tired of it.

Lets just see what happens.

effen5
06-13-2009, 03:07 PM

What have you guys done after 73? Get to the finals twice and lose? Were you even born to watch that 73 championship, **** I wasnt...The Knicks are the most embarrassing franchise in the league...I actually feel bad for you guys. BTW, the Bulls made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years....I think thats a decent start to rebuilding...while who the **** knows what the knicks are doing...

The only thing Knicks fans can look forward to every year is Nate Robinson in the dunk contest.

effen5
06-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Like I said, nobody cares about Chicago the way they used to. They're a fringe playoff team and have been one in all of their recent appearances. the knicks are always one of the top attendance and merch teams.

What team would garner more attention if they won a championship in the next few years????

answer me that?

That right there should prove which franchise is more important.

The Bulls reached their apex in the 90's, its been all down hill since then. You guys had a great run.

:confused:

Bulls now have a superstar and a playoff team....How is that going down hill?

What have you guys done since the 99 finals??

If anything, you guys are going down hill...and you guys had a good run (if you can call it that)

championships
06-13-2009, 03:25 PM
We see the stars flock to New York and want to play for the Knicks Cause they win championships. Yeah right!!!! Happens all the time right.

championships
06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
What have you guys done after 73? Get to the finals twice and lose? Were you even born to watch that 73 championship, **** I wasnt...The Knicks are the most embarrassing franchise in the league...I actually feel bad for you guys. BTW, the Bulls made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years....I think thats a decent start to rebuilding...while who the **** knows what the knicks are doing...

The only thing Knicks fans can look forward to every year is Nate Robinson in the dunk contest.

I almost agree but I think the Clippers take those honors.

Raps08-09 Champ
06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Honestly, I am tired of it.

Lets just see what happens.

I think you the first Knick fan to actually say you tired of it.

effen5
06-13-2009, 03:43 PM

The thing with the clips is that they have always been bad (No offense Clip Fans) so that kind of what we expect from them. NYK's have a historic franchise, with one of the scarier teams in the 90s (As a Bulls fan, I despised Mark Jackson, Patrick Ewing, John Starks, Allan Houston but definetly respected their games and definetly enjoyed the Bulls - Knicks rivalry).....If it werent for Jordan, NYK's would have gotten 1 or 2 championships,

The Knicks went from that team to an absolute debacle with the hiring of Thomas and Brown, signing Steph Marb, trading for players like Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry (thank you btw) and hasnt done **** since Van Gundy retired..

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:43 PM

Bulls now have a superstar and a playoff team....How is that going down hill?

What have you guys done since the 99 finals??

If anything, you guys are going down hill...and you guys had a good run (if you can call it that)

They have a young star with no jumper, he's not a superstar yet. You prob shouldn't throw those labels out like that. You should know first hand what an NBA superstar is, if you were old enough to enjoy mike in his day.

Since Mike left you guys have been pretty bad. Even when you've made the playoffs, (aside from this year) you're bulls have been tough to watch.

My knicks have been sorry as well, but you guys had the lottery to work with and wasted a lot of picks.

$ NyC $
06-13-2009, 05:21 PM

You guys are kidding me? OK i got sick of 2010 I'D rather talk about 2009 but saying we're the most pathetic is pathetic in itself and just pure HATING.

OK, we suck, we're pathetic, our team is still worth and still make more $$ than your team so imagine how much we would be bringing in with a superstar

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Explain to me how the NY Knicks are a bigger and better place for most of the big names mentioned. Lebron and Kobe are both KINGS of their respective cities. So is D-Wade for that matter. In Kobe and D-Wade's situations, I'd much rather be in LA or Miami then NY. As for Lebron, Cleveland pales in comparison to NY, however, he literally OWNS the city. None of them need money either so if any of them left for NY, it would be purely to fuel their egos.

There's only one New York. You win here, it matters more. End of story.

