View Full Version : Tim Donaghy getting the VIP treatment in prison

Chronz
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Ex-Referee Tim Donaghy Severely Assaulted
By Inmate With Ties To Mob

Tim Donaghy, the former NBA referee, will be released from
prison on June 17th. Donaghy, convicted for betting on
professional basketball is serving a 15-month sentence at the
federal prison camp in Pensacola, Florida.

Donaghy’s release date has recently been in question due to
concerns about his medical condition. Donaghy was injured
during an assault in November of 2008. During the assault,
another inmate claiming ties to the New York mob beat Donaghy
with a heavy object. Donaghy suffered severe knee and leg
injuries that will require surgery.

Sorry if its old news, I dont remember hearing about this

Frank Costanza
06-11-2009, 12:04 PM
i wonder how much the mob lost of some big playoff games???

Unruly Fan
06-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Sorry if its old news, I dont remember hearing about thisMe neither.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

theuuord
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Me neither.

hahahahahahahahahaha!

the guy needs surgery and you're laughing?

really?

IBleedPurple
06-11-2009, 12:49 PM

really?

I'd enjoy laughing, the guy diminished the integrity of basketball, and sports in general. Given there are many other things that have done the same, but karma sometimes serves its' purpose :smoking:

Chronz
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I was LOL as well when I read it, cmon its Tim, the same Tim that pissed on the game we love

Thatruth32
06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
im glad to see the mob is still going strong :) lol

Unruly Fan
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM

really?
I can't understand why your heart bleeds for this guy. It's either you don't know who Tim Donaghy is, or you must have some relation.

In any case, I appologize to all the Tim Donaghy fans I may have hurt in some way. Him getting his butt whooped in prison is no laughing matter at all ;)

FarmioFan1
06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I'd enjoy laughing, the guy diminished the integrity of basketball, and sports in general. Given there are many other things that have done the same, but karma sometimes serves its' purpose :smoking:

Diminished the integrity? Please IBP, enlight us all on the integrity of the NBA before this Tim Donaghy situation. I'm going to love this.

theuuord
06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't understand why your heart bleeds for this guy. It's either you don't know who Tim Donaghy is, or you must have some relation.

In any case, I appologize to all the Tim Donaghy fans I may have hurt in some way. Him getting his butt whooped in prison is no laughing matter at all ;)

My heart doesn't bleed for the guy. I don't like what he did either. But he's still human, for chrissakes.

Is it worth it to kick people when they're already down?

Unruly Fan
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
My heart doesn't bleed for the guy. I don't like what he did either. But he's still human, for chrissakes.

Is it worth it to kick people when they're already down?It's not necessarily worth it but I still laughed because someone else did. It's not like the scumbag (who made money from swaying games) died. Furthermore he should've known what he was getting himself into. No matter how low he is at this point, he still has to deal with the repercussions of his actions.

In terms of repercussions... Yes hes serving time and he'll probably never blow a whistle again but he may have pissed a few ppl off no?

oshea225
06-11-2009, 01:26 PM

Is it worth it to kick people when they're already down?

agreed. what he did was wrong, and now hes paying for it. but to kick him while hes down, in prison nonetheless, is worse because its an immoral act. what donaghy did was highly unsportmanlike. but what this mob guy did is immoral. no, i'll never have repsect for donaghy, but he doesnt deserve to get beat in prison

oshea225
06-11-2009, 01:28 PM
It's not necessarily worth it but I still laughed because someone else did. It's not like the scumbag (who made money from swaying games) died. Furthermore he should've known what he was getting himself into. No matter how low he is at this point, he still has to deal with the repercussions of his actions.

being in prison, having your life thrown away, and having a disgraced name across american sports fans isnt enough? he has to be ambushed in jail on top of it?

NYtilIdie
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Dont do the crime if you don't want to get your ***** beat while doing the time that simple.

Unruly Fan
06-11-2009, 01:46 PM
being in prison, having your life thrown away, and having a disgraced name across american sports fans isnt enough? he has to be ambushed in jail on top of it?
While those are all heartbreaking, dreadful and unfortunate things... he brought it on himself. He put himself in a position to be arrested, he threw his own life away, he put his name up there to be shat on by the general public AND he made himself a target to all the people who were affected by his shenanigans. That is all lol

magichatnumber9
06-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Is it worth it to kick people when they're already down?Agreed, the guy is still a man and basketball is still a game. A games sanctity is minuscule compared to life. I don't like What TD did, but he is doing his time, and will probably never find work after prison. Not to mention that his life will always be in jeopardy. Don't ever get entertainment and life mixed up

Ilir
06-11-2009, 01:59 PM
While those are all heartbreaking, dreadful and unfortunate things... he brought it on himself. He put himself in a position to be arrested, he threw his own life away, he put his name up there to be shat on by the general public AND he made himself a target to all the people who were affected by his shenanigans. That is all lol

^^ agree

His actions got him into the position hes in. I don't think its right that he got his a55 kicked but what do you think is gonna happen when you "fix" games that millions watch. They probably lost some bet on a basketball game and blamed him for it.

Ilir
06-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Agreed, the guy is still a man and basketball is still a game. A games sanctity is minuscule compared to life. I don't like What TD did, but he is doing his time, and will probably never find work after prison. Not to mention that his life will always be in jeopardy. Don't ever get entertainment and life mixed up

I'm not the one who told the guy to do it.... or was I (mwahahahah)... but seriously its the same as seeing some dumba55 trip and face plant. Its hard not to laugh and the guys a dueche himself so karma does its trick and prison without the a55 kickin isnt really prison.

clutchski
06-11-2009, 02:16 PM
There are waaaay worse things going on in other countries..you get glimpses of them every once in a while on news sites.

I'm with the Unruly Fan, he did it to himself. It's not like the other prisoners batted an eye.

Chronz
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
OK so maybe its not that funny, but it is ironic somehow it all ends up biting him in the ***. I hope this is the extent of his troubles I wont be laughing if it happens again, but this time its only fitting that he have his legs broke

_Sn1P3r_
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Well, in the end, it was his fault for doing this. Karma is a ***** and she likes to hit hard.

juggla53
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
really?

The guy fixed NBA games and then tried to say it was a leauge wide conspiracy, he deservs whatever happens to him

IBleedPurple
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Diminished the integrity? Please IBP, enlight us all on the integrity of the NBA before this Tim Donaghy situation. I'm going to love this.

While you're not worth me spending a lot of time responding on, because I tend to be long-winded......and if you are going to love it so much, then enjoy....

Basically, in the time before it was discovered that Tim Donaghy fixed games, we were in the age of only superstar calls & some of the usual powerhouse teams. While there is always speculation of preferential treatment, or Stern fixing games, it is purely that.....speculation. Often the accuser is on the losing side of the game, series, or season, and in most every case, the claims are based on poor arguments.

Once all of the information on Donaghy came out, it was a huge black eye to the NBA. Donaghy receiving $5,000 per game for giving inside information about injuries, and altering the point spread by giving calls to players that were playing for teams he bet on is a huge issue. A referee of a professional sports game should never make calls based on his own financial interests. Who is to say how many millions were lost by the sports gambling community worldwide, and I think a product of this is Donaghy getting beat down like deserves (in many opinions).

thephoenixson28
06-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Donaghy got what he deserves. I feel for the guy and his family but that's karma. You think that was bad what happened to donaghy in prison just wait until he gets out. The next thread is going to be donaghy shot multiple times. I don't wish that upon nobody but that's the way it happens.

FaceDown91
06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Prison is much worse then the beating he got. He's lucky that he did not get his arms or legs chopped off.

I wish the best for his family but he did this to himself. Trying to fix a national televised sports game for your own gain is un-acceptable and in the end, karma hits you like a truck falling on your head. Except for this case, his legs :P.

The good thing i can hope is that he learned his lesson and will try to move on in life and never, EVER, do anything like this again. You already ruined your life once Tim, don't make it twice now.

oshea225
06-11-2009, 07:07 PM
he deserves to be in prison.

he doesnt deserve to be beat.

thats all im saying

agoody117
06-11-2009, 08:14 PM
haha that sucks...