PDA

View Full Version : Mock Offseason Thread Game

Patrick Swayze
06-10-2009, 05:51 PM
So every one has their opinions on who they want and who we need to get rid of. I thought this sort of "game" would be fun. Mock the hornets offseason. Who trade resign, trade, trade for, draft, mock depth chart. You get the picture. Here is mine as an example. I know mine is kind of out there, but you never know what could happen.

(Rule: No comments on anyones such as this: That will never happen or That isn't possible.

(Post as many different mock off seasons as you want.)

Draft: Chase Budinger

Traded to the Suns: Antonio Daniels, Morris Peterson, Tyson Chandler, Peja Stojakovic

Traded to Hornets: Amare Stoudemire, Stromile Swift

Lost: Melvin Ely (not resigned)

Resigned: Sean Marks, Ryan Bowen

Free Agents signed: Jannero Pargo, Rashad McCants

Mock Depth Chart

PG: Chris Paul, Jannero Pargo, Devin Brown
SG: Rashad McCants, Rasual Butler, Devin Brown
SF: Chase Budinger, James Posey, Ryan Bowen
PF: David West, Julian Wright, Sean Marks
C: Amare Stoudemire, Stromile Swift, Hilton Armstrong

VCaintdead17
06-10-2009, 06:03 PM
why are there no Hornets fans on psd....

with such an incredible player like CP3, you would think they would have a large fan base here...

Vinny642
06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
lol idk, its me patrickS and BigBreed mostly.

JDizzle
06-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I would love that lineup p swayzee but, I dont know if we could get amare it would be awesome tho. That starting lineup you said I wouldn't mind watching all season.

Vinny642
06-10-2009, 10:48 PM
yea it would lol

Patrick Swayze
06-10-2009, 11:19 PM
So... are you guys going to post one?

JDizzle
06-10-2009, 11:32 PM
draft: tyler hansbrough.. i havent looked at mocks latly but this guy is tough and a competetor who will bring engery and he wants to prove people wrong.

Trade: tyson chandler for tyrus thomas

Trade : david west, daniels ,peja and peterson for stoudimire

sign kyle korver and pargo

dont sign bowen or ely

resign marks

Pg- Paul, pargo, brown
Sg Rasual butler, brown
Sf julian wright, posey, kyle korver
Pf tyrus thomas, hansbrough
C amare, marks, armstrong

Method28
06-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Ima try this as to what i think COULD happen instead of what i want lol

Hornets get: Shaq (big inside presence and huge contract will come off the books)

Suns get: Antonio Daniels (expiring contract)
Tyson Chandler (get athletic big man who can run the floor)

Sign: Jannero Pargo
Sean Marks

Draft: Tyler Hansbrough (great energy off the bench)

Sadly we get stuck with Peja and Mo Pete for another year

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Rasual Butler
SF: James Posey
PF: David West
C: Shaquille O'Neal

spacemandave
06-11-2009, 11:51 AM
sign pargo, draft hansbrough

pg-cp3, pargo
sg-butler/pargo(butler starts, pargo finishes)
sf-juju/posey(juju starts, posey finishes)
pf-west, hansbrough
c-chandler, marks

i guess peja can get some fill in time but thats it, antonio daniels has been traded for a pepperoni hot pocket.

BIGBREED
06-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I think that we should post ideas that can actually happen, rather then something that can't happen(including players value, salary cap, and Hornets cap issues) It should be realistic bcuz someone can say lets trade Mo Pete and Antonio Daniels for Kobe Bryant; and that ain't going to happen bcuz its not realistic!

**Lets keep in mind that there's a salary cap**

LOL.....Stromile Swift is the worst LSU NBA player since George Zidek! Lets let him just ride off in the sunset; he's done!

Patrick Swayze
06-11-2009, 02:34 PM
draft: tyler hansbrough.. i havent looked at mocks latly but this guy is tough and a competetor who will bring engery and he wants to prove people wrong.