I can see why that would sound arrogant, but its just the way it is. I didn't make that up. Open a history book and see why New York is the center of the universe so to speak...read it, absorb it, take notes if you must, but please, for the life of me, GET IT THROUGH YOU'RE DENSE SKULLS.

Do you think Babe Ruth would have been as big of a celebrity if he played in Boston? no

Do you think Willie Mays would have been that big if he wasn't in San Fran his whole career??? no

Do you think I nobody named John Starks would have been more popular than people in other city's, who actually won championships somewhere else???? NO

This isn't some made up **** here people. We're dealing with FACT. No other place in the world puts more emphasis on the idea of winning and being great, than in New York City. Weather its winning a ball game or winning on wall street, New York is second to none in terms of celebrating the American idea of what success is.

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2009, 05:43 PM
The Knicks will have to find a nice balance to be successful. I think David Lee is going to be the first or second most important player, no matter who they get.
The Knicks can't depend on one big player. This is especially true considering how much they suck at finding the right talent to build around.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 05:59 PM
100% agree. Knicks fans act like they are surpose to have Great players on their team. Nobody else can, but them. lol.

The knicks are pretty much relying on lebron to go there. So if he don't, the knicks are jacked up.

I think any fans of teams with good traditions (NOT TEAMS LIKE THE CAVS) would like to have GREAT players...thats usually how it works in sports :rolleyes:.

As for not wanting other teams to have them, thats a load of ****. I don't care who other teams get or don't get, I just want a great player on the Knicks again. Every franchise goes through dark periods, we're in one right now. You're from Cleveland, so you should know all about that.

If Lebron doesn't come, so be it, there are other options out there, and we'll still get an impact player or two.

We're playing with house money here. We lose out on Lebron, we have alternative routes and a fan base thats loyal. You guy lose Lebron, and you're city may never recover and people will be leaping off the highest building they can find in Cleveland (the Bennigans on main street). Then we'll see who's "jacked up"

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:06 PM
The Knicks will have to find a nice balance to be successful. I think David Lee is going to be the first or second most important player, no matter who they get.
The Knicks can't depend on one big player. This is especially true considering how much they suck at finding the right talent to build around.

I don't think you have a clue, b/c you're discussing david lee like he's a part of the future of our team. Depending on the player, they very well can depend on one player to start winning games consistently again. Is one player gonna win a championship? NO, but having a go to player in the fourth quarter sure goes a long way.

You're blazers finally got something going after fumbling lotto pick after pick after pick...Its amazing what having a go to player like Brandon Roy can do to a franchise:rolleyes:

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:13 PM
We see the stars flock to New York and want to play for the Knicks Cause they win championships. Yeah right!!!! Happens all the time right.

Countless big name players have wanted to play for the knicks, but when you have the highest payroll in the league, there aren't tons of opportunities to sign free agents. Our mismanagement and middle of the pack draft positions the last 10 years messed up a lot of opportunities. Timing has a lot to do with landing big name free agents, whether its from trades or free agency.

And you wonder why Laker fans have such a bad rep on here. Hating for the sake of hating is pretty pathetic.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Cavs can pay Lebron more. And if you say that Lebron will go to the team that will give him the more money, he would go get 50 mil a year overseas, and if he was going to stay in the NBA while still getting a lot of money, he would stay in the Cavs instead of going to NY.

Lebron is on tv 24/7 and has posters all over the world. I don't think going to another city will imporve his chances. As long as your good, you can play in the arctic and cameras will still follow him

Best city in the country but they can't even get more wins than the Toronto Craptors.

How do Knicks have a better supporting cast? They have no one. They are rumoured to trade Lee and they want to get rid of half their guys. Cavs are going to get another sidekick for Lebron.

You need to stop acting like the Raptors have historically been some sort of successful franchise. You have no room to hate on the Knicks situation, you're about to lose the best player you're prob ever gonna have b/c he's sick of playing for loser team in Canada. People actually like the idea of playing in NY, the same cannot be said for you're sorry franchise.

