PDA

View Full Version : LeBron in 2010

RaysFan
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
What team is he playing for?

I will say Cleveland. I think the Cavs will make some decent moves this summer like they did last summer with Mo Williams.

albertc86
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
The Knicks. The Knicks have never been frugal to explore options. The problem has been their failure to sign anyone of significance. LeBron would change that, obviously. They'd surround him with better talent than Mo Williams.

NYYankeesWin#27
06-11-2009, 01:32 PM
knicksss

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
LBJ is going 2 stay in Cleveland for 2 reasons.

1. They can offer him the most money
2. there is no team more competitive then the Cavs that can afford to take on a 20+mil salary

sorry knick fans but he wants to win right now

BTownTeamsRKing
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Milwaukee.

btw letsgo hometeam, i didnt know there was anyone else on this site close to my town. Lawrence is no joke.

Ray_R
06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Cavs

thephoenixson28
06-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Phoenix they have a lot of money + they have the talent to win a championship. I know I'm reaching for the sky but I think phoenix has the better oppurtunity then every team. With the knicks,nets,and cleveland who do they have. Knicks only have al harrington, New jersey only have harris and carter, cleveland only have mo williams. If phoenix resign amare,nash, and possibly trade shaq for peja+ tyson chandler and trade j-rich for cap space. That's a dynasty.
PG: Nash/dragic
SG: James/barbosa
SF: Peja/hill/dudley
PF: Amare/ amundson
C: Chandler/lopez

Or even trade shaq for picks and expings and try to sign rasheed wallace and trade j-rich for mike miller
PG: nash(10 million)maybe nash takes MLE 5million per
SG: Miller(9 million)
SF: James(20 million)
PF: Amare(18 million)
C: Wallace(8 million)

59million for starters

With bench
Barbosa(7 million)
Lopez,dragic,dudley(3 million)

75 million

Nash/dragic
Miller/barbosa
James/dudley
Amare/filler(vets minimum)
Wallace/lopez

Another dynasty

FaceDown91
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Hawks

NYK|NYY
06-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Thunder!!

Swift n Sil3nt
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/JL%20III/2009/01/06/Nikes_Role_in_the_LeBron_James_Sweepstakes

Very Good Article

This is going to come down between the Knicks and Cavaliers. I think the Cavaliers dont necessarily have to win this year, but i think regardless of whether they win or lose, they need to show Lebron that they are willing to add a premier player to the lineup. Rasheed Wallace and Shaquille O Neal are NOT the answer. They are solid players, but they are not guys that will put them over the hump. Im sorry, Shaq is not the player he once was and i still dont think that Rasheed Wallace is a legit number 2 option.

The Knicks have already shown that they are doing whatever they can not to sign one big free agent, but two big free agents in the 2010 class, and everyone is interested in going there. We all know the Knicks are interested in Bosh and Amare, and we know that at least one of those players--Amare Stoudemire--would love to play for the Knicks and D'Antoni. The Knicks also have a high draft pick this year and they will be able to add another solid piece to their roster, hopefully Stephen Curry, a huge fan of Lebron James and someone that could help lure James his way.

Assume the Knicks can trade Curry and Jeffries, and i think that will happen with the positives i have heard about Curry thus far in the Knicks offseason. Jared Jeffries had interest from two teams last year, Washington and Sacremento, so i will also assume that he could be traded.

That would leave the Knicks with Chandler, Gallinari and their 2009 draft pick under contract for the 2010 season. I will not include David Lee or Nate Robinson because i think both of them will be traded by seasons end.

While other teams can sign players to maximum contracts, just because they have the flexibility does not mean that the players are willing to go there. Im sorry, but Cleveland, although a championship contender now, is not the big market that these free agents want to go to. New York is.

The Knicks may not have the supporting cast around Lebron at this very moment, but come 2010 they would.

Assuming the Knicks draft Stephen Curry, Lebron would have to love the team he could be headed towards.