Trade: tyson chandler for tyrus thomas

Trade : david west, daniels ,peja and peterson for stoudimire

sign kyle korver and pargo

dont sign bowen or ely

resign marks

Pg- Paul, pargo, brown
Sg Rasual butler, brown
Sf julian wright, posey, kyle korver
Pf tyrus thomas, hansbrough
C amare, marks, armstrong

Korver would easily start over Wright and Posey. He could even start at SG

I think that we should post ideas that can actually happen, rather then something that can't happen(including players value, salary cap, and Hornets cap issues) It should be realistic bcuz someone can say lets trade Mo Pete and Antonio Daniels for Kobe Bryant; and that ain't going to happen bcuz its not realistic!

LOL.....Stromile Swift is the worst LSU NBA player since George Zidek! Lets let him just ride off in the sunset; he's done!

I did mine without worrying about the cap. The only part of the cap I thought of is the contracts we have that we want to get rid of.

Method28
06-11-2009, 03:51 PM

My Shaq trade works with the salaries and has been mentioned already. I think we have a chance to make a move but it wont be for someone long term. No one will take Peja or Mo Pete unless its along with CP3 so i didn't even think about that.

Patrick Swayze
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
My Shaq trade works with the salaries and has been mentioned already. I think we have a chance to make a move but it wont be for someone long term. No one will take Peja or Mo Pete unless its along with CP3 so i didn't even think about that.

I highly disagree.

Method28
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
you really think someone would take Peja to use him as a player? I think next year he'll be a hot commodity because his 14 million will be coming off the books....so we'll get someone good for him then...what do you think about Peja and Mo Pete?

Vinny642
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Im not a fan of Korver starting over Juju or Posey, Juju has to be more confident with his talent

Patrick Swayze
06-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Im not a fan of Korver starting over Juju or Posey, Juju has to be more confident with his talent

Korver is a more well rounded player. And he can shoot.

Vinny642
06-11-2009, 07:25 PM
yea i know, but he is white. lol I wouldnt hate him but who is SF?

BIGBREED
06-12-2009, 01:15 AM
yea i know, but he is white. Lol i wouldnt hate him but who is sf?

lmfao......

JDizzle
06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
no no kyle korver is an off the bench guy no way he is a starter i live in philly and I watched him with the sixers.. There is no way he could be a sg he cant create his own shots the only thing he can do very well is shot the 3. Julian Wright has so much potential. I believe in the playoffs 2 yrs ago he was a big reason why we were winning games, He got 20 pts in a couple of them games i dont know why byron scott doesnt play the guy he is very atheltic and if we had korver wright and posey that would be a great sf list. korver the shooter posey the d and wright the atheltism.

Patrick Swayze
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
yea i know, but he is white. lol I wouldnt hate him but who is SF?

Ha, I always would say to myself when I watched a game.... "Look, all the white guys are sitting on the bench in their warm ups."

Brian Scalabrine is like the only white that does play and he is a ginger!!

Ok enough of that now.

no no kyle korver is an off the bench guy no way he is a starter i live in philly and I watched him with the sixers.. There is no way he could be a sg he cant create his own shots the only thing he can do very well is shot the 3. Julian Wright has so much potential. I believe in the playoffs 2 yrs ago he was a big reason why we were winning games, He got 20 pts in a couple of them games i dont know why byron scott doesnt play the guy he is very atheltic and if we had korver wright and posey that would be a great sf list. korver the shooter posey the d and wright the atheltism.

I still disagree.

BIGBREED
06-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Brian Scalabrine is like the only white that does play and he is a ginger!!

Lmfao... man you a fool!

Patrick Swayze
06-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Lmfao... man you a fool!Eric Cartman probably is pretty upset by it. Haha!

Patrick Swayze
06-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Updated:

(Again, I didn't consider the contracts working out correctly for each trade)

Trades: Tyson, Peja, Mo Pete, Antonio Daniels to Grizzlies for Marc Gasol, Hakim Warrick.

Signed: Rashad McCants

PG: Chris Paul, Darren Collison, Devin Brown
SG: Rashad McCants, Rasual Butler, Marcus Thornton
SF: Hakim Warrick, Julian Wright, James Posey
PF: Davis West, Julian Wright, Ryan Bowen
C: Marc Gasol, Hilton Armstrong