The notion that Lebron couldn't be more popular and make more money finishing his career in NY is fkn ridiculous.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:27 PM
A. You can't get more exposure if you are LeBron. Just not possible. Paparazzi maybe, but who wants them following you EVERYWHERE.
B. NY is the best city in the country says you so that statement is completely opinion and will be wrote off.
C. I think he's got a better chance to extend his legacy by taking the Cavs to the finals and winning. They're the Cavs for Christ's sake.
D. LeBron may "love" to play for Dantoni but Dantoni's system has proven to be ineffective come post season play. You need to operate out of the half court, something Mike Brown does.
E. Yes money is a great incentive for anyone, but LeBron already has a ton of that. I know money will play a role, but he can get comparable money to go to a team with a better shot to win.

dude your reppin south Jersey, what in gods name do you know about NY and how great it is. You're a troll baseball fan who swings to the Phili side. All of you're comments are opinion based as well, so why call out 5+7?

NY is known to be the greatest city on Earth by many people for many reasons, the same way NJ is regarded as one of the most crap states in the country. You're clearly in the minority on the concept of how great NY is.

A. You can't get more exposure if you are LeBron. Just not possible.

Yea you can, in NY.

And thanx for you're "opinion based" reasoning for why he can't get more exposure...

"Its just not Possible"

:clap::rolleyes::clap:

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:32 PM
They need to get over themselves.

They aren't going to sign Lebron, Wade, and any other big named stars.

All those guys like Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amar'e and Johnson probably have other teams on their list.

lol now you're just plain hating. All those players have NY as one of their top destinations, moron lol.

But guess who's not on their lists????????

I'll give a clue, they aren't in America lol:clap:

:smoking: a blunt in your honor for being a supreme hater.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
You guys are kidding me? OK i got sick of 2010 I'D rather talk about 2009 but saying we're the most pathetic is pathetic in itself and just pure HATING.

OK, we suck, we're pathetic, our team is still worth and still make more $$ than your team so imagine how much we would be bringing in with a superstar
x2 the most valuable franchise in the NBA a revenue making cash machine, those who don't believe so just look it up.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I could sit here all day and complain about NY fans and their ego, but there really is no point. Their ego will stop them from having some sort of humbleness towards other cities, so it wont make a difference. Like I said before, it was my opinion, which I doubt will affect anyone.

There is really no point of debating whether NY or LA is better because it will be a neverending topic.

I think NY fans, me in particular get rubbed the wrong way when fans of teams, who traditionally SUK, feel like they can talk ****, flex they're own egos, and take shots at how bad we've been lately. We expected it tho, when you suk you suk, I get that, but Raptor fans and Cleveland fans really shouldn't talk ****.

Bosh is gone and Lebron could jump ship...what will you guys have to say then?

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Please enough wit the Bulls have been to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years crap. You guys have been one of the more tough teams to watch prior to Rose joining. If you wanna bring up your uneventful exits from the post season recently, don't short change the fact that we have had some pretty exciting playoff runs ourselves when you guys sucked and made it to the finals in 99' as an 8th seed.

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Damn, this guy really is whining a lot.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:54 PM
And when will that be?

Right after I **** your mom in the shower and have a ham sandwich afterwards.

JK

No really, IDK dude, when it happens.

I mean wtf do you want me to say? lol this guy:rolleyes:

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Damn, this guy really is whining a lot.

Wait till Bosh is gone, we'll see who's whining lol.

Enjoy ball busting knick fans while you can maple leaf.

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 06:57 PM
^ EGO is off the charts....learn to be humble for once.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Yeah its real "humble" to be a raptor fan with a concrete tradition of losing, yet talks **** about the knicks and how we've fared in recent years.:rolleyes:

You my friend, have no room to talk.

effen5
06-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Please enough wit the Bulls have been to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years crap. You guys have been one of the more tough teams to watch prior to Rose joining. If you wanna bring up your uneventful exits from the post season recently, don't short change the fact that we have had some pretty exciting playoff runs ourselves when you guys sucked and made it to the finals in 99' as an 8th seed.

Tough teams to watch?