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Lebron James
SF: Wilson Chandler
PF: Danilo Gallinari
C: Amare Stoudemire

Personally I would like to see:
PG: Jrue Holliday
SG: Lebron James
SF: Wilson Chandler
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Hasheem Thabeet

Not sure if that lineup is remotely possible, but i would do whatever i can to try and get it. Either lineup however, i think is much better than the current Cavaliers roster, a team that won 66 games

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:14 PM
^^ first off LBJ is strictly a SF and second S Curry will be a SG and what makes you think Gallo could ever play PF? he got the size but i doubt he could defend NBA PF's lol not trying to be a jerk i just dont get you logic here

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Phoenix they have a lot of money + they have the talent to win a championship. I know I'm reaching for the sky but I think phoenix has the better oppurtunity then every team. With the knicks,nets,and cleveland who do they have. Knicks only have al harrington, New jersey only have harris and carter, cleveland only have mo williams. If phoenix resign amare,nash, and possibly trade shaq for peja+ tyson chandler and trade j-rich for cap space. That's a dynasty.

Or even trade shaq for picks and expings and try to sign rasheed wallace and trade j-rich for mike miller

59million for starters

With bench
Barbosa(7 million)

75 million

Nash/dragic
Miller/barbosa
James/dudley
Wallace/lopez

Another dynasty

true i didnt even think about the Suns being in the mix... if they can land one good FA this year then they have a good chance too maybe.

Don Starks
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
^^ first off LBJ is strictly a SF and second S Curry will be a SG and what makes you think Gallo could ever play PF? lol not trying to be a jerk i just dont get you logic here

because he is 6'11 and thats what he played his entire career in italy. he just needs to bulk up, then hell look more like he belongs in that position. and also LBJ would definitely not move to SG he is a career SF if anyone would move it would be wilson chandler. Stephen curry is way to short to be a SG, he would get dominated at that position.

29$JerZ
06-11-2009, 03:22 PM
^^ first off LBJ is strictly a SF and second S Curry will be a SG and what makes you think Gallo could ever play PF? he got the size but i doubt he could defend NBA PF's lol not trying to be a jerk i just dont get you logic here

Gallo will be our future PF. He is 6'11 and is predicted to grow at least another inch.
That's why.

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
because he is 6'11 and thats what he played his entire career in italy. he just needs to bulk up, then hell look more like he belongs in that position. and also LBJ would definitely not move to SG he is a career SF if anyone would move it would be wilson chandler. Stephen curry is way to short to be a SG, he would get dominated at that position.

he is a frail 6'10... he would get dominated by most PF's.

and SCurry cant play the point cuz he doesnt poses those skills... he is a shooter and thats why his only place in the NBA is SG or he would go higher then he will in the draft.

29$JerZ
06-11-2009, 03:25 PM

and SCurry cant play the point cuz he doesnt poses those skills... he is a shooter and thats why his only place in the NBA is SG or he would go higher then he will in the draft.

Mike D'Antoni is our coach not Jerry Sloan.
He is a point forward which is a lot more useful than a brusior for our team.

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Mike D'Antoni is our coach not Jerry Sloan.
He is a point forward which is a lot more useful than a brusior for our team.

thats a good point the kid has alot of upside... but you think he can defend your ave PF?

29$JerZ
06-11-2009, 03:31 PM
thats a good point the kid has alot of upside... but you think he can defend your ave PF?

David Lee gets 11 plus rebounds over Centers/Power Forwards but is 6'9 and a bit weak. So its not out of the realm of possibility that he can defend other 4's. The number of pwer 4's are diminishing and we are seeing more finenesse/perimeter PF's.

He is more of a Hedo Type player who can do a bit of everything especially Pass/Shoot.

He actually plays great Help Defense, post defense will be a problem for anyone in the NBA who isn't 250+ at the Pf position. Its how you use your players that matters, its like making Duncan a perimeter player.

J-Relo
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
What team is he playing for?

Cavs... :clap:

Don Starks
06-11-2009, 03:34 PM

last time i checked Curry played point guard for davidson and is being drafted in the top ten as a point guard. he doesn't possess the height to be a shooting guard in the NBA. he does have the passing ability as well as the IQ to be a PG in the NBA.

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:38 PM
David Lee gets 11 plus rebounds over Centers/Power Forwards but is 6'9 and a bit weak. So its not out of the realm of possibility that he can defend other 4's. The number of pwer 4's are diminishing and we are seeing more finenesse/perimeter PF's.

He is more of a Hedo Type player who can do a bit of everything especially Pass/Shoot.

He actually plays great Help Defense, post defense will be a problem for anyone in the NBA who isn't 250+ at the Pf position. Its how you use your players that matters, its like making Duncan a perimeter player.

thats exactly my point Hedo cant really play PF cuz of his style of play, but thats exactly who i think Gallo resembles except maybe better whens all said and done.

back to the original line up where the kid puts LBJ at SG and Gallo at PF thru me for a loop cuz i'm thinking that LBJ would be a better PF at this point lol

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM
last time i checked Curry played point guard for davidson and is being drafted in the top ten as a point guard. he doesn't possess the height to be a shooting guard in the NBA. he does have the passing ability as well as the IQ to be a PG in the NBA.

he did run the point last year but only cuz he cant be a SG in the NBA... he may be able to play PG for davidson but he is going to have alot of probs in the NBA playing PG

i hope i'm wrong cuz i think the kids great and want to see him in the NBA draining 3's for the next 10 yrs

LetsGo HomeTeam
06-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Milwaukee.

btw letsgo hometeam, i didnt know there was anyone else on this site close to my town. Lawrence is no joke.

hey what makes you think Milwaukee? they never even crossed my mind

i actually live in downtown bean now but still gotta rep Lawtown you know how it is there... only the strong survive and thats a big part of who i am today.

Red222
06-11-2009, 04:04 PM
A bull it would be the final nail in cleveland's heart :D

thephoenixson28
06-11-2009, 05:17 PM
I would just like to have lebron,kobe,or wade in phoenix. I think phoenix would go crazy if one of them ended up here. It would be a reinactment to when barkley came to the suns.

nouveauAG
06-11-2009, 05:18 PM
He goes to the Nets....if he leaves Cleveland which I dont think he will

J_M_B
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Let me get this straight for some of you, if Lebron leaves Cleveland he won't go to New York. If he leaves he would go to New Jersey to go play for Jay-Z. He never said he was going to New York. Not trying to act like a jerk, but its not happening. He will most likely re sign with the Cavaliers though.

JMKnick33
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
thats exactly my point Hedo cant really play PF cuz of his style of play, but thats exactly who i think Gallo resembles except maybe better whens all said and done.

back to the original line up where the kid puts LBJ at SG and Gallo at PF thru me for a loop cuz i'm thinking that LBJ would be a better PF at this point lol

offensively, he plays like turkoglu.. and with him playing the 4, it would create tons of match up problems. his build is like rashard lewis, who is playing the 4 for the magic. who's to say he gallo can't do the same, who's played with much bigger and mature players in their 30s at the age of 16-18. don't forget about his experience from Milan.

JMKnick33
06-11-2009, 05:52 PM
projected lineup if everything goes as planned:

Curry
Chandler
James
Gallinari
Amare

FaceDown91
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
projected lineup if everything goes as planned:

Curry
Chandler
James
Gallinari
Amare

nice defensive lineup.....not!

ko8e24
06-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Nets

mikantsass
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
No more lebron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

JMKnick33
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
nice defensive lineup.....not!

chandler and james can be perimeter stoppers. but in the post, you're right about the defensive liability. let me remind you, our coach is D'antoni anyway :rolleyes:

rhaas74
06-11-2009, 09:04 PM
A bull it would be the final nail in cleveland's heart :D

Funny thing about your sig is that if you even payed attention to the game, they showed that kid right before LeBron hit his game winner. FAIL.

Red222
06-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Funny thing about your sig is that if you even payed attention to the game, they showed that kid right before LeBron hit his game winner. FAIL.
I know but thats irrelevant now. :D

bluesickle
06-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry Cavs fans but he's not staying in Cleveland. It doesn't matter if they make moves to make the team more competitive because Cleveland is too small for LeBron. I predict that he'll find himself in New York, Chicago, or Miami with Dallas and San Antonio as distant alternatives.

S-Dot
06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
im a knicks fan, but i think cleveland....i personally hopes he takes a year off so he can make a SPace Jam 2...j/k, but i think he'll stay home

prodigy
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
The Knicks. The Knicks have never been frugal to explore options. The problem has been their failure to sign anyone of significance. LeBron would change that, obviously. They'd surround him with better talent than Mo Williams.

Another one of these? omg.

canada to play hockey.

30 mill more contract wise staying in clevleand. Get chance to market himself in china with this big investment group. Gets to stay home.

or go to NY and sell couple more shoes? ummmm ya thats tough. NOT!!!!

masalex1205
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Bobcats! seriously though I predict this thread will go 15 pages min.

Rapt0rs
06-12-2009, 11:47 AM
LA...Clippers

mser58
06-12-2009, 12:07 PM
The only thing that matters here is : $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ NY and Cleveland the only squad that could put up the dough for LBJ

thephoenixson28
06-12-2009, 12:19 PM
The only thing that matters here is : $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ NY and Cleveland the only squad that could put up the dough for LBJ Yeah but phoenix could do that + put piecies around him to win a championship.I think phoenix is the best place for his legacy. But if he wants to be just the guy that got one big check well then go to ny,and nj. I think he would stay in cleveland but I pray he comes to phoenix.

Seventh King
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
He'll stay in Cleveland, unless they don't get him the help he needs this year to compete for a title next year. I would expect them to be very busy on draft night also. The bottom line for me is that the fans and organization have been very loyal to LBJ. Why in the hell would he want to start over in some lame-*** third-rate market? Nope, its either stay with the Cavs or move to a prime-time venue IF the Cavs don't surround him with enough to compete next year.

mrblisterdundee
06-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Cleveland will pick somebody else up. Even Kobe needs a great team to win.

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 04:15 PM

59million for starters

With bench
Barbosa(7 million)

75 million

Nash/dragic
Miller/barbosa
James/dudley
Wallace/lopez

Another dynasty

When was the suns first dynasty???:confused:

ko8e24
06-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Actually, now that I thought about it, Lebron may sign a 1 yr extension. I think like Kobe, he may want to get a no trade clause. The only way he could get that is if he plays with the same NBA team for atleast 8 consecutive years. End of 2009-2010 would be 7 years, so he may sign for one more year, and then once he has that clause, he can decide where he wants to be traded. I dunno, just pure speculation.

MrBloop
06-12-2009, 04:20 PM
He'll stay in Cleveland, unless they don't get him the help he needs this year to compete for a title next year. I would expect them to be very busy on draft night also. The bottom line for me is that the fans and organization have been very loyal to LBJ. Why in the hell would he want to start over in some lame-*** third-rate market? Nope, its either stay with the Cavs or move to a prime-time venue IF the Cavs don't surround him with enough to compete next year.

He would be stupid to commit to Cleveland without seeing what they come up with this summer. If Cleveland was smart, he would have already had talent around him. They we're cheap from jump street when he was drafted. I say bolt that **** town and start a real legacy in NY. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THE KNICKS CAN'T SURROUND HIM WITH BETTER TALENT THAN MO WILLIAMS AND A BUNCH OF WASHED UP ROLE PLAYERS.