PDA

View Full Version : Blog About Raul Ibanez Causes National Attention

hgtiger32
06-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Many of you might have heard about this increasing popular blog. The just of it is that in the article the writer talks about the reasons for why Raul Ibanez is having a good year. He makes many points and has different reasons. One of them is obvious stereroids in this day and age of baseball. Ibanez heard about this and lashed out at the author calling him a "42 year old man who lives with his mother".

So I'll leave it up for discussion...i have 2 links

This link is for the story itself written about Raul Ibanez
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/06/raul-ibanez-great-start-comes-with-steroid-speculation/

This link is for a debate and conversation on Outside the Lines featuring the author of this article, a sports writter in Philly, and Ken Rothensal. I really suggest this one because it explains everything really, really well
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4248759

A common debate here is about the blog world and about the media on the internet...I thought this would field great discussion, especially about whether bloggers have the right to write what they want and in this case about Ibanez

BH-Sports
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
He took steroids.! =)

vigilantex69
06-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Ibanez is off to a hot start!! That is all people! We're not even at the All-Star break yet! You really think hes gonna double this and hit 50 HR this year? Drive in 140 RBIS? When its all said and done he will wind up with MAYBE 30+ HR and MAYBE 105 RBI's or so. That is saying he will stay healthy. He will NOT continue this streak. How many players have done this? Gabe Kapler last year? Chipper Jones the year before? It's not going to last people! If he finished the year with 50 HR then yes bring up the steroid talk but this is kind of a ******** article to begin with. Lots of players get on tears, but he is not going to finish anything special. The guy is at 223 AB out of what? 600? He is a 4th of the way through the season! He will win up batting 280 as well. Everyone just needs to calm down.

chadtx01
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I would like to read the original blog, but from what I've heard, he did nothing wrong. Like they said, in this day and age its hard not to question a player that puts up these types of numbers.

Whether he continues this pace or not, he's already 1 homerun shy of his career average with how many games left? It would be different if he were a 26 or 27 year old with 3 or 4 seasons under his belt, but he's not.

As fans, we pay the salaries of all these players, and we have every right to question them, especially given whats happened in the recent past. Too many players have said they didnt use, but failed the test.

It would be one thing had he said that Ibanez took steroids, but he didnt.

Juggynuts
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Ibanez is off to a hot start!! That is all people! We're not even at the All-Star break yet! You really think hes gonna double this and hit 50 HR this year? Drive in 140 RBIS? When its all said and done he will wind up with MAYBE 30+ HR and MAYBE 105 RBI's or so. That is saying he will stay healthy. He will NOT continue this streak. How many players have done this? Gabe Kapler last year? Chipper Jones the year before? It's not going to last people! If he finished the year with 50 HR then yes bring up the steroid talk but this is kind of a ******** article to begin with. Lots of players get on tears, but he is not going to finish anything special. The guy is at 223 AB out of what? 600? He is a 4th of the way through the season! He will win up batting 280 as well. Everyone just needs to calm down.

Raul Ibanez will hit 100 HR's and Drive in 200 by seasons end. He will do this having never touched a performance enhancing drug.

degnor
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Some people get paranoid and blame steroids for everything. Is it always the case? Absolutely not. Are they in the wrong for claiming that? Yes, I believe so. Is it understandable? Sure as hell is.

Juggynuts
06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I would like to read the original blog, but from what I've heard, he did nothing wrong. Like they said, in this day and age its hard not to question a player that puts up these types of numbers.

Whether he continues this pace or not, he's already 1 homerun shy of his career average with how many games left? It would be different if he were a 26 or 27 year old with 3 or 4 seasons under his belt, but he's not.

As fans, we pay the salaries of all these players, and we have every right to question them, especially given whats happened in the recent past. Too many players have said they didnt use, but failed the test.

I thought you didn't read the original blog? I read it and he sure as hell speculates enough to think he's on to something.

chadtx01
06-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I thought you didn't read the original blog? I read it and he sure as hell speculates enough to think he's on to something.

Did he ever directly say that Ibanez uses?

ccspence8
06-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Its cuz Ibanez played on the Mariners forever..no one even really cared about him and he obv didn't feel like he was competing. To say he'll be lucky to get 30 HR and 100 RBI' is homerish. He'll prob end up with at least 40 HR & 120 RBI.