We were in the top 5 in defense before Rose even came and when Skiles was our coach.

Ben Gordon (even though I hate him) lit it up in the 4th quarter and won 6th man of the year in his rookie season.

We swept the defending champions Miami Heat (even though they were hurt) in the first round. Luol Deng lit up that season.

And your 99 finals? Oh man 10 years since you guys were in the playoffs when the Bulls were rebuilding and the great lock out year....So how did you guys do against the Spurs?

As for uneventful exits? Bulls vs Celtics was anything but uneventful.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Tough teams to watch?

We were in the top 5 in defense before Rose even came and when Skiles was our coach.

Ben Gordon (even though I hate him) lit it up in the 4th quarter and won 6th man of the year in his rookie season.

We swept the defending champions Miami Heat (even though they were hurt) in the first round. Luol Deng lit up that season.

And your 99 finals? Oh man 10 years since you guys were in the playoffs when the Bulls were rebuilding and the great lock out year....So how did you guys do against the Spurs?

As for uneventful exits? Bulls vs Celtics was anything but uneventful.

That whole 99' playoff run easily eclipses every trip you had to the postseason, post MJ...Easily.

We played the Spurs much tougher than 4-1, and they know that.

Who but a bulls fan remembers when you guys swept the heat? lol I think Heat fans prob don't remember that ****.

8th seed making the finals, a "real" exciting series against the heat, allan houston's game winner, LJ's 4 point play, and close games all through the finals.

Yeah that was a special run 10 years ago.:clap:

It trumps anything you guys have done post MJ, deal with that.

I know you're prob too young to appreciate the MJ years, so this Bulls team holds a special place in you're heart, but really until last season, you guys have been more of an afterthought than the Knicks, and we've sucked.

"We were in the top 5 in defense, even b4 Rose"

Oh wow!!!! exciting basketball...thrilling

lol

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah its real "humble" to be a raptor fan with a concrete tradition of losing, yet talks **** about the knicks and how we've fared in recent years.:rolleyes:

You my friend, have no room to talk.

The Raptors losing has nothing to do with this, so I wont care if you said that. But the thing I do want to point is, can you please find one damn post I made referring to how the Knicks have fared in recent years, and also a post where I talked **** about the Knicks?

You my friend, have no idea what your talking about.

Good luck with the Knicks anyhow.

faze38
06-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Learn to realize that your a Raptors fan and your basketball team sucks and will be nothing in 2010 cause just like every other player in the NBA Bosh or no one else wants to play for the Raptors. So just do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut cause soon enough the raptors will be the sadiest team in the NBA

JustBlaze31
06-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Topics regarding the Knicks and 2010 always turn into WWE or somethin lol

Ill21
06-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I LOVE NEW YORK!!! LeBron 2010

Trouble87
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
people hate on NY and it turns ugly... someone should rename this thread "knick haters unite"

Trouble87
06-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I LOVE NEW YORK!!! LeBron 2010

:cheers:

effen5
06-13-2009, 09:31 PM
That whole 99' playoff run easily eclipses every trip you had to the postseason, post MJ...Easily.

We played the Spurs much tougher than 4-1, and they know that.

Who but a bulls fan remembers when you guys swept the heat? lol I think Heat fans prob don't remember that ****.

8th seed making the finals, a "real" exciting series against the heat, allan houston's game winner, LJ's 4 point play, and close games all through the finals.

Yeah that was a special run 10 years ago.:clap:

It trumps anything you guys have done post MJ, deal with that.

I know you're prob too young to appreciate the MJ years, so this Bulls team holds a special place in you're heart, but really until last season, you guys have been more of an afterthought than the Knicks, and we've sucked.

Oh wow!!!! exciting basketball...thrilling

lol

I guess you missed my post where I respected the hell out of Ewing, Starks, Houston, and the other Knick members, and I enjoyed the hell out of the Bulls - Knicks era. I thought Mark Jackson or Patrick Ewing shouldve had a chance to coach the Knicks instead of Dantoni. I wanted Orlando to win this series just so Ewing can finally get a ring...which he surely deserves.

