PDA

View Full Version : Downtown L.A. contemplates a Lakers parade

JordansBulls
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Source: LAtimes (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/downtown-la-contemplates-a-lakers-parade.html)

The Lakers are only halfway to clinching the NBA Finals, but already the powers that be in downtown L.A. are thinking about the when-and-where of their victory parade.

In an e-mail to the downtown community Tuesday, LAPD Capt. Blake Chow said that a Lakers victory parade could happen as soon as Monday, should the team sweep the Orlando Magic in four games. A parade would begin at Staples Center about 11 a.m., travel south on Figueroa and end at the Coliseum about 1 p.m.

Should it take a bit longer to clinch the title, the parade could be held Wednesday, June 17th (if they win in five games); Friday the 19th (in six games) or Monday the 22nd (if it takes the full seven games).

And if a victory parade ends up being held in Orlando?

Chow doesn't allow for that possibility.

mikantsass
06-10-2009, 03:46 PM
If by some miracle Orlando wins do they go through disney?

madiaz3
06-10-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm sure Orlando was planning parades too before the start of the finals or even now? They don't just arrange for one the day before.

ARMIN12NBA
06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
You have to plan these things early. I'm sure Orlando is making sure they are all set as well.

Living Legend
06-10-2009, 03:49 PM
You have to plan these things early. I'm sure Orlando is making sure they are all set as well.

stop that

ARMIN12NBA
06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
stop that

:confused:

JordansBulls
06-10-2009, 03:56 PM
This just reminds me of Dallas in 2006. When they were up 2-0 the headlines were very similar saying that the city of Dallas was already preparing for the parade. You don't want to give a team extra adrenaline. Not that it will help Orlando in this case, but it did against Cleveland.

madiaz3
06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
This just reminds me of Dallas in 2006. When they were up 2-0 the headlines were very similar saying that the city of Dallas was already preparing for the parade. You don't want to give a team extra adrenaline. Not that it will help Orlando in this case, but it did against Cleveland.

I guarantee this is the case for every single team in the finals though.

ARMIN12NBA
06-10-2009, 04:00 PM

I'm pretty much a 100% sure that Orlando is preparing as well and they should be preparing. This isn't something you cook up in one days notice.

Lakersfan2483
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
The games still have to be won on the basketball court, so it doesn't matter what fans and or city officials are planning. Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the rest of the Lakers know that this series is not over and are definitely treating the Magic as a worthy opponent. If you listen to every postgame, Jackson and Bryant are always talking about how the series is not a cakewalk and that LA has to be ready every game because Orlando is a very good team.

Lakersfan2483
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty much a 100% sure that Orlando is preparing as well and they should be preparing. This isn't something you cook up in one days notice.

Exactly, when a team reaches the championship rounds, rest assured that team is preparing as if they are going to win it all. It's always better to plan ahead of time.

superkegger
06-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Shame on the City of Los Angeles for being prepared. How ridiculous.

ARMIN12NBA
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Shame on the City of Los Angeles for being prepared. How ridiculous.

Stupid L.A. What ever happened to being spontaneous? :p

S.J.Basketball
06-10-2009, 04:10 PM
For all intentions and pruposes they should be getting ready for a Parade. L.A. is up 2-1 and are the favorites to win. Why wouldn't they prepare just in case? Better to prepare for a parade then get caught with your pants down.

leftymo
06-10-2009, 04:11 PM

It's a good thing this Laker team isn't as mentally weak as that mavs team.

Lakersfan2483
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
It's a good thing this Laker team isn't as mentally weak as that mavs team.

Exactly, I don't see the Lakers losing 3 straight games (4 overall counting last game) like Dallas in 2006. LA needs to win 1 game in Orlando and finish it out at the Staples Center.

Super.
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Jynx Jynx Jynx!

lol

Missing56&33
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM

x2....I was thinking the same thing but I think MK and Lakers brass no better than to feed into something like that. Cuban was communicating to people organizing the Parade for Dallas. I can see him doing that. Orlando should be up 2-1

mrblisterdundee
06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
That city is really trying to push home the fact that they won a championship without Shaquille. It seems very desperate.

GspLAL
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Source: LAtimes (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/06/downtown-la-contemplates-a-lakers-parade.html)

I think it's pretty funny how you try to take any negative shot at LA to show that they're cocky, greedy, whatever, you might not say it but I can read between the lines, why else would you make this thread? Oh and, please forgive LA for preparing to be on time just in case they do win the title, how dare they.

ARMIN12NBA
06-10-2009, 07:32 PM
That city is really trying to push home the fact that they won a championship without Shaquille. It seems very desperate.

Desperate? They are on the brink of a championship. I'm sure they are excited. Not really desperation. The Lakers have won 11 championships without the Big Aristotle so Shaq is and has never been the end all, be all of this franchise.

LA412
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
you have to plan it early especially in a city like LA with things always going on..........everyone makes a big deal of this every year

ARMIN12NBA
06-11-2009, 04:51 AM
you have to plan it early especially in a city like LA with things always going on..........everyone makes a big deal of this every year

True.