I've always liked Ibanez, finally he starts getting recognition.

JAYZFAN9
06-10-2009, 07:23 PM
wow serious roid rage from Ibanez ..

love the '42 year old in mothers basement' remark LOL I bet someone from this forum wrote it lol

chadtx01
06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Its cuz Ibanez played on the Mariners forever..no one even really cared about him and he obv didn't feel like he was competing. To say he'll be lucky to get 30 HR and 100 RBI' is homerish. He'll prob end up with at least 40 HR & 120 RBI.

I've always liked Ibanez, finally he starts getting recognition.

I think its because over the course of his career, he's averaged 21 HR's and 96 RBI's, and through 56 games this year he's hit 20 HR's and has 55 RBI's.

I like Ibanez too, and I dont think he's dirty, but in a time where some of the biggest names in baseball, and arguably the two best hitters in the game get busted, its a legitimate question.

MaHaRaJaH
06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Correlation does not Equal Causation

gauth25
06-10-2009, 07:37 PM
He's always been a good hitter. He moved from that monster park in Seattle to a very hitter friendly hitters park along with moving to a league with not as much quality pitching. He will hit 40 homeruns + and 120 RBIs + while batting over .300

misterd
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
I think its because over the course of his career, he's averaged 21 HR's and 96 RBI's, and through 56 games this year he's hit 20 HR's and has 55 RBI's.

Something easily accounted for by the fact he played in three games at New Yankee Stadium. :p

This is why I hate the steroid era so much, and why I'd love to put in automatic "triggers" for a drug test - ie hitting twice as many HRs in a season, 20 HRs in a month, etc- just so everyone could at least feel more confident that the stats are honest.

chadtx01
06-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Something easily accounted for by the fact he played in three games at New Yankee Stadium. :p

This is why I hate the steroid era so much, and why I'd love to put in automatic "triggers" for a drug test - ie hitting twice as many HRs in a season, 20 HRs in a month, etc- just so everyone could at least feel more confident that the stats are honest.

The blogger actually talked about Ibanez playing a series in the new Yankee Stadium and moving from Seattle to Philladelphia. He's definitely playing in more hitter friendly parks, but sadly with people like ARod, Manny, Palmeiro, Tejada, Clemens, Pettite and countless others getting accused and/or caught, everybody is on the radar. It's a sad time for baseball.

bringbackfredex
06-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Did anybody even consider the fact that he went to one of the best hitters parks in the league? Look at how skinny he is, there is no way in hell he does steroids. Plus you hear from everyone about how great of a guy he is and how he is one of the most stand up guys in baseball, I'm pretty sure if he had any anger issues or roid rages we would have found out about it from someone. Blogger and this thread= fail.

hgtiger32
06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
^^^yeah the hitter friendly park is mentioned in the article/blog...what's everyone's thoughts on the blogger getting blamed at? in my opinion he didn't do anything wrong. he's a fan and has every right to say that

cheerio
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Ibanez is off to a hot start, lets just wait to see what happens next year to see if it is a fluke

MaHaRaJaH
06-10-2009, 10:44 PM
^^^yeah the hitter friendly park is mentioned in the article/blog...what's everyone's thoughts on the blogger getting blamed at? in my opinion he didn't do anything wrong. he's a fan and has every right to say that

Not according to Ibanez, he's ready to press legal charges lol

hgtiger32
06-10-2009, 11:01 PM
^^^freedom of speech and press...ilbanez wont win that one

koldjerky
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
^^^freedom of speech and press...ilbanez wont win that one

Slander.... well Libel.

More-Than-Most
06-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Ibanez said he will give hair his blood and his urine and if he tests positive he will give back all the money he has ever made playing baseball XD wow. They say the guy works out like a freak and all he does is try to get better and the first thing people do is ridicule the guy for all his hard work and try to toss out the steroid card. I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact the Seattle's ball park is extremely huge and he actually has hitters around him protecting him and he is actually on a winning team. Ibanez should be Irate because once your name is tossed out there then everyone's first impression is your guilty.

TheRuckus
06-10-2009, 11:27 PM
"I'll come after people who defame or slander me," he said Tuesday night before the Phillies played the New York Mets, according to the report. "It's pathetic and disgusting. There should be some accountability for people who put that out there."

"You can have my urine, my hair, my blood, my stool -- anything you can test," Ibanez said, according to the report. "I'll give you back every dime I've ever made" if the test is positive, he added.

"I'll put that up against the jobs of anyone who writes this stuff," he said, according to the Inquirer. "Make them accountable. There should be more credibility than some 42-year-old blogger typing in his mother's basement. It demeans everything you've done with one stroke of the pen."

Jesus, Raul. Get a ****ing grip.

First of all, the whole "mother's basement" thing is so hackneyed and cliche that anyone who uses it should be shot. Many bloggers rent or own their own dwellings and are intelligent and quality writers- some of them better than more "credible" newspaper columnists. Yes, there is some stupid **** out there in blogs; not all of it is perfect. Like all media, there is quality stuff and there is ****. To lump it all into one category and stereotype the writers makes you look like a douche.

Second, as to the bold- by reacting so violently and blowing this out of proportion, you've effectively lent more power to the guy's words. Had you not flipped **** about it, would it have become a big story? And why go nuts about it if it's just some blogger who can't even move out of his mom's basement, as you so wittily claim? He's not credible, remember? You can't have it both ways, man.

I understand being upset at steroid suspicion, and it's actually nice to see a player have such a strong reaction and say he'll take any test you want to prove he's innocent. But pick your spots, Raul, and realize that while you've correctly pointed out that "no one is above testing," no one is above suspicion, either- especially when they're a guy having a monster, career season at age 37.

EDIT: Just read the blog. It's completely reasonable and never accuses Ibanez of anything. It simply acknowledges that there are red flags based on what we've seen before, which is entirely true. The blogger flat-out states that his intent was to disprove the notion that Ibanez's production was fueled in any part by PEDs. There is absolutely no libel or defamation in the post, at all, and Ibanez is being an *******.

Seamhead
06-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Blame the sample size. Not steroids.

sixer04fan
06-11-2009, 12:27 AM
This is a guy who worked really hard to play the best he can. Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone accused you of cheating on a test you studied extremely hard for? Unfortunately in baseball that's the way it is: guilty until proven innocent.

Gary Reasons
06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
ryan howard is on steroids

TheRuckus
06-11-2009, 12:57 AM
This is a guy who worked really hard to play the best he can. Wouldn't you be pissed off if someone accused you of cheating on a test you studied extremely hard for? Unfortunately in baseball that's the way it is: guilty until proven innocent.

Did you read the blog? It doesn't accuse him. It acknowledges that the possibility exists and that he's heard a few people wonder about whether or not Ibanez juiced. The blogger does not, at any point, make an accusation. Ultimately, he says small sample size is more to blame than anything, and he's right.

Like I said, I get why Ibanez is pissed. What I do not understand is why he felt the need to cry like a six-year-old about it. Honestly, how much press would this blog have gotten if he hadn't ranted about it? Be a man. Calmly point out that you have never tested positive, or even suspected. Offer, in a slightly less confrontational tone, to submit to any test asked of you. Don't scream about it and hurl simple-minded insults at the guy. Frankly, Ibanez's comments are closer to libel than anything the blogger wrote.

TradeAngelos
06-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Did anybody even consider the fact that he went to one of the best hitters parks in the league? Look at how skinny he is, there is no way in hell he does steroids. Plus you hear from everyone about how great of a guy he is and how he is one of the most stand up guys in baseball, I'm pretty sure if he had any anger issues or roid rages we would have found out about it from someone. Blogger and this thread= fail.

Skinny??

He is listed at 6'2 225 pounds....if that is your definition of "skinny" I would like to know what you think "fat" is.

I guess the "hitters park" jumped his slugging .180,OPS .200, and tripled his home run pace.

37 year olds don't do that....unless.

If he was 27 entering his prime maybe,but at that age its unheard of....unless.

Seamhead
06-11-2009, 01:24 AM
....unless he did it throughout a tiny sample size, then we are morons for making any sort of conclusion or speculating anything, including whether or not a dude injected himself.

It's that simple. Where are the Chris Shelton steroids accusations? No one cares. He regressed to the mean. Where are the Bonifacio steroid accusations? No one cares. He regressed, too.

Same thing with Ibanez, except he's much better than the two referred to above.

LAFord
06-11-2009, 06:36 AM
He's hit just as much or many of his HRs on the road. The Phillie's ballpark isn't the issue.

If Ibanez wants to lash out at someone, he should start with guys he plays baseball with. Manny, A-Rod, etc. are the reason people question his suddenly having the best year of his career at age 37ish.

Raul saying that a blogger is living in his mom's basement or whatever is the same kinda stereotype that has been put on him. Funny how that works isn't it?

Live with it Raul, you're a rich man that has a job most of us wish we could have. You are blessed, just be thankful and STFU!

Besides, it's not like he killed nobody. It's not like he raped nobody!- Classic Manny!

bringbackfredex
06-11-2009, 08:10 AM
ryan howard is on steroids

lol out of all the nl east 1st basemen, your butt buddy carlos delgado and nick johnson are in the lead for steroid suspicion.

Bernbabybern
06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
"There should be more credibility than some 42-year-old blogger typing in his mother's basement."

ahahahaha!

Pinstripe pride
06-11-2009, 08:51 AM
clearly ibanez used steriods. He is having a hot start, so obviously he used steriods. its not remotely in the realm of possibilty that he just a good player seeing the ball really well now....

WSU Tony
06-11-2009, 11:14 AM

The original blog said something like this......

"A player like Ibanez who is around 40 years old and putting up MUCH better numbers than his career average leaves him open to be debated in the relm of steroids."

He didn't say he thought he took them and he wasn't even blaming him for it. He simply said an older player who puts up such big numbers above his career average is open for debate..... Thats' not even speculation.... The guy did nothing wrong at all.

hgtiger32
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
^exactly

MooseWithFleas
06-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I think Adam Lind is on steroids too. I mean, in the last week he is 12-26 with 4 home runs 7 RBI with a .462 avg. and 1.500 OPS! Oh yeah, and Jose Lopez is on steroids too, he hit 2 home runs IN ONE GAME!!!! yesterday!

*now turning sarcasm off*

Why do people give bloggers attention... It's all they want and the only reason they write. You guys are just feeding into it.

Hawkize31
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
For me the most frustrating thing is that because Ibanez made a big deal out of it, ths blogger is now receiving a flood of hits for his site. Before, this blog was relatively minor, and now its huge thanks to Ibanez.

In his outburst of anger towards this blog, Ibanez unintentionally gave them more publicity than they could dream of.

TheRuckus
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Why do people give bloggers attention... It's all they want and the only reason they write. You guys are just feeding into it.

It's not like the guy wrote some kind of incendiary piece full of accusations with no real substance. The article is actually a decent analysis of the factors that may or may not have played a role in Ibanez's hot start.

Again, I doubt many people would have heard of this if Ibanez hadn't reacted so violently. If anybody's feeding into it, it's him.

Rique
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
lol at stereroids

laboy09
06-11-2009, 12:58 PM
This is a complete joke. Raul Ibanez is not on steriods people. I am sure there should be more players names in the steriod era. To this day I still believe that Barry Bonds was never taking steriods.

TheRuckus
06-11-2009, 01:06 PM
This is a complete joke. Raul Ibanez is not on steriods people. I am sure there should be more players names in the steriod era. To this day I still believe that Barry Bonds was never taking steriods.

You were doing okay until that last sentence.

Pinstripe pride
06-11-2009, 01:07 PM

see this in bold. Thats where you made eveything before it worthless.

chadtx01
06-11-2009, 01:39 PM
The original blog said something like this......

"A player like Ibanez who is around 40 years old and putting up MUCH better numbers than his career average leaves him open to be debated in the relm of steroids."

He didn't say he thought he took them and he wasn't even blaming him for it. He simply said an older player who puts up such big numbers above his career average is open for debate..... Thats' not even speculation.... The guy did nothing wrong at all.

I went back and read the blog, and like I said before, I still dont think the blogger was in the wrong. He didnt accuse Ibanez of anything, he just laid the facts out there.

Nobody questioned ARod, nobody questioned Manny and they both turned out to be dirty, why shouldnt we question a player like Ibanez.

chadtx01
06-11-2009, 01:41 PM

And I'm sure that Tejada threw out all of those PED's after he bought them.....twice.

mark1125
06-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Sal Fasano is on Roids. you don't get a stylin' porn stache like he has by eating cheerios.

bringinwood
06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
see this in bold. Thats where you made eveything before it worthless.

It's comments like that, that make me like your dumbass sig even more... hahahaha

Ibanez has always had amazing bat speed... He is so quick through the zone... I've had the discontent of being a misplaced Phillies fan stuck out in Washington for the last 5 years and i've had the pleasure of watching Ibanez over that time... When I talked to my friends about the blogger and the blog itself, they laughed... He is one of the classiest, most standup, and honorable guys in baseball... He would never disgrace himself or the game in that way... Some people out here compare him to guys like Maddux and Ripken in terms of their personalities and character... His ability is something else.... He has been stuck out here rotting in a bad lineup for years... He is finally able to shine... Good for him...

chadtx01
06-11-2009, 03:45 PM
It's comments like that, that make me like your dumbass sig even more... hahahaha

Ibanez has always had amazing bat speed... He is so quick through the zone... I've had the discontent of being a misplaced Phillies fan stuck out in Washington for the last 5 years and i've had the pleasure of watching Ibanez over that time... When I talked to my friends about the blogger and the blog itself, they laughed... He is one of the classiest, most standup, and honorable guys in baseball... He would never disgrace himself or the game in that way... Some people out here compare him to guys like Maddux and Ripken in terms of their personalities and character... His ability is something else.... He has been stuck out here rotting in a bad lineup for years... He is finally able to shine... Good for him...

I'm sure that alot of people probably said the same thing about players like Clemens and ARod and Pettitte and so on and so forth.

pf289
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I wanna see Ibanez actually prove it just because he can. I believe he has always been clean but I just wanna see it to shut this case up.

rocowear21
06-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Steroids take a couple of years to kick in, they dont just improve your game right away so if he was taking roids it would be way back when. I am a met fan and i hate the phillies but in no way to I think that Raul is or was taking roids. He is off to a hot start in a hitter friendly park, leave the man alone, aka HOLLIDAY in coors

bronxbombers427
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
its really a shame a player cant have a good season without the whole country calling him a roid user

Faithdies
06-11-2009, 08:18 PM
As a Phillies fan, I'm assuming he's on the roids and always have been. Here's why: To keep my sanity, I assume every baseball player is on the roids at this this point. Ken Griffey? Roids! David Ortiz? Roids! Derek Jeter? Roids! It's easier to just make that assumption then get disappointed every time another reputable player tests positive.

bball44016
06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

ibanez will hit over 300 this year with 35 homers and over 115 rbis easily.. he has never had this kind of protection and has never had these kinda wheels getting on base for him therefore lettiing him see better pitches.. he is a career 286 hitter so when hes out to a blazing start i dont see how he will end up at 280? The guy is a really good hitter and always has been hes just getting more attention now a days and is in a stacked lineup where he will see pitches. Watch him face a lefty he approaches them the same way he does with a right.. thats a professional hitter.

bball44016
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Johnnie damon has 12 homers roids? Jason Bay...roids? Adrian Gonzalez..roids? Come on. Bay is a perfect example look at his last 2 years in pitt comparfed two his 1 and a half in bostoin.. its not steroids its protection. Look at seatles lineup compared to this mariners.. other than ichiro mariners have nothing

Faithdies
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Your logic is sound, but at this point it doesn't matter to me. Too many people who have had pedestrian careers and were eventually outed as steroid guys.

TheRuckus
06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Big League Stew weighs in (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Here-s-what-bothers-me-about-the-Raul-Ibanez-con;_ylt=AtzAMsFFh9ldSkqHmGFxJSuFCLcF?urn=mlb,1695 79)

Basically sums up my feelings. As a former and current journalist and blogger, this issue goes beyond whether or not there is or should be suspicion of Ibanez, or even steroids in general.

hgtiger32
06-13-2009, 04:21 PM
but when people started acusing Barry Bonds of using steroids - which this blogger did not acuse Raul Ibanez - i didn't see bonds go crazy and making remarks about the people who suggested this

bartoron
06-13-2009, 05:08 PM

I like Ibanez too, and I dont think he's dirty, but in a time where some of the biggest names in baseball, and arguably the two best hitters in the game get busted, its a legitimate question.

He's playing in Citizen's Bank Park, which is certainly contributing to his increased numbers. He's done very well the last three years, so it's not like this kind of performance is impossible.

TheRuckus
06-13-2009, 05:33 PM
He's playing in Citizen's Bank Park, which is certainly contributing to his increased numbers. He's done very well the last three years, so it's not like this kind of performance is impossible.

Come on, man, I thought you were smarter than that. CBP is friendly down the lines. That's it. It is not anywhere near the hitter haven it's made out to be. Read up on the park factors. The Bank is a neutral park at the beginning and end of the season, and slightly favors the hitter during the dog days.

Also, Ibanez has hit 13 of his 21 homers on the road, and while his SLG is 27 points higher at home, that's because his batting average is 26 points higher. Basically, the higher SLG is coming from singles, not hitting for any extra power.

It took me less than a minute to look this stuff up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to jump down your throat, but you've always struck me as a poster who knew what he was about and didn't simply make blind assumptions.

wolfman2
06-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah the blogger never said, Raul was on roids. He just said what some people would suspect because of his age and all. His response was a typical response of "roid rage." Not saying he is on them or not, but that didn't help him much. I am from Philly, but if he is on them, well then he probably got them from J Roll.

Tragedy
06-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah the blogger never said, Raul was on roids. He just said what some people would suspect because of his age and all. His response was a typical response of "roid rage." Not saying he is on them or not, but that didn't help him much. I am from Philly, but if he is on them, well then he probably got them from J Roll.
Of, give me a break. So, he hits a lot of HR's - Roids. He gets angry when people say he uses steroids - Roid rage.

Give me a break. It's all a pathetic witch hunt. People say they're sick of hearing about steroids and wish we could move past it, yet it's not just the media (but the FANS) that keep the talk alive.

REGular
06-15-2009, 11:52 AM
I disagree Tragedy . . . I'm not sick of it, and I do believe players are still using performance enhancers (see Exhibit A: Manny Ramirez) . . . Nobody has given them any reason not to use the latest drugs that can't be tested for.

There is no shame to the players who get caught. And most of them aren't HOF-material anyway.

Sockeye
06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
He's always been a good hitter. He moved from that monster park in Seattle to a very hitter friendly hitters park along with moving to a league with not as much quality pitching. He will hit 40 homeruns + and 120 RBIs + while batting over .300

I think there are a number of reasons one should look at before stampeding right to the steroids claim.
1) A move to a hitter-friendly park
2) League pitching depth
3) Line-up protection
4) Playing for a contender
5) I'd think that it is a little more difficult to get away with steroids now than before, although not impossible. That is why you were seeing dramatic fall-off in production the last few years from the usual suspects, hitters and pitchers alike.

theLgndKllr35
06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Raul Ibanez is on Cole Hamels. More potent than any steroid known to man.

wolfman2
06-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Of, give me a break. So, he hits a lot of HR's - Roids. He gets angry when people say he uses steroids - Roid rage.

Give me a break. It's all a pathetic witch hunt. People say they're sick of hearing about steroids and wish we could move past it, yet it's not just the media (but the FANS) that keep the talk alive.

Well Tragedy, I guess you really want a break. "males who used anabolic-androgenic steroids reported greater involvement in violent behaviors even after controlling for the effects of key demographic variables, previous violent behavior, and polydrug use" Violent behavior, eh? Look at it like this, he signed a contract for $31.5 million, ACT PROFESSIONAL.

I for one love the talk about steroids because I hate to see "cheaters" get an advantage over the "average Joe." I for one am hoping that baseball gives drug tests every week to teams. Then we would know who is really clean and who isn't.

chadtx01
06-15-2009, 02:33 PM

If he played 162 games a year at CBP, your comment would hold more weight, but as stated he's hot more HR's on the road than he has at home.

TheRuckus
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
If he played 162 games a year at CBP, your comment would hold more weight, but as stated he's hot more HR's on the road than he has at home.

Like I said, CBP is a neutral park. It offers a slight edge to the hitter at most. The problem is it has this ridiculous reputation as a bandbox that people take as gospel without actually looking **** up.