Even if we were an "after thought" ....at least we werent an embarrassment like the Knicks were/are/have been to the city of NYC. for the past 6-10 years.

And congratulations to your 4-1 lost to the San Antonio Spurs which Im sure had record breaking viewers during that lockout year.

BTW, I bet you the Bulls Celtics series easily eclipses your last finals. EASILY.

andybauer91
06-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Does Los Angeles have a football team?

JWO35
06-13-2009, 09:42 PM
John Wall in 2010!?!?!

RaptorsFanatic
06-13-2009, 10:23 PM
Learn to realize that your a Raptors fan and your basketball team sucks and will be nothing in 2010 cause just like every other player in the NBA Bosh or no one else wants to play for the Raptors. So just do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut cause soon enough the raptors will be the sadiest team in the NBA

I know Im a Raptors fan goofball, and your TEAM SUCKS TOO (if your a Knicks fan)..They havent done jack **** in over a decade...The Raps are such young team and labeling them as a franchise that's had a history of losing is nuts.

Knicks founded: 1946
Raptors founded: 1995

The last time you guys won a damn championship was in 1973....-_-

And no I wont keep my mouth shut because this is a forum and Im entitled to my opinion.

PS* Learn how to spell before you want to tell someone to shutup.

Sadiest is not a word.
:pity::pity::pity::pity:

Giaps
06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Just wanna say most Knicks fans are cool. Just sayin....

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
06-14-2009, 01:14 AM
First of all, I think that Lebron does indeed stay with Cleveland. I am just stating the logic many fans use(and rightfully so) to explain his move.

A. Stop hating. Common sense acknowledges that a player can get more exposure in NY, LA, Chicago than they can in Cleveland. The size of the market, plus the history and the fanbase, is too strong to overcome.
B. I was being a homer here, but everyone can agree that NY is one of the greatest cities in the world. Definetly better than Philly:p
C. That's a good arguement also. Definetly a reason I see him staying. Winning for either team would be epic for his legacy.
D. Mike Brown's system has also failed come playoff time.
E. Lebron has stated his desire to become a billionaire. He wants money, which he can make more of in NY.

P.S. I don't give a hoot. It's a more relevent name then philla gorilla.

Yes, it is a fact that the Cavs can pay Lebron more than the Knicks, or any team for that matter, can. However, the money he would receive from endorsement deals by coming to NY would overshadow the money Cleveland can outbid all remaining teams.
By 2010 or 2011, the Knicks will have a better supporting cast than the Cavs currently do. Knicks will have Chandler, Gallinar, Lee/Nate, #8 pick, a MLE player, plus another MAX FREE AGENT. I would say that's better than the Cavs.

JMKnick33
06-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Seems like this thread is making a lot of Knicks haters.. I didn't read all the posts, so I may be wrong. But if there are any Knicks haters, we apologize for all this talk about Lebron and whoever coming to New York. But, do you realize it's been nearly 10 years.. A WHOLE DECADE since we've had a superstar?

So, yeah, we do deserve some kind of hope and something to be excited for. And please, stop reminding us of how embarassing the Knicks have been the past decade, we know it already. And THAT'S exactly why we NEED some kind of hope that good things are coming our way.

BTW, don't mistake us for Lakers fans. We're more understanding.

ggb108
06-14-2009, 02:21 AM
lebron is leaving because nike wants him to leave...what's his famous quote???

"I want to be the first billionaire athlete."

how's he going to do that? NIKE

MrBloop
06-14-2009, 04:24 AM

And thats on the real.

MrBloop
06-14-2009, 04:34 AM
I guess you missed my post where I respected the hell out of Ewing, Starks, Houston, and the other Knick members, and I enjoyed the hell out of the Bulls - Knicks era. I thought Mark Jackson or Patrick Ewing shouldve had a chance to coach the Knicks instead of Dantoni. I wanted Orlando to win this series just so Ewing can finally get a ring...which he surely deserves.

