PDA

View Full Version : ARod book Bombs

misterd
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/06/in-baseball-terms-arod-book-is-hitting-099.html

150,000 copies printed, between 11-16,000 sold.

This makes me happy, not for ARod, because we all know what he did, but for the fact that baseball fans weren't willing to bite on a book that was largely filled with unsourced rumor mongering.

CBON9
06-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I am kind of glad that it did, for the exact same reasons you mentioned. There were no bombshells in the book, and we all knew that before it even went on sale. Save the $25.

jetsfan718
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
good now will people please leave the man alone

xabial
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Selene Roberts = any oppurtunity to get money id do it, even if it means lieing and ruining someone else's reputation. If you want an honest novel and are a Yankee fan i recommend "The Yankee Years" by Joe Torre a novel witha n honest point of view

Pavelb1
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
As A Red Sox fan, I agree with the Yankee fans. I don't think much of the writer, and was a little dismayed to see real baseball professional writers running to defend her.

Pavelb1
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Selene Roberts = any oppurtunity to get money id do it, even if it means lieing and ruining someone else's reputation. If you want an honest novel and are a Yankee fan i recommend "The Yankee Years" by Joe Torre a novel witha n honest point of view

That book is great, and it's a pity some Yankee fans have derided it without even reading it.

sboyajian
06-11-2009, 05:31 PM
If you click the above link it has a poll asking why it hasn't sold.

Out of 151 votes, 50% (including myself) have gone with "Who Cares?"

What a stupid book.. she should be sued.

REGular
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
but for the fact that baseball fans weren't willing to bite on a book that was largely filled with unsourced rumor mongering.

I don't think that has much to do with why it hasn't sold, but rather that it seems there wasn't any info in the book that hadn't already been released to the public.

Steroids with the Rangers, the tipping pitches, the high school allegations. The book had nothing new to offer that wasn't already "revealed".

ManRam
06-11-2009, 06:23 PM
good now will people please leave the man alone

Aww...poor A-Rod.

His feelings must be so hurt. :cry:

As for the book...I'm not surprised. Baseball fans act like they care about steroids, but in reality, they don't. Also, who cares about these authors anyways? This book was destined for failure.

cheerio
06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
He doesn't need the money anywyas, needs to focus on the game

detroitsports22
06-11-2009, 07:13 PM
It takes a big man to admit what he did wrong, which is what makes Arod alright in my book. He doesn't need any more humiliation, what he did was wrong, and I think he knows it. He publically announced as well. There are still rumors of him still taking these roids, but I believe he knows his ground, and won't do it anymore.

misterd
06-11-2009, 09:13 PM
As A Red Sox fan, I agree with the Yankee fans. I don't think much of the writer, and was a little dismayed to see real baseball professional writers running to defend her.

Believe me, if she wrote a hit piece on Manny or Papi or Barry I would be just as happy to see it fail.

misterd
06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Aww...poor A-Rod.

His feelings must be so hurt. :cry:

As for the book...I'm not surprised. Baseball fans act like they care about steroids, but in reality, they don't.

I disagree. They care about steroids, and care who used them when. They just don't need to hear where they came from, who bought them, who sold them, who the contacts were, and where they were injected.

We heard all we needed to the month before the book was released. The rest were nasty rumors about ARod's personal life that we really don't care about.

dee279
06-11-2009, 09:19 PM
lol. DAts funny, sad, but funny. More funny then anything.

vigilantex69
06-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I mean the problem was everything in the book was put out on ESPN a month before it even came out. The steroids, the hooters, the bashing by teammates. What reason would anyone have to buy it? They already knew absolutely EVERYTHING that was in it already.

I75
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I was more interested that he's a cheep tipper rather than roids.

todu82
06-12-2009, 08:29 AM
I was thinking of buying the book the next time I went to my local bookstore. After reading the poor reviews from you guys I guess I'll save myself some money by not buying the book.

Pinstripe pride
06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
serves that money grubbing ***** right