PDA

View Full Version : Should Pietrus be suspended for Game 5?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 01:36 AM
what it says

GspLAL
06-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Na, Gasol should have held the ball so he got frustrated, everyone was fired up no blood no harm.

S.J.Basketball
06-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Made a dangerous play and hit Gasol pretty the damn hard at full running force. Yea. I think it warrants one, but I don't think he'll get it. Maybe a Flagrant 1 upgrade when it's all said and done, but that'll be it.

DCB/LAL
Yes!! You witnessed it emotions run high but you cant do that if this was ron artest who had done that he probably would of been ejected and suspended for the next game wouldn't you say things could of been worse lucky for him nothing happened except a tech given to both

Duncan = Donkey
lol, **** NO

Statik1
06-12-2009, 01:47 AM
The NBA will not suspend the French men for that. It's not going to happen.

superkegger
06-12-2009, 01:49 AM
No. I think he should have been tossed from the game, but no, he shouldnt' be suspended. It was a dirty play, and it has no place in basketball, and he should have been tossed, but he shouldn't be suspended.

sp1derm00
06-12-2009, 01:50 AM
He definitely should in my perspective. Had Gasol not dunked that ball and held onto it, he would've been laid out on the floor and risk of some serious injury.

Will he? Probably not. This is very similar to the Dahntay Jones push and trip on Kobe... the NBA has to be consistent, and because of those two previous calls, I would fully understand why the NBA wouldn't, even though they should.

KB24PG16
06-12-2009, 01:52 AM
no he was just frustrated its understandable no suspension

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 01:53 AM
He definitely should in my perspective. Had Gasol not dunked that ball and held onto it, he would've been laid out on the floor and risk of some serious injury.

Will he? Probably not. This is very similar to the Dahntay Jones push and trip on Kobe... the NBA has to be consistent, and because of those two previous calls, I would fully understand why the NBA wouldn't, even though they should.

i personally think he doesnt foul hard if Gasol doesnt dunk it

Statik1
06-12-2009, 01:56 AM
2 Euro's fighting... strange

Wilson
06-12-2009, 01:56 AM
No. I think he should have been tossed from the game, but no, he shouldnt' be suspended. It was a dirty play, and it has no place in basketball, and he should have been tossed, but he shouldn't be suspended.

Agreed. I think there should possibly be a fine, because it is dangerous to attack a guy's back whilst he's in the air, but not a suspension. I don't think Pietrus was necessarily trying to injure Pau, he just let his emotion get the best of him.

Wilson
06-12-2009, 01:57 AM
2 Euro's fighting... strange

:laugh2: :laugh2:

KB24PG16
06-12-2009, 01:57 AM

exactly. he was frustrated. pau just putting the game away but still a bit un called for

Teeboy1487
06-12-2009, 01:58 AM
i personally think he doesnt foul hard if Gasol doesnt dunk it Yeah, but he still fouled him too hard regardless of what should have happen. He definitely deserves at the very least a fine.

Wilson

I don't think he would have either, but that still doesn't justify it. Like I said earlier, I think he should be fined, because the NBA needs to send the message that it's not OK to go after a guy's back whilst he's in the air, but I don't think he should be suspended.

robdizzle3

I agree.Pietrus was going for Gasol whether or not he was dunking the ball.Pietrus knew what he did instead of apologizing to Gasol,he decides to bad mouth him when he did it.Maybe Gasol could have ran with it but he just decided instead of shooting free throws and hold up the game,why not dunk the ball and let them take it the length of the court.He should be suspended,but after seeing how Jones didnt get one,neither will Pietrus

DCB/LAL
06-12-2009, 02:00 AM

yeah but dunk or no dunk that shouldnt happen plus gasol was right under the rim his first instinct was probably to put it in the hole before he got fouled i understand you get fraustrated but you got to keep it professional if Lebron got fined $25000 for showing poor sportsmanship and he got ripped for it because of what it show to younger kids well what does this show?? I know Lebron he violated the rules but still.

Raidaz4Life
06-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Nahh I'm content with the flagrant... its not like he pulled a Rondo or anything

aNYer
06-12-2009, 02:02 AM
He should not be suspended for that. It wasn't clean but he wasn't head hunting. He had his 2 hands out to foul but swung when Gasol went up. Not clean, should be fined but not miss a game.

bluesickle
06-12-2009, 02:03 AM
The monkey punch to the back was dirty but I don't think he should be suspended. I say game on and let the best team win!

Lakersfan2483
06-12-2009, 02:04 AM
No, just upgrade it to a flagrant 2. That was a dangerous fouls though, especially in the air.

GarlicStench
06-12-2009, 02:05 AM
No but KOBE should be for swinging his boney elbow!!!!!!

Lakers/Cowboys
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
heck ya Pietrus should be suspended... Let a 6'8" inch grown man beat on your back and then say he shouldnt be suspended. It's poor sportsmanship,and he should miss game 5!! He clearly wasnt playing the ball at all and thats just a dangerous play.

ertanozgur
06-12-2009, 02:11 AM
absolutelly yes..no doubt about it

tr4shb0t
06-12-2009, 02:13 AM
No, then it is an excuse for losing. Besides, I like him and he is not a dirty player. He just got frustrated with the loss.

superkegger
06-12-2009, 02:15 AM
exactly. he was frustrated. pau just putting the game away but still a bit un called for

No, it wasn't. It's the NBA Finals, you never let up. Pietrus' foul was dirty, and I think he should have been tossed, but in all honesty, both players made the right play. You never let up, and neither Pau nor Pietrus did. No mercy, no let up.

Duncan = Donkey
06-12-2009, 02:18 AM
the nba is becoming such a ***** sport, he better not be suspended.
the lakers will win it all now anyway, just let him play.

theuuord
06-12-2009, 02:21 AM
Definitely an upgraded flagrant. But definitely not a suspension.

LA412
06-12-2009, 02:24 AM
im not sure if it should.........but those who are making excuses saying its frustration are wrong....everybody gets frustrated but it doesnt give you a free pass to go around clubbing people from behind like a *****

GspLAL
06-12-2009, 02:33 AM
im not sure if it should.........but those who are making excuses saying its frustration are wrong....everybody gets frustrated but it doesnt give you a free pass to go around clubbing people from behind like a *****

Right, but he didn't do it for absolutely no reason at all, that still helps his case. Also, I dont think the foul put Gasol in a dangerous situation to get injured.

GoatMilk
06-12-2009, 02:33 AM
lol most of you are saying no.

can you imagine if a Laker did this?
wow

idk if he should or shouldn't to be honest. I'd be content either way

jim51990
06-12-2009, 02:42 AM
not at all gasol deserved much worse for going for the dunk

LakerKB24Fan
06-12-2009, 02:45 AM

how so? its not like the lakers were winning + 20 pts

sp1derm00
06-12-2009, 02:47 AM

This is the Finals... you do not want to risk anything when you could have an open dunk. It wasn't bad sportsmanship, it was double-checking that the game was absolutely sealed.

You NEVER know could happen, and I would be perplexed if he didn't dunk it... however little the chances were that the Magic came back.

Any regular season game, and sure... I'd agree that it would be bad sportsmanship... but you could give up a game by trying to do the "right" thing in the Finals. You could potentially lose a championship by it.

Statik1
06-12-2009, 02:50 AM
There is nothing that says Gasol cant score the ball on that play.

There is rules about fouling with the intent to hurt someone.

There are unwritten rules that say what Gasol did was wrong.

Gasol has all the right in the world to do what he did if he wants and so did Pietrus but he didn't foul within the rules his went a little over board. Will the NBA do anything about it ? No he wont get suspended down 3-1 no chance in hell Stern and the boys do that to him.

jim51990
06-12-2009, 02:52 AM
you hold the ball and take the foul if you want to make sure you dont go for a dunk
and he didnt foul to hurt he fouled to say f off

RadiantShot
06-12-2009, 02:55 AM
Obviously not, it's just emotion...My God, is pietrus a dirty player now because of a cocky move by gasol, gasol was trying to get under his skin...No suspension.

Statik1
06-12-2009, 02:56 AM
you hold the ball and take the foul if you want to make sure you dont go for a dunk
and he didnt foul to hurt he fouled to say f off

Really I didn't know running into some one full speed and pushing them was a form of language.

jim51990
06-12-2009, 02:58 AM
Really I didn't know running into some one full speed and pushing them was a form of language.

dont act childish you know what i mean

Statik1
06-12-2009, 02:59 AM
Obviously not, it's just emotion...My God, is pietrus a dirty player now because of a cocky move by gasol, gasol was trying to get under his skin...No suspension.

Gasol was frustrated the entire game he did it to blow off steam and it was a rude way to shove it down the Magics throat. Pietrus has never been a dirty player he was just upset at what Gasol did. Even though Gasol dunked the ball like that its still within the rules and what Pietrus did is not. I still think Gasol should of done something other then dunk the ball, he should of just dribbled it out. Anyone that has watched Gasol over the years knows he is a classy guy, this was a just a rare to see him do that.

sp1derm00
06-12-2009, 03:00 AM

I wouldn't say he's a dirty player. Nothing he's done against Kobe or Lebron was REMOTELY dirty.

I am saying his emotions got the better of him and he shouldn't have hit Gasol that hard in the back.

It wasn't a cocky move by Gasol, it was a move that made it all but impossible for the Magic to win... you don't wanna give anything even a REMOTE possibility... especially in the Finals.

sp1derm00
06-12-2009, 03:03 AM
dont act childish you know what i mean

and you shouldn't be so childish.

no one's feelings should be hurt by a dunk... this is a FINALS and the Lakers at that point only had a 2 possession lead (6 points).

what would happen if they fouled gasol, gasol missed 2, they advanced, hit a 3, fouled gasol again, gasol missed 2, and they hit another 3 to send it into OT.

this is why the Lakers are up 3-1 and the Magic aren't.

OutOfTHEBLUE
06-12-2009, 03:03 AM
Laker fan here.

First off, the truth is I don't really care all that much about the foul. We're either going to win this series in 5 or 6, so in the long run it doesn't matter if Pietrus suspended or not. My take is that I want my team to take the crown with their opponent at full strength.

Secondly, there are two things that happened on that play that shouldn't have taken place.

1. Pau dunked the ball when there was no good reason for it.
2. Pietrus fouled Pau Gasol in a malicious way that WAS intentional. That much is clear.

The problem is that, only one of these plays is illegal. End of story.

Should Pau have dunked the ball? No. But that does not excuse a dirty foul by Frenchy.

As a Lakers fan, I feel like he absolutely should be suspended for game 5, but I'm hoping that he's not.

rbuc22
06-12-2009, 03:07 AM
I didnt even think it was a bad foul. I thought it was horrible sportsmanship on Gasol's part to throw down that dunk. I can see the argument that he was just trying to seal the game because it is the finals-although the rest of the floor seemed to think it was pretty sealed- and wanted the points to do so, but he didnt need to throw down that cocky dunk. Had he put up a layup or just held the ball i doubt the Pietrus foul would have even happened. I think Pietrus was just mad that Gasol was showboating after a tough loss on his home floor.

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:12 AM
N O spells hell freaking NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on man.

nolin
06-12-2009, 03:14 AM
what it says

suspended? no i think he should of threw a punch once gasol got in his face. gasol would of been a bigger loss for la then pietrus if gasol would have threw a punch back.

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:16 AM
suspended? no i think he should of threw a punch once gasol got in his face. gasol would of been a bigger loss for la then pietrus if gasol would have threw a punch back.

Agree 100%

nolin
06-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Yeah, but he still fouled him too hard regardless of what should have happen. He definitely deserves at the very least a fine.

if he deserves a fine then pau deserves one as well for all those flops he did on dwight howard

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:23 AM
No one should be fined, no one should be suspended lets all get our heads out of our a _ _ _ s.

dos132
06-12-2009, 03:27 AM
let the NBA committee and stern handle this...

nolin
06-12-2009, 03:29 AM
No one should be fined, no one should be suspended lets all get our heads out of our a _ _ _ s.

thats right but i would have loved to see a little more drama in the championship. pietrus had that chance with pau in his face. he might of got suspended for 30 games but if some how the magic came back and won the series he would of been an icon in orlando for ever. now this series is most like over in 6 tops.

whitekimbo
06-12-2009, 03:31 AM
all u laker fans are overracting. gasol was being a prick and dunking the ball with 3.4 seconds left. he derserved to get push. its called sportsmanship. if gasol isnt gonna show it, y should mp20?

ive seen kicked out of the game(there were 3.4 seconds left! relax.), ive seen he should get suspended, and a bunch of other ********.

calm down. all u laker fans can get crazy about my post now but if u have a problem with wut i said, private message me because im not comin in this waste of a thread ever again...

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:37 AM
all u laker fans are overracting. gasol was being a prick and dunking the ball with 3.4 seconds left. he derserved to get push. its called sportsmanship. if gasol isnt gonna show it, y should mp20?

ive seen kicked out of the game(there were 3.4 seconds left! relax.), ive seen he should get suspended, and a bunch of other ********.

calm down. all u laker fans can get crazy about my post now but if u have a problem with wut i said, private message me because im not comin in this waste of a thread ever again...

All of us really learn to ready.

geloman
06-12-2009, 03:39 AM
heck ya Pietrus should be suspended... Let a 6'8" inch grown man beat on your back and then say he shouldnt be suspended. It's poor sportsmanship,and he should miss game 5!! He clearly wasnt playing the ball at all and thats just a dangerous play.

Pietrus pounded on his back. That's pretty violent and not basketball by any stretch of the imagination. I think it deserves a suspension. I mean that was borderline street brawl.

But whether he gets suspended or not, the Magic will vanish. Go Lakers!!!

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:41 AM
Come on my little sister hits me harder than that.

Statik1
06-12-2009, 03:45 AM

Here I think you should read THIS! (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T50ZCQvf-jg/SHxdOWzGT3I/AAAAAAAABz4/F-30AmdBokg/s400/englishsentencestructurec0.jpg)

Vincent
06-12-2009, 03:46 AM
The hit was pretty hard, especially on a 7 footer's back.

MP20 used both fists to punch into his back. I thought it was a bad play, and the call was appropriate. As for a suspension? That's way overboard.

USMCLaker
06-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Whatever. Still weak sauce.

nolin
06-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Pietrus pounded on his back. That's pretty violent and not basketball by any stretch of the imagination. I think it deserves a suspension. I mean that was borderline street brawl.

But whether he gets suspended or not, the Magic will vanish. Go Lakers!!!

borderline street brawl haha the funniest thing ive heard maybe borderline street ball in elementary.im sure all you laker fans saying pietrus should get suspended would change your minds if that was ariza pushing howard

lakerboy
06-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Nope.

Hellcrooner
Was Ariza Suspended for punkingh Rudy Fernandez in the air?

There you got you answer

By the way is this a new sport i have nto heard of? " Punch the Flying spaniard in the back" ????

USMCLaker
borderline street brawl haha the funniest thing ive heard maybe borderline street ball in elementary.im sure all you laker fans saying pietrus should get suspended would change your minds if that was ariza pushing howard

Yea maybe in an all girls catholic preschool.

SJSHARKIES
06-12-2009, 04:06 AM
When even Lakers fans are saying No, you know it's not worthy of a suspension. Maybe he should of been tossed from the game, but that's not worthy of a suspension. Very dangerous though I have to say.

Beno7500
06-12-2009, 04:15 AM
nba is full of female cats now. no one knows what a hard foul is

MickeyMgl
06-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Na, Gasol should have held the ball so he got frustrated, everyone was fired up no blood no harm.

Gasol did exactly what he should've done. If you're alone under the basket and you know the other team is going to come and foul you, you should score the basket. You should score the basket even if they're not coming to foul you.

That said, I believe it was called a Flagrant 1, which was the right call, and no suspension should be necessary.

SusanoWo
06-12-2009, 04:31 AM
I didnt even think it was a bad foul. I thought it was horrible sportsmanship on Gasol's part to throw down that dunk. I can see the argument that he was just trying to seal the game because it is the finals-although the rest of the floor seemed to think it was pretty sealed- and wanted the points to do so, but he didnt need to throw down that cocky dunk. Had he put up a layup or just held the ball i doubt the Pietrus foul would have even happened. I think Pietrus was just mad that Gasol was showboating after a tough loss on his home floor.

Not a bad foul? I do believe it is your pride speaking here. In a game you are playing for all the marbles, at the level of intensity the series is being you tell me that this is an accepted reaction to losing the game and probably the series? As a Laker fan I will never excuse Fisher brick wall to Scola, as a Basketball fan and player I will never excuse what Pietrus did.

All that said I do not think he will be suspended yet he deserved so. He would have been on any other game than one like this. Should we measure the rules against the importance of the moment. I will not go down that road.

I disagree with the poor sportmanship. Not from Pau not from anybody. It was just keeping the competition level.

Thanks for reading

kblo247
06-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Was Ariza Suspended for punkingh Rudy Fernandez in the air?

There you got you answer

By the way is this a new sport i have nto heard of? " Punch the Flying spaniard in the back" ????

Ariza didn't punch Rudy he got the Damn ball first and his arms second; that wasn't flagrant by any means

azkarraga
06-12-2009, 05:00 AM
nope. and that's it.

azkarraga
06-12-2009, 05:01 AM
" Punch the Flying spaniard in the back" ????

lol

koreancabbage
06-12-2009, 09:47 AM
that wasn't a play for the ball. it was a clear cut malicious intent to harm.

2 closed fist right to the back of Pau. He should be suspended for the next coming season if anything i.e. 2 games?. If anything, like people were saying, people would be whining that Lakers won cuz Orlando didn't have their best defender on Kobe...blah blah blah.

IF this was a regular season game- he would have definitely been suspended, no lie. so why would you do anything different in the playoffs?

i voted no, but hey, if this gives the people to make up an excuse that is the reason why Lakers won, then hell no. Don't suspend Pietrus cuz i want Kobe to go for another 30-40 pts in his face and a championship.

Brawler47
06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I've seen harder fouls not even mentioned after games. Just because it's the NBA Finals doesn't mean people should over-react to a couple of guys getting in each others faces. Suspended or not, Lakers are probably gonna win game 5 so who cares.

Rapt0rs
06-12-2009, 10:25 AM
No.

albertc86
06-12-2009, 10:44 AM

The foul wouldn't have occurred had Gasol held the ball. What Gasol did was classless; he didn't have to take that shot. I think just about every player would've done the same to Gasol. I've seen that exact play done with the same results. Remember when Kobe and Reggie got into a fight? Very same reason. Kobe put up a shot even though the game was in the bag.

JOSKOMANG4
06-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Absolutely.....

There was no need for a "double ax handle" to the back of Gasol ha.

JOSKOMANG4
06-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I hope he plays because I want Fisher to hit him like he did to Scola

DrDEADalready
06-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Lol no if anything He should be rewarded for doing that. :laugh: He almost made Pau cry. That **** was funny as hell

JJ81
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Yes. Fisher got suspended for bumping Scola, Pietrus use his two forearms to smash gasol in the back.

Hellcrooner
06-12-2009, 12:12 PM
pity Pau is not playing for Spain this summer, woudl be nice to see him kill france with 30 points and laugh into pietrus face....

Hope Marc does the revenge thing for him.

KB24YanKs
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't think he should be suspended, he played a great game and it was in the moment type of foul, I doubt he had any intentions of hurting Gasol. A flagrant one was about the only call the refs got right last night.