Even if we were an "after thought" ....at least we werent an embarrassment like the Knicks were/are/have been to the city of NYC. for the past 6-10 years.

And congratulations to your 4-1 lost to the San Antonio Spurs which Im sure had record breaking viewers during that lockout year.

BTW, I bet you the Bulls Celtics series easily eclipses your last finals. EASILY.

LOL

Mybad dog you followed that bs post with this one below, forgive me if I think you're full of ****.

Originally Posted by effen5...

Thats as far as I read, I could give a **** who you think should coach the knicks...but for the record, Pat Ewing and Mark Jackson over Mike D'Antoni??? Really?

Yea you sure know what yor talking bout.

Obviously you're series against the C's was epic, especially when compared to the 99' finals, but our whole playoff run that year trumps you're fkn Eastern Conferance Semi-Finals exit EASILY

Bulls_fan90
06-14-2009, 05:33 AM
No it dosent annoy me that much. WHAT does annoy me is this Stephen Curry kid. The little ***** may as well suck off their gm.

HoosierDaddy
06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
LEbron on a short-term deal to the to the Blazers for minimum money. they'll win championships, then he can go wherever he wants to get endorsements after

MrBloop
06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I know Im a Raptors fan goofball, and your TEAM SUCKS TOO (if your a Knicks fan)..They havent done jack **** in over a decade...The Raps are such young team and labeling them as a franchise that's had a history of losing is nuts.

Knicks founded: 1946
Raptors founded: 1995

The last time you guys won a damn championship was in 1973....-_-

And no I wont keep my mouth shut because this is a forum and Im entitled to my opinion.

PS* Learn how to spell before you want to tell someone to shutup.

Sadiest is not a word.
:pity::pity::pity::pity:

Why is it out of this world to label the Raptors a losing franchise?. They've had 14 years in this league and a ton of draft picks to work with. They suk, they have one lone franchise bright spot, a trip to the conference finals in 2001...aside from that they've been a door mat team and nothing more.

You guys had a nice little run a few years ago when bosh stepped into his own, only to underachieve last season. You're fan base got way too GASSED UP, talking on here like they had championship aspirations. I've heard plenty of Raptor fans on here talk **** about knick teams and knick fans on the psd, and I laugh b/c what have you guys really done????

Bosh will be gone soon and then what...

"Whatcha gonna say now...What can you say now" -KG

Trouble87
06-14-2009, 06:39 PM
How did this thread become a NY vs. Tor & Chi?

Some of the Toronto fans seems straight up bitter and the some of the Chi fans are coming off like children on the defensive

example below....

yea cause losing to a injured Celtic team is something to brag about :rolleyes:

you couldve had 92 overtimes in one game and it won't change the fact you lost when it counted...

MrBloop
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
This thread was asking to become something like a pot shot thread at knick fans and our team from the beginning. I don't mind arguing with bulls fans about stuff, but the Raptor/Cleveland (thank god cleveland fans are in shame mode)think their a little too cute lately it seems.

Listening to a Raptor fan or a Cleveland fan sound off on how bad playing in NY is just doesn't make any sense to me.

Both of those cities are lucky they have NBA teams.

col
06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
The Knicks are also taking the most drastic measures for 2010 so that has a lot to do with it. The Crawford-Randolph trades on the same day, arguably their 2 best players, for 2010 cap space was major news. You also have to understand that a lot of players are playing up to it, so the hype continues: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Nash, Stoudemire, Kidd etc etc...

You are Right. I feel that the players' agents are using NY to get more money from their teams. Also Like someone else mentioned, Ny does not have a superstar. The NBA ratings were up this year and a good NY team would help the league.

Trouble87
06-14-2009, 10:15 PM
You are Right. I feel that the players' agents are using NY to get more money from their teams. Also Like someone else mentioned, Ny does not have a superstar. The NBA ratings were up this year and a good NY team would help the league.

only 8 post but you sir are a wise man.... welcome to PSD :clap: