PDA

View Full Version : The season that never was

Boston Faithful
06-12-2009, 03:41 AM
In my eyes, it's a damn shame if the Lakers win a title this season. It will always be in the back of my mind - as a Celtics fan - that I don't think the Lakers would have had a chance against a healthy Celtics team. The Celtics took the Magic (the same team facing the Lakers in the Finals) to 7 games and almost won in 6 games. The Celtics were loaded healthy and had more heart than all the teams in the playoffs combined. That is undeniable. It really is such a shame. No rematch.

So Kobe can win his title and he can know in his mind that this season - he was second best.

Statik1
06-12-2009, 03:51 AM
I just get joy in the fact that you took time to make a thread like this and well also to know thats the way you think. Here's looking at you kid ;)

Statik1
06-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Oh and .....HOW DOES IT FEEL TO WANT ?

ggg
06-12-2009, 03:55 AM
your eyes sux then.

Vincent
06-12-2009, 03:56 AM
This is why I hate everything to do with Boston

Statik1
06-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Oh and let me guess you probably think Sam Adams is a good beer ?

Lakerfrk
06-12-2009, 04:03 AM
wowww how incredibly inappropriate....

Who's to say the Celtics would have been in the finals? The Cavs match up better against the Celtics than they do against Orlando...

Boston STILL would have had trouble with Chicago even WITH Garnett....

Plus... are you writing off Big Baby's contributions? cause those wouldnt have happened with Garnet...

You can't write off a team just because you were injured...... Don't open that door to let the "last year we would have won if we had Bynum" comments in... (even though I'm really not in that group).

anjolomotan
06-12-2009, 04:04 AM
haha thats what you get for having an old team. your guys have lots of miles on them and i honestly don't see boston being a factor anymore in the east. orlando is young, cavs are young. boston is old and kg's knee isnt going to ever be what it was.

besides, last year the lakers were missing bynum and ariza. so in my opinion, last year was a damn shame since a healthy laker team would have whooped. boo hoo. whatever makes you feel better! loser.

lakerboy
06-12-2009, 04:06 AM
For people like you, there's always NBA 2K9.

You can have your dream "healthy Celtics" vs "healthy Rockets" NBA Finals.

EDIT:

And yeah, I predict Houston in 6.

GspLAL
06-12-2009, 04:06 AM

Who's to say the Celtics would have been in the finals? The Cavs match up better against the Celtics than they do against Orlando...

Plus... are you writing off Big Baby's contributions? cause those wouldnt have happened with Garnet...

You can't write off a team just because you were injured...... Don't open that door to let the "last year we would have won if we had Bynum" comments in... (even though I'm really not in that group).

:clap: Remember the regular season games? Where we took your physical play and used it against you? Yeah, keep being cocky cuz this isn't the same team as last year.

Hellcrooner
06-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Oh my Laker bones tell me that if Pau Gasol trade had happened in offseason and not in februrary last year and he had ha an entire seaso to adjust to the triangle like now you woudl HAVE not won the finals last year.

Oh may i also remind you we had Ariza and Bynum out?

Lakerfrk
06-12-2009, 04:18 AM
:clap: Remember the regular season games? Where we took your physical play and used it against you? Yeah, keep being cocky cuz this isn't the same team as last year.

Bro... I'm a Laker fan... I was proving to HIM that even with Garnett, the Celtics may not have made the finals...

holocaust227
06-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Is it me or is Ariza to the Lakers is somewhat like Boston's Posey this year.

GspLAL
06-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Bro... I'm a Laker fan... I was proving to HIM that even with Garnett, the Celtics may not have made the finals...

I know, I was applauding your comments and adding mine.

downsos
06-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Who's to say that the Bulls wouldn't had beaten the Celtics if Deng was healthy?

Lakerfrk
06-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I know, I was applauding your comments and adding mine.

Oh, haha.. I thought you were arguing mine....

well... then... YEAH, So THERE, Celtics!

GspLAL
06-12-2009, 04:30 AM
In my eyes, it's a damn shame if the Lakers win a title this season. It will always be in the back of my mind - as a Celtics fan - that I don't think the Lakers would have had a chance against a healthy Celtics team. The Celtics took the Magic (the same team facing the Lakers in the Finals) to 7 games and almost won in 6 games. The Celtics were loaded healthy and had more heart than all the teams in the playoffs combined. That is undeniable. It really is such a shame. No rematch.

So Kobe can win his title and he can know in his mind that this season - he was second best.