Kakaroach
06-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Just announced on ESPN that no further action will be taken against Pietrus.

*Superman*
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes. Fisher got suspended for bumping Scola, Pietrus use his two forearms to smash gasol in the back.

Are you Fking kidding me a bump? I think you need to watch the video again.

If Pau fell after Pietrus did that and didn't get up then yeah i think it should have been a suspension, but no, he was pissed, **** happens.

still1ballin
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
No and I hope he doesn't.

Kakaroach
06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Are you Fking kidding me a bump? I think you need to watch the video again.

If Pau fell after Pietrus did that and didn't get up then yeah i think it should have been a suspension, but no, he was pissed, **** happens. x2 Whoever said Fisher "bumped" Scola needs to get their eyes checked. :pity:

jimbobjarree
06-12-2009, 02:16 PM
nah Pietrus is too cool to suspend.

And I think he should be rewarded as well, gnarly play

Toadman
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
What if Pau fell back & was injured so that he couldn't play for the rest of the finals &
the Magic ended up winning cuz of it.
Say Shannon Brown did that to Howard & Howard was out a game becuz of injury.
That was a stupid frustration foul that if Pau didn't hang on the rim would have caused an injury.

Vinny642
06-12-2009, 02:56 PM
LOL Hell no to the suspension, im glad he wasn't.

mrblisterdundee
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
It's all about balance. The Lakers got away with some calls, so the Magic should get away with some calls. Besides, suspending Pietrus won't change the fact that Orlando has lost the finals.

Vinny642
06-12-2009, 03:02 PM

U mean a cheap unecessary elbow right?

LA_Raiders
06-12-2009, 04:15 PM
If NBA goes by the book, he should, but beacuse of Stern we won't....

You all know Stern wants to make the most out of this Finals, specially in this screwed up economy....

Way to go ****ing Stern...

Lakermania33
06-12-2009, 05:03 PM

I agree. He should have been tossed therefore the league wouldn't have to make a decision on what punishment to give. I don't want him to be suspended I want everyone there for Sunday's elimination. I do disagree on one point, if Pau is going to shoot in that situation he has to know there is going to be a response. There was and I would have expected that. The two fist to the back however might be hard to explain to the League.

aNYer
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
What if Pau fell back & was injured so that he couldn't play for the rest of the finals &
the Magic ended up winning cuz of it.
Say Shannon Brown did that to Howard & Howard was out a game becuz of injury.
That was a stupid frustration foul that if Pau didn't hang on the rim would have caused an injury.

and what if Kobe's elbow knocked Nelson out and he needed surgery. He should be suspended because he he did made it possible that Nelson might have been hurt and knocked out. No I am not being serious but you don't judge on what coulda happened you judged what did happen.

junion
06-12-2009, 07:00 PM

the lakers were barely up by two 3-pointers. if they play the free throw game, there's a possibility (almost a miracle) to come back - the magic are a really good 3-point shooting team - anything can happen. gasol should have dunked it so that the magic had 0 chance of coming back instead of a 5% chance/

this is the finals. kick a man while he's down. there's still another game(s) and if you kick a man when he's down, the points down count to the next game, but the emotion and confidence does. what's wrong with trying to do that? it's not like he shot a 3-pointer in an elimination game in the last seconds while being up 10 points.

and the rule is based on whether or not pietris had intent to hurt, and i think he did. he was frustrated, yeah, but he did intend to hurt pau on that play. he wasn't fouling to stop the clock or anything. he hit him with closed fists to hurt pau to get him back for that dunk. no matter what his reason was for it, the fact is that he still hit pau to hurt him. you can easily open your fists and give a shove. but instead he did a gorilla pound on his back. he should have just surrendered that shot... isn't that what they do?

ARMIN12NBA
06-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Probably. He wasn't going for the ball and he formed his hands into a "fist." That is what makes it a suspension for me. The NBA already said absolutely nothing is going to happen though.

Side Note: If I'm a Suns fan, I'd be pissed.

VSLOOT
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM

If he was tossed from the game it automatically warrants a suspension ******

ARMIN12NBA
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM

Come on muh man. Kegger is a great poster. If you have a better understanding of the rules, just explain it to him rather than calling him a "******."

Lizard King
06-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Nobody should get suspended during the playoffs. Nobody.

ARMIN12NBA
06-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Nobody should get suspended during the playoffs. Nobody.

What if they punch somebody?

still1ballin
06-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Ron Artest was tossed twice in the semis and wasn't suspended:confused:

UNETOWNBAYAREA
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM
as expected he wont get suspended... didnt deserve to either.. although he is a cry baby

Lizard King
06-12-2009, 08:48 PM

We all know anything drastic is worth a suspension.

koreancabbage
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
and what if Kobe's elbow knocked Nelson out and he needed surgery. He should be suspended because he he did made it possible that Nelson might have been hurt and knocked out. No I am not being serious but you don't judge on what coulda happened you judged what did happen.

you're kidding me right? Kobe's elbow was not intentional. Pietrus' two fists in the back was. there is a big difference there FYI.

Mane
06-12-2009, 09:20 PM
No. If he was suspended, he'd use his air france suave convincing abilities and write a semi-hostile letter to the NBA, thus ending his suspension before it began.

Lizard King
06-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Why doesn't the NBA just dress their players in protective pads? At least it would put an end to this suspension nonsense.

ThisGuy
06-12-2009, 09:27 PM
If the lakers wold just tuck up their roast beef curtains we wouldnt even be having this conversation...

lakerfan 4 life
06-12-2009, 09:46 PM

:confused::confused:that would of been stupid and pointless there were only like 5 seconds.

MickeyMgl
06-13-2009, 12:47 AM
The foul wouldn't have occurred had Gasol held the ball. What Gasol did was classless; he didn't have to take that shot. I think just about every player would've done the same to Gasol. I've seen that exact play done with the same results. Remember when Kobe and Reggie got into a fight? Very same reason. Kobe put up a shot even though the game was in the bag.

BS.

If you're under the basket unguarded with the ball at ANY STAGE OF THE GAME, it is reasonable to shoot. If he'd driven to the basket or taken a shot from anywhere but right under the basket, it would be another story.

Most opposing players wouldn't have acted like a child the way Pietrus did.

Kobe took a 3-pointer. Big difference.

MickeyMgl
06-13-2009, 12:52 AM
It's all about balance. The Lakers got away with some calls, so the Magic should get away with some calls. Besides, suspending Pietrus won't change the fact that Orlando has lost the finals.

How does that balance things in a game when the Magic were getting all the calls? When a Laker hater like Bill Simmons sees it, you know it's true.

http://tinyurl.com/lned56

MickeyMgl
06-13-2009, 12:55 AM

Yeah, 'cause nothing ever gets rescinded. Players get tossed from games all the time without an ensuing suspension.

Again, though, I said no suspension necessary.

MickeyMgl
06-13-2009, 12:56 AM

Then suck it up and take the ball out.

MickeyMgl
06-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Why doesn't the NBA just dress their players in protective pads? At least it would put an end to this suspension nonsense.

NBA uniforms should have a place where players can conceal weapons. Shivs should be legal in the playoffs. Or wristbands with spikes on them.

Er1c
06-13-2009, 01:11 AM
no suspension...i don't want any players to be taken out. needs to be a fair game for both teams. should be a fined tho

LA412
06-13-2009, 01:40 AM

we got away with calls?.......what 4th quarter/OT were you watching

junion
06-13-2009, 12:29 PM
lakers were up by only 5, gasol had to take the soft dunk. its not like he threw it down to rub it in, he pretty much just softly put it in. magic are good at 3 pointers.

if the game was already over like everyone says, why were the magic playing hard defense and pushing the defense? play hard until the last second right?
the magic didn't give up on defense, so pau didn't give up on offense.

MagicDojo
06-13-2009, 01:16 PM

Kobe had so many dirty plays in this game.:mad: