PDA

View Full Version : KOBE OPT OUT???? Any thoughts?

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 04:51 PM
2010 is not just Lebrons summer, its also Kobe's (if he wants), as you prob already know. Say Phil leaves, and Kobe decides he wants to play for the Knicks? Not saying its likely, but it could happen. He loved playing for D'Antoni over the summer, and his offense would suit his skill set, while also giving him the best chance to avoid double teams while he approaches the twilight of his career.

How the Lakers fare next year could determine a lot. They do have some roster issues, the only sure thing is Gasol, and Odom might split. New York would be a great place for Kobe to finish his career, and he loves playing there.

The biggest challenge in sports today with the highest reward is bringing an NBA championship back to NYC (I'd love to hear a bigger one), and he might consider taking that challenge on.

It won't be the first time he's wanted to leave LA. And its not out of this world to think he could leave if the Lakers don't win next season. He owes LA nothing, and he's never exercised his free agent rights b4.

But like I said b4, its not likely.

Shaq did a rap called "Laker For Life" (not bad actually for shaq) laker fans remember it, I was out there when he dropped it on power 106...2 years later he was gone. IT COULD HAPPEN.

madiaz3
06-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Is there even any huge speculation on if Phil Jackson was considering retirement? Nothing short of Pau Gasol's leg being amputated will result in Kobe considering to go anywhere else.

XJW18
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Is there even any huge speculation on if Phil Jackson was considering retirement? Nothing short of Pau Gasol's leg being amputated will result in Kobe considering to go anywhere else.

HA
Agreed!

Living Legend
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Kobe will opt out.

But it will likely be to sign a longer and bigger contract with the Lakers

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah there was actually, It was reported phil might split after the 09-10 season.

abe_froman
06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
kobe will opt out but only to resign with lakers,he's said since they rebuilt he wants to be laker for life(last summer).and the org will oblige him(unlike shaq)

sorry to crush your knick fan dreams

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Kobe will opt out.

You're prob right, but he could bounce.

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 05:21 PM
kobe will opt out but only to resign with lakers,he's said since they rebuilt he wants to be laker for life(last summer).and the org will oblige him

No need to get snooty "Abe Frohman"

Can't even spell your own name right.

All they have is Pau really. Odom might split and their role players aren't that amazing. Its not as much of a long shot as you might think.

Why would you trust anything a guy like kobe bryant says?? think about that for a sec Abe.

Zefflin
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM
You're prob right, but he could bounce.

He could, but he won't.

aNYer
06-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Kobe will opt out.

yup, chances are he can make more money in 09 then 2010 cause the cap might go down, so financially it makes sense that he would opt out and get a max deal before the max limit is lowered

aNYer
06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
kobe will opt out but only to resign with lakers,he's said since they rebuilt he wants to be laker for life(last summer).and the org will oblige him(unlike shaq)

your not crushing knicks fans dreams with that, trust me.

Kakaroach
06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
No I don't think he opts out.

Aiwokote
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
If he *really* wants to build his legacy to another level, he'll opt out just to take *less*. That way, you can resign Odom and Ariza and have a chance at a dynasty. I see this as the only way he can catch Jordan's rings if he's serious about being a long time champion. (Random note: Robert Horry has 7 heh)

As it is, the Lakers have a chance to lose one of those two solid players. And seriously, he can make up a decent amount of what he'd used to make in endorsements.

It's a longshot though. No one likes to give up their money.

thephoenixson28
06-12-2009, 05:34 PM
I think he would rather go to dallas,chicago, or phoenix.

azkarraga
06-12-2009, 05:35 PM
i dont think it will happen. gasol's leg will stay in place

IDB Josh M
06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd rather see Lebron in NY than Kobe in New York. Lebron would do good in NY and become filthy stinking rich. Kobe already has Los Angeles, why leave a good place?

abe_froman
06-12-2009, 06:02 PM

read a few posts above

i know it sucks,and fans have been through torture of the franchise sinking so low for so long,no stars,nothing.i'm a bulls fan,i've been through it.the concept that every star wants to come there,with no real help to turn it around,just because its ny(and the nyer's birth right to have that happen)is a thought that i would think after going so many years of this low,has been shown as a false hope.and yes most knick fans i've come across still hate facing that reality

hgtiger32
06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Mr. Bloop...you are one funny guy haha. You say the Lakers only have Gasol besides Kobe. Fair enough, if that's the case(which it's not) then it worked out pretty good cause they are going to win the nba finals.

Besides as a neutral fan who doesn't like either LA or NY...I'd rather take the Lakers bench than the Knicks starters this year. Lakers have a really good and deep team.

I don't wana jump the gun but if they can resign mostly everyone aside from Lamar Odom...they "could" become a dynasty. But like everyone is saying this might be the last year that Kobe has a chance to win the Finals.

I don't think that there will ever be a team like the Bulls in the 90s where they won 3 years in a row, MJ gone for two and then won 3 more in a row. MJ had competition no doubt but not to the likes of a LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudamire, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Chirs Paul, Deron Williams, and Derrick Rose...now that is some definite competition that doesnt include some veterans like Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki, and Gilbert Arenas

NYKnickFanatic
06-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh silly Knicks fans.

LA_Raiders
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
He will opt out & get a contract that can help him win a couple more rings...

McPeak92
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
the Lower Merion product is going home to Philly obviously.

djeller1139
06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
It would be awesome to see him opt out solely for the reason that the amount of "Laker Fans" in the nation would drop by about 90% because every bandwagon fan would jump off so fast and either join Kobe's new team, or stop cheering for basketball altogether.

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 06:30 PM
He could, but he won't.

And you're prob right.

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 06:37 PM
I think he would rather go to dallas,chicago, or phoenix.

I don't.

He wouldn't choose them over NY. Def not Pheonix.

kombayn
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Too true. Since the Knicks don't have any dreams to begin with. :smoking:

Hellcrooner
06-12-2009, 06:54 PM
cant hapen basically because kobe can opt out THIS YEAR not next year.

By the way what COULD happen is that 2010 os nto "the year" and it becomes 2011 if lebron takes his option, wade takes its opition etc etc

robdizzle3
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
The Lakers are primed for future runs at the NBA title with the team they have right now.If Odom is to go without us resigning him,then we can look towards a trade with the Clippers,because with Blake Griffin coming to town,it seems that thei Frontcourt will be crowded,and we can use one of Chris Kaman,Marcus camby,but I dont want Zach Randolph.Having a healthy Bynum back to 100% with gasol wont be bad at all.Odom already said though,that he wants to be a Laker and will take less money to resign,but we all know how that goes

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:47 AM
read a few posts above

i know it sucks,and fans have been through torture of the franchise sinking so low for so long,no stars,nothing.i'm a bulls fan,i've been through it.the concept that every star wants to come there,with no real help to turn it around,just because its ny(and the nyer's birth right to have that happen)is a thought that i would think after going so many years of this low,has been shown as a false hope.and yes most knick fans i've come across still hate facing that reality

How about a space after your punctuation?:clap::clap:

No but seriously, you're a douche, lets be honest here. Your cynical remarks about my city and fanbase stem from you coming to grips with the fact that you're team prob isn't gonna get a big name free agent come 2010. You're prob gonna lose ben gordon, and could easily not make the playoffs after such a promising year. Nothing is certain in your world anymore, not since #23 left...so maybe you should just focus on who you're not getting in 2010 instead of worrying about us.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 01:49 AM

Clippers fan got jokes?

really...really?

Really?

You're franchise helps our franchise sleep better at night.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Mr. Bloop...you are one funny guy haha. You say the Lakers only have Gasol besides Kobe. Fair enough, if that's the case(which it's not) then it worked out pretty good cause they are going to win the nba finals.

Besides as a neutral fan who doesn't like either LA or NY...I'd rather take the Lakers bench than the Knicks starters this year. Lakers have a really good and deep team.

I don't wana jump the gun but if they can resign mostly everyone aside from Lamar Odom...they "could" become a dynasty. But like everyone is saying this might be the last year that Kobe has a chance to win the Finals.

I don't think that there will ever be a team like the Bulls in the 90s where they won 3 years in a row, MJ gone for two and then won 3 more in a row. MJ had competition no doubt but not to the likes of a LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudamire, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Chirs Paul, Deron Williams, and Derrick Rose...now that is some definite competition that doesnt include some veterans like Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki, and Gilbert Arenas

I am pretty funny thanx. I said in 2010 they could be left with only Pau Gasol. I never mentioned them only having gasol this season, so mis-quoted me. I referred to Odom leaving and Fisher getting old and ineffective. I'm well awre what the lakers have this season. Try reading more carefully next time you quote with intentions of being cute.

If you would take the lakers bench over the NY starters, you're a moron. We were bad, but not that bad this season. The LA bench isn't that good, they have some nice pieces, but a lot of one dimensional type players. My point was there isn't a lot of irreplaceable talent on the that laker roster outside Gasol and Lamar, unless you see something in Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, and Jordan Farmar, I don't.

I didn't really read the rest of the stuff you wrote at the end, sorry.

theuuord
06-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Yeah there was actually, It was reported phil might split after the 09-10 season.

where, and by who?

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:08 AM
cant hapen basically because kobe can opt out THIS YEAR not next year.

By the way what COULD happen is that 2010 os nto "the year" and it becomes 2011 if lebron takes his option, wade takes its opition etc etc

Kobe can choose to either opt out this summer or the next, get you're facts right please.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 02:11 AM
I am pretty funny thanx. I said in 2010 they could be left with only Pau Gasol. I never mentioned them only having gasol this season, so mis-quoted me. I referred to Odom leaving and Fisher getting old and ineffective. I'm well awre what the lakers have this season. Try reading more carefully next time you quote with intentions of being cute.

If you would take the lakers bench over the NY starters, you're a moron. We were bad, but not that bad this season. The LA bench isn't that good, they have some nice pieces, but a lot of one dimensional type players. My point was there isn't a lot of irreplaceable talent on the that laker roster outside Gasol and Lamar, unless you see something in Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, and Jordan Farmar, I don't.

I didn't really read the rest of the stuff you wrote at the end, sorry.

Give me a healthy Walton over those chuckers on the Knicks roster every day of the week, and Sasha as well if he is playing the 2 or 1 with Kobe in the game as that is when he plays well.

Lizard King
06-13-2009, 02:14 AM
No...just stop. Seriously.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:16 AM
where, and by who?

You can look it up yourself. I know USA today mentioned it. Dr. Buss has tried to offer phil an extension, and phil doesn't wanna commit to anything until after his contract is up. He's got health issues and he's said he might be done after his contract a few times. Watch some more ESPN. I'm not making this up. If you watch basketball, and pay attention to the Lakers, you would know Phil has entertained retiring a few times lately.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Give me a healthy Walton over those chuckers on the Knicks roster every day of the week, and Sasha as well if he is playing the 2 or 1 with Kobe in the game as that is when he plays well.

Like I said as bad as my knicks have been, the best names you can come up with off the Laker bench is Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic...I rest my case.

Phil is the master of making one dimensional role players, effective guys off the bench. He knows how to prepare role players to make consistent contributions.

But really, they aren't that good...at least not as good as you think they are.

mickybrneyes20
06-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Why does everyone act like the Knicks are the premier team in the NBA. Baron Davis left a decent GS team for the bright lights of L.A. How'd that work out? If either Lebron or Kobe go to NY they will regret it.

AsiandudePH
06-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I think Kobe WOULD opt out, but unlike what many of you guys says, he'll sign back up for the Lakers for a longer but not max money contract to help keep the team intact. At least that's my opinion.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 02:33 AM
Like I said as bad as my knicks have been, the best names you can come up with off the Laker bench is Luke Walton and Sasha Vujacic...I rest my case.

Phil is the master of making one dimensional role players, effective guys off the bench. He knows how to prepare role players to make consistent contributions.

But really, they aren't that good...at least not as good as you think they are.

BTW - you used Sasha and Luke's names :p as our best bench player is named Odom

I would rather have players who know their limitations and actually understand the sport of basketball and situations in the game which is what Luke and Sasha know because that is what Phil has taught them.

You can also make the claim that some of your talent is n't that good and are the product of an up tempo system.

Phil stated that he was going to sign on a year by year basis and on NBA TV Gary Payton said that Phil talked to him and said that he would coach next year and hopes to stay another 2-3 years after that if his health permits him to and that he wants to groom Shaw/Rambis to take over and Fisher to be an assistant coach.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Why does everyone act like the Knicks are the premier team in the NBA. Baron Davis left a decent GS team for the bright lights of L.A. How'd that work out? If either Lebron or Kobe go to NY they will regret it.

Nobody is saying they are the premier team in the NBA. But New York is the premier sports city in the world. New York is one of the original NBA franchises and they play in the worlds most famous arena. Whether you wanna admit it or not, playing ball in NYC (where basketball is king) is a pretty big deal.

Baron Davis left an ok Golden State team for the bright lights of LA CLIPPERS...need I say more?

Maybe it would have worked better thus far if he wasn't a walking infirmary unit.:rolleyes:

Nice example by the way:rolleyes:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland, I truly doubt he would regret leaving a **** city that has never been committed to being anything less than utterly pathetic.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 03:14 AM

I would rather have players who know their limitations and actually understand the sport of basketball and situations in the game which is what Luke and Sasha know because that is what Phil has taught them.

You can also make the claim that some of your talent is n't that good and are the product of an up tempo system.

Phil stated that he was going to sign on a year by year basis and on NBA TV Gary Payton said that Phil talked to him and said that he would coach next year and hopes to stay another 2-3 years after that if his health permits him to and that he wants to groom Shaw/Rambis to take over and Fisher to be an assistant coach.

Odom is a bench player that plays starter minutes...and I mentioned him as some1 who might be leaving soon. He doesn't qualify for this discussion. I said b4 if they didn't resign Lamar, they would be left with Gasol and whoever they had left on the bench. You must read carefully my son.

The bottom line is, you think Sasha and Luke are better than they are, and you've made that incredibly obvious.

I'm also aware of the fact that Mike D's system inflate some statistics, but I'm also smart enough to know, my team had a pretty good bench last season, it was one of our strengths and lone bright spots.

kblo247
06-13-2009, 03:35 AM
Odom is a bench player that plays starter minutes...and I mentioned him as some1 who might be leaving soon. He doesn't qualify for this discussion. I said b4 if they didn't resign Lamar, they would be left with Gasol and whoever they had left on the bench. You must read carefully my son.

The bottom line is, you think Sasha and Luke are better than they are, and you've made that incredibly obvious.

I'm also aware of the fact that Mike D's system inflate some statistics, but I'm also smart enough to know, my team had a pretty good bench last season, it was one of our strengths and lone bright spots.

I also know that out bench consisting of Walton, Sasha, and Jordan with Odom starting and without Trevor and Drew played above your bench and every other teams for a year and helped get us to the Finals not the lottery once again son ;)

BcEuAbRsS
06-13-2009, 03:56 AM
I also know that out bench consisting of Walton, Sasha, and Jordan with Odom starting and without Trevor and Drew played above your bench and every other teams for a year and helped get us to the Finals not the lottery once again son ;)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

juggla53
06-13-2009, 03:57 AM
He may opt out but he sure as hell isnt leaveing. Hes a game away from his fourth ring and considering hes still in his prime and has two fairly young talented 7 footer's plus ariza and/or odom returning there's no situation that would be better for him. If he keep's on his statistical pace and win's a few more rings he will be in the discussion as one of the greatest players of alltime and doing it all with one team would make it that much better.

BcEuAbRsS
06-13-2009, 03:57 AM

I think you have done the same for the Knicks...

juggla53
06-13-2009, 04:02 AM
Nobody is saying they are the premier team in the NBA. But New York is the premier sports city in the world. New York is one of the original NBA franchises and they play in the worlds most famous arena. Whether you wanna admit it or not, playing ball in NYC (where basketball is king) is a pretty big deal.

Baron Davis left an ok Golden State team for the bright lights of LA CLIPPERS...need I say more?

Maybe it would have worked better thus far if he wasn't a walking infirmary unit.:rolleyes:

Nice example by the way:rolleyes:

If Lebron leaves Cleveland, I truly doubt he would regret leaving a **** city that has never been committed to being anything less than utterly pathetic.

He left for 68 million dollars and the fact that he thought he was going to be playing with elton brand

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:04 AM

You're bench played well, they were solid all year long, but so was my knicks bench...only we didn't have the best player in the world taking the all the big shots and making them. Without Odom, you're bench isn't impressive, an thats something you can't sugar coat.

Without Odom, the knicks bench is easily better.

Jordan Farmar is awful by the way, you were better off mentioning shannon brown over that scrub. He can't do anything right in the playoffs.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:07 AM
I think you have done the same for the Knicks...