In my eyes, its a damn shame that the Celtics won the title last season. It will always be in the back of my mind - as a Lakers fan - that I dont think the Celtics would have had a change against a healthy Lakers team. So Garnett can win his title but he will always know in his mind that it was against a Lakers team without their 2 main defensive players and that - he was second best.

MickeyMgl
06-12-2009, 04:31 AM

:violin:

Ask the Celtics if the champagne tasted any less sweet for not playing a healthy Laker team last season.

Besides, the Lakers beat the Celtics twice this season, each time with less than their full squad. Nothing to prove.

azkarraga
06-12-2009, 04:32 AM
lakers second best? that's why they are called the finals? so we all can know who's the second best!!!

lol

ElSerenoBlu
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
LOL!!! This guy just put his foot in his mouth!! LOL!

BostonFool.

Unruly Fan
06-12-2009, 11:25 AM

So Kobe can win his title and he can know in his mind that this season - he was second best.Sorry but the point of this thread is as bias as they come.

Boston Faithful
06-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Bynum sucks. He's a bust and quite frankly, a piece of crap.

He's done nothing in the Finals AND the playoffs. Nothing but foul Dwight Howard.

Boston Faithful
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
In my eyes, its a damn shame that the Celtics won the title last season. It will always be in the back of my mind - as a Lakers fan - that I dont think the Celtics would have had a change against a healthy Lakers team. So Garnett can win his title but he will always know in his mind that it was against a Lakers team without their 2 main defensive players and that - he was second best.

Once again, Bynum blows. He's a bust. He's about as good as Leon Powe. So yeah, you were pretty much healthy last season. The Lakers are lucky that LeBron didn't get to the Finals either because he would have whooped them as well.

op12
06-12-2009, 11:47 AM
i agree that it would have probably been a boston/la rematch. who knows who would win. i think it would have been a better series than last year. ariza would help a lot and bynum some. hopefully next year both squads can stay healthy and keep the core together and we can see a match up of both teams fully loaded.

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Your so cute sweetie, you precious little thing you, I love that skirt on you it's so damn sexy.

tr4shb0t
06-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Didn't the Celtics have to cheat to get past the Bulls?

Stop crying about injuries...lakers had their share of injuries last year.

albertc86
06-12-2009, 11:54 AM
The Lakers didn't have a healthy Ariza nor was Bynum in the line-up last year, so what's your point?

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
your eyes sux then.

Stop picking on my girlfriend.:mad:

Boston Faithful
06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Stop picking on my girlfriend.:mad:

LOL, that's funny. I bet you were saying that when Leon Powe made the Lakers their ***** last season going coast to coast and nearly embarrassing the entire team. Wait, oh that's right the Celtics won by almost 50 in Game 6. Yeah, tell them the Lakers would have won again. :rolleyes:

mser58
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Boston fan whining, come on now, your city has had it's glory the past couple years stop complaining about what could have been.

What would have happened if Lebron joined LA half way through the season after announcing retirement and Paul Pierce retired or hurt his tibia?

What could have been is irrelevant, all that matters is what is.

If the Celtics were REALLY good they would have done it w/o KG

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM

when the Celtics were healthy this year, they opened up 27-2. just keep that in mind. and that was before Rondo and Big Baby became the players people saw later on.

This year's Celtics were indeed better than last year. They were able to win 62 games without KG playing in about 26 of them. If KG went down last year, it would have been a lot worse.

Also dont forget Leon Powe's contribution in last year's Finals. He didnt get to play much this year as well.

A healthy Celtics team this year would have been an incredibly difficult to beat.

picture this, outside of KG playing. off the bench, the Celtics would have had Marbury, House, (Pierce or Ray stays in), Big Baby, and Leon Powe. instead of Scal and mikki "moore fouls than points"

king4day
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM

You mean FIRST best. And that's assuming they win.
But this is nothing but a jealous filled hate thread.

Maybe if LA had Bynum last year the Lakers win and we aren't even talkin about Boston. Enough with this nonsense.

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 12:08 PM
when the Celtics were healthy this year, they opened up 27-2. just keep that in mind. and that was before Rondo and Big Baby became the players people saw later on.

This year's Celtics were indeed better than last year. They were able to win 62 games without KG playing in about 26 of them. If KG went down last year, it would have been a lot worse.

Also dont forget Leon Powe's contribution in last year's Finals. He didnt get to play much this year as well.

A healthy Celtics team this year would have been an incredibly difficult to beat.

picture this, outside of KG playing. off the bench, the Celtics would have had Marbury, House, (Pierce or Ray stays in), Big Baby, and Leon Powe. instead of Scal and mikki "moore fouls than points"

I agree that Boston would have made the finals this year at full strength

king4day
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
LOL, that's funny. I bet you were saying that when Leon Powe made the Lakers their ***** last season going coast to coast and nearly embarrassing the entire team. Wait, oh that's right the Celtics won by almost 50 in Game 6. Yeah, tell them the Lakers would have won again. :rolleyes:

Do you truely think any LA fan is thinking at this moment, "man we're 1 win from a title, but damn, that near 50pt loss a year ago is still front and center on my mind".
Who cares. You don't hear Kings fans or Suns fans talking about misfortunes.
That's the way of the game.

The fact is, KG and Powe DID get injured. We'll never know what could have happend, but what we are seeing is LA take advantages of the opportunities presented to them and they will get their ring for it.
No one deserves it more. Not the Magic, not Lebron, and certainly not the Celtics.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Typical Boston fan whining, come on now, your city has had it's glory the past couple years stop complaining about what could have been.

What would have happened if Lebron joined LA half way through the season after announcing retirement and Paul Pierce retired or hurt his tibia?

What could have been is irrelevant, all that matters is what is.

If the Celtics were REALLY good they would have done it w/o KG

u gotta understand how frusterating this year has been.

picture this,

Red Sox went to game 7 against the Rays without World Series MVP Mike Lowell and a healthy Josh Beckett or even a healthy David Ortiz and with Manny being a *** and messing it up causing a trade (we do love Bay tho).

The Patriots lost Tom Brady on opening day and went 11-5 MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. some how

Then watching KG and Leon go down like that was effen cruel to see.

as a Celtics realist, believe me this year's team was much better than last year. if KG went down last year, no way they get as far as they did this year.

frustrating year for what could have been. I know injuries shouldnt be an excuse, but man look at these names that were MIA.

Tom Brady
Josh Beckett
Kevin Garnett
David Ortiz
Mike Lowell
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison

All of these guys lost thier season to stupid injuries. what could have been...

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree that Boston would have made the finals this year at full strength

this year's series would have been so CRAZY. i bet their would have been a fight. thats how intense and close it would have been. too bad tho. anyways, enjoy the title. Kobe deserves it

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
this year's series would have been so CRAZY. i bet their would have been a fight. thats how intense and close it would have been. too bad tho. anyways, enjoy the title. Kobe deserves it

I agree 100% there would have been a fight, can you imagine the ratings. I wonder if we are going to play you guys on Christmas again.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree 100% there would have been a fight, can you imagine the ratings. I wonder if we are going to play you guys on Christmas again.

as entertaining as it was last year, i dont think its fair to players to put them in a hostile game on Christmas.

king4day
06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
u gotta understand how frusterating this year has been.

picture this,

Red Sox went to game 7 against the Rays without World Series MVP Mike Lowell and a healthy Josh Beckett or even a healthy David Ortiz and with Manny being a *** and messing it up causing a trade (we do love Bay tho).

The Patriots lost Tom Brady on opening day and went 11-5 MISSED THE PLAYOFFS. some how

Then watching KG and Leon go down like that was effen cruel to see.

as a Celtics realist, believe me this year's team was much better than last year. if KG went down last year, no way they get as far as they did this year.

frustrating year for what could have been. I know injuries shouldnt be an excuse, but man look at these names that were MIA.

Tom Brady
Josh Beckett
Kevin Garnett
David Ortiz
Mike Lowell
Adalius Thomas
Rodney Harrison

All of these guys lost thier season to stupid injuries. what could have been...

I say this not trying to bait because you are one of the cooler Boston fans here.
I'm not sure how many non Boston fans are going to feel bad for Redsox team that's won 2 rings in the last 5 years, Patriots who won 3 rings this decade and the Celtics who won just last year.

Unfortunately you have the Celtic fan who started this thread making Boston fans look bad when that's not fair to posters like you.
Not sure why this thread hasn't already been closed.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
No, you're just a guy hitting on a guy, which makes you gay. Like the entire Lakers fanbase.

It's okay, you've probably been in the closet a long time. It will probably bring joy to some of your close one's lives that you have brought your gayness into the public.

chill. let them enjoy it. dont be like some of their fans last year being bitter.

I am frustrated too that we did not get to see our team rightfully defend the title, but it is wat it is.

Its their year so just let it go.

D_Rose1118
06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
boston shouldnt even have gotten past the bulls:D:D

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
as entertaining as it was last year, i dont think its fair to players to put them in a hostile game on Christmas.

Ya your right, not really keeping with the holiday spirit.

king4day
06-12-2009, 12:21 PM

I think it would have been a lot more exciting than last year.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I say this not trying to bait because you are one of the cooler Boston fans here.
I'm not sure how many non Boston fans are going to feel bad for Redsox team that's won 2 rings in the last 5 years, Patriots who won 3 rings this decade and the Celtics who won just last year.

Unfortunately you have the Celtic fan who started this thread making Boston fans look bad when that's not fair to posters like you.
Not sure why this thread hasn't already been closed.

no i totally understand and thanks. I am diehard Boston sports, but Im not a hater.

of course people dont like us. we been winning everything this decade. not to mention the Red Sox are now 8-0 vs. the yankees.

dont get me wrong, we have been blessed and lucky and we still are. All of our sports teams are run by amazingly bright management and the Patriots and Red Sox are in position to contend for more titles this year and beyond.

all im saying is 2008 was just such a bad turn of luck. 2009 looks better already.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:24 PM
boston shouldnt even have gotten past the bulls:D:D

lol half the people in the sig bet from that series never honored it.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Ya your right, not really keeping with the holiday spirit.

u can say that again.

heres to a 2010 NBA Finals of Celtics vs. Lakers

shas
06-12-2009, 12:30 PM

u should be banned for life from life. lol

Mc Uncle Cola
06-12-2009, 12:38 PM
hahahaha this guys got to be kidding...and i bet ur still cryin over ur pats too.hahaha

TheBlackHole
06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
This is the worst thread I've seen in a while, purely pathetic. Expect nothing less from a boston fan.

Squad13
06-12-2009, 12:57 PM

You stay classy KG

azkarraga
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I dont see the point of this thread. You only open it if you wanna get abused...

still1ballin
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
This thread is funny, I am surprised it has lasted this long.

Lakerfrk
06-12-2009, 02:09 PM

HEy hey... I never said the Celtics WOULDN'T win if KG was there... I just said that you can't be sure they WOULD win.... nothing is for sure...

making blanket statements is just a poor choice. The Lakers could beat the Celtics with KG, and the Celtics with KG could beat the Lakers... we'll never know...

VCaintdead17
06-12-2009, 02:10 PM
uhhh

S-Dot
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Lets keep it nice here people the guy is a Boston fan stating his opinion, I'm not a Lakers fan myself but realistically basketball is not of game "what ifs" so the team that holds up the Larry O'Brien trophy is the best

ko8e24
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey fellow PSDers, wanted to ask yall, is there such a thing called "BOSTON FAITHFUL" that exists in this world. Isn't that oxymoronic?

Lakers_ftw
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Who's to say that the Bulls wouldn't had beaten the Celtics if Deng was healthy? Exactly

masalex1205
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh and let me guess you probably think Sam Adams is a good beer ?

I hope this is a joke.

ewing
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM

the Celtic are better then every team ever combined. Its undeniable!

ko8e24
06-12-2009, 02:46 PM
This thread doesnt even make sense, MODS, I kindly request you close this.

And last comment from me: Boston fans, you failed to repeat, and we wanna whip ya and get our redemption against you fools in 2010 finals. I would love for us to repeat by beating yall

(sorry magic fans, no pun intended, i know im getting a little ahead of myself. You guys are classy as hell, if we have a re-match, that'd be awesome as well, good luck rest of series)

CityofTreez
06-12-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm a Kings fan, but I'll give you guys credit for a great playoff run this year and last year, but, your argument about a healthy Lakers team w/ Kobe playing is kind of out there? Bynum doesn't even play in crunch time minutes for these playoffs, and Ariza against pierce last year? IDK, I think you guys just had a difficult time guarding those healthy players, but you got to admit, Kobe was healthy and that is your offense.

ElMarroAfamado
06-12-2009, 03:08 PM
this is the gayest thing ever
unless your a girl you should really be ashamed of your crying

ElMarroAfamado
06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
and the Celtics had their chance this year....they are not making the finals again any time soon so eh deal with it

lakers sqaud
06-12-2009, 03:49 PM

wow a celtics fan showing some respect for L.A.,has hell frozzen over?:confused: