PDA

View Full Version : Derek Fisher Officially one of the leagues top clutch shooters!!

tdkjr6
06-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Derek Fisher made his point last night hitting probaly the shot that saved the Lakers from elimination.

IMO if he didn't hit that game tying 3 the lakers woulda lost and the series woulda been 2-2, the magic woulda won gm 5 and been up 3-2 and had 2 chances to close out the lakers.

Then he hit another in overtime to seal the game!!

Trouble87
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
he's clutch but I don't know if he's one of the NBA's top clutch shooters

With that said...

much respect to Fish for knocking that one down

Brooke
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
he always has been, he has done this his whole career. Only MJ and Horry have made more 3's in the Finals than him

koreancabbage
06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Derek Fisher made his point last night hitting probaly the shot that saved the Lakers from elimination.

IMO if he didn't hit that game tying 3 the lakers woulda lost and the series woulda been 2-2, the magic woulda won gm 5 and been up 3-2 and had 2 chances to close out the lakers.

WHAT? i don't recollect it being an elimination game. even if they lose, it'll be 2-2

MTone8788
06-12-2009, 09:40 PM

WOW you are really talking outta your *** on that one haha. Magic lost TWICE in LA, so how would they just automatically win? HAHA

I don't even like the Lakers, I'm just being real

GoatMilk
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
wasn't clutch Game 2 vs. denver

but I still love Fish

BluejaysFan08
06-12-2009, 09:53 PM
your just on an adrenaline rush right now...It'll pass.

shas
06-12-2009, 10:07 PM
he always has been, he has done this his whole career. Only MJ and Horry have made more 3's in the Finals than him

WOW, i had no idea about that. this should qualify him as clutch

t-mac1nukka
06-13-2009, 03:01 AM

your argument is built around pure speculation. there is no reason to believe that the lakers couldnt pull out game 5 if they lost game 4. all but one game has been very close.

as for fisher... i think hes a below average pg who has been lucky to be in the right place at the right time. no one has said anything about his clutchness as hes bricked shot after shot all playoffs long. hes bound to make a shot sooner or later.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Fisher's clutchness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T-Mac for Damn sure

t-mac1nukka
06-13-2009, 03:10 AM

typical irrelevant argument from people like you. who cares if hes more clutch than tmac?? what does that have to do with anything we are talking about? fisher is more clutch than you too....does that mean anything?

stawka
06-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Wow because of one game he is the one of the most clutch shooters in the league? Gimme a break. He's had his time of clutch plays, but no way is he one of the most clutch in the league.

If we're going by this, then T-Mac = greatest in clutch EVER just because of his 13pts in 35.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Wow because of one game he is the one of the most clutch shooters in the league? Gimme a break. He's had his time of clutch plays, but no way is he one of the most clutch in the league.

If we're going by this, then T-Mac = greatest in clutch EVER just because of his 13pts in 35.

He does it in the playoffs and I would agree with you, but he generally talks with his mouth when that time comes around.

t-mac1nukka
06-13-2009, 03:18 AM
look at the numbers then come back and say he just talks with his mouth.

but lets not hijack this thread with tmac debates.

Wilson
06-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Fisher's awesome, and he is clutch. He's hit big shots throughout his NBA career, and right not Phil Jackson is looking very good for not benching Fish like so many people wanted him to.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Fisher's awesome, and he is clutch. He's hit big shots throughout his NBA career, and right not Phil Jackson is looking very good for not benching Fish like so many people wanted him to.

Don't you know according to Zo,

It was Kobe that didn't bench him, all Phil does is sit there and call time outs.

Hellcrooner
06-13-2009, 04:06 AM
man it is starting to get on my nerves

48 hours ago it was fisher must not play, we have to get rid of him on the summer.

Now is Fisher is the real second man in the team and not pau...

come on!!!

AllTheWay
06-13-2009, 04:06 AM
I think Fish has hit more 3 pointers in playoffs history than anyone else right? And he should be third in the finals as well.

He's been doing this for while now.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 04:28 AM

48 hours ago it was fisher must not play, we have to get rid of him on the summer.

come on!!!

2nd best player? No

2nd leader, captain, man? HELL YES

Wilson
06-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Don't you know according to Zo,

It was Kobe that didn't bench him, all Phil does is sit there and call time outs.

Zo doesn't know what he's talking about. Phil isn't as active in games as some other coaches, but there's more to coaching than just games. Phil gets his teams prepared.

come on!!!

Give me a break! Just because you're Spanish, it doesn't mean that you're not allowed to give non-Spanish players respect!

kblo247
06-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Zo doesn't know what he's talking about. Phil isn't as active in games as some other coaches, but there's more to coaching than just games. Phil gets his teams prepared.

Give me a break! Just because you're Spanish, it doesn't mean that you're not allowed to give non-Spanish players respect!

1. Phil responded well to Zo

2. I wish there was an ignore list so I can use it on Hellcrooner

TmacBryant
06-13-2009, 04:47 AM

i love fish.... but you gotta admit there are way better players that are 10 times more clutch.... its just that they never got the opportunity to play as many games as D fish has in the playoffs. Turkolu is just as clutch as D fish imo, and tmac would be considered clutch too if he actually passed the first round without getting injured. i mean 13 pts in 33 secs? that is pretty clutch to me, now if only tmac could play some defense.....

kblo247
06-13-2009, 04:50 AM
T-Mac, Iverson, and Carter just piss me off because they could have been much more special (prolonged) if they put in the time and effort

Wilson
06-13-2009, 05:17 AM

Do you mean Phil responded well with the game four win? Or did he actually have a verbal response? I missed it if he did :o

There is an ignore list, I think you'll find it on your User CP. I'm not quite sure where though.

Hellcrooner
06-13-2009, 05:23 AM
in terms of being the captain fisher is not second
HE IS THE CAPTAIN.

Nobody noticed how much things got better once he got back even before Gasol joined?

Thats because of his quiet leadership.

But no fisher contribution IN THE COURT does not surpass Paus.

In the court main reasons for Lakers success

1 PHIL

2 Kobe

3 Pau

4 Ariza

5 Odom

OUT OF THE COURT and in locker room keys to success

1 Fisher

2 Phil

3 Pau

4 Kobe

Wilson
06-13-2009, 05:26 AM
HE IS THE CAPTAIN.

Nobody noticed how much things got better once he got back even before Gasol joined?

1 PHIL

2 Kobe

3 Pau

4 Ariza

5 Odom

1 Fisher

2 Phil

3 Pau

4 Kobe

Nobody said that his on court production surpasses Pau's. Just relax...

Hellcrooner
06-13-2009, 05:31 AM
^go check the treadh of waht WOULD ( not WILL but WOULD) happenif kobe is not mvp.

the level of hate on Pau is really terrible.

I guess i shoudl be flattered because it means there is a Chance it happens and Kobe fanatics respond hating out of sheer horror at the persepctive.

Hellcrooner
06-13-2009, 05:32 AM
also about ignoring me.

I dont need a ignore option to just pass on stupid comments.

If i had a Kill all the bandwagoner kobe fans or so called laker fans that use some Kobe related nickname in the world with a button , that woudl be something to consider tough

Wilson
06-13-2009, 05:34 AM
^go check the treadh of waht WOULD ( not WILL but WOULD) happenif kobe is not mvp.

the level of hate on Pau is really terrible.

I guess i shoudl be flattered because it means there is a Chance it happens and Kobe fanatics respond hating out of sheer horror at the persepctive.

I'm not reading through 5+ pages of posts. No-one in this thread said anything about Fisher's on court production being better than Pau's. People were just giving him props for hitting some great shots, and for being a great clutch player. No need to bring something from a different thread into this one to take it off topic...

Hellcrooner
06-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Anyways someone should credit Phil for getting the kind of players he needs .

Fisher is a better version of what Paxon and then Kerr did for him on the bulls.

D-Amazins
06-13-2009, 06:12 AM
He does it in the playoffs and I would agree with you, but he generally talks with his mouth when that time comes around.

T-Mac has hit game winners before. Dallas in 06 is a perfect example. Anyways, T-Mac is a focal point in the offense where as Fisher is a complementary player.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Do you mean Phil responded well with the game four win? Or did he actually have a verbal response? I missed it if he did :o

There is an ignore list, I think you'll find it on your User CP. I'm not quite sure where though.

Phil responded like only he can

Phil Jackson didn't seem too upset about Alonzo Mourning suggesting that the Lakers coach is "just showing up" and Kobe Bryant is the one "doing all the work to make the team successful.

"That's a pretty good assessment," Jackson said. "Kobe is doing a lot of the work. I'm just here kind of sitting on my chair."

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/06/jackson-on-zo-good-assessment.html

kblo247
06-13-2009, 06:30 AM
HE IS THE CAPTAIN.

1 PHIL

2 Kobe

3 Pau

4 Ariza

5 Odom

1 Fisher

2 Phil

3 Pau

4 Kobe

The fact that you have Pau in the locker room success department over both Lamar and Luke shows supreme ignorance on your part.

Hell I wouldn't put Kobe or Pau over them, but at least you got Fish and Phil right.

DrDEADalready
06-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Crazy to think if Derek didn't make that shot. and Lee made the layup in game 2. the Lakers would have been down 3-1. You know how chaotic and crazy the laker fans would be going. They'd probably cry and jump off the bandwagon.

AllTheWay
06-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Still mad about the Lakers eliminating you two years straight eh?

kblo247
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Still mad about the Lakers eliminating you two years straight eh?

I though he was mad that his team has not come as close to winning since Fisher left, but the fact that Fisher has given Deron Hell in the playoffs probably adds to that :cool:

Raps18-19 Champ
06-13-2009, 08:38 PM
He was already clutch.

I guess your too young to remember him in his first stint with the Lakers.

sugarrayray
06-13-2009, 09:07 PM
no. he is not. pain and simple

Reyes6
06-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Not to take anything away, but his first shot Nelson gave him WAY too much room and on the second one there was no contest at all. So he was clutch in the last game, but to consider him one of the most clutch of all time? Meh. But he is still a good player, I lost a lot of respect for him in the Rockets series and he can't defend the faster guards.

dee279
06-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Fisher has always been a big shot player.

boltzblitz619
06-13-2009, 09:47 PM
wow...have some of u forgotten about .4 in San Antonio?...I wouldnt quite put him up there with Big Shot Bob(Horry) but he has hit some pretty clutch shots...

JDizzle
06-13-2009, 10:54 PM
he has been clutch over the years

D-Will4Prez
06-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I though he was mad that his team has not come as close to winning since Fisher left, but the fact that Fisher has given Deron Hell in the playoffs probably adds to that :cool:
:bs:Jazz not making finals has NOTHING to do with Fisher leaving and Deron is 10x better than Fish will ever be :moon:

GHOSTSNIPER
06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
If its official,why the debate?

kblo247
06-14-2009, 12:49 AM
:bs:Jazz not making finals has NOTHING to do with Fisher leaving and Deron is 10x better than Fish will ever be :moon:

Kiss Fish's rings first ;)

KB24PG16
06-14-2009, 01:00 AM

there is