? done what?

I know my knicks sucked this year, but we had one of the better benches in the league.

Move along scrub.

dos132
06-13-2009, 04:07 AM
it will not happen with this situation, but if the lakers loss the finals with a 3-1 lead(which is impossible), the trades will happen... :horse:

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:10 AM
He left for 68 million dollars and the fact that he thought he was going to be playing with elton brand

No ****...whats you're point exactly??? That was a response to someone else's post. don't think you understand the context of our discussion.

But thanx for uh...nothing?

kblo247
06-13-2009, 04:32 AM
You're bench played well, they were solid all year long, but so was my knicks bench...only we didn't have the best player in the world taking the all the big shots and making them. Without Odom, you're bench isn't impressive, an thats something you can't sugar coat.

Without Odom, the knicks bench is easily better.

Jordan Farmar is awful by the way, you were better off mentioning shannon brown over that scrub. He can't do anything right in the playoffs.

I said last years bench this not having Drew or Trevor.

Give em a squad that fines ways to win over won who finds ways to ping pong ball every day of the week my friend because what they lack in talent they make up for in skills

pete_one
06-13-2009, 06:37 AM
kobe opting out to sign a minimum deal to keep the team together and to add another all star piece to the team and dominate the league! lol jk

bolts4ever
06-13-2009, 07:38 AM
HEY LAKER NATION WHAT IS THAT SMELL?????? OOOOOh THEIRS A KNICKS FAN HERE!!! U know ur team is GARBAGE when U START TALKING ABOUT the SUMMER OF 2010 in the FALL of 2008!!!
KOBE 2 da KNICKS!!! REALLY KNICK FANS!!! YEAH THAT'S A GREAT DREAM!!!
KOBE WILL opt out but he will resign and suprisingly take LESS MONEY so we can keep this team together because get this KNICK FAN!!! KOBE LIKES TO WIN!!! And WINNING in NEW YORK is a DISTANT MEMORY!!! ASK SPIKE LEE.... C U IN DA SUMMER OF 2010....

bolts4ever
06-13-2009, 07:38 AM
HEY LAKER NATION WHAT IS THAT SMELL?????? OOOOOh THEIRS A KNICKS FAN HERE!!! U know ur team is GARBAGE when U START TALKING ABOUT the SUMMER OF 2010 in the FALL of 2008!!!
KOBE WILL opt out but he will resign and suprisingly take LESS MONEY so we can keep this team together because get this KNICK FAN!!! KOBE LIKES TO WIN!!! And WINNING in NEW YORK is a DISTANT MEMORY!!! ASK SPIKE LEE.... C U IN DA SUMMER OF 2010....

SouljahPhil...
06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
relax man..

Mc Uncle Cola
06-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Kobe to the knicks
and
lebron to the nets

: )

Rapt0rs
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Kobe's not opting out anytime soon

todu82
06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
I can't see Kobe leaving, especially if they win another title.

Lakermania33
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't think that Kobe will leave LA. It's not because he likes the management because Jerry West, Magic, Shaq, and Kobe have all had big time fallouts with Jerry Buss, the thing is why would he want to start over? He is a superstar and a superstar's ego is always fueled by his place in history. Stars are always remembered by the amount of rings they have, and NY is not going to get any rings in the near future. The Lakers have an outstanding starting 5 and a deep strong bench. He'd be a fool to opt out to start over. Someone responded on here that he would not be heart broken at all if the Knicks didn't get Kobe. That sort of thinking is the reason why NY will not sign any Mega-stars in the "Big" free agent market. Listen to the Garden when Kobe and Bron are there it's insane, yet there are some of you who do not appreciate the greatness of these players. It's unfortunate because management listens to those few who don't appreciate the stars that's why I don't think they will land a Mega-Star.

domz248
06-13-2009, 10:39 AM
lolol why would kobe opted out ??? he's about to win number 4 ... were about to go for a 2peat

BUCSFORLIFE123
06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Kobe will opt out.

exactly . theres no wa hes going to go any other team besides the lakers, hes a laker for life . and plus phil jackson offense tempo is similar to D'antoni, not much difference, high scoring offense. and kobes getting up there in age so he wouldnt want to suit wit a fastbreak kind of offense

lakers sqaud
06-13-2009, 02:09 PM
too true. Since the knicks don't have any dreams to begin with. :smoking:

i disagree, all they have is dreams....:)

lakers sqaud
06-13-2009, 02:27 PM

yeah I read about that 2,also I heard shaw is very interested in the usc job~!

Kevj77
06-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Kobe's not opting out anytime soonI'm willing to bet he does. He wants a new contract that will allow him to end his career in LA. He will opt out and sign with the Lakers, just like Arod opted out and re-signed with the Yankees.

Sorry Knicks fans its not just about money. Kobe likes to win. In LA he will make the max on be on a championship caliber team.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow this **** is still open?...and at the number 2 spot no less, jeez.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:52 PM
I said last years bench this not having Drew or Trevor.

Give em a squad that fines ways to win over won who finds ways to ping pong ball every day of the week my friend because what they lack in talent they make up for in skills

Dude, I didn't understand a god damn thing you just said:confused:

championships
06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry Knicks no Kobe, no Lebron, Go and draft your own damn superstar.

xabial
06-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Since their founding in 1970 the clippers have
Championships 0
Conference titles 0
Division titles 0

Even tho Knick fans do dream a lot, but they thave something to dream about :)
You can only hope Blake isnt a greg oden

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 02:59 PM

Thats post was so good, he posted it twice. And yes the caps do make you that much more intimidating :rolleyes:.

I would love to see Kobe take less money on his last contract he'll prob ever sign, depending on how long he wants to play. I wonder how you we're feeling when Kobe said he was gonna bounce LA for another city lol, bet you we're brought to tears...in CAPS;)

Nothing is etched in stone...but I agree, he prob will stay. But If you think he's gonna take a huge hit to his wallet, you really are as dumb a laker fan as I think you are.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't think that Kobe will leave LA. It's not because he likes the management because Jerry West, Magic, Shaq, and Kobe have all had big time fallouts with Jerry Buss, the thing is why would he want to start over? He is a superstar and a superstar's ego is always fueled by his place in history. Stars are always remembered by the amount of rings they have, and NY is not going to get any rings in the near future. The Lakers have an outstanding starting 5 and a deep strong bench. He'd be a fool to opt out to start over. Someone responded on here that he would not be heart broken at all if the Knicks didn't get Kobe. That sort of thinking is the reason why NY will not sign any Mega-stars in the "Big" free agent market. Listen to the Garden when Kobe and Bron are there it's insane, yet there are some of you who do not appreciate the greatness of these players. It's unfortunate because management listens to those few who don't appreciate the stars that's why I don't think they will land a Mega-Star.

You're logic for us acquiring a mega star is non existent. We haven't had the cap space to sign a mega star in years. We never scrapped a roster or purged a season to get to that point. We could and should have a superstar already, had things transpired a lil differently. We've always been a team thats had marquis talent, and I think people forget that, its amazing what a decade of losing can do. Most of the Knicks haters are in the "I WAS BORN IN 1991" group, thats all over the PSD like roaches, and think they understand the NBA or its history. They only know a Knicks team thats been as pathetic. I've seen 4 decades of NBA ball, and I understand the parody of the NBA. Teams go through long periods of losing sometimes (ask Boston) only to rise up and contend with the addition of a few STAR players.

We're gonna have money to spend, and odds are, we do land a mega star type player in the near future.

Someone responded on here that he would not be heart broken at all if the Knicks didn't get Kobe. That sort of thinking is the reason why NY will not sign any Mega-stars in the "Big" free agent market.

I don't really understand what you're talking about here.:rolleyes: lol b/c a Knick fan expresses the fact that he's not gonna be "heartbroken" Kobe doesn't sign with us (when its already unlikely) we're not gonna ever sign a mega star??? IDK dude, maybe you were just filling space in a post. :eyebrow:

NYC has always attracted Mega Stars, and will continue to.

ARMIN12NBA
06-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Reporter: Kobe you mentioned Phil being amused by people thinking that he's thinking about his future, how does it strike you that after the turmoil you were involved in a couple summers ago now only a few weeks away from you having a decision about your future that it's really not being discussed or talked about?

KB: I have a decision about my future?

Reporter: Uh, you can terminate your contract after the season

KB: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Reporter: How does it strike you that, that, um, when that moment comes, you know, that it will be again a topic whereas it's not now?

KB: It won't be a topic. It won't be a topic. It won't be an issue.

Reporter: Could you elaborate on what you mean by that?

KB: No, that's exactly why it won't be an issue. (laughs)

Bill Plaschke: Kobe I guess because you just brought it up, can you imagine playing for anyone else besides the Lakers?

KB: I didn't bring it up. I deflected. (laughs)

Plaschke: I know, I'm just saying you did. So can you imagine playing for anyone else besides the Lakers next year?

KB: No.

Plaschke: Ok, I got that.

:laugh: Great interview.

plpfctn
06-13-2009, 03:29 PM
kobe's option for the final two years of the contract is this year as in this upcoming offseason and not next year. if he decides to stay with the lakers then he has to play out the remaining two years of the contract. he'll probably opt to get a bigger longer contract from the lakers or restructure it to allow the team to resign their FAs. bottom line, Kobe's going nowhere. He'll be a Laker for at least several years.

architect13563
06-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Kobe opt out to pull an "Arenas"? i think that's the only likely scenario if he does. He's not leaving LA.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 03:32 PM
exactly . theres no wa hes going to go any other team besides the lakers, hes a laker for life . and plus phil jackson offense tempo is similar to D'antoni, not much difference, high scoring offense. and kobes getting up there in age so he wouldnt want to suit wit a fastbreak kind of offense

I've heard the "Laker for Life" thing b4, its a load of ****, ask shaq. I do feel that he prob will stay with the lakers, as long as they keep enough talent on the roster.

As for Kobe and how he fits in D'antoni's offense, your absolutely wrong. Kobe would love to play in that offense, he loved it over the summer in the Olympics. Its not just a "fast break offense" its predicated on ensuring there is ball movement on offense and open shots for everyone. Its the best offense in the league when it comes to avoiding double and triple teams, something Kobe would love as he approaches the twilight of his career.

Odds are he stays, but he could contend in the East easily with whoever the Knicks have on the roster by 2010. He's made the playoff with some sorry laker teams b4.

geoffizfoshiz
06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I am amazed at how ridiculous this topic is.

You used the fact that Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers at one point as support that Kobe "could" opt out, but you fail to consider the reason why he originally asked to leave LA...because they weren't winning. So why in the world would he even consider going to the Knicks...who have been losing for much of the decade?

Nothing frustrates Kobe more than losing...and the New York Knicks is pretty much synonymous with losing these days. It is a waste of time and space to even suggest for a second that he would make this move.

...just my opinion.

The Knicks are MUCH more likely to land LeBron...and I don't even think that will happen.

Cali4rnia
06-13-2009, 03:39 PM
when u have everything right for u... a nice house, family, his kids going to school.. u dont wanna leave that behind.. all we look at is he will make lots of money there n here.. come on he is a lakers for life.. if he didnt leave before there is no reason for him to leave now

championships
06-13-2009, 03:46 PM
]I've heard the "Laker for Life" thing b4, its a load of ****, ask shaq. [/B]I do feel that he prob will stay with the lakers, as long as they keep enough talent on the roster.

As for Kobe and how he fits in D'antoni's offense, your absolutely wrong. Kobe would love to play in that offense, he loved it over the summer in the Olympics. Its not just a "fast break offense" its predicated on ensuring there is ball movement on offense and open shots for everyone. Its the best offense in the league when it comes to avoiding double and triple teams, something Kobe would love as he approaches the twilight of his career.

Odds are he stays, but he could contend in the East easily with whoever the Knicks have on the roster by 2010. He's made the playoff with some sorry laker teams b4.

Shaq is a different story, He was not a lakers for life because he did not start his career here. Lakers traded for him, But players like Magic and Jerry West played their whole career with the Lakers. From the first game in the league to their last, Kobe will soon follow. "Lakers for life".

ARMIN12NBA
06-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Shaq is a different story, He was not a lakers for life because he did not start his career here. Lakers traded for him, But players like Magic and Jerry West played their whole career with the Lakers. From the first game in the league to their last, Kobe will soon follow. "Lakers for life".

The Lakers didn't trade for Shaq. In fact, the Lakers actually traded for Kobe.

hgtiger32
06-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I've heard the "Laker for Life" thing b4, its a load of ****, ask shaq. I do feel that he prob will stay with the lakers, as long as they keep enough talent on the roster.

HAHA just curious...question for everyone...didn't shaq say this year that once his contract is done in phoenix if he doesnt join grant hill in orlando, that he would love to come back and play for the lakers with kobe? thought i heard that once

And also an argument a ways back...mr. bloops said that the knicks have one of the best benches in the league? hmmm...really...then if that's the case why isn't that group starting instead of the group who did and didnt make the playoffs. who's their bench consist of?

mrblisterdundee
06-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Kobe Bryant is staying on Los Angeles. He is about to win his fourth championship, and his first without Shaquille O'neal. There are no signs of the Lakers not being a championship-caliber team for the rest of Kobe's most productive years. Andrew Bynum is continually developing into a dominant center. Lamar Odom already said that he'd take a pay cut to stay with the Lakers. Even if he does leave, Trevor Ariza is continually improving into a talented small forward. There's also something impressive to say about a player that sticks with one team through his entire career. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:03 PM

The Lakers didn't trade for shaq, they signed him. They also traded Divac to Charlotte for Kobe Bryant.

You got it all backwards.

Prob one of the "born in 1991" NBA fans I was talking bout.

"Lakers for Life" boy should do his homework.

championships
06-13-2009, 04:17 PM
The Lakers didn't trade for shaq, they signed him. They also traded Divac to Charlotte for Kobe Bryant.

You got it all backwards.

Prob one of the "born in 1991" NBA fans I was talking bout.

"Lakers for Life" boy should do his homework.

Kobe was traded for during the draft. Before he even stepped on the court. Pretty much was our draft pick. I"m probably older than you so don't give me this 91 crap

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:18 PM
HAHA just curious...question for everyone...didn't shaq say this year that once his contract is done in phoenix if he doesnt join grant hill in orlando, that he would love to come back and play for the lakers with kobe? thought i heard that once

And also an argument a ways back...mr. bloops said that the knicks have one of the best benches in the league? hmmm...really...then if that's the case why isn't that group starting instead of the group who did and didnt make the playoffs. who's their bench consist of?

My names Bloop there tiger.

Nate Robinson, Al Harrington, Danillo Gallinari, Tim Thomas.

Thats a pretty damn good bench if you take a good look at the rest of the league there buddy boy.

Some players are better suited to come off the bench, and their stats reflect that. For example, a guy like Tim Thomas is an awful starter on any team, but have come off the bench, and he has the ability to rain down threes on a team in the post season...just ask the Lakers a few years ago when he torched their *****.

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Kobe was traded for during the draft. Before he even stepped on the court. Pretty much was our draft pick. I"m probably older than you so don't give me this 91 crap

Yeah no ****, I knew that, not sure you did. I noticed you didn't touch on the fact that you were wrong about the lakers "trading for Shaq" :rolleyes: good job.

You're prob not older than me by the way. were you born b4 73' ?

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 04:27 PM
when u have everything right for u... a nice house, family, his kids going to school.. u dont wanna leave that behind.. all we look at is he will make lots of money there n here.. come on he is a lakers for life.. if he didnt leave before there is no reason for him to leave now

You made great points. All I'm doing here is stretching a plausible situation I know deep down, prob wont happen, but its sure is fun watching every1 post basically the same "lakers for life" post on every page ;)

abe_froman
06-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Bryant was asked Saturday if he can imagine playing for anyone other than the Lakers next season.

"No" was Bryant's fast response,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4256465

KB24PG16
06-13-2009, 04:42 PM
the only way he opts out if he wants to take less money to keep ariza and odom

geoffizfoshiz
06-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Why would you write about something that you knowingly admit is probably not going to happen, and than critisize people for coming and saying it's not going to happen?

MrBloop
06-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Why would you write about something that you knowingly admit is probably not going to happen, and than critisize people for coming and saying it's not going to happen?

I've only criticized* people that have said something about untrue about the Knicks. I doubt it would happen, but its still plausible enough to discuss politely. Some people in here wanna argue just to argue.

I will criticize someone who says the Lakers bench is amazing, even without Odom on it...cuz its not.

And without Odom on the bench, the Knicks bench is better, I stand by that.

Thats really as far as my criticism's went.