PDA

View Full Version : When your up by 3 and 10.4 seconds are left...

ohohitsmagic
06-12-2009, 12:56 AM
You foul. Idiots. Good job letting Mr. .3 Seconds beat you in the end. Van Gundy or Nelson needs to be unemployed. Good job handing the championship to the Lakers. Orlando is not the Boston Red Sox. No coming back from this one. It's like losing to the Pistons all over again. Orlando deserved to lose!

borat
06-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah it was dumb and it falls on Van Gundy.

When he first saw they were taking it full court, he should have said 2 things.

Don't double anyone and foul once they get past 1/2 court.

The doubling was the dumbest thing though. Why double in the backcourt? Why? Well because you weren't going to foul. :eyebrow:

LakersOrNothing
06-12-2009, 01:00 AM
It's Mr 0.4 not 0.3 :\

I'm still trying to think why Alston was on the bench... what a bad coaching job.

x_notorious
06-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Mr. .4 seconds, actually.

ohohitsmagic
06-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Mr. .4 seconds, actually.

LOL! Fischer is the only one who believes it was .3

Er1c
06-12-2009, 01:02 AM
0.4*

ohohitsmagic
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
It's Mr 0.4 not 0.3 :\

I'm still trying to think why Alston was on the bench... what a bad coaching job.

Nelson made great decision up until not fouling Fischer but I agree Alston should have at least played the overtime

macc
06-12-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm glad somone made this thread. Stan's coaching at the end was terrible. First off why wasn't Alston playing in the 4th quarter? He was playing great all game. Nelson just isn't himself. If I were Alston I would be pissed.

Besides that 10 sec left and Stan keeps Nelson in the game. At that point you put in Lee at pg. Put your best defenders in the game to stop a three or foul them when they cross half court. This isn't hard to figure out. The Magic deserve to lose beause they gave that game away, first by Howard choking on his free throws then Stans bad coaching.

Stan jumps on his players to play every play like it's their last but he doesn't coach like that during the stretch.

As a Magic fan very frusterating to watch Nelson walk the ball up the court in the 4th and overtime, give the ball to Turk and hope he bails everyone out. Sorry not gonna win many games doing that.

kingbrentg
06-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Or make a free throw. Jesus.

ohohitsmagic
06-12-2009, 01:07 AM
Long story short... Congrats Lakers... Kobe finally got his championship without Shaq. I live in Cali and i'm not looking forward to the lakers fans bragging about their championship.

ohohitsmagic
06-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Or make a free throw. Jesus.

lol! it's Doug Funny... And good point, Orlando makes half of their free throws and this is a no contest.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-12-2009, 01:10 AM
I cant believe we won that game. I was already looking forward to game 5. Just wow

BTownTeamsRKing
06-12-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm glad somone made this thread. Stan's coaching at the end was terrible. First off why wasn't Alston playing in the 4th quarter? He was playing great all game. Nelson just isn't himself. If I were Alston I would be pissed.

Besides that 10 sec left and Stan keeps Nelson in the game. At that point you put in Lee at pg. Put your best defenders in the game to stop a three or foul them when they cross half court. This isn't hard to figure out. The Magic deserve to lose beause they gave that game away, first by Howard choking on his free throws then Stans bad coaching.

Stan jumps on his players to play every play like it's their last but he doesn't coach like that during the stretch.

As a Magic fan very frusterating to watch Nelson walk the ball up the court in the 4th and overtime, give the ball to Turk and hope he bails everyone out. Sorry not gonna win many games doing that.

well said

dos132
06-12-2009, 01:22 AM
nice coaching phil @ 10.4 sec... and nice play fish..... thats a wow.... and pietrus suck for that flagrant foul...

tr4shb0t
06-12-2009, 01:28 AM
I don't see what the big deal is?

Duncan = Donkey
06-12-2009, 01:34 AM
dwight howard shouldve made his free throws, DWIGHT HOWARD CHOKED

_KB24_
06-12-2009, 01:53 AM
I think SVG made the right decisions down the stretch. NELSON played great in the 4th and is much quicker than Alston. He was responsible for atleast 6-7 straight buckets down the stretch. The last play in regulation, I think it was a good decision to not foul Fisher. If it was Kobe with the ball, then no doubt he would have fouled him. But Fisher was 0-5 from downtown in the game and his jumper was off. The jumper was from WELL BEHIND the three point line and it was unexpected. I think if Fish would have took one more dribble, he would have been fouled for sure. Plus, the Magic were not making their foul shots, so it didn't make sense for them to play the foul game. Overall, I think Nelson's defense was good enough to bother Fish, but he just made a terrific shot.

KB24PG16
06-12-2009, 02:02 AM
u have to play defense fouling is just being ***** play them straight dont give up a 3 like nelson backing off 2 feet off fisher just bonehead play on his part but a great shot by fish

robdizzle3
06-12-2009, 02:04 AM
SVG just doesnt trust his players.Rafer Alston and Anthony Johnson have played well for him and as soon as he gets Nelson back he just tosses away Johnson and limits Alston.Its just like getting a new video game with him,because as soon he bought Nelson,he didnt want really want to play his old ones that much anymore.Nelson had a couple of good possesions where as Alston was playing well throughout the whole for a game.Alston should be pissed and to me he has a good reason.Phil Jackson has 9 ringsc for a reason and Van Gundy may not win one this year because he is thinking a little to hard.

Lakers/Cowboys
06-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Fisher just made a hell of a shot

I think SVG made the right decisions down the stretch. NELSON played great in the 4th and is much quicker than Alston. He was responsible for atleast 6-7 straight buckets down the stretch. The last play in regulation, I think it was a good decision to not foul Fisher. If it was Kobe with the ball, then no doubt he would have fouled him. But Fisher was 0-5 from downtown in the game and his jumper was off. The jumper was from WELL BEHIND the three point line and it was unexpected. I think if Fish would have took one more dribble, he would have been fouled for sure. Plus, the Magic were not making their foul shots, so it didn't make sense for them to play the foul game. Overall, I think Nelson's defense was good enough to bother Fish, but he just made a terrific shot.

nolin
06-12-2009, 02:25 AM
van gundy played nelson to long. he should be the one to blame. and dwight played great but he missed to key free throws.